Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

On 18/08/2016 at 4:33 PM, jmurray01 said:

Christ!  Driving with you must be like being in a real life version of the film "Duel"!!

I had to ask my husband about that film lol, but yeh I see where you're coming from lol

• Like 1

I don't like finding the blueberry bushes in tubs have been blown over, that's one hell of gust to blow a big bush in a 40cm tub over:ohmy:  They can withstand Brandy barging into them without toppling: but not today's wind it seems:sad:

It's a good job I replaced all the chains on the tomato hanging baskets with chains of 3mm wire diameter.  They're more than just swinging about: they're being blown in 180° arcs:ohmy:  Any loopers on the tomato plant will have motion sickness:laugh:

3 hours ago, Ianb said:

I don't like morons that stand on the very edge of the curb waiting to cross, their feet right at the edge, their bag and contents slightly over the edge.... all causing me to clip the kerb on an island, yell some angry obscenities at them and then drive off to inspect my wheel. Next time I'm taking your bag out of your hands and anything else protruding into my path!

That reminds of something we saw once, on the way back from the vets, three cars behind me, in lane 1 at a traffic light controlled junction. Lane 1 is a left turn only.

There was a bike trying to weave through the traffic indicating he wanted to go left. at the junction.  As he was just about to slip alongside a Golf, three bag laden shoppers walked  right up to the edge of the kerb, stood on the kerb but had their bags swinging over the kerb.:ohmy:  He swerved slightly to avoid the bags but had no where to go, and slammed into the Golf's mirror and then fell off. :sad:

The Golf driver got out, helped the biker to his feet and made sure he wasn't injured. He then marched over to the shoppers and grabbed their bags and hurled them into the adjacent recreation ground over the fence.:laugh:  I didn't see what the aftermath was, as the lights changed

• Like 2

getting a penalty notice for going in the wrong direction still baffled

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Yeah I went too fast too, it was pouring with rain and the nerves got to me! I'll do some practicing on Tuesday before i go to Cyprus.

The visibility is fine, I just need to take a more relaxed and slower approach!

Yep, as my old instructor used to say to me (repeatedly) on every lesson - SLOW DOWN! :laugh:

True though.

I don't like driving home with this on my windscreen! WP_20160820_15_57_35_Pro.jpg

I had convinced myself at one point (not having inspected it before leaving work) it was two stone chips and spent ten minutes cursing it to happen just before the MOT. 

Thankfully when I arrived home and got out I discovered it was the result of parking under a tree at work.  Tree sap!!  Sticky stuff, but got it off with the help of Windolene, and it gave me an excuse to give the entire windscreen a good clean which wasn't a bad thing.

I don't like my car looking like it's been scratched already!

• Like 1

I've just returned from restocking Brandy's chicken carcases, tripe and neck and on the return journey some tomato food from the nursery.  Since the middle of A349 has been closed, it's been remarkably awkward to get anywhere without going miles out of the way.  Worse still during the working week when the volume of idiots multiplies.

I thought it being late Saturday afternoon, with a lack of commuters, lack people ferrying kids around, the idiot factor on A31 would've been non existent.

I was wrong:sad:  The idiots were out in force:sad:

First, on the main road out of Corfe Mullen, we had the erratic BMW 325 immediately in front, who seemed to be messing about, seeing how slow he could go where it was too hazardous to overtake: and then accelerating rapidly when it wasn't; like he wanted to be raced now:sad:

Once we on the A31, we had a very slothful "I don't think I'll exceed 20mph and I'll weave like a sine wave, to prevent normal drivers getting past me, safely"  white Honda man, that had created a massive tailback.for over a mile :sad: Fortunately for everyone on A31, he took the Colehill exit. 

Having restocked and left West Moors, it was as we approached the edge of Ferndown, at  a roundabout, that we observed a yellow MR2 who without warning stopped dead on it, causing a Mondeo coming in behind to have to swerve off the roundabout and drive across the verge.:sad:  The MR2 then took the same exit to the slip road to the A31 westbound, exactly where we going. :mellow::unsure:

We both increased our speed to NSL in anticipation of joining the A31, and then he stopped dead:shocking:, with a bit of a straight skid on lane merging broken lines. As if he'd confused the road marking for a mandatory stop. The slip road isn't a double laned one:ohmy: I had the instant choice to pass on his nearside, with my nearside on the shrubby verge; hoping he wasn't going to turn into my path:unsure: or pass on his offside with my offside partially on the grassy verge with some debris on it.  The gap was too short to brake without hitting him albeit softly

I opted for the latter, for I was in the Mk1 and it's Zetec. The Mk1's geometry is much better at throwing it round obstacles I've found with other idiot encounters.

1 hour ago, laumk7 said:

I don't like my car looking like it's been scratched already!

