Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Mazda don't make mps anymore I don't think.

The last one they did from 2009

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I had a 60 plate mps , I thought when you said new st , you meant new mps aswell

Getting up in to the attic to route sattelite cable out through the fascia at rear of the house,

Last time I went up inside the front of house and tried to reach out through the fascia vent; 

Lay on my chest on the rafters and stuck my arm down trying to reach; almost got my head stuck between the plasteboard and felt roof as they narrow down to a point 😂

as result getting stuck i then got nose full of dust and fibreglass from the insulation.

😧things we do to have a tidy sattelite installation.

Later decided it's better to have it at the back of the house exiting fascia on to sattelite on the chimney.

This time going to put wire through fascia from outside;

Then tape attic cable on to it; and pull it back out thus taking the wire out with it instead of getting my head stuck in the roof 😁

• Like 1

I don't like waiting for news... 

• Like 1

I had a 60 plate mps , I thought when you said new st , you meant new mps aswell

Ah my bad. Depending on budget, how did the mps drive and why the change also how was road (tyre) noise

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I don't like that I've had no kitchen for 9 days due to a total refit and having to create a 'mini-kitchen' in a bedroom.

Tbc in things I do like.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like waiting for news... 

Fingers crossed it's the news your hoping for mate . 

My car tax rising from £30 to £210 a year 😭

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Roxanne8907 said:

Good Lord, how's that?

27 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Fingers crossed it's the news your hoping for mate . 

It was, thankfully!  Not sure the same will be said for my "other" news in a couple of weeks (medical stuff), but I'm trying to not think about that just now.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Good Lord, how's that?

From a 1.0 ecoboost to a 2.0 st oUch lol 

8 minutes ago, Roxanne8907 said:

From a 1.0 ecoboost to a 2.0 st oUch lol 

Oh...  I'd rather have the 2.0 though!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

It was, thankfully!  Not sure the same will be said for my "other" news in a couple of weeks (medical stuff), but I'm trying to not think about that just now.

Fingers crossed for you mate, 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Roxanne8907 said:

I can equate with that, mines rising from free to 130 lol

Worth it though right? :wink::laugh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, laumk7 said:

I can equate with that, mines rising from free to 130 lol

Worth it though right? :wink::laugh:

Both of you should stop complaining - I'm paying £240!! :angry:

Nevermind, at least the government uses our road tax payments towards keeping the roads in a good state of repair and pot-hole free...  Oh wait, they don't!

• Like 1

On 26/07/2016 at 2:40 AM, Stoney871 said:

Dunno about that Jamie, they did the road up by me fairly recently, might have been your tax that paid for it :lol:

24 minutes ago, Ianb said:

Dunno about that Jamie, they did the road up by me fairly recently, might have been your tax that paid for it :lol:

Thanks Ian, just rub it in! :rolleyes:

I don't like having to leave shortly for two buses and a train (four hours in total)...  I hate people and, therefore, public transport - so this couldn't really get any worse for me.  At least the drive home should be pleasant!

Four hours!! Yikes, best of luck Jamie. Just try and relax on the train if you can.... takes the stress out of worrying what everyone else is doing!

• Like 1

People watching can be interesting in those situations! :wink: 

As for the tax...my Fiesta ST costs the same to tax as your XUD! :sad:  6 weeks of that covers my Focus for a whole year! :laugh: 

• Like 1

my 1.4 polo 06 plate costs the same as my 1.6 ford focus go figure. personally i do not see why we pay road tax, council tax and then income tax, surely council tax or income tax should cover the costs of the roads. 

A fairer system would be to add it to fuel...  The more fuel you use, the more you pollute the environment and damage the roads.

The emissions based system is daft, I bet in a year (~10k miles) my £30 Focus puts out more CO2 than the £240 Fiesta doing 2k miles in the same time!

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

A fairer system would be to add it to fuel...  The more fuel you use, the more you pollute the environment and damage the roads.

I certainly agree.

But also add it to LPG, and to electricity for charging battery & PHEV cars. They use the roads just as much, and the environmental cost of electricity generation is pretty massive, just tends to be forgotten in all the Hype!

And as for road tolls, it would cost umpteen billions to set up & collect, all wasted money.

Of course, we Dino fuel users already pay a pretty substantial fuel tax, I suspect it covers the road maintenance bill several times over!

• Like 2

I don't like that the post aura migraine headache, vertigo and nausea have entered their third day:sad:  I completely lost the use of yesterday through it.  This time is the longest the after effects have continued for:sad:

It is complete mystery why I suddenly have become a migraine person now :unsure:  Everyone else who gets them, finds it started in childhood and has had them ever since.  aside from a substantial head injury, it is rare thing to develop them out of the blue in adulthood.  Unless it's not what it seems, and is the manifestation of another neurological issue.:sad: 

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The emissions based system is daft, I bet in a year (~10k miles) my £30 Focus puts out more CO2 than the £240 Fiesta doing 2k miles in the same time!

That would be sensible thing to do.  However, politicians and sensible are not bedfellows

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club