Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like the ars € in the (old) red Mercedes convertible earler this morning. He kept waving me off like I was up his ars € or something, mate I'm driving behind you, safe distance where do you expect me to go exactly on this single carriageway? In the end sick of his waving he got the international symbol for Richard,  soon got through and he kept his hands to himself lol

I also don't like by a accidental flick of my thumb I left this topic and opened another topic partway through 

• Like 1

I also don't like letting people down :sad: I'd made arrangements with a mod of this forum to have the ST rear kit off of my car. curiosity struck so I called my dealers with a price for removing it....

To be met with...why am I removing it?(!) They wanted that as they like what I've done with the car, and that was a part of the part exchange price, MASSIVE compliment but I wish I'd known sooner. I feel bad now :sad:

what a let down for Kieran. he will get over it.lol

• Like 1

Having to work in this weather instead of enjoying it..

It should become law we can't work in good weather in the UK.. since we don't have much of it anyway

• Like 3

I don't like having an unexpected internet outage when in the middle of a Paypal transaction:sad:

This morning when I went to put the Mk2 Focus on it's fortnightly battery top up, I don't findng the bonnet latch plunger has given up plunging altogether and I consequently had to faff about trying to open the bonnet through a crack not wide enough to insert a full finger, and scarcely a fingertip:sad:

Admittedly, I did initially think it was the famous Mk2 bonnet bowden clip problem, but once I'd got it open, I couldn't get the plunger to move without putting all my entire body weight on it. Despite all the lubrication it had last time. :mellow:

Given that it's going for an MOT shortly, and it would rather embarrassing not be able to open the bonnet easily. on the ramp.:blush:  i shall replace it with a new that hasn't got an impediment with it's plunger

• Like 1

It's not the right place for a "I like" comment, but it's more a reply to the people that don't like pokemon go....

I personally think it's a very good app, why? Well no, I don't play it, but close to me is a large expanse called Plymouth Hoe, it overlooks the water and is generally a pleasant place to be. Recently there have been many many people up there, even at 12 or 1am wondering around getting fresh air and having a laugh with their friends...granted few of them appear to be taking in their surrounds and are still glued to their phones, but it's nice to see the committed gamer types actually outside walking around. From what I have gathered you have to go to many different places to get the different types of pokemon, so on the hoe for instance there are only certain types and there will never be any different ones - I'm unaware of any other app that actually has fresh air and exercise as a by product... 

Stupid does as stupid does, so naturally these lifetime couch potatoes will invariably fall into outdoor hazards - like step in front of vehicles, fall down holes.... or get lost in caves... but I believe that is a way of culling the most ignorant bunch anyway... so it's not too bad..

But laughing aside, it's a pretty interesting way to get people out and moving!

• Like 4

I've just been up to the broccoli to put the green shade netting over them, brassicas don't like it too sunny when it's hot unrelenting sun

The thermometer on the garage wall is 33°C in the shade:sweatdrop:: whereas the one I put outside in the sun (on the drive) for a comparison, is a staggering 45°C :sweat:

Brandy could do with some dog shoes, it'll be too hot on her pads to use the drive.:sad:  For the time being she can use the north facing french windows to access the garden.

4 hours ago, Ianb said:

It's not the right place for a "I like" comment, but it's more a reply to the people that don't like pokemon go....

I personally think it's a very good app, why? Well no, I don't play it, but close to me is a large expanse called Plymouth Hoe, it overlooks the water and is generally a pleasant place to be. Recently there have been many many people up there, even at 12 or 1am wondering around getting fresh air and having a laugh with their friends...granted few of them appear to be taking in their surrounds and are still glued to their phones, but it's nice to see the committed gamer types actually outside walking around. From what I have gathered you have to go to many different places to get the different types of pokemon, so on the hoe for instance there are only certain types and there will never be any different ones - I'm unaware of any other app that actually has fresh air and exercise as a by product... 

Stupid does as stupid does, so naturally these lifetime couch potatoes will invariably fall into outdoor hazards - like step in front of vehicles, fall down holes.... or get lost in caves... but I believe that is a way of culling the most ignorant bunch anyway... so it's not too bad..

