Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like the Vauxhall that tried his utter best to kill me this morning........

We're on a 60nsl road, he's pootling along at 35...

So I moved to overtake him, there's a tiny HGV I'm the distance about 3/4 of a mile away on the dead straight road...

He then puts his foot down once I'm alongside him! I had to floor it to finish the manoeuvre in time and then brake harshly to avoid hitting any traffic now in front!

I'm seriously contemplating reporting the !Removed! for dangerous driving!

Btw I slowed down to 25 to 'get my own back' :wink:

1 hour ago, laumk7 said:

I don't like the Vauxhall that tried his utter best to kill me this morning........

We're on a 60nsl road, he's pootling along at 35...

So I moved to overtake him, there's a tiny HGV I'm the distance about 3/4 of a mile away on the dead straight road...

He then puts his foot down once I'm alongside him! I had to floor it to finish the manoeuvre in time and then brake harshly to avoid hitting any traffic now in front!

I'm seriously contemplating reporting the !Removed! for dangerous driving!

Btw I slowed down to 25 to 'get my own back' :wink:

That seriously boils my blood!!  I've had it done to me a couple of times, and where I started out overtaking a car going 30-40MPH, I ended up going 80MPH just to get back in without causing an accident!  It's ridiculous, and absolutely dangerous. 

5 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

That seriously boils my blood!!  I've had it done to me a couple of times, and where I started out overtaking a car going 30-40MPH, I ended up going 80MPH just to get back in without causing an accident!  It's ridiculous, and absolutely dangerous. 

Can guarantee as well if you tuck back in behind them they'll then slow down again to a crawl...

• Like 1

There is just something about Vauxhall drivers

I don't like finding a large random tan coloured slug crossing the hall:ohmy:  It was heading in the wrong direction for an exit, unless it thought it make an effort to get out  the loo window.

I would imagine it was on somebody's tail or rear paw and fell off. Owing to dryness of the carpet, it's slime trail is quite excessive:sad:

yuk, i used to get slugs coming in from somewhere overnight into the kitchen with slime trails all over the tiles, plenty of them and large, around 4in long, filled alsorts of holes trying to stop them.

that was at a previous house

Things I don't like - seeing a 1.2 12 plate Corsa (of course it had to be a stupid Vauxhall) with 3 grown women and a young child in the backseat, with two of the adults smoking in the car. To top it off, it had a stupid princess on board sticker covering a quarter of the hatch windscreen.

Shame they didn't get nicked!

• Like 1

Soo...I've spent the best part of a week trying to find the problem with the lights on my caravan. Tried and tested the whole system - bulbs: fine, wiring: continuity on all wires, caravan fuses: all good, 13 pin to 12N/S adapter: good.

Hmm...what's left? Oh yeah...the car...with its brand new dedicated wiring loom installed with 3 separate fuses...1x 20A and 2x 15A...

Yeah...a 15 had popped!! Think I may have a fault with my lightboard - last time I used that, it went mad...figured water had got into the cluster and shorted something out. And taken the fuse with it.

Luckily, I have a pot full of spare fuses...at home...in Grimsby...not Fleetwood...

I don't like getting an email from amazon saying my goods have been dispatched and on trying to track them finding out that they're coming from  b****y CHINA!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

• Like 1

I don't like finding the air temperature after 9pm plummeted:sad:, admittedly it's relative, in real terms it is not cold.  The 9°C evening is only relatively cold to the daytime 21°C , my ears felt need for a hat as I set forth for Brandy's evening stroll.:unsure:

3 hours ago, iantt said:

yuk, i used to get slugs coming in from somewhere overnight into the kitchen with slime trails all over the tiles, plenty of them and large, around 4in long, filled alsorts of holes trying to stop them.

that was at a previous house

The slugs are huge this year, on account of the lack wasps, a diminishing toad population, the six wet warm winters together accompanying abundance leafy plants as result of the wet and warmth. 

40 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't like getting an email from Amazon saying my goods have been dispatched and on trying to track them finding out that they're coming from  b****y CHINA!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I've had a few of those who claim they're in Portsmouth, Glasgow or Newport, make a point on the listing they're UK based seller, and it's not until you track the order, you find they're in China and it won't take the 24-48 hours stated but 14-20 days.

Brandy's harness was supposed to be coming from Portsmouth next day: it came Beijing 17 days later.

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like getting an email from Amazon saying my goods have been dispatched and on trying to track them finding out that they're coming from  b****y CHINA!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

If the amazon page said UK source & 2-3 day delivery, but it turns out to be the slow boat from China, then that sounds like a SNAD to me, you should get Paypal protection, if you used that. But that may not be much consolation if you need the item, and there is no practical UK alternative.sad.png

1 hour ago, GMX said:

The 9°C evening is only relatively cold

4°C here last (Sunday) night. It knocked the house temperature down to 17°C, & I had to put the heating on today!

