Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I was looking at property online your way (Devon and Cornwall) last night, is south western Plymouth a dodgy area?

No more dodgy than anywhere else tbh although the Devonport, Keyham, Swilly, St Budeaux/Barne Barton areas have had bad reputations for years mainly due to them being mainly social housing areas.

Now, after an agency took over all council stock with a big improvement budget, they are changing quite a bit with the worst houses being replaced by new builds and many others getting much needed repairs/renovations and beautification work.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I don't like the fact that this dusting of snow will increase our journey time by 30-40 minutes due to the general consensus of "there is white stuff so I must slow down to 50% of the speed limit!!"...

WP_20160214_08_01_18_Pro.thumb.jpg.03bccWP_20160214_08_01_38_Pro.thumb.jpg.950ccWP_20160214_08_01_41_Pro.thumb.jpg.88945WP_20160214_08_01_43_Pro.thumb.jpg.c7293

I don't like morons... One in particular was in the supermarket this morning, I saw a dad and his two kids in a trolley and a 3rd person (moron exhibit A) he was obviously some connection as when he YELLED "Raar" in the kids ear, the dad didn't turn around and knock him out... The kid was obviously terrified and covered his ears which were clearly hurting as a result.. Moron thought he was so funny and when the child (I'd say aged between 5-8. ) said "my ears are hurting" the moron replied "don't be such a f*****g f***y".... Classy bunch....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ianb said:

I don't like morons... One in particular was in the supermarket this morning, I saw a dad and his two kids in a trolley and a 3rd person (moron exhibit A) he was obviously some connection as when he YELLED "Raar" in the kids ear, the dad didn't turn around and knock him out... The kid was obviously terrified and covered his ears which were clearly hurting as a result.. Moron thought he was so funny and when the child (I'd say aged between 5-8. ) said "my ears are hurting" the moron replied "don't be such a f*****g f***y".... Classy bunch....

Yes, I see that kind of behaviour quite often.  It does explain why children grow up not having much respect for adults, I suppose.

Well it was just disgusting tbh, the kid looked like he'd been properly startled and I've "raaared" people but never as loud as that idiot and he clearly hurt the kids ears. The devolution of halfwits I suppose...bound to end up in Clives sights one day, if not already...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ianb said:

Well it was just disgusting tbh, the kid looked like he'd been properly startled and I've "raaared" people but never as loud as that idiot and he clearly hurt the kids ears. The devolution of halfwits I suppose...bound to end up in Clives sights one day, if not already...

People should have to go through a "life assessment", like a car has an MOT.  If you do not pass, you are either imprisoned or killed.

Sounds brutal, but it would leave us decent people alone to live in peace!

I don't like people who pull out on you then drive slowly, lane hoggers, people who drive fast cars slowly and people doing 40 in a 60 with the wing mirrors folded in!

And that was just in the space of 1hr.

/rant.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I don't like people who pull out on you then drive slowly, lane hoggers, people who drive fast cars slowly and people doing 40 in a 60 with the wing mirrors folded in!

/rant.

I don't know about you, but the people I always see doing 40 in a 60 zone will quite happily proceed to drive through a built-up area with a flashing 20MPH school sign, still doing 40.  Idiots, idiots everywhere.

• Like 5

I have seen that before, but fortunately this one turned off before I got to a built up area (30).

If they didn't notice they had their wing mirrors folded in, no chance they'll see a speed change sign, which is probably why they were driving everywhere at 40...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't know about you, but the people I always see doing 40 in a 60 zone will quite happily proceed to drive through a built-up area with a flashing 20MPH school sign, still doing 40.  Idiots, idiots everywhere.

Daily occurrence in Market Drayton AKA Trumpton.  This place is horrific to drive around, no manners, no use of indicators, no common sense.  And the quickest way into town currently has 4 way traffic lights and it is a P.I.T.F.A.  But these idiot's that do this 40 in a 30 & 40 in a 60 need an unmarked cop car behind them.... NEEE NOOORRRRR.  Unfortunately the police aren't about when these idiots are about.  

• Like 2

People should have to go through a "life assessment", like a car has an MOT.  If you do not pass, you are either imprisoned or killed.

They should have to pass a test before being allowed to procreate as well

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

7 minutes ago, Philf1 said:

They should have to pass a test before being allowed to procreate as well

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

Indeed!

30 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

Daily occurrence in Market Drayton AKA Trumpton.  This place is horrific to drive around, no manners, no use of indicators, no common sense.  And the quickest way into town currently has 4 way traffic lights and it is a P.I.T.F.A.  But these idiot's that do this 40 in a 30 & 40 in a 60 need an unmarked cop car behind them.... NEEE NOOORRRRR.  Unfortunately the police aren't about when these idiots are about.  

But if you were to do 62MPH in a 60 zone you'd get a ticket, whilst those "serial offenders" do too high/too low speeds every day and get away with it.

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

/rant.

Sounds like a Lexus driver...

Just now, chrisroberson99 said:

Sounds like a Lexus driver...

I haven't seen one of those in a while actually, as it happens...  Sadly the majority of drivers in my area own Vauxhalls...

Yes well, 90% of them drive in the middle lane with their mirrors folded in, no lights on and wipers on full blast, even if it's not raining...

They're soon bullied out of the way by a diesel powered Audi repmobile though. :laugh:

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

But if you were to do 62MPH in a 60 zone you'd get a ticket, whilst those "serial offenders" do too high/too low speeds every day and get away with it.

68 is the cutoff point, I can vouch for that as I got a ticket for doing 70mph.  Irritates me alot more as I failed my test 1st time for going to slow & I quote.  "  We don't want you to be a boy racer but we want you to drive to the limit as it's encourages people to make aggressive maneuvers".   

The guidlines are for 10% + 2mph if I remember rightly

But they are only that, guidelines

It varies by county/force.

AFAIK dorset works on 10% + 2mph. Then there is a band after that for qualifying for DAC then it's points/fine or straight to court.

5 minutes ago, SeanW said:

The guidlines are for 10% + 2mph if I remember rightly

But they are only that, guidelines

It varies, when my Dad surprised everyone with a speeding ticket, he was quite slow driver, and him getting a speeding ticket seemed about as likely as say, Fiji annexing China. The threshold  here then (1990's) was 10% + 4mph, he was doing 38mph in a 30mph, so obviously over.

I've got a feeling it's been dropped to 2mph now

I'm often one of those idiots driving with the mirrors folded in since getting a car with powerfold...  Usually realise before exiting whichever car park I'm in tbf but not always when it's dark, what surprises me is that no-ones ever pointed it out!! 

If I notice someone's mirrors folded or fuel flap open etc I try to let them know.

I don't like that I'm now 24.  Will be heading out first thing for a pipe and slippers... :sad: 

Not on the Mk2.5 as far as I'm aware.  I could set it to do that with ELMConfig but I'd rather not over work the motors, I don't fold them every time I park.