Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I'd say it is more of a Chrome problem.

I've been really pleased with Win 10 so far.

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 0:30 PM, GMX said:

Or there may be no new posts since you last looked, does it still do it when you refresh/reload the page?

It still does it but I've found the issue.

It was only updated yesterday I think so I can't be the only one getting this issue?

Basically when I hit the 'latest post' button it shows no replies.  But for some reason it's searching with a tag of 'mk6 exhaust'...  I haven't even searched mk6 exhaust or anything so not sure where it's got that from.  If I remove the tag it brings up the new posts.  But I have to remove the tag every single time. :unsure: 

Windows 10 is pig awful.

Never liked the Windows 8 style interface.

Tried 10 on my laptop, missed the timeframe to roll back to 7 so installed the 7 Shell to make 10 look better.

I don't like that my local Dealership didn't have an RS to drool over 😣

Sent from my SM-G930F

Here you go

5703de4009b91_ImageUploadedByFordOC14598

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

• Like 1

much prefer ten to 7 and 8!

• Like 2

Not quite the same as seeing it in the flesh.

maybe when I go to the dealers next week when they try and figure out why my adaptive headlights keep sticking to the left I can print one off and stick it inside my sunglasses while nosing in the showroom :whistling1:

• Like 1

I don't like taking an hour off to mow the lawn, and mid way through doing the edges (prior to the actual mowing): an unforecasted deluge falls from the sky, complete with hail:ohmy::sad:

And in now, when I'm well into doing paperwork, the rain has abated and it's bright and sunny outside.:huh:

6 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I think Windows 10 is your problem!  It killed one of my laptops and I won't let it near any other computer until Microsoft have got their act together.

I'm actually quite a fan of Windows 10.  Just can't seem to get my head around really simple things on it, then again I've forgot most of how to use excel as well.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

I'm actually quite a fan of Windows 10.  Just can't seem to get my head around really simple things on it, then again I've forgot most of how to use excel as well.  

It happens when you don't use something regularly.

Last week I needed to build a database, I haven't built one for about 10 years from scratch. I'd completely forgotten how to do some of the most rudimentary things, like editing input field parameters, for instance.  There was a lot of F1-ing and searching online help forums for the first hour or so.:lol:

• Like 1

I don't like that the paint colour in after is in between all the colour charts (dulux, crown, MacPherson, little green, farrow and ball etc), there has to be another chart that is in the middle of them all!!! Or maybe the colour doesn't exist :o

A dark grey colour that is a bit bluey, but also a hint of dark green, but not so green it looks like a green...... But not so blue it looks like a blue... So more bluey, less greeny,..but also more greeny less bluey...

34 minutes ago, GMX said:

It happens when you don't use something regularly.

Last week I needed to build a database, I haven't built one for about 10 years from scratch. I'd completely forgotten how to do some of the most rudimentary things, like editing input field parameters, for instance.  There was a lot of F1-ing and searching online help forums for the first hour or so.:lol:

Can't even think how to make a database, I struggled making a table, in fact I didn't even bother lol

I don't like being hungry - can't think of what to eat, even takeaway isn't quick enough, especially as I'm supposed to be 46 minutes away, in the next 26 minutes.... and I haven't even left yet!!! :cantlook:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ianb said:

I don't like that the paint colour in after is in between all the colour charts (dulux, crown, MacPherson, little green, farrow and ball etc), there has to be another chart that is in the middle of them all!!! Or maybe the colour doesn't exist :o

A dark grey colour that is a bit bluey, but also a hint of dark green, but not so green it looks like a green...... But not so blue it looks like a blue... So more bluey, less greeny,..but also more greeny less bluey...

Can't you get one of them to blend custom paint for you.

Or find it using the colour eyedropper tool in Photoshop/Illustrator/Technical Designer (or similar) and read off the CYMK percentages, and then get it blended to that?

20 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

Can't even think how to make a database, I struggled making a table, in fact I didn't even bother lol

Whilst you can use Excel to make a database, Access as the database software from MS Office, that I'd forgotten many of the basics from. 

9 minutes ago, Ianb said:

I don't like being hungry - can't think of what to eat, even takeaway isn't quick enough, especially as I'm supposed to be 46 minutes away, in the next 26 minutes.... and I haven't even left yet!!! :cantlook:

I'm pondering whether to embark on a beef stew, for fullness: or just throw together a tuna salad, for quickness

On 4/4/2016 at 1:06 PM, GMX said:

I don't like the sudden hike in insurance premiums for no accountable reason:sad:

It was £169 full comp, max protected ncd last year.  Renewal wants £237.23 :ohmy::ohmy:

Time to ring round all the other insurers

Hi,

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.

Regards,

Dan.

I work in IT and am at a Win 10 workstation most of the day and have it on my home PC and tablet so if you have any Qs or issues feel free to drop me a PM.Back

I'm the family IT support, so may as well extend it it to my fellow FOCers :D

Back on to things I don't like, lately around my way it seems half the people have forgotten where their indicators are. Like all of a sudden a sudden spike in people incapable of indicating, WTH!

• Like 1

Tomorrow is Wednesday, I am always late on a Wednesday.  Why I do not know.  But presuming I was late this morning, I don't think it'll look to good.  

I don't like knowing I am going to get into an argument with management tomorrow over their incompetency.  I also don't like waiting for the DVLA to do their job - but that is a whole other rant I won't get into just now. 

A final don't like is that I'm about to try to sleep, which will inevitably be unsuccessful and will result in me living on energy drinks and coffee tomorrow/today.  Yay...

21 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It still does it but I've found the issue.

It was only updated yesterday I think so I can't be the only one getting this issue?

Basically when I hit the 'latest post' button it shows no replies.  But for some reason it's searching with a tag of 'mk6 exhaust'...  I haven't even searched mk6 exhaust or anything so not sure where it's got that from.  If I remove the tag it brings up the new posts.  But I have to remove the tag every single time. :unsure: 

Is no-one else getting this issue?  What have I done wrong lol?

I've got it too! Very annoying....:angry:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Is no-one else getting this issue?  What have I done wrong lol?

I've got it too, on 2 different desktops.Works fine on my phone however. Bit weird cause I've never searched for a mk6 exhaust so no idea where it's came from!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Doing that doesn't fix the standard link to "latest posts" in the top right from being obsessed with a mk6 exhaust. though. Additional clicking required... :-( 

Using Alex's guide has worked for me for the latest post button.  Make sure you click the 'default' arrow to get the stream you want on the button though. 

• Like 1

Cheers, got it now :-) 

I don't like work assuming that none of its employees have lives outside work and that their shifts can just be changed at the drop of a hat!  :censored: idiots need to be sacked!!  And to make it worse I can't even try to get the whole :censored: up sorted because my :censored: manager is on :censored: holiday until tomorrow. 

(Replace the :censored: with a certain f-word and you'll see how I feel).

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club