Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

think it was itv, was quite amusing .

Found it on itv hub, tbh shows like this highlights the need for better testing once past a certain age, the 5 minutes I've viewed so far beggars belief :ohmy:

• Like 1

ITV1 yeah, though I've just watched it on ITV1+1 lol.

Also note the pair of old ladies seat belts...obviously don't know they're adjustable, will be decapitated if they crash! :unsure: 

What I don't like today is my t'ternet speed at home! It's worse than dial up stonechip the moment! So here I am outside on the school run using 4g to do my catching up :sad:

Every time I go outside to the recycling bin, there's another cabbage white butterfly inside the insect-proof (or so I thought) broccoli cage:sad:

There's no obvious place i can see, where they're getting in, unless they're dropping to soil level by the broad beans, folding their wings flat to the ground and crawling like seals under the 3mm gap:unsure: 

3 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

What I don't like today is my t'ternet speed at home! It's worse than dial up stonechip the moment! So here I am outside on the school run using 4g to do my catching up :sad:

There were some problems today on the network, due to a power supply fault at Telehouse North, although it should only affect BT and Plusnet customers. Separately, the HMRC  and AIB also reporting "UK wide broadband infra-structure problems" and "technical issues with connectivity"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GMX said:

Every time I go outside to the recycling bin, there's another cabbage white butterfly inside the insect-proof (or so I thought) broccoli cage

Try growing some nasturtiums. They love those!

There are two schools of thought regarding pests eating stuff that you want to eat or enjoy:

1: Discourage & Destroy.

2: Provide an Alternative.

No 2 is less obvious, it seems that you are actually encouraging the beasts, and making the problem worse. But it also encourages predators to eat the pests.

In the cases of cabbage whites or aphids, neither strategy is likely to work alone, they will always appear from somewhere! But put together, I think it can work quite well. Increase predation while doing what you can to keep them off your valuable plants.

In your case, Ghana, I expect I am preaching to the converted, you have probably already done this, but it might help others?

---

And on internet connections, I have quite a few problems: Server 500 error when sending an email, and huge delays accessing this site. In fact I have just got an email in saying an outgoing email from me has been held up by 4 hours! Snail Mail might be quicker. Must be the weather overheating the servers & comms equipment.laugh.pngohmy.pngangry.png

• Like 1

i do not like people who say S line Audis ride are too crashy but have never even test driven one. 

I don't like pre-MOT nerves for the Santa Fe...  There are still another couple of weeks left but it needs booked in ASAP.  Maybe I should leave an envelope under the driver's seat, if you know what I mean... :wink:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ken.K said:

i do not like people who say S line Audis ride are too crashy but have never even test driven one. 

crashy? as in rough?

crashy? as in rough?

As in firm. And you feel every pothole

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I've never driven one, but I can imagine that it might be the case given the S line is on a sports suspension which will be firmer than normal.... but granted, you can hardly say "its TOO ______" until you've actually tried it...

• Like 1

they are firmer yes but not bad if your just cruising around. people just read a review and just stick with it. I hate that also, people who read reviews and cannot make their own choices themselves. 

I read and heard so many bad things about ford focus but I have to say am enjoying mine. the weight the feel the in gear acceleration would find it hard to replace when the time comes. 

I would never just read reviews and then go and have one,i need a good 2 test drives as i did in mine then put the reviews and my opinion together.

My option always come first but i have to say i hate it when one review says something is good and then another one says its bad,as Ken.K says will be

hard to match another car to my fiesta for nippy/ride/handling as its spot on,only one i would test drive is the new Polo15 reg up.

9 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

as Ken.K says will be hard to match another car to my fiesta for nippy/ride/handling as its spot on,only one i would test drive is the new Polo15 reg up.

I am looking at a few options depending on Budget for my next car if I can raise enough deposit I would go for 3L tdi A5 or A6 or a BMW 520d m sport. if not I have my eye on a Mazda 6 2.5 sport or Mazda 3 mps

I don't like people that cut you up then brake check you and purposely drive slowly...if you don't like people behind you, try giving way when you should! :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

I don't like people that cut you up then brake check you and purposely drive slowly...if you don't like people behind you, try giving way when you should! :rolleyes: 

I hate people who do that but then I do it back to them for as long as I can.

