Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

10 hours ago, GMX said:

I'm still being visited upon by feasting biting flying insects whenever I irrigate the vegetables, they're all favouring the same body area:sad:  i now have 19 bites, in varying stages, from recently pierced by mouthparts and itchy, through to irksome lumpy but not itchy  to healing up nicely.

Can't say I ever have.

It would seem Tom and I are the exceptions, to personal naming cars.

Perhaps the irritability is connected with the casual spiders invasion.:unsure:

Have you tried a spider vacuum?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/No-Harm-Trap-Insect-Spider-Bug-buster-Insect-LED-Catcher-collecting-Vacuum-Bug-8/112002825280?_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226&_trkparms=aid%3D555014%26algo%3DPL.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20151005190540%26meid%3D86de64abaf644fec80e280059c6401f0%26pid%3D100505%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26

or a spider catcher?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Humane-Spider-Catcher-Trap-spiders-and-insects-at-arms-length/252364152021?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D37474%26meid%3Dff5e3fb8e68148c4b90c92a7b282716d%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D151532504526

or a spider hunting Bunty?

bunty1.jpg

I don't mind getting rid of them too much, it's either a splat in toilet roll or sucked up the Henry - size dependant lol, I'll happily leave them outside but if they invade my personal space they won't make that mistake twice!!  I just don't want them to come in in the first place, not sure how I could do that without hermetically sealing the entire flat and never opening a door or window though... :unsure: 

8 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I don't like the time it takes for a "house" purchase to go through, I've never been good at waiting for things. :(

I use house in the loosest sense, as it is actually a 1 bed leasehold flat, lol.

Oh and I've never named any of my cars either...

'Buying' always seems to take ages!  When I rented for the first time, I viewed the place at the weekend, left a deposit on the Tuesday and moved in the following Monday!  I guess there's a lot more paperwork with mortgages etc though!  It'll be worth it when you do finally move out though!! :smile: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

sucked up the Henry

That won't deter them for long, nor will flushing them down the plughole!

They will soon be back, bigger & meaner than before.ohmy.png

We are a Two Henry household, but even that does not put them off.

You could try capturing them in one of those long handled spider catchers, them taking them on a long drive to some remote place. Not very efficient, but an excuse for a nice drive out into the country in the Focus or ST ?biggrin.png

• Like 4

Well I'm hoping the vacuum (as in the lack of air) suffocates them in the Henry... :unsure: 

Don't like not having a designated driver (gf lol) for my party today, means I either have to drive myself and not drink (boring), or take the train, which is a 1hr45min journey, which can be done in one hour by car. Booooo. Lol.

14 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

We are a Two Henry household, but even that does not put them off.

I have two complete Dysons (DC01 and DC07 animal) and several incomplete DC01s (for spares) The later DC07 isn't as good as the much earlier DC01.  i only bought the DC07 for the the turbo brush (which wont fit on to the DC01). for Brandy's embedded in the car carpet loose fur.

Although neither of them can compare to my Vaportek 3500 steam vacuum, for embedded fur removal, it can outsuck a pallet of Dysons, on it's lowest setting:smile:

However, Jamie (jmurray01) is the authority on FOC on vacuums with his vacuum cleaner collection:smile:

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Well I'm hoping the vacuum (as in the lack of air) suffocates them in the Henry... :unsure: 

Houseflies are only stunned temporarily when vacuumed up (with a Dyson, nothing survives with the Vaportek).  As soon as I dump my dust in the compost bin, they are seen to awaken, struggle to clamber out of the fluff, and on to freedom before I put the lid back on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Incontro said:

Don't like not having a designated driver (gf lol) for my party today, means I either have to drive myself and not drink (boring), or take the train, which is a 1hr45min journey, which can be done in one hour by car. Booooo. Lol.

Can't you find a mate with designated girlfriend driver and go with them?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GMX said:

nothing survives with the Vaportek

I had a look for that, it seems a quite serious bit of kit. I assume it sends hot steam (it says dry, which is over 100C), to the head, then sucks back whatever it lifts / kills / destroys / disinfects back to the unit. Poor spiders! (should any stray into its path.) But at least it will be quick!

