Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

personally I just say it should be added to the income tax and scrap this road tax malarkey. it is not more transferable and you still lose a whole month when you get a refund etc. everything about it just does not make sense. 

I also hate when you book a test drive and the sales people are pushy and try to show you offers etc. infact  i hate pushy sales reps in general

• Like 1

1.6 focus powershit transmissions.

Can't say I agree with it being added to income tax... if it is done in a % scale at least.

I don't see why people who are perhaps putting in more overtime or paid more etc should pay more than those not....

Especially when you consider that some of these people may not even be using the road much...

• Like 2

Focus is going next week :-(

However...see the like thread for why...

• Like 1

I'm tired and rather grumpy (why else would I be here!?), so I'll just sum this up in bullet points...

• I don't like buses running late
  • I don't like Scot Rail's self-service ticket machine only giving me one ticket when I ordered two, and then being told that they would have to get an engineer to check the machine before any refund could be made, and that in order to get my second ticket for the train leaving in TEN MINUTES I would have to pay again on the provision that I'd be refunded the original ticket at a later date if/when they found a fault with the machine
  • I don't like Scot Rail's train (when I finally got on it) being delayed by a freight train in front making me 20 minutes late to my destination when I was already pushing it time-wise
  • I don't like my phone's battery dying just as I was using it as a sat nav to find my way home from a strange area (although that turned out OK because I discovered that I can find my own way just using road signs, thus increasing my future confidence in similar situations)
  • And finally, I don't like the impending hassle of selling a used car

I think that about covers it, but there are probably more things I've forgotten about (not a bad thing!).

I don't like saying goodbye to the Santa Fe...  But, it would have needed work for the MOT and there was no way I could keep three cars on the road after buying the GTX. 

Cyclists dawdling along the main road when there is a cycle path running parallel less than 10 feet away!

Cyclists actually using said cycle path but crossing the road at a pedestrian crossing without a) slowing down  and b) dismounting!

Groups of tourist cyclists riding single file along the road spaced out in a long line, too close together to overtake one at a time but too far apart to overtake them all at once!

Cyclists stopping on a blind bend at the top of a hill and speaking to another group of cyclists on the other side of the road!

Cyclists suddenly stopping on the main road and expecting me to pass him when there is oncoming traffic!

Why do these people only come out when I'm in my work truck? 32 tonner 8 wheelers aint exactly the most manoeuvrable on the road and the acceleration is pretty poor as well!

Don't get me wrong, I do like summer up here but the tourists do my head in sometimes :wallbash:

• Like 3

It's the same here Kevin, cyclists everywhere - and I mean EVERYWHERE.  Side of the road, middle of the road, wrong side of the road... :ohmy:

Good thing I'm an alert driver, or else there would have been a few casualties tonight - trust me!

14 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Cyclists dawdling along the main road when there is a cycle path running parallel less than 10 feet away!

Cyclists suddenly stopping on the main road and expecting me to pass him when there is oncoming traffic!

I think it those hats they wear! When they put that on, it has something in it that adjusts their brain, and they lose all normal sense!

Most of them must be drivers also, but once in their bike hat, seem to have no idea about cars or lorries!wacko.png

Can you fit a powerful side facing water cannon, that would move the cyclist effortlessly back into the cycle lane? Your lorry engine would have plenty of power to drive a big pump.laugh.png

I recently had an encounter with a cyclist, who was actually quite considerate, but misdirected. I had to follow him a short distance up a hill, then he stopped at the top. I was not sure if he was admiring the view, but I knew a very steep, narrow, winding descent followed, and I had a trailer, so I would crawl down. So I stopped alongside, to say he had better go first, really. And he got to the bottom about 5 minutes before me. No idea!

It must be a nightmare in a lorry, when they are out in force. And I wonder how much fuel it wastes? Probably more than the cyclist saves by not using a car!

34 minutes ago, Turvey said:

This does my head in!  I live in a 'newish' suburb (built in the 00's) which was built with dualled footpaths and cyclepaths on all main routes...  Yet every single day I have to overtake cyclists on the road next to the cycle path! :mellow:

Its not even like its healthy for them sucking in all our car fumes, and creating even more having to accelerate past them!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Can you fit a powerful side facing water cannon, that would move the cyclist effortlessly back into the cycle lane? Your lorry engine would have plenty of power to drive a big pump.laugh.png

I occasionally drive the big sweeper, I could redirect the side nozzle a wee bit!  :wink:

• Like 3

I've run out of onions again:sad: 

Onions were overlooked when compiling the earlier Tesco shopping list:sad:

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like saying goodbye to the Santa Fe...  But, it would have needed work for the MOT and there was no way I could keep three cars on the road after buying the GTX. 

You sold that pretty quickly! you only got the GTX yesterday

43 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

This does my head in!  I live in a 'newish' suburb (built in the 00's) which was built with dualled footpaths and cyclepaths on all main routes...  Yet every single day I have to overtake cyclists on the road next to the cycle path! :mellow:

Its not even like its healthy for them sucking in all our car fumes, and creating even more having to accelerate past them!