Oooh no,:jawdrop:

What's happened?:sad:

Someone must've pushed past it in the car park with one of those hemp bags or something, it's left a minor scratch on the wheel arch which I hope polishes out when it dries up weather wise :sad:

I've only had it a week!

31 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

Someone must've pushed past it in the car park with one of those hemp bags or something, it's left a minor scratch on the wheel arch which I hope polishes out when it dries up weather wise :sad:

I've only had it a week!

If I was in your shoes, I'd be really tempted to buy a cheap 500 pound car, to drive to the supermarket. Who cares if someone scratches it lol.

Sounds like the usual drivers in my area Ghana, although even they aren't normally as bad as that MR2! 

I don't like getting a flat tyre 15 miles from home! "Just fit the spare" you may advise, and I would... If the previous owner included the wheel wrench!! So, I'm currently awaiting my mother coming in the other 405, hoping that either it has a wheel wrench or that the local Tesco will have one.

It's just typical, especially when I was talking about somebody else popping a tyre on a sharp kerb the other day, and now it happens to me!

WP_20160821_17_09_04_Pro.jpg

WP_20160821_17_09_07_Pro.jpg

I definitely don't like returning home without my car!  The wrench (original, I might add) in the Quasar is 17mm diameter, when both it and the GTX have 19mm lug nuts!!  So either both cars were meant to have 17mm nuts, or Peugeot put the wrong size wrenches in the 405s!!

Either way, the only alternative was to buy a 19mm wrench, but as Tesco didn't stock it, and no other shops were open on a Sunday evening, I had no choice but to lock it up (in a rather dodgy area of Buckie, as my "luck" would have it) and leave for home in the other car with my mother, who fortunately had not yet consumed any alcohol (a rarity, trust me) so could "rescue" me.

Needless to say, I'm rather peed off and now have to find a 19mm wrench (which won't be a problem as I'm sure my local B&M had one the last time I was in) tomorrow and go back to Buckie after work and change the tyre. 

The result is wasted diesel, wasted time, and a wasted tyre which still had plenty of tread left but thanks to me being an idiot and mounting a kerb on the sidewall, it is beyond repair. 

I was doing a U-turn and thought that I could get around without hitting the kerb like I have done successfully in that spot before, but this time I must have been at a slightly less advantageous angle and it hit it right on a sharp edge of concrete, piercing through the sidewall.

WELL DONE JAMIE!! :angry:

• Like 1

Ahhh mate I can really empathise,  been in a similar position myself years back now. I developed a flat through a nail or something similar but couldn't get the sodding wheel off as they'd tightened the nuts so tight you needed (in the end) a breaker bar to move them! (Cue my ex). So there's me abandoned for hours on end whilst my husband had to drive the 125miles to where I was in London. He'd along brought my spare set of steelies so I didn't have drive mismatched, but broke the wheel wrench trying to release the second wheels nuts. My ex had since gone home so abandoned again, meant driving back at 50mph, and on the m25/m4 interchange  that's no fun let me tell you! 

I hope you can get it sorted tomorrow morning,  let us know x

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

Ahhh mate I can really empathise,  been in a similar position myself years back now. I developed a flat through a nail or something similar but couldn't get the sodding wheel off as they'd tightened the nuts so tight you needed (in the end) a breaker bar to move them! (Cue my ex). So there's me abandoned for hours on end whilst my husband had to drive the 125miles to where I was in London. He'd along brought my spare set of steelies so I didn't have drive mismatched, but broke the wheel wrench trying to release the second wheels nuts. My ex had since gone home so abandoned again, meant driving back at 50mph, and on the m25/m4 interchange  that's no fun let me tell you! 

I hope you can get it sorted tomorrow morning,  let us know x

Well, that makes my situation look a lot better!  At least I was only half an hour away from home and could leave the car there. 

The GTX only has a steel spare (although full size with a brand new Fulda tyre) but given there are no motorways in my area, it'll be fine up to 60, the only issue being it may be out of balance. 

The front tyres on that car were mismatched anyway (although both had good treads), so it'll be an excuse to get two new matching tyres.  Where the money for said tyres will come from though, I have no idea!  

I won't be able to do it tomorrow morning as I have to be at hell (work) for 09:00, so will have to buy the wrench and do it after I finish at 18:30.

It never rains but it fecking pours.

Try black circles,  they offer full service tyres at a reduced price anyway, and if the worst comes to the worst they also offer pay monthly plans on said tyres if that helps at all?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

Try black circles,  they offer full service tyres at a reduced price anyway, and if the worst comes to the worst they also offer pay monthly plans on said tyres if that helps at all?