I don't hugely like destroying the web of my driver's Focus_Wing_Mirror_Spider today, though it did not spoil my day! I am sure it will soon weave another. And it spun it less than a week after my car got its annual wash. Washing cars that drive around the country lanes of Dorset is an almost complete waste of effort except in the driest, un-muddiest weather!wacko.png

But it was a very nice web. Despite being attached to the curved window & door, and the angled mirror, it was a beautifully symmetrical and even spiral. smile.png

I don't like waking up at 5.30 again :taz: with nothing to do but wait for my husband to get up (he's up now btw) 

• Like 1

I don't like waking up to look in the bathroom mirror and seeing my left eye is totally red with blood. Damn you warferin.

@laumk7 Bet you kept going in and out the bedroom placing heavy things on the bed or sending the cats in to get him up, like my wife does.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GMX said:

Can't you find a mate with designated girlfriend driver and go with them?

Unfortunately nobody lives in my neck of the woods (down in Surrey). Was offered to crash on the couch, but politely declined lol.

14 minutes ago, Joss max said:

Bet you kept going in and out the bedroom placing heavy things on the bed or sending the cats in to get him up, like my wife does.

Lol would I do such a thing?:biggrin:

Don't forget sitting there playing on my tablet, sound on naturally :wink:

• Like 1

I hear a whispered "get dad up" followed by 3 dogs thundering in to wake me up.

Lie-in's are a luxury I never get, not with 3 needy canines jumping all over me.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 3

I don't like that my lower left quadrant pain has intensifed to wincing eye watering stabbing like sensation, which I'd rate about 8 on the paramedics pain scale with a background pain of about 5.:sad::sad:  I no longer think that it's connected with the mosquito bites, it's a bit too intense to be the after effects of a few bites.:ohmy:  It is very similar to some unexplained pain I acquired in 2012 and again in 2013, which involved a trip to A&E in an ambulance, but all the tests they ran then came back negative. They said they had no idea then, as to the cause, or indeed what it might be.

12 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

I had a look for that, it seems a quite serious bit of kit. I assume it sends hot steam (it says dry, which is over 100C), to the head, then sucks back whatever it lifts / kills / destroys / disinfects back to the unit. Poor spiders! (should any stray into its path.) But at least it will be quick!

Back on in 2010, Brandy managed to get a particularly bad spider mite infestation, she was so itchy she'd made herself bald very quickly in several places. In addition to the various mediations and bathing solutions. The vet said I'd need to sterilise the house by hiring a commercial dry steam cleaner.  The cost difference between hiring one and buying one outright was only a couple of hundred.  I opted to buy one, in case she ever had it again.  At the time, the Vatortek was the only one that was certified to kill MRSA, not that we had it in the house.

2 hours ago, laumk7 said:

I don't like waking up at 5.30 again :taz: with nothing to do but wait for my husband to get up (he's up now btw) 

My late maternal Grandad always got up at 4:15am, after an hour or so pottering, which included lighting a rather smoky bonfire in the garden:ohmy:. He would then bring everyone in the house (whether they wanted it or not) a cup of milky weak tea, and then wake them up to drink it.  10 minutes later, he would revisit everyone and ensure they had drunk their tea. re-awakening those who'd gone back to sleep:ohmy: This continued until everyone had emptied their cups:ohmy:

The family used to reckon it stemmed from his army days, the 4:15am rising might: I don't think the smokey bonfires and the enforced weak milky tea was though. :laugh:

2 hours ago, Joss max said:

I don't like waking up to look in the bathroom mirror and seeing my left eye is totally red with blood. Damn you warferin.

When my Dad was on Wafarin, he used to get that from time to time, and of course the bleeding for hours after the most minor nicks:sad:

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

I hear a whispered "get dad up" followed by 3 dogs thundering in to wake me up.

