Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

7 hours ago, Ianb said:

It's not really a "I don't like" it's more an "I don't get it" kind of post...

Valentines day....

I mean don't get me wrong, I understand it, I just don't see why people would spend 364 days doing whatever then that ONE day being a hopeless (normally) romantic surrounded by the rest of the male population all trying to act like they're the only ones that are treating 'their girl' on that day.....

I have thought about what to do this year as it'll be our first as a married couple and really it seems a bit odd when you delve deeply:

Hotel stay? Yeh ok, in a building full of other couples getting it on.. Just a bit sort of, odd..

Restaurant? Again, special treatment on this romantic night by the staff...who are specially treating everyone else as well...

Small pressie, flowers and a picnic on the moors (in the car if weather is bad)!

I'm just glad wifey is a similar mind set..

Just enjoy your Birthday present & smile . . . . :smile:

This is about numerous people...  My cousin has brought a brand new Audi s3 & wants to stick it on airbags and slam it to the decks, what the hell is the point.  Same for slamming cars on the deck full stop, there is a lad around my estate(it has lots of speedbumps) what's he done, slammed it to the decks, should see him going over the speedbumps hahahahaha.  But slamming the cars to the deck is the most stupid car modification ever invented, same with stretching tyres + negative camber.  I really don't see the point in it, does it make the car go faster??? NO so why do it.  Especially on a £30k + Audi.  Makes me want to cry.  You could buy a decent car with the money these airbag kits cost.

Each to their own with mods imo...  Some like speed, some like aesthetics, it's their money so why not do what they want? :smile:

Slamming on bags is a better idea than static slamming, at least you can have a sensible height for driving and don't break your back hitting a catseye lol.  One of my mates likes a low drop...the amount of times we've had to fix his bumper after catching on everything is daft lol...and then there's me in comfort spec cars flying over the speed bumps at 20 haha...

I do often wonder why people don't just buy a faster/better looking car though, than spend thousands in mods, but as I say, if it's their car it's their choice lol.

• Like 1

Car that goes faster than it looks > Car that looks faster than it goes, imo.

• Like 1

I agree on their cars, their choice.  But surely common sense would come into play?  You live in an area with loads of speedbumps + potholes come to mention it, why would you slam your car to the decks.  You couldn't sell your last car because it was slammed to the decks, why would you do it again. 

7 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

That's your opinion though, as you say, which you're entitled to, as are the people that prefer it the other way. :smile:

6 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

I agree on their cars, their choice.  But surely common sense would come into play?  You live in an area with loads of speedbumps + potholes come to mention it, why would you slam your car to the decks.  You couldn't sell your last car because it was slammed to the decks, why would you do it again. 

Because they like it more than the inconvenience it causes?  I can't explain why people like different things lol, they just do? :laugh: 

11 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I'm all for a sleeper lol.  I like sleepers.  

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

That's your opinion though, as you say, which you're entitled to, as are the people that prefer it the other way. :smile:

Because they like it more than the inconvenience it causes?  I can't explain why people like different things lol, they just do? :laugh: 

I just don't understand it, I've ridden in a slammed car & it was seriously uncomfortable.  

Even worse are the idiots that buy a 4x4 and slam that lower than a snakes !Removed!!!

What is the point?

I want a Land Rover, and if anything, it's going the opposite way - lifted for extra geound clearance because I want to use it for its intended purpose!!

• Like 2

I agree with you, heavy full leathers in a comfort spec car are my sort of thing...  But I also appreciate different people like different things, even if I can't understand why lol.

My mate had bucket seats and harnesses in a slammed daily....I've got no idea how he put up with it let alone enjoyed it lol.  :laugh:

I'm not a fan of sleepers myself, fast and good looking yeah, but I don't understand shoehorning a huge engine in a knackered pov spec old car but again know people that do lol.

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I agree with you, heavy full leathers in a comfort spec car are my sort of thing...  But I also appreciate different people like different things, even if I can't understand why lol.

My mate had bucket seats and harnesses in a slammed daily....I've got no idea how he put up with it let alone enjoyed it lol.  :laugh:

I'm not a fan of sleepers myself, fast and good looking yeah, but I don't understand shoehorning a huge engine in a knackered pov spec old car but again know people that do lol.

See the big engines don't bother me, I want to put a big block v8 in a Capri, probably won't happen.  But to be totally stupid and just so I could purely say I did it, I want to put a v8 in a metro lol.  Not to drive it or anything, just stick a big shiny v8 in a little tiny metro and say yep I did that.

