Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Don't like the sudden increase in fuel prices either. Every day, it seems to be go up by 1p/litre.

The traffic keeps getting worse and worse too. Burning a hole in my pocket on the way to work every day. Tempted to get a Prius for my next car.

5 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Don't like the sudden increase in fuel prices either. Every day, it seems to be go up by 1p/litre.

The traffic keeps getting worse and worse too. Burning a hole in my pocket on the way to work every day. Tempted to get a Prius for my next car.

Oh, God no!  Expensive to buy, expensive to repair and you actually save very little in the long run.  You're better off with a small petrol engine if traffic is that bad, or one with the stop-start feature.

been going over my posts replying to questions asked and the original person posting doesnt respond in half of the posts put up.

28 minutes ago, iantt said:

been going over my posts replying to questions asked and the original person posting doesnt respond in half of the posts put up.

That's people for you Ian - they beg for help and when you give them it, they don't bother to read it or respond.  Makes you wonder why we bother in the first place.

39 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Oh, God no!  Expensive to buy, expensive to repair and you actually save very little in the long run.  You're better off with a small petrol engine if traffic is that bad, or one with the stop-start feature.

Expensive to buy, yes (not that expensive, about the cost of a used Mk3 Focus), but they last forever (>300,000 miles on original drivetrain - they're used as cabs in NYC - the worst possible punishment for a car), and nothing ever goes wrong on them. I know you would still probably save money with a smaller petrol engine in the long-run, but the idea of not costing yourself a penny while sitting in traffic seems very tempting.

Very spacious/comfy too. Only downside compared to Focus is that it feels a bit wallowy, and not exciting on bendy roads, but you can't have everything.

1 hour ago, Preecematt said:

KFC & the affects on my tummy 

I have never eaten there and never will!  That said, I'm a bit of a hypocrite as I'll happily go to McDonald's 2-3 times per week which is probably just as bad.

11 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I have never eaten there and never will!  That said, I'm a bit of a hypocrite as I'll happily go to McDonald's 2-3 times per week which is probably just as bad.

As said by Ian, Mccy d's is worse, they put added juice in your burger/mayonaisse.  I love the greasy chicken from KFC,

I don't like the effect that kneeling and crawling, albeit slowly, for 6 hours or so, despite wearing roofers knee pads, on my drive, has had.  My knees feel particularly tender this morning:huh: 

It's that time of year again, when the drive gets it's bi-annual weeding.  I filled two 125L sacks with the pulled and teased out weeds and moss, last night

19 hours ago, Preecematt said:

KFC & the affects on my tummy 

I've had KFC so many times, and never once had the slightest upset stomach. Hope your stomach gets better though.

Unfortunately can't say the same for Subway - even had food poisoning there once. Every Subway I've gone into, the workers touch your cash/the till, and then handle the next customer's sandwich. Disgusting hygiene standards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Incontro said:

Unfortunately can't say the same for Subway - even had food poisoning there once. Every Subway I've gone into, the workers touch your cash/the till, and then handle the next customer's sandwich. Disgusting hygiene standards.

I was entirely put off Subway, following an undercover report about the hygiene or rather the lack of hygiene amongst their staff. 

Staff with streaming colds assembling sandwiches:ohmy:, sneezing, coughing and spluttering on to the assembly area:ohmy: 

Exceptionally poor personal hygiene after loo visits and the like, handwashing seems to be the exception at Subway rather than a mandatory practice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Incontro said:

I've had KFC so many times, and never once had the slightest upset stomach. Hope your stomach gets better though.

I've had both so many times & this is the first time I've suffered with a gammy stomach off either.  Usually get a gammy stomach from Mccy d's & I had a burger king once... Never again lol.  Also my stomach is still gammy, but thank you anyway 

19 minutes ago, GMX said:

I was entirely put off Subway, following an undercover report about the hygiene or rather the lack of hygiene amongst their staff. 

Staff with streaming colds assembling sandwiches:ohmy:, sneezing, coughing and spluttering on to the assembly area:ohmy: 

Exceptionally poor personal hygiene after loo visits and the like, handwashing seems to be the exception at Subway rather than a mandatory practice

There used to be one in my local town but it closed down for some unknown reason & the building is still to let, the amount of times I've thought I'd love to put a car shop there lol.  Nearest one now is Shrewsbury as the crow flies.  But talking of bad hygiene there is a new costa put up in town & their hygiene IS poor lol, all youngsters in there as well

If I'm honest, hygiene is really important as there are people with poor immune systems, however I am someone that tends to just get on with stuff... My wife is someone that ponders massively about hygiene when we go camping, whereas I'll use a stick to move around a couple sausages haha...