Lie-in's are a luxury I never get, not with 3 needy canines jumping all over me.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Your three sleep elsewhere then?

Brandy would howl and howl all night, if she found herself in a different room.  She has her duvet laid on top of mine on the wall side with her various cuddly toys (dogs mainly)

On those rare occasions when she wants something and I'm still asleep.  Most of the time I awake before she does.

To start with, she'll poke me with a paw and then go and wag by the door, essentially drumming with her tail.  When that has failed to wake me, she adds nose lunges to the pawing and tail drumming.  If I try to ignore that, she adds jumping on to my part of the duvet .  Her final thing is drag the duvet off me and take it over to the door and utter a "get up I have needs" woof:laugh:

The working pair officially have a job supplied kennel in the back yard but more often than not sleep in the house.

All 3 have their favourite sleeping spots around the house.

Willow sleeps near the hall guarding the front door/kitchen, Jed guards the top of the stairs and Jake guards my feet when we're in bed.

They do sometimes co-habit when it gets colder but tend to prefer their own space.

Occasionally they share the bed but only when either Wifey or I am not there.

Not nearly enough room for all 5 of us in one go although they do try sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 3

I don't like practically wasting my whole Sunday!  Woke up feeling ill due to the effects of a "few" too many drinks last night, which was understandable, but it then progressed to a full-on migraine which put me in my bed all afternoon. 

So much for getting things done and having a productive day before going back to hell for the next two days. 

• Like 1

I don't like connecting the Yuasa battery to find that is it completely dead.  Not just a little bit low like I expected, but 100% effing dead!!

I connected the jump leads to the other 405 to see if it would respond to power, but the leads alone didn't transfer enough power to start it and after disconnecting all power was lost again, so it didn't take even a tiny charge to power the interior light. 

If I hadn't re-connected the old battery (which has a small amount of charge) to test the system, I would have sworn that it was a connection issue, but it isn't.  All connections are clean and it is just that battery.

What completely boils my blood is the fact I drove over 200 miles round trip to get it (because it was a "bargain" and cheaper than going to Halfords) and now no longer have the seller's number.  Lets face it though, even if I could contact them, being a Gumtree purchase there would be no refund unless I could return it, and it sure as hell isn't worth doing that.

So, I'm still in the same situation as before with a non-functioning GTX, only now I am £50 (plus diesel) out of pocket! :megangry:  :wallbash:

• Like 1

I don't like Bunty coming in for her tea with bloodstained fur on her right paw, and a slight limp:sad:

She was not too co-operative as I tried to examine it, amidst the wriggling I couldn't see exactly where she was bleeding from amidst the fur.  It wasn't coming from her pads I could tell, but from what is essentially her forearm:mellow: 

Conveniently, two houses along, a neighbour is a vet, who is quite happy to triage neighbourhood animal injuries.  She aided Brandy when she took a tumble down the stairs:smile:Text message with photo sent and within seconds my neighbour came round with her doctors bag and also her daughter.  I cradled Bunty,  whilst she examined the paw and her daughter distracted Brandy by hand feeding her sprats.  It's not as serious as I had feared, she's essentially torn her dew claw skin where it meets the paw. She (vet) gave her (Bunty) an anti-biotic injection and some bleeding stop powder (whose name I can't remember; Brandy has some in her first aid box that Clive recommended) and me a note to take to Bunty's own vet, stating what she's given her.

25 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like connecting the Yuasa battery to find that is it completely dead.  Not just a little bit low like I expected, but 100% effing dead!!

I connected the jump leads to the other 405 to see if it would respond to power, but the leads alone didn't transfer enough power to start it and after disconnecting all power was lost again, so it didn't take even a tiny charge to power the interior light. 

If I hadn't re-connected the old battery (which has a small amount of charge) to test the system, I would have sworn that it was a connection issue, but it isn't.  All connections are clean and it is just that battery.

