Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mickj

headlights mondeo mk 1

3 posts in this topic

Hi i have just become a new member, although i,ve had my mondeo for about 10 years now with very few problems.

But at the last MOT it failed on a few things one important being dicoloured headlights.

because of the expense involved,I have ordered new ones and would hope to replace them myself.

I have now heared that it is a very difficult job to do, and I would appriciate any advice anyone could give me.

With thanks

MICKJ

its not that difficult to remove the headlights

1. remove radiator grill (on two clips if i remember)

2. undo three bolts holding the light unit in, once undone slide the unit forward

3. dissconnect the multiplugs at the rear and the unit should be free

refitting is the reversal of removeing, the headlight bolts should be tightend to 6nm bot do not worry to much as long as you don't over do them.

its not that difficult to remove the headlights

1. remove radiator grill (on two clips if i remember)

2. undo three bolts holding the light unit in, once undone slide the unit forward

3. dissconnect the multiplugs at the rear and the unit should be free

refitting is the reversal of removeing, the headlight bolts should be tightend to 6nm bot do not worry to much as long as you don't over do them.

hope you didnt pay alot for them i have a brand new set you could of have