Yeah, I'll be using Black Circles as they offer the best prices on quality tyres and work with a local garage that I know to offer a good service (used them to fit the winter tyres to the old Primera).  I can forget any pay monthly deals, lets just say my credit score is around the same figure as my car's model... :unsure:

you sure there 19mm? thought they had 17mm with plastic covers that made them look like 19mmm

13 minutes ago, iantt said:

you sure there 19mm? thought they had 17mm with plastic covers that made them look like 19mmm

Nope, definitely 19mm - I thought they may have had covers to begin with, but the locking wheel nut key is also 19mm.

I don't like that on each of my four attempts to weed the drive today, a heavy than expected showers commences and remains for a couple of hours:sad:  It's now too dark to have a fifth attempt, although it's not raining.

I also don't like forgetting to close the bedroom window when the first shower commenced and only now realising it's been open all day.:sad:  Not a small window for ventilation either: one of the main big ones:sad: I have sodden pillows and a damp duvet at the top end:ohmy:

4 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like getting a flat tyre 15 miles from home! "Just fit the spare" you may advise, and I would... If the previous owner included the wheel wrench!! So, I'm currently awaiting my mother coming in the other 405, hoping that either it has a wheel wrench or that the local Tesco will have one.

You have my sympathy too Jamie, I like Laurie, been in this predicament, not her 125 miles though away I was only 75 miles on the M3 westbound, from where I was going.

Many years ago now, a mate had set up his own courier business.  On that particular day I called to see how he was, it so happened, one of his drivers had gone sick and none of his drivers who were off wanted the overtime.   He had an urgent collection from Heathrow for Bournemouth business and a same day delivery for London and no-one to do it.  I said to him give me a van, I'm not that busy myself today, it'll probably only take a couple of hours each way, anyway.  This proved to be false:sad:

It was on my return journey just as I'd gone past the Basingstoke exit on M3, that I went over something unavoidable that was spread across all three lanes, i thought was plastic but it must have had metal in it. Then I realised I now had a flat on the offside front:sad:.  Pulling on to the hard shoulder, some way in, as you're rather a risk changing an offside tyre on the motorway:unsure:  I went to get the spare, the jack and wheel wrench: only to find a spare:smile:, no jack :ohmy:and no wrench:ohmy:  I searched every cubbyhole I could think of: no jack and no wrench resulted.:smile:

This was in the days when mobile phone were a rarity, only a few of had one but coverage was poor.  Most of us, who needed to be contactable, leased transportable phones, which were huge by comparison to the rarer brick sized mobiles. Something akin to a breeze block in size, with weight of car battery or an anvil:huh:  To use them in a vehicle, you needed an external aerial on a magnetic mount on the roof.  If you were lucky, you'd get around 1 hours use per charge:ohmy: It was also charged by the second but rounded up to nearest minute, no bundle calls so it was relatively easy to spend at a £5 per call. 

Conveniently, I had leased a Mitsubishi MT4 transportable phone, so I could call my mate to ascertain where the van's jack and wrench were.  He said "back there at the depot!  We take them out because the drivers kept nicking them!"  I asked what happens when your drivers get a flat then, as I had? He said, it depends where they are and whether they've got client's consignments on board, if they have, they get recovered: if not we work something out:mellow:.  He said he'd get me recovered by Wimborne based recovery company.

i pointed out it would take me less time to me and cost him a lot less, if I called a taxi to Basingstoke and bought a jack and wrench and got a taxi back to his van.  Than it would for him to pay a recovery truck company to drive from Wimborne to me and the van, and  then back again.  He didn't want to do that, he had a contract with the recovery company, so I had to wait to be recovered.:sad: Three hours passed and then my phone rang, it was the recovery driver, he was delayed, a crash further down M3, he'd be with me in an hour or so

An hour and half passed before I was actually recovered. A further two and half hours to get back to his depot to collect my Volvo.  What started out as a favour that I wrongly thought would take no more than four hours had become close to 9 hours by the the time I got home:ohmy:

6 hours ago, GMX said:

I don't like that on each of my four attempts to weed the drive today, a heavy than expected showers commences and remains for a couple of hours:sad:  It's now too dark to have a fifth attempt, although it's not raining.

I also don't like forgetting to close the bedroom window when the first shower commenced and only now realising it's been open all day.:sad:  Not a small window for ventilation either: one of the main big ones:sad: I have sodden pillows and a damp duvet at the top end:ohmy:

You have my sympathy too Jamie, I like Laurie, been in this predicament, not her 125 miles though away I was only 75 miles on the M3 westbound, from where I was going.

