Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like the neatly packed contents of my bag for life getting strewn around the car while braking and swerving to avoid T-boning yet another roundabout cutter right outside Tesco!  She did mouth 'sorry' with a look as if she needed fresh underwear, which is more than most of the oblivious fools, but honestly, how hard is it to not pull out when another car is coming...? :unsure: 

On a lighter note, I don't like chuckling like an idiot in Tesco when the assistant tried to move a bakery tray/shelf and it sounded like genuine flatulence, she kept stopping and starting, moving it slower and faster to try to stop the noise but to no avail...  I was just about keeping a straight face until she tried to cover it up by saying 'oh, that seems a little squeaky today'... :lol:  I had to leave the area! :laugh: 

• Like 2

I don't like losing close to a whole actual day and a whole working day with a migraine:sad:  As a consequence, Brandy didn't get last night's evening stroll nor this morning's stroll, and I've just emptied the cat's multiple litter trays:sad:  It seems to be on the wane now, so I can get on with what I should've done albeit almost 24 hours later.

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like the neatly packed contents of my bag for life getting strewn around the car while braking and swerving to avoid T-boning yet another roundabout cutter right outside

Is your neatly stacked bag for life, on the seats or in the boot?

When I shop with the Mk2, the shopping is on the back seat, Brandy is in the cargo bay in her crate.  My bags are restrained with the seat belts or wedged in with packs of kitchen/loo rolls (if it was a roll purchasing trip)  Whereas with the Mk1, they're in the boot, Brandy is on the back seat.  I use bungee cords to bind together in a big mass of bags which is less likely to move about, however erratic fools on roundabouts and others who don't get "merge in turn" are.

I don't like lorries, another one tried to take me out today, getting in the left turn only Lane and going straight Ahead! :shock:

6 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

I don't like lorries, another one tried to take me out today, getting in the left turn only Lane and going straight Ahead! :shock:

Christ!  Driving with you must be like being in a real life version of the film "Duel"!!

• Like 1

I don't like being threatened with disciplinary action by my manager for something completely outwith my control!!  Apparently the amount of transfers I make and my average handling time for calls is "far too high". 

Umm...  So what am I meant to do?  Tell a customer "sorry, you need to speak to another department to solve your problem, but I can't transfer you because I've reached my quota for the day", or "sorry, I know you have a few issues which will require 10-15 minutes to resolve, but I can only speak with you for 7 minutes because I can't go over the AHT target". 

The woman is absolutely nuts, as is the company as a whole.  And they wonder why half the workforce are signed off sick!!

If she actually carries out this threat I can assure you that my union rep will be getting involved.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GMX said:

I don't like losing close to a whole actual day and a whole working day with a migraine:sad:  As a consequence, Brandy didn't get last night's evening stroll nor this morning's stroll, and I've just emptied the cat's multiple litter trays:sad:  It seems to be on the wane now, so I can get on with what I should've done albeit almost 24 hours later.

Is your neatly stacked bag for life, on the seats or in the boot?

When I shop with the Mk2, the shopping is on the back seat, Brandy is in the cargo bay in her crate.  My bags are restrained with the seat belts or wedged in with packs of kitchen/loo rolls (if it was a roll purchasing trip)  Whereas with the Mk1, they're in the boot, Brandy is on the back seat.  I use bungee cords to bind together in a big mass of bags which is less likely to move about, however erratic fools on roundabouts and others who don't get "merge in turn" are.

On the seat in the Fiesta.  Sadly it doesn't have the boot hooks like the Focus, which means it doesn't even survive leaving the car park in the boot!  Front seat and angled backwards is usually enough for general drives but not a harsh brake it seems!

When I shop in the focus it goes in the boot with the handles around a hook, very rarely have grocery spillage s in there.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

No doubt, blindly following his satnav and not looking at his actual surroundings.:ohmy:

My mate with an egg farm, gets them driving through his yard and then getting stuck in the narrow farm tracks beyond.  He also gets reps in BMWs and Audis (mainly) going that little bit further up the track, and either driving into the river or getting stuck on the bank: having only just realised that it was not navigable road!  Despite the big sign he had erected by the turning  "Not suitable for motor vehicles - Farm Access Only" they still come through from time to time! :wallbash:

It's usually when the A338 has a blockage and they've asked the satnav for an alternative direct route, that it occurs.  Whilst that farm track was once a navigable road many years ago, when his Grandad farmed there, The river is now a lot deeper than it was then.  The satnav companies appear be using OS data from the turn of the 20th century for that particular track.

