Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dohboys St220 Wagon

dohboy78

Hi guys,

After owning a few performance
cars... Focus ST, Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.2TDCI and lastly a Skoda
Octavia TDI VRS (All heavily modded by the time I finished with them) I
now am the proud owner of an ST220 Estate...

afd9a064.jpg

null_zpsdb0af58d.jpg

1D565C54-D325-451C-9AB9-BB16A78D74DB_zps

Picked up my ST220 after looking at quite a few dogs described as perfect condition... yeah right!

Finally
found one in Sudbury... only 100 miles away. Really impressed with
condition. Yes it has a few blebs and the wheels need refurbing. But for
the price we agreed, mileage, service history etc etc I am well please.
Had to wait for 4 weeks for the V5 to come back from DVLA as previous
owner had a private plate... sent V5 off but forgot to sign it!!

Its a 53 plate with 75k miles on it. FSH.

9B048091-B971-4500-9303-4D6EE4F81663_zps

A468BC97-7EC3-49E7-AF1B-94648AE1F92A_zps

FFEDD0C9-0877-4E78-9D8F-44EACDEBD374_zps

Needs a few bits doing...

Spoiler is cracked, needs replacing. Found a slightly different one on Flea-Bay... will need prepping and spraying.

069F2082-7DD8-4C9A-8CEE-435D82943ADB_zps

2B49D321-F3DE-4C42-8322-96C34A65D7E7_zps

Boot handle needs a respray too.

Wheels need a refurb...

40FA37BE-D9EE-417F-815A-7FE4A516E056_zps

E0ADBB3A-2EBF-4DD4-8CB7-C43950157667_zps

Gear gator needs replacing...

7F27C9DA-5790-44B6-ACA8-0E2BEE96419D_zps

Grubby buttons need switching out...

308A8C31-87BF-4EBB-BD9A-894883D27AFC_zps

Switched out buttons, changed gear gator, swapped perished aerial, debadged, washed and waxed...

2D653913-0FC3-4388-B245-BBE1A8708D67_zps

63A0FD63-E479-480F-A65D-7BBB9F1F6E7E_zps

9CEA3CE3-4251-488D-ADD9-B976D386D652_zps

Tidied steering wheel inserts...

F3FDE56B-BB99-4B3A-B020-19EDBF29C0AE_zps

D2884DDB-93A0-4532-B482-8DE1D6FA99B5_zps

65F1A1D4-1918-4BEE-A2EB-6D561AB33674_zps

65F1A1D4-1918-4BEE-A2EB-6D561AB33674_zps

• Like 5

looks like a very nice clean st 220 you picked up there and cant wait to see the changes going by the pics of your other cars.

your focus looked very nice

looks like a very nice clean st 220 you picked up there and cant wait to see the changes going by the pics of your other cars.

your focus looked very nice

Yeah the focus was a lovely motor. Was sad to see it go!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Just ordered some new plates... ones on it are on wonky and I have screw in plates. Also ordered new ST badge for the boot.

Yesterday have done the rear wiper mod and plastidipped the front lip... will get some pics up soon!

rear wiper mode do you mean delete it,what is colour called looks superb when waxed up

No not a delete... It's a Vauxhall Astra estate rear wiper. Smoother and looks cleaner.

It's performance blue colour. :)

I miss my ST220 when motorway cruising was such a mile eater just a bit heavy on fuel think I averaged around 23mpg overall. Nice car though I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I miss my ST220 when motorway cruising was such a mile eater just a bit heavy on fuel think I averaged around 23mpg overall. Nice car though I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah my commute has reduced from 40 miles each way to approx 1 mile. Thought why not get a gas guzzler!!

• Like 1

Looks like a nice motor you got their but I have to say your tx sport looks the nuts!

• Like 1

The Mondeo Titanium X was awesome. Glad to see you stuck with the Blue Oval and can't wait to see what you do with this one.

Quite rare car you got there. If I remember correctly, in a old episode of Top Gear, Clarkson mentioned that the 4 door St220 Mondeo was rarer than the equivalent Aston Martin of the time as they produced less numbers. I can imagine that the estate version was even produced in lower numbers. It looks mint to me with those lovely seats.

What's next on the cards?

• Like 1

The Mondeo Titanium X was awesome. Glad to see you stuck with the Blue Oval and can't wait to see what you do with this one.

Quite rare car you got there. If I remember correctly, in a old episode of Top Gear, Clarkson mentioned that the 4 door St220 Mondeo was rarer than the equivalent Aston Martin of the time as they produced less numbers. I can imagine that the estate version was even produced in lower numbers. It looks mint to me with those lovely seats.

What's next on the cards?

Cheers dudes. The Mk4 was a lovely motor and so much better by the time I finished with it!

As for the Mk3...

JP exhaust ordered and being made, ASBO brakes being stripped and powdercoated, new spoiler on order, wheel refurb and a few minor bits in the next few weeks.

Later... Lows, wheels and engine mods.

