Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Leak - Any Suggestions

Jimbeau

Hi All,

I own a ford focus 04 and have recently discovered that there is a leak on the front and rear passenger side of the car...

As my carpet was waterlogged I had it removed, so I could see where the leak maybe coming from and dry out the car properly.

I took the car to a garage and they've changed the pollen filter seal as they believed this was the cause of the issue (I've read that this can sometimes be a common cause with my model). Afterwards,I took my car to be jet washed to make sure that there was no water coming through into the foot well and that the garage had actually fixed the issue. After the jet wash the car floor was bone dry so i thought the issue was sorted. However today i got in my car again and noticed that there was a large pool of water in the same place again (it had rained all day/night yesterday)!!

I've since taken the car back to the garage and they advised that they can't understand where the leak is coming from as they have checked and can't locate any areas where the water maybe coming in from.

I've checked the door and floor seals and that my windows etc are closed. It doesn't look like the water is coming down from the glove box area as the remaining insulation is still dry.

I'm confused that no water came in when i jet washed but was there when the rain came over night?

Is anyone able to suggest any common areas that i may have missed? The garage aren't able to look at it again till next week, so thought i may be able to sort it in the meantime....

Thanks

James

The common fault with the pollen filter is not a leaking seal, its with the plastic panel itesel. the seal is only there to stick the panel to the windscreeen not to keep the water out.