Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Injector Seals Replacement (New To The Forum)

Newms95

Hi there,

I'm Dan, I'm new to forum's and am excited to join. I am searching for some advice, as probably most of you all know a common fault on mk6 fiesta's are the injector seals.

I carried out the work to replace these injector seals and managed to clean up the area very well, the job went absolutely perfect and I couldn't be happier as I could see instant results although the only problem I am having is that on assembly of the engine cover I wasn't able to put in the two screws on the back on the engine block. For some reason they were too high above the hole that they go into.

I checked to ensure that I hadn't got anything trapped that was stopping it from going down fully (not to mention I also replaced the manifold seals and ensured they were seated correctly) although I am a bit stumped as to why I can't get these two bolts back in, is anyone able to shed some light onto this for me at all?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Dan

Inlet seals are not sat in head correctly, bit of grease and tap cover down gently with a soft blow hammer , then the rear bolts will go in .

I allways make sure I can get bolts in before putting everything else back together, have this issue quite often.

okay, thank you for your quick reply.

So would you suggest to take off the engine cover again, tap the rear down with a deadblow, ensure the bolts go in and then assemble the front? or do you have a better suggestion?

Thanks for the help Ian

Yep, thats it, they can take a few goes to get it down as when you tap the right rear side of cover the natural reaction is for left to pop back up and vice verse, sometime ive had 1 person leaning on 1 corner while I tap the other down.

Right, I will give that a go tomorrow and see what the result is.

Once again, thanks!

• 1 month later...

Iantt? Was wondering if you were still subbed to this thread?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club