Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Managed To Retro Fit Bluetooth Without The Module

Jeremyc

Just finished a long day of working on the car(Painting calipers, new center caps, cleaning, bluetooth fitting)

I'm happy to announce that my mk2.5 focus now has bluetooth without the module and just an AD2P bluetooth box which cost £15 from eBay. I wired the aux from the glovebox to behind the radio and then have the box placed under the steering column. I then spliced an micro usb to male usb and cut off the male usb side and then cut the 12 perm live radio cable and then used a cheese block to place the cables together. Then I realised I was pumping 12v after testing it into a box which only wants 5v and we were wondering why the led was flashing!

So we knew that the AD2P works with a cigarette lighter usb port so we got the old one took it apart and wired the positive negative and the output to the corresponding places and then we had an actual 5v output and then bluetooth works perfectly. It works well too because its always on so music plays instantly no waiting for it to pair as it does this when walking to the car.

I do have some pictures of the work if anyone is interested but it is basically what I wrote there.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Have you got a link to this box? I've had a nosey on eBay but can't seem to see anything matching your description.

Of course mate. I got it from amazon and its cheap as chips too. Here you go:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HomeSpot-NFC-enabled-Bluetooth-Receiver-System/dp/B009OBCAW2/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1426609239&sr=8-13&keywords=bluetooth+aux

Let me know if you follow this too.

• Like 2

Just finished a long day of working on the car(Painting calipers, new center caps, cleaning, bluetooth fitting)

I'm happy to announce that my mk2.5 focus now has bluetooth without the module and just an AD2P bluetooth box which cost £15 from ebay. I wired the aux from the glovebox to behind the radio and then have the box placed under the steering column. I then spliced an micro usb to male usb and cut off the male usb side and then cut the 12 perm live radio cable and then used a cheese block to place the cables together. Then I realised I was pumping 12v after testing it into a box which only wants 5v and we were wondering why the led was flashing!

So we knew that the AD2P works with a cigarette lighter usb port so we got the old one took it apart and wired the positive negative and the output to the corresponding places and then we had an actual 5v output and then bluetooth works perfectly. It works well too because its always on so music plays instantly no waiting for it to pair as it does this when walking to the car.

I do have some pictures of the work if anyone is interested but it is basically what I wrote there.

Seems like a great little device.

If its always on though, won't it deplete the battery?

Seems like a great little device.

If its always on though, won't it deplete the battery?

It uses a very little little amount and not had any issues with it since doing it mind you I drive most days.