Do Not Sell My Personal Information

pumaspeed

zetecpete

Just checked out their site,they have just released details for a performance upgrade re exhaust,for mk7 zetec s. looking like a cheaper option then mountune so far!?

Just checked out their site,they have just released details for a performance upgrade re exhaust,for mk7 zetec s. looking like a cheaper option then mountune so far!?

Phoned up pumaspeed today, they are also doing a remap that will cost about 310, the only advantage you have going this way is that you can buy it bit by bit instead of all at once for the mountune kit, also pumaspeed dont have the road legal sports cat on there website, this will probably cost another £200.

Milltek catback £324.95 +£57.50 fitting = £382.45

Milltek manifold £299.99 +£115 =£414.99

Kn panel filter £43.77 + £14.37= £58.14

These items are £855.58

Add the remap and sports cat and i guess the kits work out about the same in price, but you are keeping your ford warranty going the Mountune route.

• 2 weeks later...
Phoned up pumaspeed today, they are also doing a remap that will cost about 310, the only advantage you have going this way is that you can buy it bit by bit instead of all at once for the mountune kit, also pumaspeed dont have the road legal sports cat on there website, this will probably cost another £200.

Milltek catback £324.95 +£57.50 fitting = £382.45

Milltek manifold £299.99 +£115 =£414.99

Kn panel filter £43.77 + £14.37= £58.14

These items are £855.58

Add the remap and sports cat and i guess the kits work out about the same in price, but you are keeping your ford warranty going the Mountune route.

pumaspeed have released there 140ps upgrade now and also a few more goodies on their site,one being an ecu flasher with various re-maps! :rolleyes:

pumaspeed have released there 140ps upgrade now and also a few more goodies on their site,one being an ecu flasher with various re-maps! :rolleyes:

Ive used them allot over the years, Tony Knows his stuff and as far as I'm aware the items and work done by them would be guaranteed anyway. Everything would be TUV approved just like Ford. ;)

Tempted by that one as don't want a noisy exhaust but a bit more power

Tempted by that one as don't want a noisy exhaust but a bit more power

me too,the way its worded it sounds like you can have the stage 2 map on a standard car! a little pricey though,just want superchips to release theres now then we can pick the best ;)

a chip is usually 200 - 300 anyway isn';t it?

me too,the way its worded it sounds like you can have the stage 2 map on a standard car! a little pricey though,just want superchips to release theres now then we can pick the best ;)

I have waited until I could get a map that I can load on to the car and then remove back onto a handset when the car goes for service. As the dreamscience did for my ST2 which I had. Dreamscience do a map for the mk7 2009 1.6 z s but its a one off load and you have to go to Hull to have it fit by them,its on special offer at moment I think. ;)

I have waited until I could get a map that I can load on to the car and then remove back onto a handset when the car goes for service. As the dreamscience did for my ST2 which I had. Dreamscience do a map for the mk7 2009 1.6 z s but its a one off load and you have to go to Hull to have it fit by them,its on special offer at moment I think. ;)

:lol: so you have made the big drop down in power too! i had a st3 5door but with bluefin,always wanted the dreamscience because of the choice of maps you could pick race,race+ etc,yea likewise i want the freedom of putting the car back to standard for service and warranty issues

:lol: so you have made the big drop down in power too! i had a st3 5door but with bluefin,always wanted the dreamscience because of the choice of maps you could pick race,race+ etc,yea likewise i want the freedom of putting the car back to standard for service and warranty issues

Yes ,300 bhp with all the toys fitted.Put 22000 miles on it in 9 months and loved every minutePX06EUC2_w287_x_h214_5c13d30b-d37b-.jpg of it.

Blimey - so the pumaspeed one is not as cheap as you would expect - although the pricing seems a little awkward to understand with references to fitting prices, dicounted prices, freebies if you have it fitted etc. it does read as though the re-map is over £400 which is a lot!

Come on Superchips - get it sorted . . . .

Blimey - so the pumaspeed one is not as cheap as you would expect - although the pricing seems a little awkward to understand with references to fitting prices, dicounted prices, freebies if you have it fitted etc. it does read as though the re-map is over £400 which is a lot!

