Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Temporary road works where if I follow the lane I'm supposed to I risk other cars driving into me, due to their lane being coned off...

• Like 1

People who are completely oblivious of other road users, dont use mirrors dont use indicators dont stay on theyre side of the white lines people who cant use roundabouts people who slow down to 25mph for a 40mph fixed speed camera that doesnt work anyway people who cut corners at junctions people who ignore the solid white lines on slip roads when everyone else is queing to get on the same dam road!

• Like 2

This is a risky question to ask me today...

• The fact fuel went down to 104.9 for weeks and just increased to 106.9 THE EXACT DAY I NEEDED TO FILL UP
  • People who do not understand that they are not your only client
  • The fact that I had to pay the government £230.00 today to drive a car worth £300 for 12 months
  • People who cannot do the job they are paid to do
  • Drivers who overtake you on blind bends when you are already exceeding the speed limit
  • Drivers who think that cars already on the round about should give way TO THEM
  • The government taking away the right to smoke in OPEN PLACES
  • The fact that after smokers have practically been burnt at the stake, alcohol will be the next thing to be "restricted"
  • Bigots who think that they can run your life better than you
  • Drivers who seem to think that you can drive on either side of the road as long as there is no on-coming traffic
  • Decaffeinated coffee (I sure as hell don't drink coffee purely for the taste!)
  • The fact that my MK1 Ford Focus was not fitted with a low washer fluid warning light
  • Any modern music, and most other music unless sung by Roy Orbison (the best singer in the world)
  • Burger King

Sorry about that!

• Like 2

The fact that no one is perfect..................................................................except me

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

The fact that no one is perfect..................................................................except me

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

And me...

At night when there's old people on the road and they break at everything (even though they're only going 2mph)

Oh gods, were you stuck behind me last night? I'm so sorry (is nearly-43 "old"?) but I was completely and utterly lost!!

(Hee!!)

:D

Sent from Ye Olde iPadde using Ford OC

Oh gods, were you stuck behind me last night? I'm so sorry (is nearly-43 "old"?) but I was completely and utterly lost!!

(Hee!!)

:D

Lol 43 isn't old dude, I'm sure wasn't you I was stuck behind haha.

Just as a general annoys when want to be bombing around the lanes

Saul

• Like 1

The human race in general, how it's managed to survive this long is beyond me at times.

People or humans as I now call them asking me stupid questions all the time.

Humans forging documents I need hoping I don't notice or am too stupid to notice their poor efforts.

The movie Fury I watched last night, way over hyped and boring, not enough mindless mincing of human flesh combined with Americans who are all wearing SS rings, the rings only actually got given to top SS commanders and Camp Wardens, doubtful the 6 people in a tank all managed to get one each.

Mondays in general, why are there so many people on the roads on a Monday compared to a Friday? yet Monday evenings are dead on the road and Fridays are packed? there cannot be that many people staying away from home during the week? if true thousands of wives and husbands are being cheated on right now.

Mercedes parts prices + making a potentially bad move in buying a G Wagen = possibly missing my Fiesta.....

The day continues.

• Like 2

This is certainly a happy thread (:

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

• Like 2

This is certainly a happy thread (:

It's better to vent our anger here than to take it out on the people who cause it, however tempting that might be :)

• Like 1

Following an old !Removed! to work yesterday he was doing a nice speed on the A120 but when you came off at the roundabout to go down the countrylane that is 60mph and nice twisty bendy roads ( love driving my Mondeo on it :)) he does 20mph and I couldn't get passed as it was tractor day on the otherside, I arrived at work ready to scream. :censored:

• Like 1

People who screw to in business. Underpayment because they don't understand and rather than checking they just screw you over....

The client who once asked me if I would "like" to work for half my daily rate. No, I would "like" to work for my FULL daily rate, thank you.

(Would they ask a surgeon operating on their child if s/he would "like" to work for half his/her daily rate? I think not)

So I told them that no, if they pay half rates, they get half a day. So I went in, did four hours, got ALL the work done and once they realised that when you pay full professional rates, you get a professional person, they paid full rate with me for full days from thereon in.

Win.

• Like 4

I dont like today....

My wife didnt backup her laptop, and a windows update seems to have fluffed her laptop up, so shes lost a years worth of photos of the kids, all her documents and music and now its my job as the resident computer expert to fix it for her, so now I am running recovery of her hard drive, which means my laptop is out of use for 8 days, and hers for the same timeframe.

