Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

57 minutes ago, GMX said:

I hope the 405 doesn't have the same alternator as the 406,:unsure: That was eye wateringly :crybaby:expensive on my 406, I couldn't get one from any of the motor factors and ended up having to go the Peugeot main dealer

Not too bad, having done a quick eBay search this one should do, which isn't that bad.  Still rather eye moistening for a parsimonious Scotsman like me though!

I think it is the PAS pump though, as at low speeds the PAS seems to cut in and out, sometimes it is fine and others it is like it has no assistance at all.

That said, I think a PAS pump is even more expensive! :ohmy:

So actually, I hope it is the alternator, but I doubt it.

I don't like that each time I've gone down to the kettle, Brandy insists on coming downstairs with me, and then I have to hold her hips and support her from behind when I come back up.  It's surprisingly awkward to provide dog hip support and carry a full cup of coffee upstairs, without coffee spillage on her or the stairs; or both:mellow:

18 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Not too bad, having done a quick eBay search this one should do, which isn't that bad.  Still rather eye moistening for a parsimonious Scotsman like me though!

ooh that's significantly cheaper than the 406 one, you could get around 11 of those for the price (including the exchange refund) of the 406 alternator:laugh:

25 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I think it is the PAS pump though, as at low speeds the PAS seems to cut in and out, sometimes it is fine and others it is like it has no assistance at all.

Erratic PAS would point more to it's pump than a seized alternator

1 minute ago, GMX said:

I don't like that each time I've gone down to the kettle, Brandy insists on coming downstairs with me, and then I have to hold her hips and support her from behind when I come back up.  It's surprisingly awkward to provide dog hip support and carry a full cup of coffee upstairs, without coffee spillage on her or the stairs; or both:mellow:

ooh that's significantly cheaper than the 406 one, you could get around 11 of those for the price (including the exchange refund) of the 406 alternator:laugh:

Erratic PAS would point more to it's pump than a seized alternator

That's what I thought, so by the sounds of it I could be right.  Either that or neither are the case and it is simply a dying starter motor.  Problem then is that I'd still have an outstanding PAS issue :laugh:

34 minutes ago, GMX said:

Brandy insists on coming downstairs with me, and then I have to hold her hips and support her from behind when I come back up.  It's surprisingly awkward to provide dog hip support and carry a full cup of coffee upstairs,

Surely, someone, somewhere on eBay is selling dog sized stair lifts? It seems just about everything for everything can be bought, except of course for the one thing that you desperately need!biggrin.png

I don't like buying a set of caliper seals (off eBay, but from a known UK supplier), fitting them, then finding they look like this after just one year. Not done my calipers any good! (Though the pistons were still nice and bright and shiny after a bit of a clean, and had not jammed. Just caught in time, I think). I am negotiating for a refund, though it is two years since purchase. I may be tempted to name & shame the supplier if they refuse to help.

I only replaced the old ones because there was a tiny hole in one. I think I may have done it 2 years ago, when trying to wind back the piston without proper tools! I have corrected that lack since. More than a tiny hole now.ohmy.png Old seals are back on, pending arrival of replacements.

SEAL-1.JPG

SEAL-2.JPG

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GMX said:

Nan's dog was diagnosed with an arthritic hip at his yearly vet check-up at the weekend.  The vet gave him some medicine for it which seems to be helping...  Though it could of course be the fact Nan's been over-dosing him by 5 times as much for a few days as she didn't understand what the vet said. :wallbash:  Anyway, he's now bouncing around like he's on a Tena advert so either he's high or it actually works! :laugh: 

Hopefully after further explanation she's using the correct dosage now lol...

• Like 1

I don't like Brandy pooing on the vet whilst he was examining her:sad:, and then the examination table:sad: whilst he took her blood sample down to the lab, and then the floor:sad: whilst her was writing up her notes.  We have had vet appointments that involve one poo incident: but three times is a first!

She also wasn't very co-operative during the taking of the blood sample, she went into a massive wriggle and squirm mode:ohmy:, myself and two nurses had to hug her tightly, in order for the sample to be obtained. She refused the post sample mini Bonio:mellow:

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Nan's dog was diagnosed with an arthritic hip at his yearly vet check-up at the weekend.  The vet gave him some medicine for it which seems to be helping...  Though it could of course be the fact Nan's been over-dosing him by 5 times as much for a few days as she didn't understand what the vet said. :wallbash:  Anyway, he's now bouncing around like he's on a Tena advert so either he's high or it actually works! :laugh: 

Brandy's got osteoarthritis in her hips and knees and to some degree in her rear paw ankles, but he couldn't find anything in her front joints. She's been prescribed Metacam

Aside from the over-dosing how long did it take to work?  Or is it hard to tell with the over dosing.

15 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

I don't like buying a set of caliper seals (off Ebay, but from a known UK supplier), fitting them, then finding they look like this after just one year. Not done my calipers any good!

Is that the supplier with green and black website or the one that is a large primary colour?