Come on Superchips - get it sorted . . . .

i know thats what i thought :o

i know thats what i thought :o

At this rate Mountune might get there's sorted before Superchips get theirs to market!! LOL

Yes ,300 bhp with all the toys fitted.Put 22000 miles on it in 9 months and loved every minutePX06EUC2_w287_x_h214_5c13d30b-d37b-.jpg of it.

mine was 289bhp and also loved every minute of it all though the 18mpg with the price of petrol and it was going to cost £330 to tax itwas the last straw, but when i found out a couple of months ago that mr darling had done a u turn on the tax bands and its only £ 220 to tax and petrol prices came down i really wish i hadnt sold it!! miss it loads i want another one :(

mine was 289bhp and also loved every minute of it all though the 18mpg with the price of petrol and it was going to cost £330 to tax itwas the last straw, but when i found out a couple of months ago that mr darling had done a u turn on the tax bands and its only £ 220 to tax and petrol prices came down i really wish i hadnt sold it!! miss it loads i want another one :(

Don't forget that while he did NOT bring in the new tax RATES he DID bring in the new tax BRACKETS . . it is only a matter of time before they start to go up and up and up and it won't be long before your old car will be over £300 a year to tax. You never know, they may bring the changes in for 2010/11

As a point of note, for those of you with the 1.6 Ti VCT engined cars giving out 139g/km - if they new rates had come in then your annual tax would have DROPPED form £120 to £110 - I know it is not much but every little helps!

I wonder if just a remap from pumaspeed will make the variable cam timing more noticeable, maybe abit more honda vtec-ish on the switchover. The ti-vct's a really smooth engine but I think it'd be nice to have abit more of a kick higher up the rev range.

And another thing I've noticed, on the website it says "PLEASE NOTE FOR ALL TUNING KITS WE CAN PROGRAM YOU VEHICLE IN HOUSE AT A COST OF ONLY 249 POUNDS" so I wonder if that means they'll remap the car for £250 if you take it down to them instead of getting the box.

I wonder if just a remap from pumaspeed will make the variable cam timing more noticeable, maybe abit more honda vtec-ish on the switchover. The ti-vct's a really smooth engine but I think it'd be nice to have abit more of a kick higher up the rev range.

And another thing I've noticed, on the website it says "PLEASE NOTE FOR ALL TUNING KITS WE CAN PROGRAM YOU VEHICLE IN HOUSE AT A COST OF ONLY 249 POUNDS" so I wonder if that means they'll remap the car for £250 if you take it down to them instead of getting the box.

Glad someones read this as well as me,yes they will load a map if you go to them.Dreamscience will also do a remap if you go to them at Hull.Both as 1 offs.I would rather have the hand sets to load and unload at service intervals.

Glad someones read this as well as me,yes they will load a map if you go to them.Dreamscience will also do a remap if you go to them at Hull.Both as 1 offs.I would rather have the hand sets to load and unload at service intervals.

Exactly what I meant - if you do it yourself it is dearer than getting them to do it - or is it £250 + £249 to get them to do it (£249 does seem a right rip off if that is an installation fee bearing in mind how easy it is to install, and remove, a remap)

At this rate Mountune might get there's sorted before Superchips get theirs to market!! LOL

:lol:i am surprised that superchips have not released theres yet and mountune farting about with theres it made me think is there some problem that they are all struggling with,then pumaspeed release theres in a matter of weeks!!

Exactly what I meant - if you do it yourself it is dearer than getting them to do it - or is it £250 + £249 to get them to do it (£249 does seem a right rip off if that is an installation fee bearing in mind how easy it is to install, and remove, a remap)

Just a remap put on your car by them £249.00. Remap on a handset £499.00.This is because the handset alone does actually cost £250.00.Supose it may look like a rip off if you don't Know whats involved in the kits.

Just a remap put on your car by them £249.00. Remap on a handset £499.00.This is because the handset alone does actually cost £250.00.Supose it may look like a rip off if you don't Know whats involved in the kits.

But you can get Blufin and Superchips for around the £250 mark . . . . . making £499 sound like a rip off!

But you can get Blufin and Superchips for around the £250 mark . . . . . making £499 sound like a rip off!

Not for the mk7 you cant :P :lol:

From what I've read on other forums the problem with the bluefin is the map on it is generic, with one map made to work with a number of cars. I don't know if this will be the case with the mk7 superchips/bluefin map? I'm presuming pumaspeeds map will be a dedicated mk7 map though, and will probably be better for performance etc.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club