Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Else Had Delivery Delayed Over The Last Few Weeks?

bezzer

Was supposed to be getting my Red Edition the beginning of Feb, but still waiting.... Been told the dealer is expecting it in any day for about the last 3 weeks.

Just wondered if anyone else was in the same boat as I'm told there was a Quality Hold on all Fiesta's, but wonder if its all just bull.

Hope not. Supposed to be picking mine up on Sunday and trading in the old motor with it. Garage rang me this morning to let me know it would be ready for collection that morning. Fingers crossed.

My delivery of my TX seems to have been delayed also, I'm hoping it'll be here for Monday - but who knows tbh

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Supposed to be taking delivery of mine in March, not been told of any delays.

I think as mines a lease that I'm being delayed until it can have a 15 plate.

My estimation was beginning of Feb. Not sure how it can be so wrong!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the exact same boat bezzer. Waiting on a Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost Titanium on lease. Was due at the dealer by 20th Feb, then pushed back to 27th, then until today (March 6th). Hoping it comes in today but not holding my breath. All I've gotten from the dealer is "The vehicle is showing on Ford's system as due in to us next week. Ford do quote that the dates they put on the system are a guide only." Highly frustrated. Wondering if you've managed to get your car yet?

Hi Mike,

Still waiting although nearly there I think. Only been 6 weeks since the first date I was given. The dealer now has mine & should be able to deliver it to me Tuesday morning, I'm waiting on a phone call today for them to confirm this. Annoying as I was told turnaround once the dealer had it was 48hrs, so even thats now taking longer than originally quoted.

Can I ask what company your leasing from?

I managed to get my Admin fee back for the extra travel costs I've had whilst waiting.

Ah. That is not so bad then, at least the dealer has yours and the end is in sight. I was told 3 weeks ago my Fiesta was in Dagenham and the dealer would have it shortly. Fingers crossed it gets to them today/tomorrow so I can get it next week.

I'm leasing through LingCars.com. They have been brilliant all the way through in fairness. Just the dealer and Ford messing me about.

Yeah I cant fault the customer service I've had from the leasing company. They surely want me to have the car ASAP rather than me ringing them everyday moaning, it looks bad on the them & they run the risk of loosing my business all together. I think its down to dealers giving unrealistic dates to secure the job.

Anyway the dealers confirmed Wednesday is the day I'll get the car delivered, although the leasing company are trying to get him to bring it forward to Tuesday again for me (I don't hold out much hope).

Hope yours arrives today, you should then get it by the middle of next week.

I spoke too soon mine has gone back to after Easter now .

Thats rubbish mate!

What did you order? Is it a lease?

No word from my dealer today, despite the fact that I was told last week that they would have it this week. Fully expect them to get back to me and promise it next week now. Although after 3 weeks of this (and 6 weeks since the order was placed) I'm taking whatever Ford/dealer says with a liberal pinch of salt. Don't know why Ford have to be so secretive with explaining what the issue is and giving a realistic timescale of when I might hope to have my car.

As i put in my original post, I was told there was a quality hold on all Fiesta's. I did read something about the rear seat belts. Then when it came into the country I was told that so many fiesta's had all been released at once that there was a delay getting them all to the dealers. My dealer was expecting 60 fiesta's & guess what, 56 down & 4 left to go, mine was one of the 4. I'm still waiting for the leasing company to ring back to let me know if they've got it moved forward at all. I've also asked for a Reg No. so I can sort out my insurance. I wish i just could of been told in the first place, but then i probably would of cancelled. This way they've kept me nicely strung along for 6 weeks.

Strange thing is that I have my reg number. Was given that 2 weeks ago!!!

I ordered my fiesta at the end of sept, and it arrived mid jan. If it's a specific build, I wouldn't expect anything less.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Mines bog standard as far as I know.

Just been confirmed for a wednesday morning delivery. I'll just be happy if that doesn't change.

Fingers crossed for you bezzer. Hope you do get it on Wednesday. I've had mine five days and am loving it. It will be worth the wait.

Thanks JRM. I must admit all this being messed around has it a dampener on things, so I'm hoping when I get the car that it would of all been worth it.

Hope you manage to get yours on Wednesday bezzer. Friday came and went and my dealer still has no car for me. Even if they get it in this week it will now be next week before I'll have it. What's more frustrating is that my partner went into a dealership yesterday, picked a car, will sign the finance docs today and have her car tomorrow. Kind of wishing now I'd gone that route.

Hi Mike, I'll believe it when I see it on Wednesday!

I was told that some people who have cars waiting at the same garage wont be getting their cars till the following week too, so i was one of the lucky ones.

This is the first time i've leased, & up to now its not been a good experience, that being said I feel its hopefully a one off. As i know others who lease & have never had these kinds of delays.

Can only hope you get some news soon. If the garage I'm getting mine from has had them delivered I cant imagine yours is far off. Fingers crossed for you.

I ordered a new ST on Saturday, and I was told that it's gonna be only 2 weeks (end of March) as they've got loads sat waiting in Dagenham.

She didn't go into detail about why they've got so many waiting, but I'd imagine like somebody said their waiting to boost numbers for 15 plate registrations.

My Titanium x was ordered 1st week of Feb, apart from City Stop and paint its standard, but I'm now told not before Easter ( not a lease car ). I thought being a Ford it would be sitting in UK waiting for a customer somewhere, not being made to order.

Darryl: I'd like to know how they've got so many. was it just ST's?

J.D. - I thought the same when i ordered, it wasn't helped by the fact the lease company said they had two in stock. (in stock) basically means they think they know a dealer who's supposed to be getting one in over the next couple of week.

Turns out the fiesta is such a popular car that theres none just hanging around & the demand is more than Ford can supply. Which is bad in terms of waiting, but good that you know you've made a wise choice & bought a good little motor.

I had a 5hr drive yesterday & looked out for fiestas on the road. If you do that you'll certainly see how popular they've been over the last few years, if not 20 years

I'm not sure.. I think they've been overproducing in anticipation of selling a lot of 15 plate cars. I think it's all Fiesta models, not just the ST.

The only reason I think it's such a short wait for me is because I ordered a pretty standard spec (only options were spirit blue and style pack, which almost all ST's seem to have!)

I think the main issue is probably delivery schedules... if there's that many cars being made and stored for delivery to the dealers, they probably can't keep up with moving them up and down the country.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club