Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like that last nights brief rain seems to have dumped half the Sahara on the cars!  And that's its far too hot to clean them. :sad: 

• Like 1

I don't like that after I'd washed my car and spotted a neighbour polishing their vauxhall viva I muttered discretely and very quietly well they say you can't polish a t*rd to my husband (re vauxhall ), he then says at the top of his voice ' oh stop being a snob!' So it's bluddy obvious....

Cheesed off with him much? 

• Like 2

I don't like that despite last night rain, much was promised: but little fell, the humidity is still as high, if not higher:sweat::sweat::sad:

I also don't like the alarming rate all my modern clothes pegs are failing, near enough every other one broke as I hung the laundry out:sad:  They must have changed the polymer recipe with modern pegs, I've got older pegs from the 1980's still going strong, albeit with slightly rusty springs.  Whereas recent peg purchases from scarcely last a year:sad:

I don't like seeing that the new owner of the Santa Fe has put it in for its MOT (20 days after expiry), and to say "it failed" would be an understatement!2016-08-26.png

Mind you, at least I had the right idea in selling it before the MOT expired!  The GTX may be a bit dodgy, but I doubt it will fail as badly as that.

11 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like seeing that the new owner of the Santa Fe has put it in for its MOT (20 days after expiry), and to say "it failed" would be an understatement!2016-08-26.png

Mind you, at least I had the right idea in selling it before the MOT expired!  The GTX may be a bit dodgy, but I doubt it will fail as badly as that.

I've seen worse:laugh: 

Mind you that was a Vauxhall

Two slots before my Mk1 Focus had it's MOT last time around, my tester mate failed a 2001 Vectra on 25 items and gave advisories on a further 18 items. It wasn't a trade customer either!

I don't like Seamonkey crashing or rather "a plug-in has stopped working" which consequently caused it to freeze then crash. Just as was typing a relatively long post on the "I like thread" 

Which of course was "lost" once I restarted the browser:sad:

Although my dentist said, I would be in some agony after Thursday's root canal treatment (5-6 days he said), up until this morning I wasn't. 

However, now my gum feels like it's been prised apart by a massive screwdriver whilst being worked with an impact driver:sad: 

I also didn't like finding the only space in the almost (bar one space) local car park was being invaded by a yplac Kia, trespassing into  it by about a third of a car length:ohmy:.  Leaving the Mk1 Focus rather vulnerable to being thwacked by careless incomers.  It was the space, that everyone usually avoids, right by the entrance, and a bit too close to the entrance.

Fortunately I wasn't there long, I was only picking up my dental prescription, the MK1 Focus wasn't thwacked in the 2 minutes I left it there.

• Like 1

I don't like customers telling me how to do my job...  "I know DPA inside out, and you will discuss this with me"...  Afraid not, Sir.  I usually get some pleasure from them getting wound up at their own stupidity, but today it just depressed and frustrated me. 

I don't like that all 3 dogs have decided to become flea factories at the same time.

Up to my elbows in flea shampoo and I have hair clumps stuck all over me.

3 grumpy and half drowned mutts to placate is no fun.

A fogger in each carpeted room will sort it out though.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I don't like that all 3 dogs have decided to become flea factories at the same time.

Up to my elbows in flea shampoo and I have hair clumps stuck all over me.

3 grumpy and half drowned mutts to placate is no fun.

A fogger in each carpeted room will sort it out though.

Sent from my SM-G930F

:ohmy::sad:

Did one of them pick them up from flea infested house/criminal during their sniffing/protection work and then pass them on to the two?:unsure: 

Or has their flea program stopped being effective?:unsure:

It's long time since Brandy had a massive colony on her, when her then flea program Frontline Combo stopped being effective.  Her vet switched her to Advocate, whilst the cats have Stronghold.

• Like 1

There has been a hold on administering selamectin based pesticides due to an incident at the Defence Animal Centre in Melton Mowbray where a kennel hand erroneously added Frontline doses to the dogs food rations making 18 sniffer dogs ill and ultimately killing 3 of them.

We are currently arranging a procedure to have all doses administered by one authorised/trained person or possibly by a licenced Vet only.

Bit of a big faff when you have 3 afflicted dogs and the associated home contamination but at least the foggers are effective and I'll be reinbursed for them.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Don't like special cases who collide their diggers into bridges...

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Don't like special cases who collide their diggers into bridges...

Ahh yeah...that's your neck of the woods isn't it?!

They've done it twice on the '180 (once on the M180 and another on the A180) in recent years lol

I don't like blowing my cigarette lighter fuse a few weeks ago with a dodgy phone charger, and only remembering today when I forgot my lighter and thought "never mind, I'll just use the cigarette lighter"...  Nope!! 

It wouldn't be such a problem if I could remember where I put my fuses, but do you think I can?  If you answered "no", then you'd be correct. 

Don't like special cases who collide their diggers into bridges... Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Ahh yeah...that's your neck of the woods isn't it?!

They've done it twice on the '180 (once on the M180 and another on the A180) in recent years lol

Yup.

Just got to ask yourself how a recovery agency who should have more sense can be so stupid.

The only thing in his defense is that bridge is low hanging on the shoulder and doesn't (or didn't) have a height limit sign.

That issue though started driving people through our towns so they could skip the area and we are about 20 miles from it, so I wasnt pleased when a short drive back from the cinema looked to take several hours. Thankfully I knew of other routes that saved the time,only took twice as long doubling back in myself to get into my town from the other end.

