Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

they should pull a copy of it, technically it's an offence to leave the scene of a collision and this is evidence. report it to the Police and they say have the evidence. see how that goes.

That's what I was thinking, but I doubt the police would do anything, it would probably be at the bottom of their pile of not very important stuff.

Phil and Matt cheers guys, but unfortunately, it was at a college car park and if im honest, suing people isn't my style :P. It just made my day a little bit worse but i'll take this as a learning curve for scratch repairs and see what happens. What I don't understand is..how much of an incompetent human do you have to be to hit a car as small as mine, because when I drive into a bay, I park up to the kerb so it takes up like 3/4 of the length of a parking bay. So its not like my car was sticking out.

Oh and the security guys don't have any footage of where my car was parked :(. What irritates me is.. the other driver just didn't have the common courtesy to leave a note. If they had alongside insurance details, I wouldn't have claimed on the insurance for something like that because I know that they'd lose their car next year come renewal time. Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Yeah it's sometimes not worth the hassle, especially if the person who did it works / studies at the same place you do. A similar thing happened to me but I wasn't sure where or when the damage was done. Assumed it was at work but there was little chance of CCTV catching anything so didn't bother. Luckily it was a minor scuff which was fixed with a little bit of T-Cut, touch up paint and elbow grease.

I don't know if insurance would cover that anyway with it being on private land, and also the excess would probably be more than the cost.

That seems really unfair of the security guards, they should at least find the footage and give you a copy.

Under the Freedom of Information Act you would have the right to formally request CCTV footage however under the Data Protection Act they are not obliged to give it to you unless all other cars/registrations/faces etc other than directly relevant to your request can be screened off or edited out.

Not many camera systems have that option.

Police could officially request the footage if a crime has been committed however as it happened on private land that would be very unlikely to happen.

Realistically, unless a witness came forward to categorically state they saw the damage being caused the chance of pinning it on any one driver would be near zero.

(Soz, I used to be a CCTV Liaison Officer).

• Like 1

What irritates me is.. the other driver just didn't have the common courtesy to leave a note. If they had alongside insurance details, I wouldn't have claimed on the insurance for something like that because I know that they'd lose their car next year come renewal time. Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Yeah its a huge shame mate, dishonest scum they are. Hopefully bad karma will come, and someone will do the same to their car.

Under the Freedom of Information Act you would have the right to formally request CCTV footage however under the Data Protection Act they are not obliged to give it to you unless all other cars/registrations/faces etc other than directly relevant to your request can be screened off or edited out.

Not many camera systems have that option.

Police could officially request the footage if a crime has been committed however as it happened on private land that would be very unlikely to happen.

Realistically, unless a witness came forward to categorically state they saw the damage being caused the chance of pinning it on any one driver would be near zero.

(Soz, I used to be a CCTV Liaison Officer).

From your experience, what proportion of private CCTV footage requests are successful?

It just seems pointless for private/council car parks to advertise security/CCTV recording if the footage is never used in pursuing hit and run offenders or people that key cars.

Thanks again guys! :) Oh and stoney, that's exactly what the security team said to me! Its college protocol to report it into security if your car gets damaged so I had to..then they gave me a form to fill out, after having a chat with the bloke, I figured out it wouldn't do anything, so I didn't give it in, I mean if I had a nicer car then i'd consider getting hold of insurance to sort it out, but given my massive excess and having a 14 year old car, Im not that bothered :P. I've got hold of some scratch remover and i'll post the before and after pics.

From your experience, what proportion of private CCTV footage requests are successful?

It just seems pointless for private/council car parks to advertise security/CCTV recording if the footage is never used in pursuing hit and run offenders or people that key cars.

TBH results vary drastically.

CCTV quality is very random, some are excellent whereas some can barely register the colour of a car let alone make/model/VRN.

The most useful cameras are ones backed up with good quality storage, clued-up operators and ANPR type systems.

If a crime is being investigated in an area then any and all CCTV footage will be gathered no matter what quality as even small snippets can build or break a case.

• Like 1

The most useful cameras are ones backed up with good quality storage, clued-up operators and ANPR type systems.

Except when the ANPR cameras are positioned incorrectly and parking fines are sent to people just driving past, saw that on TV once lol.

Horses were on the road before any car ! If I want to ride my horse on the road I will Its not hard to go past wide and slow Is it and how is it cruel I spend a lot of money on all 6 of my horses to keep them happy ! People like you annoy me they ain't field ornaments !

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 6

+ 1

• Like 3

I have 2 horses and luckily our farm is situated in a place that road work is minimal, we still get the odd impatient driver that pushes it though.