• Like 1

I like the future mods...a lot! And looking at your previous track record, I have no doubt this will be another wicked motor. My favourite was your Mondeo Titanium X once you were done with it as it was a practical and fun car which had the looks to match.

Last week I was in Ruthin, Wales and saw a saloon ST220. I took the time to educate all the guys on how rare that car was but would still not attract the wrong type of attention. Cherry on top was that there was a child seat at the back which showed that you don't need to get rid of the fun car when having a family :)

I like the future mods...a lot! And looking at your previous track record, I have no doubt this will be another wicked motor. My favourite was your Mondeo Titanium X once you were done with it as it was a practical and fun car which had the looks to match.

Last week I was in Ruthin, Wales and saw a saloon ST220. I took the time to educate all the guys on how rare that car was but would still not attract the wrong type of attention. Cherry on top was that there was a child seat at the back which showed that you don't need to get rid of the fun car when having a family :)

Exactly why I sought out an estate. Wife is due our second child in May. Took a bit of finding and I did look at a couple of hatchbacks... But they were all rough bar the final one!!

• Like 1

Looks sweet mate,

Saw some nice ford racing centre console clocks on eBay straight swap clock as in time display clock,

A pioneer double din would look rote at home up front perhaps 15" flip down for rear passengers

• Like 1

Looks sweet mate,

Saw some nice ford racing centre console clocks on ebay straight swap clock as in time display clock,

A pioneer double din would look rote at home up front perhaps 15" flip down for rear passengers

Sounds interesting....

• Like 1

Exactly why I sought out an estate. Wife is due our second child in May. Took a bit of finding and I did look at a couple of hatchbacks... But they were all rough bar the final one!!

Congratulations man. We are expecting our second as well, end of May if all goes well.

I think you got a real nice example of that car there. The hatchbacks can definitely work as well as family cars as demonstrated by Lenny and the 3 kids in his clan in the car :)

I am not planning on changing my Mk 2.5 Focus anytime soon. If need be, the better half can get another car.

• Like 1

Congratulations man. We are expecting our second as well, end of May if all goes well.

I think you got a real nice example of that car there. The hatchbacks can definitely work as well as family cars as demonstrated by Lenny and the 3 kids in his clan in the car :)

I am not planning on changing my Mk 2.5 Focus anytime soon. If need be, the better half can get another car.

Jesus put me on a podium why dont ya :lol:

Theres a bigger boot compartment in the focus hatch than the focus saloon,

The overall seating area is identical in both saloon and hatch,

The ST and RS models dont have a centre seat belt making them 4 seater cars,

But thankfully in this case mine has the middle seat belt and sufficent space for three child seats in the back.

I dont understand people whom go for a 7 seater SUV because they have two kids its like they dont trust themselves to be more careful next time they have S3x, better get a huge car encase we end up filling it.

Costs way more to run it aswell as trying to park it.

Im happy with my focus,

Two seats definitly fit in the back and three is most definitly not a problem,

Granted spme buggy frames are big but thankfully the baby elegance frame fits snugly in the boot.

This is not a dig at anyone,

The estate car in this thread is as said a beautiful motor but i prefer to keep my family affairs and travel arrangements off the forum.

Each to there own is the point im trying to make,

Everyone can clearly see the focus has 3 seats in the back without bringing me or my family in to it.

• Like 1

I get what you mean with the 7 seaters. It's just not something I would consider unless I had more than 3 children and had to ferry the in laws at the same time.

Didn't mean to cause any offence there. Apologies for it :)

• Like 1

Jesus put me on a podium why dont ya :lol:

Theres a bigger boot compartment in the focus hatch than the focus saloon,

The overall seating area is identical in both saloon and hatch,

The ST and RS models dont have a centre seat belt making them 4 seater cars,

But thankfully in this case mine has the middle seat belt and sufficent space for three child seats in the back.

I dont understand people whom go for a 7 seater SUV because they have two kids its like they dont trust themselves to be more careful next time they have S3x, better get a huge car encase we end up filling it.

Costs way more to run it aswell as trying to park it.

Im happy with my focus,

Two seats definitly fit in the back and three is most definitly not a problem,

Granted spme buggy frames are big but thankfully the baby elegance frame fits snugly in the boot.

This is not a dig at anyone,

The estate car in this thread is as said a beautiful motor but i prefer to keep my family affairs and travel arrangements off the forum.

Each to there own is the point im trying to make,

Everyone can clearly see the focus has 3 seats in the back without bringing me or my family in to it.

My Focus ST had 3 belts in the back... It was an ST2. The ST3 with the leather only had 2 rear belts.

I would of loved another ST225 but didn't have the budget... and SWMBO would of strung me up by the knackers...

On another note my new plates arrived today along with my new boot badge. Will hopefully get fitted tomorrow.

• Like 1

will make it look a lot cleaner with the new plates and boot badge

• Like 1

will make it look a lot cleaner with the new plates and boot badge

Exactly my aim. Hate screws in number plates and loads of badges on cars!

• Like 1

Look what came today...

post-36942-142590535919_thumb.jpg

post-36942-142590537203_thumb.jpg

• Like 4