Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

3 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Best of luck Jamie!! We will all be sending good vibes on the day!

I'm hoping to have mine within the next month, depending on what my instructor thinks next week (and if there are any cancellations!) otherwise it is booked for 8th September.

I won't be far behind you with luck!

September 8th isn't bad, certainly shorter waiting times than here!  But, if you are ready and can get it sooner, then by all means go for it.

I don't like coughing ad nauseam!  Both metaphorically, and literally... :sick:

This whole hear has been spent with a constant cold or flu, one after the other! 

• Like 1

On 18/07/2016 at 9:02 AM, davyo said:

I don't like it when I can unquote something ^^^^^

• Like 1

I hate it when the weather says nice hot and sunny so you get up all sorted to paint a fence,dark black clouds.

Shall i or not ????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

September 8th isn't bad, certainly shorter waiting times than here!  But, if you are ready and can get it sooner, then by all means go for it.

It was originally November but i managed to get a cancellation. It would be easier for me to do it in the holidays so then it was all done and dusted by the time school starts again.

• Like 1

I don't like being baffled by electrical stuff.... I can wire up a new end on a plug, or replace things with new versions of the same thing... But things like vehicle electrics... Speakers, led strips, head units... (Specifically this blooming van reverse camera head unit xtron millions of wires thing) is really puzzling... I'm just not quite sure what to do....

I don't like that the humidity is back up at 95% and overnight the shrubs have deposited their pollen on my recently washed Mk2 Focus. :sad: That's the second time in a week, moments after washing it, something lands on it; first next door's builders dust and now pollen.

12 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like coughing ad nauseam!  Both metaphorically, and literally... :sick:

This whole hear has been spent with a constant cold or flu, one after the other! 

Zinc tablets are supposed to be good for boosting your immune system against colds and flu.

My brother used to be in near constant state of cold and/or flu during most of his twenties, a girlfriend suggested he increased the fruit and veg content of his diet and take zinc supplements: he found to his surprise, that it reduced the frequency from near to constant to once or twice a year

33 minutes ago, Ianb said:

I don't like being baffled by electrical stuff.... I can wire up a new end on a plug, or replace things with new versions of the same thing... But things like vehicle electrics... Speakers, led strips, head units... (Specifically this blooming van reverse camera head unit xtron millions of wires thing) is really puzzling... I'm just not quite sure what to do....

Do Xtron not supply a schematic?

Some the club guides, might point you in the right direction, even if the van isn't a Ford.

1 hour ago, GMX said:

Zinc tablets are supposed to be good for boosting your immune system against colds and flu.

My brother used to be in near constant state of cold and/or flu during most of his twenties, a girlfriend suggested he increased the fruit and veg content of his diet and take zinc supplements: he found to his surprise, that it reduced the frequency from near to constant to once or twice a year

I'll give that a go Ghana, thanks.

• Like 1

I don't like having a hard day at work and then having to come home to an equally hard day there... :wallbash:

It was a second hand one hahah....and the van is a Renault :mellow:

French electrics....

9 minutes ago, Ianb said:

It was a second hand one hahah....and the van is a Renault :mellow:

French electrics....

Have you looked in here

http://forum.xtrons.co.uk/default.asp

downloadable guide here

http://forum.xtrons.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=141540&title=reverse-camera-installation-guide

dont talk to me about french electrics , !Removed! peugeots!! old and newer alike. !!

• Like 2

Thanks Ghana, I'll have a look when I'm on my laptop. I've found actually installing it is a pain in the backside, I can plug it straight in and it works fine, but turn engine off and then on again and it's reset back - clock is on midnight etc etc.... Swine!

• Like 1

Searching dealerships all over Gloucester  to show my husband the blurple/ bright indigo blue of my new car in real life, only for there to be an example about a mile down the road in the local used dealership....

Burning and cutting the same finger, in the same day. Normally not this clumsy lol, today must be cursed (haven't had any accidents in over 6 months).

• Like 1

I don't like changing my mind...  A few days ago I thought that my tyres would be fine for another month (and technically they would, in terms of tread depth), but having driven through town in heavy rain today I know they aren't safe to leave any longer.  Just pulling out at roundabouts and junctions caused severe wheel spin and could potentially cause an accident due to taking so long get any grip and move.  I daren't think what would happen if I had to do an emergency stop, or swerve at high speed.