Ooh...I wonder if many of the previously unseen dogs with owners we saw this morning, were actually pokemon go players, and not thinking so much of their dogs welfare, but getting an early pokemon or two in, before work?:unsure:

Nintendo's (not Sony as I incorrectly thought)  Wii has exercise as a by product; but not in the fresh air, unless you take the TV outside

Edited by GMX
New information provided by SeanW
  • Like 1

The temperature has dropped on the garage wall to 30°C.:sweat:

It's still too hot to mow the lawn:sad:,

The water loss would be much for the grass plants after the leaves were severed by the mower, similar to excessive blood loss to us:ohmy:

3 minutes ago, SeanW said:

Nintendo made the Wii lol

Oh, I never knew that:mellow:

I wonder why I thought it was Sony:unsure:

Leather seats when it's 36°C outside

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Unless you're naked my seats are fine...leather steering wheel on the other hand...I was tempted to wear oven mitts... :laugh: 

I don't like the old lady in a Fiesta I've just followed out of Tesco...  The Mk5 Fiesta's do seem to attract them!  Anyway, she stopped once for a gap anyone else could've got an artic through...then nearly ran people over on the zebra crossing...going well so far!  But at the local Tesco the filling station exits onto the same road as the shop exit with gave way marks from the station.  Woman in an Audi (with the baby on board sticker of course!) decided to completely ignore the giveway and pull out into the side of the Fiesta...what did the old lady in a Fiesta do...?

A. Blast the horn and carry on through

B. Slow down just enough to avoid the accident but then tailgate until they noticed

Or C. Make no attempt to show the other car of her presence, but instead slam on the anchors forcing me to emergency stop as well as the entire queue behind us...and then just sit there for a minute or so with a foot on the brake...(leaving us not knowing whether she's 'parked' and inviting the queue to overtake or what!?)

Yeah that's right, it was C...can't understand any thought process behind it myself!  I was feeling sorry for her when the Audi pulled out...that quickly changed! :rolleyes: 

I also don't like that Tesco aren't selling fans...  Surely they'd have made a killing on them this week!  Will have to pop over B&Q or Homebase shortly I think, can't cope with this heat!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, hywelkidd said:

Leather seats when it's 36°C outside

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

:sweat:....and I was thinking how hot my  30°C was!

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I also don't like that Tesco aren't selling fans...  Surely they'd have made a killing on them this week!  Will have to pop over B&Q or Homebase shortly I think, can't cope with this heat!

You got a Machine Mart nearby?

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/c/fans-air-conditioners--ventilation/?da=1&TC=HPB-Fans

I don't like that I had a nice long reply but the site or my phone more likely my phone crashed it out and the now expects me to write it all again :sad:

3 hours ago, GMX said:

:sweat:....and I was thinking how hot my  30°C was!

You got a Machine Mart nearby?

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/c/fans-air-conditioners--ventilation/?da=1&TC=HPB-Fans

There's one in the town centre but I'm on the outskirts and try to stay of town as much as possible lol!  I had the Machine Mart e-mail about their fan sale too!  Anyway, I got one from Homebase for £13...seems to do the job until I'm rich enough to afford an air conditioning unit! :laugh: 

I don't like that I've completely run out of onions, my sautéed freshly picked courgettes were not the same with onion granules.:sad: Despite the assumption granules can be substituted for the fresh.

I also don't like, I'm getting through my butt water at rather an alarming rate, these past couple of days:ohmy: :sad: I used over half a butt tonight (110 litres), each tomato plant took close to 3 litre each until they were moist again!

It's was still 25°C outside, when i finished irrigating. 

If the forecast is right again, a cooler 28°C is forecast until lunchtime:sweatdrop:, then it rises back to 30°C for the afternoon and early evening:sweat:

So, that'll be another half butt tomorrow too.:mellow: I've only got around 1050 litres left:sad:, 200 of which is for the blueberries exclusive use

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

There's one in the town centre but I'm on the outskirts and try to stay of town as much as possible lol! 