What completely boils my blood is the fact I drove over 200 miles round trip to get it (because it was a "bargain" and cheaper than going to Halfords) and now no longer have the seller's number.  Lets face it though, even if I could contact them, being a Gumtree purchase there would be no refund unless I could return it, and it sure as hell isn't worth doing that.

So, I'm still in the same situation as before with a non-functioning GTX, only now I am £50 (plus diesel) out of pocket! :megangry:  :wallbash:

Have you got an intelligent/smart battery charger?  The should be a de-sulphitation/restoration program on it.:smile:

I've bought two completely dead batteries (waiting to go to the recycling centre) back now with my Ctek MXS10. 

45 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Which is why you test/check goods before you purchase them, because gumtree and the likes are full of scummy sellers :) I know this doesn't help now (and I'm really sorry that it happened), but hopefully won't happen again mate. 

49 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Which is why you test/check goods before you purchase them, because gumtree and the likes are full of scummy sellers :) I know this doesn't help now (and I'm really sorry that it happened), but hopefully won't happen again mate. 

Oh I know, my anger is at how stupid I was!  The seller was respectable though, and as she'd never fitted it I think she was as clueless as me.  Either way, there's no point wasting any more time thinking about it or getting myself riled up.  Just got to put it down to experience and move on.

I do need to buy a multi-meter though, as not having one of those I'd have had no way to test it even if I wanted to.

• Like 1

I don't like how yesterday went, to be more precise yesterday morning.  Carting bales & the other lad had 6 fall off the back of his trailer(lucky I was behind him) and 2 miles up the road my load decides it doesn't like the trailer anymore.  SO anyway started work at 6 yesterday(after finishing at 1am from milking) Come back home for a dump, then leave to go milking again.  And then today, I only worked until 12 as I was knackered.  Supposed to be my weekend off and I've had to work it milking cows for my work and then driving a tractor for my father in law.  

1 hour ago, GMX said:

Have you got an intelligent/smart battery charger?  The should be a de-sulphitation/restoration program on it.:smile:

I've bought two completely dead batteries (waiting to go to the recycling centre) back now with my Ctek MXS10. 

Nope, I only have a basic 4-AMP charger which almost set itself on fire last time I used it... :ohmy:

I really need to get myself some decent car supplies (full tool kit, booster pack, battery charger, multi-meter etc...) but I just don't have the spare money.  Hopefully that'll change soon though as I've got a few job ideas that can be put to fruition now I have my licence.  Not going to make me rich my any means, but should be enough to get out of the "counting the pennies" situation I am in currenty.

12 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Willow sleeps near the hall guarding the front door/kitchen, Jed guards the top of the stairs and Jake guards my feet when we're in bed.

I bet you don't get many nocturnal burglarsph34r.pnglaugh.png

They wouldn't get far undetected: Two trained working dogs & a guard dog as added bonus. No chance!

• Like 2

I don't like not being able to find decaf black coffee sachets anywhere, the new coffee machine at work (klix eww) has only 3 decaf choices: white coffee, tomato soup (?) Or orange squash. 

I had to settle for rombouts decaf coffee mini filters in the end 

Lending my car to the in-laws.....

I genuinely can't believe how careless they've been, I'm sure it will buff out but I'm actually speechless of how little a **** they give about cars...

IMG_20160815_123409496_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160815_123249152_HDR.jpg

1 hour ago, laumk7 said:

I don't like not being able to find decaf black coffee sachets anywhere, the new coffee machine at work (klix eww) has only 3 decaf choices: white coffee, tomato soup (?) Or orange squash. 

I had to settle for rombouts decaf coffee mini filters in the end 

If it's instant stuff then there is choices at wholesalers if you have access, otherwise one thing my mum and dad do is carry around some Taylor's ground decaf coffee that is in like giant tea bags... It's really nice, it's probably not a financially sound or viable choice for a continuous every day thing, but it's in their camper gear for when one fancies a coffee and the other wants a tea.... Boil the kettle, throw a bag into a mug and add the water like a normal cup of tea....

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club