5 hours ago, GMX said:

Is that the supplier with green and black website or the one that is a large primary colour?

Two Horse before 650nm.

• Like 1

I don't like my left shoe coming apart after only wearing it for less than a year.  Granted, it wasn't expensive and I didn't expect it to have a long life, but the right one is still perfectly fine! 

The only thing I can think of as being the cause for the sole to detach would be driving (using the clutch), and also that I tend to "drag" my left foot when walking due to a bad knee.

I don't like my left shoe coming apart after only wearing it for less than a year.  Granted, it wasn't expensive and I didn't expect it to have a long life, but the right one is still perfectly fine! 

The only thing I can think of as being the cause for the sole to detach would be driving (using the clutch), and also that I tend to "drag" my left foot when walking due to a bad knee.

That'll do it.

I spend a lot of time driving and my left work boot sole splits or wears out pretty quickly.

Usually don't notice until I'm stood in puddles and one foot feels damp.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

I don't like a usual 30-40min journey to work taking over 2 hrs!

Two motorway closures on the m5 and the a road into work also being closed, my sat navigation guided me a treat through the lanes only for me to pop out each time at a closed road entrance to work! Cheesed off to say the least! :evil:

• Like 1

I don't like a usual 30-40min journey to work taking over 2 hrs!

Two motorway closures on the m5 and the a road into work also being closed, my sat navigation guided me a treat through the lanes only for me to pop out each time at a closed road entrance to work! Cheesed off to say the least! :evil:

That is why i still trust google maps and not car navigation

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ken.K said:

Waze is also excellent. Community reporting based traffic alerts, alternative route suggestions, detours etc... All in real-time :)

• Like 2

I don't like that the forecast "occasional shower" has been showering non-stop all afternoon and is continuing now.  Whilst it is beneficial to the garden and the vegetables, I had planned to mow the lawns, which are already almost a week overdue (again).  :sad:

In a normal year the lawns get mowed at least once a week, but this year it's been very much mowed when it's not raining nor too wet underfoot. Resulting in anything from 12 days to 18 days between mowings.  Such infrequent mowings lead to weaker grass plants:sad: and lawn weed invaders :sad: The grass plants are already comprised by Brandy's bathroom activities upon them.

19 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

My left shoe/boots fail faster than the right, I've never really thought that this was odd, the same goes for socks for that matter

• Like 1

Waze is also excellent. Community reporting based traffic alerts, alternative route suggestions, detours etc... All in real-time :)

Woo...fellow Wazer lol

• Like 1

Navmii for me.

Similar to Waze but not as glitchy.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

I don't like finding blood on the kitchen worktop and then a trail of paw prints across the kitchen floor into the lounge, on the settee and up the cushion:sad:

Bunty has torn her dew claw again, or rather the skin that is attached to the dew claw on her right front paw. :sad: 

I've put some antibacterial powder on it and after several attempts put a tubular bandage over it.

Bandaging cats is quite awkward,:mellow:

Don't like sleep evasion.  No doubt I'll be in bed until 11am and miss most of the day.  Also don't like that my dad brought us a holiday abroad for our honeymoon but we decided to go Legoland with the kids and him saying ohhhh I've got no money, I'll pay you back monthly.  Yes cheers for that Dad(reason I didn't want to go abroad) try telling that to your 5 year old granddaughter.  So now I've had to spend £256 for a weekend in Legoland because he can't and now it's left us short.  Obviously usually I wouldn't be bothered, it's more the fact he's gone back on his word.  Why change the habit of a life time.  He's only been back in my life for 2 years.  

That is why i still trust google maps and not car navigation Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Woo...fellow Wazer lol

Reason I do not like waze is the direction. It does not show my driving direction like google

Still too wet to mow the lawns :sad:and more rain is forecast to come in the next 12 hours, which is great for my butts and most of the vegetables, but the grass is getting too long:mellow:

Bunty's got her bandage soggy and muddy in the rain again:sad:  I only changed this morning for a dry one.  Bandaging wriggling cats is one of life's challenges.:huh:

16 hours ago, SeanW said:

Woo...fellow Wazer lol

Yup :) Just over 16k points. Joined over 3 years ago. Yes, I guess I am a tad sad that I care, but hey ho, haha.

Clive - that app also looks interesting. Might give it a go, and see if it's better than Waze. Never had any glitches with Waze though. Only problem that I ever had was that it once tried to make me drive through this. Haha.

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/hampshire/19155/consultation-to-restrict-access-to-headley-ford.html

• Like 2

I don't like waiting five weeks for the GTX's V5!!  Finally got it through the post today.  In contrast, the Focus' V5 arrived in three days, probably thanks to the owner doing the transfer online.

My Wife 😐

Oh dear...whassup? Has she decided that she liked the house the way it was? Lol

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SeanW said:

Oh dear...whassup? Has she decided that she liked the house the way it was? Lol

😁 good one 👍

I'm just metaphorically throwing the toys out of the cott now because I'm tired 😢

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club