Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like the person who decided to snipe the Nilfisk E140 in Grimsby exactly the same time (1 second to go) as I did, but with a marginally higher proxy: he/she beat me by only 3p.  :ohmy::sad:

Brandy and I specifically commenced her long stroll at 5am, so I'd be back in time to snipe bid the pressure washer.

I don't like the person who decided to snipe the Nilfisk E140 in Grimsby exactly the same time (1 second to go) as I did, but with a marginally higher proxy: he/she beat me by only 3p.  ohmy.pngsad.png

Brandy and I specifically commenced her long stroll at 5am, so I'd be back in time to snipe bid the pressure washer.

Wasn't me lol

• Like 1

I don't like this... Could have been worse though.

wp_ss_20160530_0001.png

1 hour ago, SeanW said:

Wasn't me lol

It had crossed my mind there was a remote possibility that you were the seller:laugh:

10 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like this... Could have been worse though.

wp_ss_20160530_0001.png

If it's any use, Autosessive.com are having 50% off brake parts this weekend.

I don't like the smell of Brandy's tea - thawed lambs tripe, it has a :sick: like aroma to it:sad:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GMX said:

If it's any use, Autosessive.com are having 50% off brake parts this weekend.

Unfortunately that would be no use as the garage it is in would want to supply their own parts (plus I wouldn't know what is required until they are in the process of actually doing the work).  If I removed it from the testing station I'd have to pay a partial retest fee, whereas if they do it they'll retest for free, and being a small reputable garage I don't expect to be ripped off.

I'll have more clarity tomorrow when I get the quote for the exhaust (part and labour) and he can do the brake work, or at least take them apart and price up the parts required.  I have a feeling that my finances may be more strained than usual this month (if that is possible!).

Just got to keep reminding myself that I was expecting a worse result!  Brakes and exhaust are simple compared to a shot rear axle, or undercarriage corrosion - both of which could were a possibility being a 20 year old car known for dodgy axles and exposed to Scottish weather.

The new Top Gear, or more specifically I don't like Chris Evans as a presenter on it.

b5876e0badf6a682c495bcd7a1ae537d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What an irritating man he is. 

I actually like him but prefer not to see him. He's a marmite sort of guy though.

I thought the new top gear was ok and will no doubt settle as time goes by until the presenters get used to each other glad they've kept the basic style and not messed too much just altered a little like the star in a car track now being rally cross is a really good development

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

Matt LeBlanc was good, evans was too much in a TFI Friday mood, not suited to the show at all.

Really don't like the new rally part of the track, it breaks the flow of the lap and is unneccessary.

The companion show Extra Gear on BBC3 was a total waste of bandwidth.

• Like 1

Matt LeBlanc was good, evans was too much in a TFI Friday mood, not suited to the show at all.

Really don't like the new rally part of the track, it breaks the flow of the lap and is unneccessary.

The companion show Extra Gear on BBC3 was a total waste of bandwidth.

I didn't see any of the new TG, but your comment sums up my blind thought on the show..

• Like 1

I don't like the way Screwfix's web site suddenly hung as "the Verified by Visa" pop up was processing my payment. :sad: I was then unsure if Visa had processed it, or not:unsure:

Ended up having to phone Screwfix as I didn't want to end up with double order if I did again: or no order if I didn't. 

I also don't seeing both petrol and diesel has risen by another 3p a litre this week, again.:sad: Petrol is now  £1.099 a litre this afternoon and diesel is £1.109.  It seems to rising far faster than it fell, previously:mellow:

• Like 1

Don't like that having bought 2 24" PC monitors to set up a triple screen gaming system that nowhere seems to sell the DVI cables I need to connect to the graphics card.

Makes no sense to me.

Sent from my SM-G930F

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

Don't like that having bought 2 24" PC monitors to set up a triple screen gaming system that nowhere seems to sell the DVI cables I need to connect to the graphics card.

Makes no sense to me.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Have you tried Kenable Ltd?

http://www.kenable.co.uk/

or Cables and More (which is a trading name of Aquarius Computers Supplies Ltd)?

http://www.cablesandmore.co.uk/

Oh I know I can get them online but no retail shop seems to stock them.

Maplins stocks them but online only.

I know I could go for DVI to HDMI but would rather keep the ports matched from card to monitor.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Your new monitors wouldn't happen to be Dell U2415?

I have been thinking of upgrading my three main Dell U2410 monitors but am not sure how good the LED backlight is compared to the current CFL

Nope, Acer 5240HL.

Good screens that don'r break the bank.

A thing with Acer is they don't put Vesa mounting holes on their monitors.

I'm fitting my monitors on a triple vesa stand so brackets that bolt into the standard Acer stand slots were needed.

It'll be good once finished and look tidier than 3 screens with 3 stands.

Sent from my SM-G930F

This is the effect I'm aiming for-

triple-monitors.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

I don't like losing an L-plate yesterday!!  That'll teach me for accelerating quickly whilst driving into a strong wind...  Needless to say, it flew off the bonnet never to be seen again.

triple-monitors.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F

Geek :p

• Like 1

Well I have to spend my vast public wage on something 😎

Anyone would think you were a teensy bit jealous???

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

2nd that, geek. Lol

• Like 1

I don't like being told I'd get a quote for the brake work by the end of today, and it now being 16:15 with still no calls or voicemails...

2nd that, geek. Lol

Pah, you're all jealous that's all. 🤗

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

triple-monitors.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F

Very nice!  I want to get a set-up like that someday.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club