Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like getting my headphones jammed between the office recycling box and a stack of files, and not noticing until I went to use them:sad:

The result of which was when I went to pick them up to put them on for last night iplayer session: the right-hand arm to yoke joint snapped .  Whilst it can be repaired, and I've repaired this pair three times now (although it's the left hand yoke joint on those occasions), it's one of those rather irksome things.

It was rather awkward watching TV, having to hold the right cup to my right ear whilst the left cup is balanced loosely on my head.

I don't like this weather for driving! Spray is insane!

I don't like seeing a load of black grease sitting on top of my engine mount! :unsure:  New ones are so expensive. :sad:

I also don't like that the 306 is still dripping gear oil in the car park a week later...  I'm sure more has come out than I put in now lol.

36 minutes ago, Ianb said:

I don't like this weather for driving! Spray is insane!

It was rather intense this morning on my way to work, but calmed right down for coming home an hour ago. 

I don't like forgetting to do things!   Meant to call the local garage at the start of last week to book the MOT, but alas forgot and will now have to do it on Monday and I doubt they will be able to get me in for the end of the week...  God damn it!

35 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like seeing a load of black grease sitting on top of my engine mount! :unsure:  New ones are so expensive. :sad:

I also don't like that the 306 is still dripping gear oil in the car park a week later...  I'm sure more has come out than I put in now lol.

That reminds me of the oil leak on the old MK1.  The state of the driveway at our last house when we left - strewth!!

I hate oil stains on concrete, really irritates me. :sad:  I'm so careful doing oil changes etc, not to get any on the floor...  Now I've got a leak that only occurs when it's hot so had no idea it would leak before it was too late. :dry:  But it re-occurs every time it gets warm now!

Currently scouring eBay for some industrial strength concrete cleaner/degreaser lol.

When you do the 'donkey' work for lazy folk and they're too lazy to even thank you for it !

20 hours ago, Russ said:

When you do the 'donkey' work for lazy folk and they're too lazy to even thank you for it !

My mother anytime I visit spend day doing stuff intead of chatting 😧

Discovering a mate who is younger than I am, has died after a sudden and unexpected heart attack. :sad:

• Like 1

Main Pig Character in the new "Angry Birds" Movie is called Leonard 😭

• Like 1

Discovering a mate who is younger than I am, has died after a sudden and unexpected heart attack. sad.png

Always sad news when young guys die of heart attack

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

• Like 2

I don't like jamming my thumb in a door... :sad:  Nail has gone black at the bottom and the thumb has swollen.

For what seems like quite an insignificant injury it's surprisingly painful and has made me realise just how useful thumbs are! :wacko:

• Like 3

Indeed, brings me onto the next don't like...

I don't like being an utter twerp and loosing what appears to be a very specific Ford screw...  And finding none with the same girth and thread in my huge PSA & VAG bolt box. :dry: 

• Like 1

I don't like going downstairs and treading in a recently deposited poo at the foot of the stairs, which promptly shattered into a thousand or more crumbs:unsure:  Judging by the trail through the kitchen and out through the door: the urge to go came on faster than Brandy could get outside.  Such is life when you're an older dog:mellow:

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like jamming my thumb in a door... :sad:  Nail has gone black at the bottom and the thumb has swollen.

For what seems like quite an insignificant injury it's surprisingly painful and has made me realise just how useful thumbs are! :wacko:

Jammed and slammed thumbs are eye-wateringly painful and a can cause a crippled hand for some time:sad:

Some years ago, following a rather long diversion off the A36, I became increasingly desperate for the loo.  The lack of lay-bys only added to my now fervent bladder emptying needs.  Spotting a field entrance with a convenient tree, i pulled in rather hastily, ran from the the car and vaulted myself over the metal five bar gate. 

However, as I had gripped the top of the gate to vault, my left thumb was directly underneath the top bar. The gate dropped around 50mm,  as my full body weight pressed down, sandwiching my thumb between the gate and it's latch:shocking:  The pain was eye-watering and instant!!  Seconds later the nail went black and the thumb turned a plum purple and resembled a small aubergine!.

Curiously, the need to pee left me instantly.  I had always thought extreme pain had the opposite effect:unsure:

My dilemna then, was how am I going to drive home (about 60 miles) when i can't adequately grip the gear stick??:unsure:  Added to which steering might prove a bit iffy, on left turns.:unsure:  

• Like 3

I don't like dilemmas...  If I knew the 405 would pass (or fail cheaply) its MOT I could go ahead with a few days away to Dundee on my time off next week, but because I don't know I can't set anything in stone and by the time I get the result, it could be too late to go anyway... 

Perhaps I should start searching for a crystal ball!

• Like 1

I don't like getting a piece of walnut stuck in the hole where a filling fell out.  I just don't seem to able to dislodge it:sad:

Toothbrush, nor toothpick have failed to get it out.  Chewing gum i thought would: hasn't.

As irony goes, I was supposed to going to dentist tomorrow for a check up but had to postpone, as a client could only see me at the very same time and day:laugh:

I don't like forgetting my PIN again!  This time in Tesco with a few groceries.  Obviously, I suddenly remembered it 10 seconds after locking the card with three incorrect attempts!!

Should shop at lidl! Always good value and under £30, so you can use contactless..... Which I'm actually not a fan of particularly... But when in Rome

22 minutes ago, Ianb said:

Should shop at lidl! Always good value and under £30, so you can use contactless..... Which I'm actually not a fan of particularly... But when in Rome

I normally do shop at Lidl, but it wouldn't have mattered where I went as I don't "do" contactless.  No idea how to set it up (or if I even could with my cards?) and it isn't something I'd want to use.  I'd rather have the inconvenience of forgetting my PIN than the risk of having it stolen and used.

I don't like being bitten by hundreds of seething peed off ants, through my gloves, after several hand fork related incidents:sad:

4 hours ago, Ianb said:

I never think to use contactless on the small transactions. 

4 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

No idea how to set it up (or if I even could with my cards?) and it isn't something I'd want to use.

Your cards will have this symbol on them if you have itcontactless_ani_pib_260x150px_d042-v2Fra

8 minutes ago, GMX said:

I don't like being bitten by hundreds of seething peed off ants, through my gloves, after several hand fork related incidents:sad:

I never think to use contactless on the small transactions. 

Your cards will have this symbol on them if you have itcontactless_ani_pib_260x150px_d042-v2Fra

Ah well, the card in question doesn't have that.  Only my Barclaycard has the wireless symbol shown, but surely I'd have to do something to set it up?  Not that I want to!

Nope - if it's got the symbol, it's ready to go.

I've just set up Android Pay on my phone - contactless payment but you have to unlock the phone first...which is fingerprint in my case!!

It's got a delay of a few days apparently...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club