Being told by the Dr and MHN they won't do me a fit note to say that I'm OK to return to work as my meds aren't of the correct dosage yet :sad: (they're increasing them slowly every 2 weeks)

I'm desperate to get back to work but I'm not being allowed to :sad:

• Like 1

Seeing a MK2 Focus rental car crashed into the back of a MK1. :sad: Was a fairly low speed shunt, probably 15-20mph and no airbags went off. Both cars were a bit crumpled though!

Both cars would probably be a write off in the UK (MK1 for sure as its worth less) but out here in Cyprus (cars are more expensive here too) i can almost guarantee the both (even the MK1) will have some cut and shut and new bumpers before returning to the road. Good as new! :wink:

I don't like having to wait another 12 days for my test...  It feels like when I was a child - counting down the days until Christmas :laugh:

• Like 1

I don't like that most of the day, there was an ever present smell of resin from next door's builders, sealing the drive, paths and patios:sad:.  Far too hot again to have the windows closed.  So, it was either overheat in a sealed house: or have resinous ventilation:unsure:

Brandy wasn't overly happy with the two hours of whacking plating, that occurred before the resin spraying.

I see the humidity has returned making it feel hotter than yesterday, though it's still 23°C:sad:

5 hours ago, Ken.K said:

I hate people who do that but then I do it back to them for as long as I can.

I used to know someone, who also did it back, but he'd fitted a switch on his brake light circuit (which I imagine is illegal).  Having overtaken the cutter upper, he'd switch his brake light circuit off and then brake, watching them panic in rear view mirror, for they'd have no warning he was braking. 

5 hours ago, laumk7 said:

Being told by the Dr and MHN they won't do me a fit note to say that I'm OK to return to work as my meds aren't of the correct dosage yet :sad: (they're increasing them slowly every 2 weeks)

I'm desperate to get back to work but I'm not being allowed to :sad:

I didn't know those fit notes were legally enforceable:unsure:  I was under the impression an employee could return to work when they want to, unless there was a physical reason why they couldn't, van driver with broken leg can't operate the clutch, or H&S reason.

4 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like having to wait another 12 days for my test...  It feels like when I was a child - counting down the days until Christmas :laugh:

Driving test or MOT for the Hyundai?

10 minutes ago, GMX said:

Driving test or MOT for the Hyundai?

Oh, my driving test!  I am not really that bothered about the Hyundai's test - if it fails badly then it will just be an excuse to pick up another 405 as a replacement... :wink: 

Well, either that or a MK1 Focus, which are readily available locally for less than £500. 

8 minutes ago, GMX said:

I didn't know those fit notes were legally enforceable:unsure:  I was under the impression an employee could return to work when they want to, unless there was a physical reason why they couldn't, van driver with broken leg can't operate the clutch, or H&S reason

I work (for my sins) in a warehouse with heavy machinery, very stressful environment,  they're after a fitnote to confirm I'm fit to return for h&s insurance reasons etc. Without it they won't let me back, I think next step for me is to speak to their occupational health team

11 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Oh, my driving test!  I am not really that bothered about the Hyundai's test - if it fails badly then it will just be an excuse to pick up another 405 as a replacement... :wink:

Best of luck mate! I'm sure you'll breeze it! Got everything crossed for you x

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

Best of luck mate! I'm sure you'll breeze it! Got everything crossed for you x

Thanks!  I am a very proficient driver so there isn't anything that I "can't do", but just things that I could screw up due to my anxiety.  If I pass then I can escape my manipulative mother and try to better my life.  I would never live on my own if I didn't have a car and my driving licence, but once I have those then all I need to do is find a property at an affordable price, which won't be too difficult as my "ideal area" has very cheap rent (and desparate landlords).  It is desirable to me as I'm from the area, but to most people they would avoid it with a bargepole! :laugh:

If I have to stay for too much longer then I'll end up like her, and that isn't something you can ever recover from.  Trust me.

• Like 1

Best of luck Jamie!! We will all be sending good vibes on the day!

I'm hoping to have mine within the next month, depending on what my instructor thinks next week (and if there are any cancellations!) otherwise it is booked for 8th September.

I won't be far behind you with luck!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club