Although tbf, I'm normally the one that normally ends up panicking around trying to find a bush to hide behind on a barren landscape to well...uh.... do my business... so maybe there is a connection there :lol:

Seems a fitting topic as I just risked a f*rt I shouldn't have... :unsure:

I hate touching food though, end up washing my hands several times before and during...  Opening all packets before starting so I don't have to touch the outside of it.  Use utensils rather than hands wherever possible...  Don't touch raw meat if I can help it, just open the box and tip it onto the tray or whatever... 

Funnily enough I can't eat at restaurants... :laugh:

I don't like that no-one seems to know what is the minimum of licences that I would need to buy for Windows 10 Enterprise:sad:, even though I only actually want one, at this time, to play with.  But I can't see Microsoft just letting me buy one.  That would sort defeating the object of Enterprise edition

I used to be a subscriber of MSDN which in one sense would solve it, I could re-subscribe and download one iso, but I don't really need access to all the versions of all of Microsoft now:huh:

Brandy doesn't like the lamb hearts I got for her tea:sad: She's removed them from her bowl and placed them by the washing machine

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Seems a fitting topic as I just risked a f*rt I shouldn't have... :unsure:

I hate touching food though, end up washing my hands several times before and during...  Opening all packets before starting so I don't have to touch the outside of it.  Use utensils rather than hands wherever possible...  Don't touch raw meat if I can help it, just open the box and tip it onto the tray or whatever... 

Funnily enough I can't eat at restaurants... :laugh:

A multi-tong household

I handle raw meat every day at 5:10pm, usually chicken carcases, sometimes chicken necks: although today it was three lambs hearts. 

Don't think I could look at hearts let alone pick them up! :mellow:

Linux Mint which I'm using tonight, has decided my keyboard is a US one, it just won't accept a UK one!  I keep configuring it: but it's not having it:lol:

It's also quite odd to see adverts, in the bundled Firefox: rather than the noscipt/ghostery/adblocked Seamonkey and Pale Moon browser, I use with my Windows PCs

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Don't think I could look at hearts let alone pick them up! :mellow:

Hearts aren't too messy.

Whereas, livers can be quite messy to handle, fishmongers waste (another treat, if you're a dog) can be spectacularly messy.  For these, I wear Nitrile gloves when serving Brandy: otherwise the stain can remain even after several hand washes :ohmy:

I know of two people, who feed their dogs raw meat but they themselves, like you can't bear to touch it and in one case, look at it.  Both of them, use extra long barbecue tongs to throw it the general direction of their dogs.  The girl who can't bear to look at it, close her eyes, and pulls a sort "ewwwwgh" grimace with each thrown carcase, for each of her three dogs.

• Like 1

My daughter used to work in a local subway and the hygiene standards were exceptional. Remember all these fast food outlets are franchises so it really depends on the owners of each branch what you get.

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

• Like 1

I used to work in an abbatoir and handling meat that's still twitching is a strange experience.

A newbie initiation ceremony was to be pushed into the bleeding pit, warm sticky blood gets everywhere and dries on like dark red rust and is surprisingly hard to wash off.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I used to work in an abbatoir and handling meat that's still twitching is a strange experience.

A newbie initiation ceremony was to be pushed into the bleeding pit, warm sticky blood gets everywhere and dries on like dark red rust and is surprisingly hard to wash off.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Lovely...  I think I prefer my office job! :laugh:

• Like 2

Thought ya might 😁

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Although tbf, I'm normally the one that normally ends up panicking around trying to find a bush to hide behind on a barren landscape to well...uh.... do my business... so maybe there is a connection there :lol:

Yeeaahhh...I'm not all that fussy...needs must and all that :-D

(Just a quick note - I'm not saying that I'd go as far as dropping my trousers and curling one out in the middle of a high street, but I have been caught short in nature a few times lol)

Soo...gave the car a quick wash...it's rained already.

Also, whilst attempting to remove the rear number plate, I've cracked it!

I was trying to take it off to replace the FOC sticker that covered up the dealer name on the bottom lip.  Black insulation tape with the FOC sticker looked awesome.

It was screwed on - with self tapping screws into a rivet...a bog standard rivet,,,no wonder it didn't want to come off!!!

Of course...everywhere was closed by this point...and my spare/trailer plate is in Immingham lol

Gonna temporarily refit the old one and order me a new one:

hvatl8v7f244snluohn566t7p5_20.png

(obviously not my real reg lol)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club