Same down here, it is as rare to see cyclist on their dedicated cyclepaths: as it is to see a BMW indicating:laugh:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GMX said:

it is as rare to see cyclist on their dedicated cyclepaths: as it is to see a BMW indicating

I know someone who is a BMW driver and a keen cyclist. He is a very nice guy, and I have known him for years.

But I have yet to meet him out on the road in either BMW or Cyclist mode, I wonder if I would recognise himohmy.pngph34r.pnglaugh.png

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, GMX said:

Indeed, maybe I should take up motor trading! :laugh:

1 hour ago, GMX said:

I've run out of onions again:sad: 

Onions were overlooked when compiling the earlier Tesco shopping list:sad:

Same down here, it is as rare to see cyclist on their dedicated cyclepaths: as it is to see a BMW indicating:laugh:

COuld you not make up the lack of onions with a suitable replacement?  For example a fine specimen of a courgette?  I think that's what you put in the other thread about your top shelf being full of them.  

On 26/07/2016 at 2:40 AM, Stoney871 said:

I hope you're kidding Matt! I swear if someone substituted anything on my plate for a courgette I'd beat them to within an inch of their life with it!!! Yuuuck!

Snozzcumbers!

• Like 2

Having pros removing my sub from the boot. No depth to the music i play now :sad: 

Imo of course considering the car has 6/8 fully functional Speakers of its own. I'm just used to my bass....

I also don't like I filled up to the brim last night and I get told my date might be moved forward  (yay) but does mean lots of unnecessary journeys coming up lol

I don't like all the clouds of dust that were driven over the fence, on to the Foci, from next door's builders labourer going a bit anal with his blower.  For the past three Friday afternoon he spends most it blowing their dust up and down their garden, and over my fence:sad:  Both Foci have a yellow grey coating:sad:

17 hours ago, Preecematt said:

COuld you not make up the lack of onions with a suitable replacement?  For example a fine specimen of a courgette?  I think that's what you put in the other thread about your top shelf being full of them.  

As the dish in question was courgette pasta bake, it would've been a bit too courgettey to substitute for the missing onion layer. 

10 hours ago, Ianb said:

I hope you're kidding Matt! I swear if someone substituted anything on my plate for a courgette I'd beat them to within an inch of their life with it!!! Yuuuck!

Snozzcumbers!

You not a lover of the juvenile cucurbit then Ian?  Something you share with Brandy

29 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

I also don't like I filled up to the brim last night and I get told my date might be moved forward  (yay) but does mean lots of unnecessary journeys coming up lol

You can always siphon or pump some out into cans, if need be

1 minute ago, GMX said:

I don't like all the clouds of dust that were driven over the fence, on to the Foci, from next door's builders labourer going a bit anal with his blower.  For the past three Friday afternoon he spends most it blowing their dust up and down their garden, and over my fence:sad:  Both Foci have a yellow grey coating:sad:

As the dish in question was courgette pasta bake, it would've been a bit too courgettey to substitute for the missing onion layer. 

You not a lover of the juvenile cucurbit then Ian?  Something you share with Brandy

You can always siphon or pump some out into cans, if need be

Nothing is ever to courgettey lol. 

I don't like the fact that 'times like these' by the mighty Foo Fighters is 14 years old, which in turn makes me feel really old, I don't like that Cheryl has given Ash a man bun, so that has immediately come out lol & I don't like one of those things where you burp and hiccup at the same time.  Ouchy

6 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

I don't like that Cheryl has given Ash a man bun, so that has immediately come out lol

What is a man bun?:unsure:

A sweet confection for men only?  A cake in the shape of a man? A sticky bun with a couple profiteroles arranged like male genitalia? :unsure:

• Like 1

Getting as far as removing a leaky shock and then realising I have these funky spanners in all sizes bar the one I actually need... (13 mm top nut)

...luckily a mate in the village might have one...

IMG_20160729_185253.jpg

22 minutes ago, GMX said:

What is a man bun?:unsure:

A sweet confection for men only?  A cake in the shape of a man? A sticky bun with a couple profiteroles arranged like male genitalia? :unsure:

A man bun is when a lad decides he is going to be a complete fairy and in thorough need of a damn good thrashing.  I hate them with a passion and everytime I see a boy with them and feel like knocking some sense into them.  It's basically a womans hair bun, on a boy(not condoning it/them by calling them men)

• Like 1

What is a man bun?unsure.png

A sweet confection for men only?  A cake in the shape of a man? A sticky bun with a couple profiteroles arranged like male genitalia? unsure.png

A man bun is when a lad decides he is going to be a complete fairy and in thorough need of a damn good thrashing.  I hate them with a passion and everytime I see a boy with them and feel like knocking some sense into them.  It's basically a womans hair bun, on a boy(not condoning it/them by calling them men)

I agree it is bullocks

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1