Machine Mart seem to favour their town centre locations with limited parking, particularly limited, when you've bought something heavy and awkward to carry.  My local one is on a corner, double yellows in front and halfway up the one way side road.  There's a school behind it with no car park, so if you can find a solitary space on a weekday, you feel rather fortunate.

Should you see someone move out behind you in your rear view mirror, you've got go round the one way system, to get back to where they were, and hope no-one else slipped in as you went round. 

My local Tesco is. My old fan burnt out (I use it all the time - my bedroom is always hot & stuffy, even in winter with no heating on.

Picked one up at about half 11 last night - funky looking chromed thing lol

(Still 29C in my bedroom...)

There's one in the town centre but I'm on the outskirts and try to stay of town as much as possible lol! 
Machine Mart seem to favour their town centre locations with limited parking, particularly limited, when you've bought something heavy and awkward to carry.  My local one is on a corner, double yellows in front and halfway up the one way side road.  There's a school behind it with no car park, so if you can find a solitary space on a weekday, you feel rather fortunate.

Should you see someone move out behind you in your rear view mirror, you've got go round the one way system, to get back to where they were, and hope no-one else slipped in as you went round. 

My one has a fairly good car park by Machine Mart standards (a. It has one b. You can fit more than one car in it and c. It's accessed via a very quiet road...mind you, Asda is literally straight across the road if needs be lol)

The problem with that is some of the Pokemon locations are on private property so people are being enticed to trespass.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

The problem with that is some of the Pokemon locations are on private property so people are being enticed to trespass.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Yeh, I can understand thats not very responsible, plus I'd imagine it puts a bit of strain on you guys as a lot of the pokemon catchers seem to be out at night time "prowler in the garden" type of things.... especially for the old folks...

• Like 2

I don't like playing pass the garbage with the neighbours....

We've got one of those big lockable bins that some neighbours feel should be the place for them to dump anything they wish - fortunately it's lockable... Yet had one neighbour walk around and then leave a half full paint tin against our building rather than going and putting it in his bin....

I swiftly picked it up and left it right in the middle of his drive. If he wants to dump it in a wheely bin then that's his choice, but don't leave it by me as if it's something I'm supposed to get rid of.

• Like 3

I don't like having to venture out in a thunderstorm to dump a car-load of trash at the landfill...  I'm glad we're getting the storm though, as it has been needed for weeks to clear the humidity.

• Like 1

I don't like the humidity has risen completely negating the slightly cooler temperature.:sad:

It was a relatively cool 22°C on Brandy's morning stroll but wasn't as humid as yesterday.  However, it's back up to 28°C, lower than this time yesterday, but the humidity is has ramped up:sweat: And we've lost yesterday's gusty breeze too:ohmy:

Even the cats have come in, they both spent yesterday outside under the pittosporrums.

Of course it's even hotter in the office, with the nine PCs and two printers running:sad: and that's with the windows open.

2 hours ago, Ianb said:

Yeh, I can understand thats not very responsible, plus I'd imagine it puts a bit of strain on you guys as a lot of the pokemon catchers seem to be out at night time "prowler in the garden" type of things.... especially for the old folks...

On the pokemon go front, in Bosnia players are told to stop entering minefields with leftover unexploded ordinance from the Bosnian war, pursuing their pokemons http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36841828

A driver in Birmingham was stopped and fined for pokemoning whilst driving . http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/driver-fined-playing-pokemon-go-11633798

And in the US, Baltimore, another pokemoning driver crashed into a patrol car, alomost killing the three police officers http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/three-cops-cheat-death-driver-8453716

45 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I'm glad we're getting the storm though, as it has been needed for weeks to clear the humidity.

I was hoping that we might have one last night, the Met did initially forecast it, but with each subsequent one, the storms going more north and more west each time:sad:

I don't like the humidity and heat coming back only a few hours after the storm, which I hoped would clear the air.  Nope, back to square one!!

I don't like receiving a cold sales call from Bristol Street today, given my details from ford who I've just had a brochure from....and was I interested in buying a new or used vehicle from them: not from you no, lol then apologised meaning I didn't mean not her personally! :lol:

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Poor Focus on 100 Year Old Drivers tonight! :ohmy:

What channel? I'll look for it on iplayer  or the like

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club