When he goes to their rescue, they all say, they were following the satnav instructions and weren't really looking at where they were!:unsure: 

• Like 1

I don't like being threatened with disciplinary action by my manager for something completely outwith my control!!  Apparently the amount of transfers I make and my average handling time for calls is "far too high". 

Umm...  So what am I meant to do?  Tell a customer "sorry, you need to speak to another department to solve your problem, but I can't transfer you because I've reached my quota for the day", or "sorry, I know you have a few issues which will require 10-15 minutes to resolve, but I can only speak with you for 7 minutes because I can't go over the AHT target". 

The woman is absolutely nuts, as is the company as a whole.  And they wonder why half the workforce are signed off sick!!

If she actually carries out this threat I can assure you that my union rep will be getting involved.

Reminds me of when I worked at McDonald's and would get moaned at by managers whilst on till because orders were taking too long because the food hadn't been cooked.

There was even one occasion where a manager was having a go at the lad that was on chicken late one night as he couldn't keep up with the number of orders we were getting, then moaned at me for my order times being too long immediately after!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't like being told by my insurers the the other car I hit the other week is likely to be a total loss due to its age :sad:

It counts worse for me when I have to declare result of accident 'write off' on insurance forms, and poor bloke, I Googled on autotrader and his car is coming back average 195 - 800 :sad:

• Like 1

I also don't like my car seems to challenge the masculinity of even the most laid back driver! My car sounds like that because that's what it sounds like, I am not I repeat NOT a boy racer! I don't wish to race everyone I meet, neither do I appreciate you so far up my backside you're virtually sitting in my back seats :angry:

• Like 3

I don't finding a small pile of moist furballs deposited by the toaster:sad: 

I wonder why Bunty walked all the way round the worktops to deposit them there?:unsure:  Admittedly it raining, and she doesn't like getting wet, but usually on such days, she'll leave them between the washing machine and her flap:unsure:

The unexplained internet outage that I've had on my connection for the last 2½ hours:sad:

Absolutely nothing on Timicos status page, either. In fact there appears to be no sudden or planned outages on the whole of their network, today:unsure:

7 hours ago, laumk7 said:

I also don't like my car seems to challenge the masculinity of even the most laid back driver! My car sounds like that because that's what it sounds like, I am not I repeat NOT a boy racer! I don't wish to race everyone I meet, neither do I appreciate you so far up my backside you're virtually sitting in my back seats :angry:

The same thing happens to me, but not because people think I am a racer, rather the opposite!  They see an old estate and assume that I'll be driving slowly, then when I actually speed up they still feel the need to tailgate/get past no matter what.

I get that too Jamie, often get pulled out on! People obviously assume that because I have L plates on I will drive at 12mph everywhere...:dry:  Rather the opposite actually, I drive at the speed limit all the time!

I don't like the mock driving test I had today, obviously I failed terrible parallel parking and rolled back on a hill) but the weather was awful and it was very intense. Good practice though and my instructor (surprisingly) said I did very well for my first practice. Hopefully will be on track for the real thing!

Don't like how knackered I am.  DIdn't have a weekend off as ended up working it for my in law & I've been put on all 3 milkings for the whole of a 12 day fortnight.  I am past exhausted.  5am until Midnight with only 2 hours for break(lunch & dinner) really is taking it's toll on me, last time I had a lie in/morning off was about 3 weeks ago and last time I had a day off was30th of July .  I;ve forgotten what my wife & kids look like.  Oh well at this rate it won't be long before I'm dead.  On a plus note it does amuse me when people moan about doing 50 hours  a week/ starting early and I just reel my hours off and it shuts them up, pencil pushers

2 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

I get that too Jamie, often get pulled out on! People obviously assume that because I have L plates on I will drive at 12mph everywhere...:dry:  Rather the opposite actually, I drive at the speed limit all the time!

I don't like the mock driving test I had today, obviously I failed terrible parallel parking and rolled back on a hill) but the weather was awful and it was very intense. Good practice though and my instructor (surprisingly) said I did very well for my first practice. Hopefully will be on track for the real thing!

I can empathise with that!  It must have been really bad to cause a fail though, as mine was atrocious but only got a minor as it wasn't dangerous, just pathetic! :laugh:

Thinking about it, I didn't do a single mock test...  The most I did to prepare was a few parallel parks the night before my test, which I actually did quite well.  Then I did one on the actual test and made a fool of myself!  Due to a couple of things not going to plan on the day I didn't even have time to drive around the test area, so I literally got to the centre just on time and began the test with no "warm up".  

Obviously it worked out for the best though. 

I take it that you have decided to do your test in the Focus then?