7 minutes ago, SeanW said:

Even worse are the idiots that buy a 4x4 and slam that lower than a snakes !Removed!!!

What is the point?

I want a Land Rover, and if anything, it's going the opposite way - lifted for extra geound clearance because I want to use it for its intended purpose!!

I can honestly say I have only seen this once & that was on a 53 plate Nissan Navara & it looked hideous, it even had yellow lights.  Now that is something that defeats the object

I know someone with a sleeper Metro haha, not a V8 though, ruin the handling with all that weight! :tongue:

I know someone with a sleeper Metro haha, not a V8 though, ruin the handling with all that weight! :tongue:

Ohh yeaa you couldn't drive it, thats for sure haha

So it's no different to something slammed then, can't drive them anywhere either. :laugh:

So it's no different to something slammed then, can't drive them anywhere either. :laugh:

I wouldn't build it to drive though lol, just to purely say I did it.  Just let it sit there & polish it every day

• Like 1

Doesn't slamming a car to the deck add another 5bhp? Bit like the foc stickers add 15bhp...

52 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

See the big engines don't bother me, I want to put a big block v8 in a Capri, probably won't happen.  But to be totally stupid and just so I could purely say I did it, I want to put a v8 in a metro lol.  Not to drive it or anything, just stick a big shiny v8 in a little tiny metro and say yep I did that.

I can honestly say I have only seen this once & that was on a 53 plate Nissan Navara & it looked hideous, it even had yellow lights.  Now that is something that defeats the object

I used know someone who put V8 in a Mini, quite impractical to drive, you could just about squeeze into what had been the back seat.

Another chap from the same era and same group, is quite well known for his modifications and custom builds. Although he goes a lot further than most, in what he does. He now calls himself a car artist rather than a modifier.  Still active in Poole, I see from having just Googled him

http://www.andysaunders.net/cars/

• Like 1

There's a couple round my way.

One is a Range Rover that's been tinkered with by Overfinch.

Stupidly big rims on !Removed!-paper thick tyres, slammed (ground clearance is barely more than my Focus!!) and generally looking chavvy and awful!!

I've been looking at Discovery's of various ages/spec/location. Think that be the route I go down (Defenders are waaaayyyyy over priced in my opinion)

• Like 3

There's someone in south east Dorset building a Range Rover one bit at a time, it seems,  judging by the local neighbourhood watch newsletter :unsure:

38 reported theft of parts taken from Range Rovers, 91 in the neighbouring Wimborne/Ferndown area,  42 in Upton/Lytchett area and 55 in the Purbeck/Swanage area.  It's curious to note, that there are no repeats of the same thing being taken, all the Range Rovers have had quite different parts removed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMX said:

There's someone in south east Dorset building a Range Rover one bit at a time, it seems,  judging by the local neighbourhood watch newsletter :unsure:

38 reported theft of parts taken from Range Rovers, 91 in the neighbouring Wimborne/Ferndown area,  42 in Upton/Lytchett area and 55 in the Purbeck/Swanage area.  It's curious to note, that there are no repeats of the same thing being taken, all the Range Rovers have had quite different parts removed.

Bit far to travel isn't it lol.  Why not steal half a Range Rover one night & the other the next, wouldn't take long to cut one in half would it, especially as they're British, monkey muck metal and all that cheapo plastic haha

4 hours ago, Ianb said:

Doesn't slamming a car to the deck add another 5bhp? Bit like the foc stickers add 15bhp...

I've heard slamming it adds around 30 depending on the maker?  And apparently if you stick a roof rack, Porsche wheels and ridiculously small tyres it adds a further 50, the Porsche wheels alone add 15.  

14 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Now you're getting scene points confused with power... :wink:

Power doesn't exist anymore lol.  Not in these 'Ltd Edition' Corsa's, they seem all the rage around here at the moment, all have roof racks on & different manufacturers wheels lol, usually something from VAG 

I did have a chuckle at the radio add for the new Corsa the other day...  Boasting about a whole 75bhp out of a 1.4...  This isn't the 90s any more lol! :laugh: 

• Like 1

I don't like booking the Punto in to have the bonnet release cable replaced at a labour charge of £50...  It's cheaper than anywhere else, but still £50!!  I couldn't do it myself though, with having no off-road space and the car being parked on a busy road.  So, when I get paid it'll go in and be fixed - which is a good thing really.

I don't like going out for a meal, getting Richarded around by the waiter then coming home and requiring an 8 egg omelette in order not to starve to death during the night...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club