I dont like Ford Owners who disgrace the blue oval. An idiot on my road parked so close to my rear bumper I couldnt event get to the boot.

I dont like Idiot Landrovers with tow bars who then decide at the same time to park their tow bar 1 inch from my front plate!!!!

SO I had less than 3 inches to move the car to get it out before I could head to work....

Then, there was an idiot HGV driver, who decided to come off a slip road and sit in the middle lane, then as I moved to the far side of the slip road and started to drive on so I could merge the motorway, he decided all of a sudden thats where he was going and so I had to slam on the anchors so he didnt take me out!

Then after I merged onto the motorway I moved into lane one, I indicated right, started to move to lane two and then some eedjet in a black audi decided he would speed up and then only slowly overtake me, so I had to slam the anchors on again before I went into the back of a HGV.

Then a few miles down the road, I found I hate H Reg Merc drivers, who decided its acceptable to overtake a lorry, who is overtaking a lorry, but to do it at 55 miles an hour in the outside lane!!!

Today the world is full of fists whom I would gladly line up and shoot in the face.

• Like 3

LOL You Mad Jeebo.

What don't I like today.........

Being lied to... about work stuff.

having to go to Manc on the weekend, trying to get out of it as best as I can, don't fancy it costing me 200 litres of Diesel to get there and back lol

Still not finding a white Fiesta RST for sale.

My mate buying another Corsa, this is his 5th one and he's only ever had Corsa's in his life, went for a 64 plate Clubsport VXR this time, the DAY before all the 15 plates came out, I'm sure it's worth a good few K less now lololololol

Sounds like you need to give your mate a good slap.....

He needs some sense knocked into him, nobody buys Vauxhalls if they have any sense.

• Like 1

Sounds like you need to give your mate a good slap.....

He needs some sense knocked into him, nobody buys Vauxhalls if they have any sense.

Especially NEW Vauxhalls.

Can't understand the excitement of the people who buy brand new 1.4, bog-standard Corsa's on finance, and act like they suddenly became high-rollers in society.

Each to their own, but to me its just an underpowered, ugly, unrefined, and unreliable POS!

• Like 1

Drivers nearly hitting your horse when you are on them !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 3

tbf I hate horses on the road, they belong in a field not on concrete being paraded around by someone going look I've got a horse.

Develop a time machine and go on a crusade if you want to ride a horse I say, pretty unfair on the animal.

await points...

• Like 4

Dumb, careless drivers.

Ruined my day:

Come back to the car park to find my car had been knocked. The rear bumper now has a massive scratch stretching from the numberplate to the end of the n/s bumper. It looks terrible. So I went to site security, they said they wouldn't help in any way as cctv doesn't pick up number plates. >.>

CYCLISTS! Should be banned from the road, and the way some of them behave, I'm not surprised they get killed.

• Like 3

Dumb, careless drivers.

Ruined my day:

Come back to the car park to find my car had been knocked. The rear bumper now has a massive scratch stretching from the numberplate to the end of the n/s bumper. It looks terrible. So I went to site security, they said they wouldn't help in any way as cctv doesn't pick up number plates. >.>

That seems really unfair of the security guards, they should at least find the footage and give you a copy. I don't know what your rights are in this situation, but if you can identify the driver and find other evidence to confirm his/her identity, I would think you could then take them to small claims court or something. That is unless you can get them to own up and pay for the repairs (probably needs at least a respray which can cost well over £100).

they should pull a copy of it, technically it's an offence to leave the scene of a collision and this is evidence. report it to the Police and they say have the evidence. see how that goes.

OT Wine gums, not them so to speak, just enough just isn't enough, I need moooooooooooooooore!

• Like 1

Ignorant drivers that have no manners to say thanks when I have given way, even when I didn't have to.

Garages that WAY WAY overprice insurance repair jobs that causes your car to be written off.

Sure I can think of more :P

Phil and Matt cheers guys, but unfortunately, it was at a college car park and if im honest, suing people isn't my style :P. It just made my day a little bit worse but i'll take this as a learning curve for scratch repairs and see what happens. What I don't understand is..how much of an incompetent human do you have to be to hit a car as small as mine, because when I drive into a bay, I park up to the kerb so it takes up like 3/4 of the length of a parking bay. So its not like my car was sticking out.

Oh and the security guys don't have any footage of where my car was parked :(. What irritates me is.. the other driver just didn't have the common courtesy to leave a note. If they had alongside insurance details, I wouldn't have claimed on the insurance for something like that because I know that they'd lose their car next year come renewal time. Oh well, onwards and upwards.