Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

£35.7 million last year equates to 56p each

that's not correct, their policing and travel isn't taken into account, the bill is picked up by the authorities in their budgets and not accounted for. stop looking at the independents article

The Queen & Prince Charles both pay income tax.

I'm not using the Independent :)

I find the comments against the Monarchy highly offensive.

Maybe you'd prefer Communism or Fascism?

• Like 1

Republicans are free to leave the U.K.

• Like 1

Tax will always be charged in this country. Even without a monarchy, the government needs tax by bending us over to keep going...

• Like 1

Only two things guaranteed in life

Tax and death

And I can't say I like either of those especially as I've paid so much in and am getting a bit too close to the other one

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 4

Like the outlook Phil lol

U feel the same, and though I may be a tad younger, it seems my body and cells are a damned site older...

I'm feeling probably much like James was with his earlier comment, I'm trying to say something but at the same time get across the point that I am not a raving kkk member...

Does anyone really think the current 'big guns' Tories, labour, lib dems, are ever going to sort out 'mass immigration'?

I really doubt they'll ever get a handle on it - for that reason, it's almost scary to admit, but I reckon the only way to curb it (this is all getting massively theoretical here) would be to actually go too far, then drag back a little bit until we reach the happy medium...

Don't get me wrong I'm not going to vote for the BNP or whoever it is these days, but I totally agree with Clive over 'criminal records' - whether he did it or not, there was that young girl killed by a cycle track or something and a European bloke who already did time for murdering his wife was the prime suspect and he topped himself close by... Why have we got another countries garbage floating around? We have enough dregs from our own 'loin' for the boys in blue to deal with without adding another nations s**t bags to the mix!

I was also discussing this sort of thing with my partner and we got onto the topic of money... The pound is the strongest currency in Europe, (and nearly the world) that means in order for us to live comfortably in England we really need to be earning pounds IN England... I have a few friends who are European, they're earning pounds, when they go back to their home country (which is what they all want to do - my friends that is..) they'll live like kings.. Most items are nearly half the price of uk items... So They take a pound and can buy something and still have half left over... But what about us? Unless we wan to go live in one of these 'poorer' countries (I use poor loosely) we're going to be stuck in Blighty where 1 uk pound = 1 uk pound...

I know what I've written is a bit too sharp and in reality there are many more rounded edges, but it's still a good rough guide to how life ain't too fair... #firstworldproblems ...

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

Unless & until the U.K. exits, or renegotiates it's terms of E.U. membership, the borders are wide open for E.U. citizen immigration.

tbh I don't have a problem with the EU principles, if we knocked all this benefit crap on the head we wouldn't have the problem in the first place, we seem to forget we can go and work anywhere in the EU too, just so happens the UK has it pretty damn easy and good tbh.

Exiting it altogether wouldn't be wise at all, everything would rocket up in price, trade would drop off and taxes would rise, we can't do things how the Norwegians did, it's way too late and nothing left in the North Sea to build up a surplus when we have a huge deficit already.

Killing off the benefit system and sorting the housing situation out, such as doing it purely on a time waiting list and not who just is homeless because they've just arrived would be the best way. I don't see how a family of Romanians who came from nothing, have nothing should just get priority of some 18year old woman who gets battered around at home and needs somewhere should be a second priority, Oh I know why, the Romanian family will have more voters in the house hold.

All we need to do is cut the desirability and it's sorted, perhaps even dropping NI payments and charging for health insurance for over 18s would help.

• Like 1

No other E.U. country has such a generous benefit system.

This why the undesirable freeloaders come to the U.K.

It certainly isn't for our climate . . . :wacko:

Spain does / did, but it's only for 6 months and you go hungry after, they also pay £1K to women when they give birth for some reason.

Probably why they went bankrupt, all the migrants went there, spawned and then came here for a house. vicious circle.

We most likely need to implement a system of how many kids you can have on a council house, also if you earn over X amount you simply get given X time to get out or face relocation to the outer Hebrides with nothing but Puffins to eat.

Matt my 'rant' earlier sort of covered the topic of the EU and how we can move... If you're happy to earn a wad of cash then scoop up your entire friends/family etcetc, then you can indeed go and live in parts of Europe like kings... Because your £ will go much further in that country... However, if you have friends/older family, or anyone that doesn't want to leave, and you don't want to leave behind, then you're 'stuck'... Your £ is still just worth a £ if you go to work in some places of Europe you potentially won't earn enough to ever come back to the UK and live to the standard you'd perhaps want too...

So whilst the EU is a bit of give and take, it seems that the average 'foreign European' gets the better straw coming to our country than we would going to theirs...

I don't like finding out one of my sidelights is flashing because only 1 led is left working... Looks like I need some new LED's, recommend any?

I thought mine where ok apparently not lol so u can't advise.

As for the no likey... Red vauxhall astra that went through a red light, and then stopped across the dual carriageway blocking both lanes of traffic to get to the right... I could move when the left lane cleared because of her and her fat carnus... Then when I hooked, she mouthed something like I'm trying to get over there, I blatantly pointed to the other side of her and said were all trying to get there... Once again an example of a vauxhall that can't drive...

What I don't like today is cars who take the right hand lane to go straight ahead on a roundabout, cutting me off completely (and nearly taking my front wing off) then slamming on their anchors when I beep them for the fact :angry:

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 2

Happens all the time round here, mainly BMW, Audi and Golf drivers (and of course the occasional Vauxhall).

Those are irritating idiots... The ones who dish out trouble and can't take the fact that someone was annoyed by it. Pathetic people.

Clive, is it illegal to open your window and throw a copy of the highway code at someone who drives like a fist? I have wanted to do it for ages

• Like 2

Clive, is it illegal to open your window and throw a copy of the highway code at someone who drives like a fist? I have wanted to do it for ages

Yes, especially if it's wrapped around a brick ;)

• Like 2

Clive and smudge must know this part of the road... The A38 heading towards exeter when you hit that windy bit that says 50mph max, had some plank in a VXR obviously being careful not to end up in the fecal position (that was for you James) holding me up on that lovely fun winding bit...!!!

Ah yes, Haldon Hill.

A very twisty stretch of road indeed.

Smokers (or at least, the woman downstairs who's smoke has made my flat absolutely STINK, re-awakening my athsma.)

Dropping a large pot of fish food flakes on the floor

The bathroom heater going ***BANG!!!***

The guy I work with being a bullying [bLEEP!!!] (Debating walking out and telling him to shove it, tbh.)

Being angry (See above. I really don't like being angry, it's not a normal state of mind for me.)

Being single (I could really do with a hug right now, but the only other occupants of my smoke-filled flat are my fish and they've got the hump because breakfast was late because I dropped the damn fish food)

Being cold (See "bathroom heater")

[iNSERT SUITABLE SWEARWORD HERE]

Sent from Ye Olde iPadde using Ford OC

Was taking my strut top off last night to find only a wee bit at the top was broken off my spring grr so now have to do that Tonight !

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club