Many years ago now, a mate had set up his own courier business.  On that particular day I called to see how he was, it so happened, one of his drivers had gone sick and none of his drivers who were off wanted the overtime.   He had an urgent collection from Heathrow for Bournemouth business and a same day delivery for London and no-one to do it.  I said to him give me a van, I'm not that busy myself today, it'll probably only take a couple of hours each way, anyway.  This proved to be false:sad:

It was on my return journey just as I'd gone past the Basingstoke exit on M3, that I went over something unavoidable that was spread across all three lanes, i thought was plastic but it must have had metal in it. Then I realised I now had a flat on the offside front:sad:.  Pulling on to the hard shoulder, some way in, as you're rather a risk changing an offside tyre on the motorway:unsure:  I went to get the spare, the jack and wheel wrench: only to find a spare:smile:, no jack :ohmy:and no wrench:ohmy:  I searched every cubbyhole I could think of: no jack and no wrench resulted.:smile:

This was in the days when mobile phone were a rarity, only a few of had one but coverage was poor.  Most of us, who needed to be contactable, leased transportable phones, which were huge by comparison to the rarer brick sized mobiles. Something akin to a breeze block in size, with weight of car battery or an anvil:huh:  To use them in a vehicle, you needed an external aerial on a magnetic mount on the roof.  If you were lucky, you'd get around 1 hours use per charge:ohmy: It was also charged by the second but rounded up to nearest minute, no bundle calls so it was relatively easy to spend at a £5 per call. 

Conveniently, I had leased a Mitsubishi MT4 transportable phone, so I could call my mate to ascertain where the van's jack and wrench were.  He said "back there at the depot!  We take them out because the drivers kept nicking them!"  I asked what happens when your drivers get a flat then, as I had? He said, it depends where they are and whether they've got client's consignments on board, if they have, they get recovered: if not we work something out:mellow:.  He said he'd get me recovered by Wimborne based recovery company.

i pointed out it would take me less time to me and cost him a lot less, if I called a taxi to Basingstoke and bought a jack and wrench and got a taxi back to his van.  Than it would for him to pay a recovery truck company to drive from Wimborne to me and the van, and  then back again.  He didn't want to do that, he had a contract with the recovery company, so I had to wait to be recovered.:sad: Three hours passed and then my phone rang, it was the recovery driver, he was delayed, a crash further down M3, he'd be with me in an hour or so

An hour and half passed before I was actually recovered. A further two and half hours to get back to his depot to collect my Volvo.  What started out as a favour that I wrongly thought would take no more than four hours had become close to 9 hours by the the time I got home:ohmy:

That's what you get for helping someone out eh!? 

After this I'll definitely be making sure both cars have suitable wrenches, as one positive to come out of the situation is that I have been made aware of how important it is to have the right tools should a puncture occur, so I will definitely be prepared in future.

I should be grateful that my car actually has a spare tyre though, as a lot of new cars these days don't even have a "donut" spare, so unless a can of Tyre Weld can patch it - you're stuffed!! 

Thinking about it, depending on the condition of the tyre on the Quasar's spare wheel - I'm tempted to use it as the Quasar has a fifth alloy as opposed to a steel wheel, which would mean that if the tyre is good, it could essentially be left on there for a while without an immediate replacement being necessary. 

Peugeot wheel bolts of the 90s always were 19mm that I've seen.  Only 17mm ones I've seen were aftermarket ones.  The plastic covers went over 19s, and looked just as awful as plastic covers do on any car lol.  That said, it looks like you have one 17 and 2 19s on there!? As well as the damage caused by fools fitting wheel weights to the outside of the rim previously! :dry: 

Still, you probably wouldn't have got the bolts off with the crap standard wrench anyway, in my experience they just bend!!  I've always carried an extendable wrench with a double 17/19mm for that reason.  Also where is the spare wheel on the 405?  If it's underneath on a steel hook like the 306s and 106s it'll probably be permanently stuck there without cutting the bolt now lol.

I don't like that I'm back in work tonight, yet my husband still gets another week off! Boooo! 

dont like finding this car on my walk with the dog in the hills , at least i think its french so thats 1 less on the road. 

2016-08-22 12.16.42.jpg

I don't like seeing chocolate spot beginning to appear on the broad bean leaves:sad:

It's been a bad year for legumes as it is: I've only got a couple of kilos in total on there.  In a normal year, I'd have picked at at least 10Kg by now, I haven't even had a colander full yet, they're not advanced enough to pick yet:sad:

35 minutes ago, iantt said:

dont like finding this car on my walk with the dog in the hills , at least i think its french so thats 1 less on the road. 

2016-08-22 12.16.42.jpg

Apart from the Corsa being used as a compost container, in Sturminster Marshall: Which wasn't really abandoned, just re-purposed.

Brandy and I have yet find anything car wise on our strolls

We have found a lot fly tipped domestic appliances and full bathroom suites, in hard to reach places. Which makes you wonder, if they're prepared to make that much effort to abandon it there: wouldn't it have been a lot easier to take to the recycling centre:unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club