Fortunately West Lake RP28 tyres are cheap (only £36 each for 185/65R14) and I know from having them on the old Focus that they provide surprisingly good grip and are certainly much better than some "quality" tyres.  So, four of those will be getting fitted ASAP.

5 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Burning and cutting the same finger, in the same day. Normally not this clumsy lol, today must be cursed (haven't had any accidents in over 6 months).

Welcome to my world!! :sad:

• Like 1

I don't like finding an assortment of pieces of brick, concrete and pavers on the lawn and around the vegetables:sad:

It seems the toddler next door has discovered he can throw things in addition, to the tennis balls and frisbees that have started coming over the fence.

1 hour ago, Incontro said:

Rear hub carrier bush renewal, exhaust box replacement or subframe removal???:unsure:

Been there a couple of times: first you burn it when you've forgotten you've just swirled the oxy-acetalin or propane torch over the immovable nut and then you cut it on the chewed up nut edge, when unscrewing the last couple of threads by hand.:ohmy:  Both these actions can also be preceded with the hand sliding off the unmoving wrench and slamming the knuckles into the nearest metal component!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, GMX said:

I don't like finding an assortment of pieces of brick, concrete and pavers on the lawn and around the vegetables:sad:

It seems the toddler next door has discovered he can throw things in addition, to the tennis balls and frisbees that have started coming over the fence.

Rear hub carrier bush renewal, exhaust box replacement or subframe removal???:unsure:

Been there a couple of times: first you burn it when you've forgotten you've just swirled the oxy-acetalin or propane torch over the immovable nut and then you cut it on the chewed up nut edge, when unscrewing the last couple of threads by hand.:ohmy:  Both these actions can also be preceded with the hand sliding off the unmoving wrench and slamming the knuckles into the nearest metal component!

Good Lord, you really are a walking disaster!

• Like 2

I also don't like finding 16 bags in a row, on the current poo bag roll, that didn't have there bottoms heat sealed properly nor their perforations cut, as went to pick up Brandy's second poo, during her morning walk:sad:

I have the odd malformed poo bag before, but never 16 one after the other, That's a 2.13% error rate:sad:

I also don't like finding everything in dishwasher was covered in a pale white residue, upon unloading it.:sad:  The normally bright and shiney spoons were outstandingly dull and the glassware looked like it had been rinsed in water that had previously used to wash out emulsion brushes:sad:

I don't like spiders in the bathroom...  Few days ago, sat on the loo about to wipe...go to grab the bogroll and a spider is on the roll...err...now I'm stuck! :laugh:

Second time sat on the loo, hear a splat, pretty sure it wasn't me, look down a spider has dropped from the ceiling onto the floor about an inch from my foot...super-quick wipe and run that time! :lol: 

I havent even opened the window in there to avoid this situation!!  Really need to buy some of that spider spray I think. :unsure: 

35 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like spiders in the bathroom...  Few days ago, sat on the loo about to wipe...go to grab the bogroll and a spider is on the roll...err...now I'm stuck! :laugh:

Second time sat on the loo, hear a splat, pretty sure it wasn't me, look down a spider has dropped from the ceiling onto the floor about an inch from my foot...super-quick wipe and run that time! :lol: 

I havent even opened the window in there to avoid this situation!!  Really need to buy some of that spider spray I think. :unsure: 

Or a cat like Bunty.:laugh:

Bunty spends many hours pursuing spiders, you don't last long in my bathroom if you're spider.  Whilst she'll also hunt moths, maybugs and voles, spiders keep her occupied for longer.  Oddly for cat, she has no interest in pursuing birds and little interest in mice

• Like 1

I'm not a cat person... :blush:

But we're not allowed pets anyway...I hope the spiders aren't classed as pets! :unsure: 

17 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I hope the spiders aren't classed as pets!

Can be!

But I think I can take it from your previous post that you are not a keen keeper of Tarantulas, or nice, big, fat Black Widow spiders!ohmy.png

I rather like, and admire spiders, but even so, I definitely prefer it if they don't invade my "personal space" too closely!

My better half is not keen on spiders. Every so often, when she is doing some housework, I hear a shrill scream of abject horror, which I studiously ignore for ten minutes or so, before considering whether to go to the rescue!

But even she was impressed by an orb web spider. It was safely on the other side of a window, and it was really amazing watching it spin that intricate web, round & round, carefully tacking the sticky spiral onto the radial supports. What a feat of engineering!cool.png

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Hahaha, had visions of that lethal weapon toilet scene.... "A few days ago...now I'm stuck" :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club