Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Bluetooth Module Do I Need?

TommoKelly

I bought a 08 Ford Focus Titanium yesterday, salesman explained that it 100% had bluetooth connected as he'd seen the green and red phone buttons on the Sony radio head-unit.

Turns out it doesn't have bluetooth and those buttons are just currently used to mute.

I'm after buying the bluetooth module as the garage have agreed to fit it for free for me. So which one do I need?

On eBay there are several different ones with different strings of numbers after?

What more information about my car would you need to make an executive decision? :)

Cheers guys,

Tom

x

The part number of the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module depends on the production date of the car and the production date of the radio. 2008 was a transition year between the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system and the new Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

The Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system consists of the following parts.

* Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module.

* Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module mounting bracket.

* Large model interior light frame with mounting hole for the microphone.

* Microphone.

* Radio stalk with "VOICE" button.

* Wiring.

* USB wiring (optional on the new Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

* USB panel and port (optional on the new Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

To retrofit the system you need all parts mentioned above. On cars with Bluetooth/Voicecontrol the wiring loom is fully integrated into the interior/dashboard wiring loom. For retrofitting Ford sells a retrofit wiring loom as an accesory.

Note that there is a huge demand for these parts and they are quite expensive.

The old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system has modules with the following part numbers:

3M5T-19G488-A(X)

4M5T-19G488-A(X)

7M5T-19G488-A(X)

The new Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system has modules with the following part numbers:

8M5T-19G488-A(X)(without USB, bluetooth Audio and Ipod support)

8M5T-19C112-A(X)(with USB, bluetooth Audio and Ipod support)

(The (X) in the part numbers mentioned above is the revision letter of the part and basically can be any letter. Modules, radio's and wiring of the old and the new Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system are not interchangeable!

Note that USB, bluetooth Audio and Ipod support is only functional on Sony GEN 3 radio's and the Travelpilot NX and FX Sat Nav radio's.