I don't like finding a gritty tennis ball suspiciously close to the Mk2, did it bounce on it, with it's sandpaper like fur, before coming to a stop on my drive?:sad::unsure: 

I also found a football in the rhubarb and another by the compost tumbler; but neither have paintwork that can be scratched, next door's toddler seems to have spent the evening losing his balls over the fence.

Also don't like that Brandy is showing some elderly dog signs again, her hips aren't what they were. She had a rear end collapse whilst peeing and consequently ended up sitting in her puddle, in mid flow.:sad:  Her tail got soaked:sad:

I had to bath her, which she wasn't too happy about, the bathing she doesn't mind: it's the being picked up and getting put in the bath she objects to.

Seeing awesome alloys/rims on a car but they've been curbed

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I can empathise with that!  It must have been really bad to cause a fail though, as mine was atrocious but only got a minor as it wasn't dangerous, just pathetic! :laugh:

Thinking about it, I didn't do a single mock test...  The most I did to prepare was a few parallel parks the night before my test, which I actually did quite well.  Then I did one on the actual test and made a fool of myself!  Due to a couple of things not going to plan on the day I didn't even have time to drive around the test area, so I literally got to the centre just on time and began the test with no "warm up".  

Obviously it worked out for the best though.

I take it that you have decided to do your test in the Focus then?

Yes it was awful! I forgot to lower my wing mirror so couldn't see the kerb and ended up on the pavement...:dry: Apparently they don't like that! :laugh: To be fair I've only ever done 2 parallel parks in my life so doing one completely on my own under test conditions  was a big step. Just need to practice! It was interesting to see my smile and chatty instructor turn into a straight faced examiner though. Took me a few minutes before I took it seriously! 

Yes I will do it in the Focus. As i said just need to practice the maneuvers and hill starts. 

56 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Yes it was awful! I forgot to lower my wing mirror so couldn't see the kerb and ended up on the pavement...:dry: Apparently they don't like that! :laugh: To be fair I've only ever done 2 parallel parks in my life so doing one completely on my own under test conditions  was a big step. Just need to practice! It was interesting to see my smile and chatty instructor turn into a straight faced examiner though. Took me a few minutes before I took it seriously! 

Yes I will do it in the Focus. As i said just need to practice the maneuvers and hill starts. 

That explains it!  The trick is to go slow enough so that even if you hit the kerb, you do so gently enough that you won't mount it and could go forward and reverse again without getting a serious fault. I touched the kerb twice during my parallel park, but because it was slow enough I got away with it.

Lowering my mirror wasn't an option, as although the GTX has electric mirrors, the N/S is completely dead and I didn't fancy leaning over the examiner to manually move the glass :laugh:

If the visibility is as bad in the Mk3 as it is in the Mk2.5 I'm not surprised you made a mess of parallel parking it!

I can get between 2 cars and against a fence no problem...but when it's just a path on the nearside and no cars to go between can take a couple of attempts to get it close.  Must admit I haven't accidentally mounted the kerb though, too worried about kerbing alloys so I tend to go the other way instead lol.

If the visibility is as bad in the Mk3 as it is in the Mk2.5 I'm not surprised you made a mess of parallel parking it!

I can get between 2 cars and against a fence no problem...but when it's just a path on the nearside and no cars to go between can take a couple of attempts to get it close.  Must admit I haven't accidentally mounted the kerb though, too worried about kerbing alloys so I tend to go the other way instead lol.

I just tilt my wing mirror down and then am okay

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I don't like morons that stand on the very edge of the curb waiting to cross, their feet right at the edge, their bag and contents slightly over the edge.... all causing me to clip the kerb on an island, yell some angry obscenities at them and then drive off to inspect my wheel. Next time I'm taking your bag out of your hands and anything else protruding into my path!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

That explains it!  The trick is to go slow enough so that even if you hit the kerb, you do so gently enough that you won't mount it and could go forward and reverse again without getting a serious fault. I touched the kerb twice during my parallel park, but because it was slow enough I got away with it.

Lowering my mirror wasn't an option, as although the GTX has electric mirrors, the N/S is completely dead and I didn't fancy leaning over the examiner to manually move the glass :laugh:

Yeah I went too fast too, it was pouring with rain and the nerves got to me! I'll do some practicing on Tuesday before i go to Cyprus.

The visibility is fine, I just need to take a more relaxed and slower approach!

I can parallel park without adjusting mirrors *polishes halo*lol

The 'best' one yet was parallel parking in a space barely bigger than the car outside the hospital in my old mk3 Mondeo.  I was tested way back on parallel parking so learnt a few tips and tricks along the way

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club