17 hours ago, GMX said:

I've had a few of those who claim they're in Portsmouth, Glasgow or Newport, make a point on the listing they're UK based seller, and it's not until you track the order, you find they're in China and it won't take the 24-48 hours stated but 14-20 days.

Brandy's harness was supposed to be coming from Portsmouth next day: it came Beijing 17 days later.

15 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

If the Amazon page said UK source & 2-3 day delivery, but it turns out to be the slow boat from China, then that sounds like a SNAD to me, you should get Paypal protection, if you used that. But that may not be much consolation if you need the item, and there is no practical UK alternative.sad.png

They don't claim to be UK based, I just assumed they were, and to be fair it's only a few LEDs for the new car, so no great hurry.

Worse thing is I ordered the same bulbs from the same supplier for the Focus a couple of years ago so probably moaned about it at the time and promptly forgot about it! :blush: :laugh:

Playing World of Tanks and forgetting I'm playing, while reading forums....oops. 

I don't like anything that Google has been doing for the last few months, which has been making me seriously consider going back to iPhones...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, hywelkidd said:

I don't like anything that Google has been doing for the last few months, which has been making me seriously consider going back to iPhones...

whats google been doing then? 

dont like your front door as i walked past with the dog, about time you got a paint brush out? ha ha. 

whats google been doing then? 

dont like your front door as i walked past with the dog, about time you got a paint brush out? ha ha. 

Removing user choice and now !Removed! long term Nexus users like myself with this new Pixel crap. They seem to be trying to be Apple. If that's the case, I may as well start using Apple again as they do it better than anyone else.

Yeah the front door is a bit crap, the veneer has split quite badly. Problem is it's a council house and a lot of the houses up here have the same issue, not that they'll sort it.

Google have removed choice? Lets see...

What phones can run Apple iOS = ~11 Apple phones
Phones that run Googles OS (Android) = 250+ phones that run android 6.0+ natively.

Google are primarily a software company, always have been. You are saying they are removing choice by actually taking a prime role in hardware manufacturing?!  

Phones are just for taking pictures and browsing the internet on the loo anyway, how much choice do you need? :tongue: 

• Like 1

When eating some salami, a little piece gets wedged between your molars, and no amount of flossing will remove it:sad: 

You can feel it with your tongue, but it just won't come out:sad:

I also have the keto headache coming on, but I knew that was likely happen:mellow:  It should go off in a couple of days.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Phones are just for taking pictures and browsing the internet on the loo anyway, how much choice do you need? :tongue: 

You know that can be read "that you take pictures on the loo" with your phone:laugh:

• Like 1

Google have removed choice? Lets see...

What phones can run Apple iOS = ~11 Apple phones

Phones that run Googles OS (Android) = 250+ phones that run android 6.0+ natively.

Google are primarily a software company, always have been. You are saying they are removing choice by actually taking a prime role in hardware manufacturing?!  

I'm on about things like removing merged chrome tabs and apps (a feature that I quite liked) and removing merged sms/hangouts (claiming that it confuses users). Then there's things like making Google Assistant Pixel exclusive and only giving Nexus users a vague idea of when the beta for 7.1, with the very few features it will add, will be released (despite the Pixel phones shipping with a full build).

You are complaining about them removing features, not choice. I'll agree with you on that, Apple are definitely better at forcing change upon their users! 

You are complaining about them removing features, not choice. I'll agree with you on that, Apple are definitely better at forcing change upon their users! 

It's still taking away choice though as you could toggle those features on/off. I wouldn't care if they just turned them off by default, but taking away the user's choice to then turn them on is what I have an issue with.

Change of subject, I don't like how changing the notification sound on Crapatalk seems to have broken the notifications for me.

I've never been able to get on with Android. Too much choice, too little stability. 

My work means i support users and software all day. The last thing I want is to see why my phone sucks. 

Apple at least get it right most of the time. Others I'm too lazy to care. 

I don't like the night's are really drawing in now:sad: They seem to be getting 10 minutes earlier every day at the moment.:sad:  I had to fee the courgette and squash plants by head torch.:mellow:

A cloudless autumn evening means the temperature has dropped again to 10°C from the days 20°C:mellow:, I think a hat might be needed for Brandy's evening stroll tonight if the wind keeps up with it's stiff breeze.  However, it's not cold enough for a fleece yet, just a hat for my ears.

1 hour ago, goldtail77 said:

I've never been able to get on with Android. Too much choice, too little stability. 

My work means i support users and software all day. The last thing I want is to see why my phone sucks. 

Apple at least get it right most of the time. Others I'm too lazy to care. 

I've not had any stability issues Android so far. 

I previously had Samsung's proprietary and now abandoned OS Bada, which apart from not being supported by many app developers, it needed a lot of work to make it serious OS

I don't like putting milk into the wrong mug of tea, a complete waste of a tea bag:sad: not to mention a waste of a splash of milk too:sad:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club