I don't that like my mental health getting even worse, and none of the things that may have made things better (work-wise) have came to fruition.  It has gone beyond the stage of being stressed, and now is bordering on a breakdown.  Problem is, because of things that happened in my earlier life, I cannot easily express my feelings to people, much less a doctor, so it isn't even like I can go there for help.  Although lets face it, even if I wanted to I wouldn't get an appointment for three weeks! 

Worryingly almost all my close relatives have had history of mental illness, and a few resulted in hospitalisation.  God willing mine doesn't get that severe, but it very well could unless something changes soon. 

So, I just have to go to bed and hope that I have the power to get in the car and go to work the next morning, and stay there until the end of my shift without walking out and/or having a meltdown. 

Fun times...

Despite what people say, you don't have to tell doctors everything...  If you think that some pills or CBT could help it really doesn't take much for them to prescribe them!  Plus doctors don't do booking appt's like 3 weeks away anymore, you have to phone up on the morning to get one...so obviously their phone lines are always jammed first thing in the morning, great idea lol.

I'm struggling mentally as well after I'd been having a few good weeks overall, but like you, don't really have anyone to talk to about the causes of it, as sad (and probably feminine) as it sounds I just wish I knew someone local wish similar 'issues' that I could have a 2 way conversation with.  I mean they must exist...I just don't know where lol...

• Like 1

I was under a counsellor - a very straight speaking Yorkshire lass. Contrary to popular belief, they don't expect the full story straight away!

They should help you with coping mechanisms and then slowly work from there.

It's hard and I often left feeling pretty shi...rubbish. Until I started practicing what I learnt in the session.

It is important to have a good relationship with your counsellor (to say a "working relationship" isn't quite right...they are trying to unlock your mind lol)

I'm now at the point where sitting down for 10 minutes on my own with a cuppa is enough to bring me back! Drugs also help lol

I don't like that I had a right session on Sunday evening and I still do not feel my normal self.

Note to self: next time you go on the beer please remember to stop! :wacko:

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Despite what people say, you don't have to tell doctors everything...  If you think that some pills or CBT could help it really doesn't take much for them to prescribe them!  Plus doctors don't do booking appt's like 3 weeks away anymore, you have to phone up on the morning to get one...so obviously their phone lines are always jammed first thing in the morning, great idea lol.

I'm struggling mentally as well after I'd been having a few good weeks overall, but like you, don't really have anyone to talk to about the causes of it, as sad (and probably feminine) as it sounds I just wish I knew someone local wish similar 'issues' that I could have a 2 way conversation with.  I mean they must exist...I just don't know where lol...

Oh, they do here!  You have to be practically dying to get an appointment the same day.  I did book one a while ago but bottled it and cancelled.  Problem is, whenever I think of booking an appointment or actually going to one, my mental health suddenly recovers 100% and I feel absolutely fine.  It's like my brain has a mechanism whereby as soon as I try to get help, it does everything it can to stop me doing so. 

• Like 1

I don't like having a nasty fall at work yesterday morning (end of night shift), and ending up with bruised ribs and a sprained/ bruised toe. I slipped on a solid concrete floor and ended up getting run over by my own pallet truck which I was still holding at the time. 

• Like 1

I don't like finding my diminished and very late crop of broad beans have also come under attack from weevils:sad: and shield bugs:sad:, and what must be a teetotal slug, the size of a cumberland sausage, unwound:sad:  Who I caught halfway up a bean plant eating one of the pods:sad:  It clearly doesn't like the local Badger Ale that are in all the slug pubs, that all it's siblings are happy to drown in:sad:

8 hours ago, laumk7 said:

I don't like having a nasty fall at work yesterday morning (end of night shift), and ending up with bruised ribs and a sprained/ bruised toe. I slipped on a solid concrete floor and ended up getting run over by my own pallet truck which I was still holding at the time. 

You have my sympathy.

I once ran over several toes with a pallet mover, moving a 6ft larder freezer up a ramp, to the bespoke trolley I'd built for it. 

I don't like suffering a 9.5 hour day at hell (work) and having a 10 hour day ahead of me tomorrow, then 7.5 hours on Friday and 5.5 hours on Saturday!! 

Another dislike is that the GTX has died again, which was partly my own fault for leaving it sitting a couple of days which I knew would cause problems, and alas it did.  I did get it running by bump starting it, only for it to die 50 yards down the road...  So, it is parked half way down the road and won't turn over.  I am now almost certain that something is siezed (alternator or power steering pump) as it cranks very slow despite having a good battery, and smells of burning rubber when revved over 4,000RPM.  Thanks to the above mentioned work hours though, the soonest I can take the serpentine belt off and check the pulleys will be Sunday, and in order to do that I'll need to get it moved closer to the house.  Hopefully hooking jump leads up would give it enough juice to start (albeit still slowly), but if not I may have to find some rope and tow it. 

God damn French cars!!  I have a feeling it won't be going in for its MOT as booked next week, and instead I'll take it off the road for a few weeks until I can fix the starting/running issue and get four new tyres for the Quasar, making it my daily driver. 

4 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I am now almost certain that something is siezed (alternator or power steering pump)

I hope the 405 doesn't have the same alternator as the 406,:unsure: That was eye wateringly :crybaby:expensive on my 406, I couldn't get one from any of the motor factors and ended up having to go the Peugeot main dealer

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club