• Like 2

Horses were on the road before any car ! If I want to ride my horse on the road I will Its not hard to go past wide and slow Is it and how is it cruel I spend a lot of money on all 6 of my horses to keep them happy ! People like you annoy me they ain't field ornaments !

I don't mean to be rude.. but around the area where I live, horse riders cause an absolute nuisance...

They ride down narrow country lanes, so you go round a corner at 20-30MPH (within the speed limit) and BAM, suddenly there's a horse on your side of the road right in front of you, you can't go past them on the other side of the road because there are a *LOT* of blind corners, so you have to sit behind them at 5mph or less for about a mile or two... no joke....

The main road is even more difficult, it's always busy, so you have to drive towards oncoming vehicles in their lane to get past the horses, either that or you sit behind them the whole way, you could be in for a very long wait.

Also, there's one other thing that irks me, horse sh*te... I mean dog owners are forced to pick it up for fear of spreading diseases, but yet horses can crap slap bang in the middle of the road, and just "trot on" (Pardon the pun :P ).

This is something that will never been agreed on so I will post no more on this horsey subject, back to the original topic.

when I was a time trailing it was car drivers that was bad two of my friends got killed by car drivers not seeing them on duel carrage ways early sunday morning so not must traffic about . I got knock off twice by people opening there doors as I was going passed . some times a car would pass you and pull in front of you and brake hard in front off you but as with motorbikes .cars and push bikes out of 1 in 10 spoil it for the rest of us... a reply to chisroberson 99 sorry but my feeling on the post

I'd much rather be stuck behind a horse in the car than a !Removed! cyclist. We used to live on the Epsom Downs (home to the Epsom Derby) and horses on the road were regular. Most of the drivers knew how to act and passed them slowly without problem.

• Like 3

not getting into argument with as a said just my feeling and findings on it

I have 2 horses and luckily our farm is situated in a place that road work is minimal, we still get the odd impatient driver that pushes it though.

I have no where really to ride apart from a road as we have to bridle paths or anything x

I don't mean to be rude.. but around the area where I live, horse riders cause an absolute nuisance...

They ride down narrow country lanes, so you go round a corner at 20-30MPH (within the speed limit) and BAM, suddenly there's a horse on your side of the road right in front of you, you can't go past them on the other side of the road because there are a *LOT* of blind corners, so you have to sit behind them at 5mph or less for about a mile or two... no joke....

The main road is even more difficult, it's always busy, so you have to drive towards oncoming vehicles in their lane to get past the horses, either that or you sit behind them the whole way, you could be in for a very long wait.

Also, there's one other thing that irks me, horse sh*te... I mean dog owners are forced to pick it up for fear of spreading diseases, but yet horses can crap slap bang in the middle of the road, and just "trot on" (Pardon the pun :P ).

i always try to move over for anyone behind me but I hate when people think its fine to go flying past ! There's no need for it

• Like 2

I don't like neighbours visitors parking in the middle of our narrow dead end road that we live on, we live at the far end and frequently find ourselves parking at the end of the road and walking up grrrrrrrrrrr

I'd much rather be stuck behind a horse in the car than a !Removed! cyclist. We used to live on the Epsom Downs (home to the Epsom Derby) and horses on the road were regular. Most of the drivers knew how to act and passed them slowly without problem.

some drivers can be spot on and I will always wave and say thank you but a few times a driver has hit my stirrup and send my horse mental also one driver hit my horses back legs !

• Like 1

That is unfortunate Chanelle but needs must hey, the roads make me very nervous.

I can understand how frustrating it can be to be stuck behind a horse with a rider that won't move over and let people past, all I can say is, we are not all like that :)

• Like 1

That is unfortunate Chanelle but needs must hey, the roads make me very nervous.

I can understand how frustrating it can be to be stuck behind a horse with a rider that won't move over and let people past, all I can say is, we are not all like that :)

I hate the road too but sadly I don't have a horse box atm so I ride to the beach but I'm the same I hate riding on the road with some of the drivers around x

Ooh Burn ;)

More things that annoy me:

(1) $#%%#@! taxi drivers acting like they own the road. Speeding down narrow lanes and almost forcing you off the road, or almost taking your wing mirror off.

(2) Tradies doing illegal u-turns everywhere, even if there is a roundabout 10m ahead.

• Like 2

I don't want to kick up a big thing about the horsey topic, but whoever said they're a nuisance because you go round a corner at 20-30 and 'bam' they're right there....well, yes, inconvenient, but if they take you by such a surprise then I can only suggest that you're going too fast, imagine the surprise you'll get if someone comes round the corner the other way at 20-30mph....

I'm just saying that technically if you can't see round that corner then you should be expecting there to be Jesus himself healing disabled children holding puppies whilst news crews from all over the world have their cameras at the ready....

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

• Like 7

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club