Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like CD players in cars!!  Still haven't got around to replacing the cheap JVC CD player in the 405 for an original cassette player yet, and so far it has damaged two Roy Orbison CDs and most recently a Phil Collins CD (brand new two weeks ago, now it skips on two songs).  And I don't mean damage from outside the player, this is damage that occurred whilst PLAYING!!  Don't ask me how it happened, but they went in clean and came out scratched.

On the flip-side I have cassettes from the 1970s which have survived years of use in the previous and current Focus and still sound clear and crisp.

I don't like the glow plugs completely giving up the ghost on the 405...  No amount of glow plug cycles helped and it took five minutes to get it to fire.

I don't like that either kpg. Bad luck there pal.

I don't like realising I won't have a car for work on Thursday, given that the 405 is down with dead glow plugs and my mother needs the Focus that day for her work...  Hence why I always like to have a third vehicle so that we both have cars even if one breaks down.  Thankfully as of Thursday night though, we will.

I don't like that either kpg. Bad luck there pal.

Yep, total disaster. And I thought Friday was going well, what with being in time for the delivery man and grabbing Battlefield1 to start installing before I came home from work, all within 1 hour in my lunch break. Just show you...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kpg said:

Yep, total disaster. And I thought Friday was going well, what with being in time for the delivery man and grabbing Battlefield1 to start installing before I came home from work, all within 1 hour in my lunch break. Just show you...

That's Karma for buy BF1

Having said that its a relatively easy repair down at your local spray shop for around £120.00 ish That's a northern price by the way.

That's Karma for buy BF1

Having said that its a relatively easy repair down at your local spray shop for around £120.00 ish That's a northern price by the way.

Lol. Well the body shop that's doing my ZS rear quoted £170 for that and the repair job.

16 hours ago, kpg said:

That's Karma for buy BF1

Lol. Well the body shop that's doing my ZS rear quoted £170 for that and the repair job.

That is a very good price then for the rear bumper and rear quarter.

I don't like that weather forecast changed when I'd finished respraying the weeds on my drive:sad:  You need 6 hours of dryness between application and any rain that might fall.

I checked before I started, it was then forecasting a smattering of light rain might fall after midnight.  All 4 weather sites I use were in agreement, for once.  I went out and treated the weeds to a little Resolva 24H.  When I'd finished I refreshed my weather tabs, only to find light rain will fall between 6pm-8pm.:ohmy:  I need it to be dry until 8:24pm:mellow:

Although having said that, it's not rained yet, if it can hang on for a further 50 minutes, I won't have to retreat the drive, on Tuesday (when the showers have been and gone)

I don't like thinking of all the reasons we need to build a driveway, but lacking the necessary funds to put my plans into action...  Plus, I'd have to get council permission, and use one of their "approved" contractors :unsure:

Another dislike is having to use the Focus for work tomorrow and Tuesday, thanks to the low temperatures and non-functioning glow plugs on the 405.  I like the Focus don't get me wrong, but I just have a general dislike of petrol engines coupled with manual gearboxes.  But, it's only until Thursday when I pick up the other car and (providing it is a just a simple job of new plugs) get the 405 back on the road.

12 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like thinking of all the reasons we need to build a driveway, but lacking the necessary funds to put my plans into action...  Plus, I'd have to get council permission, and use one of their "approved" contractors :unsure:

Another dislike is having to use the Focus for work tomorrow and Tuesday, thanks to the low temperatures and non-functioning glow plugs on the 405.  I like the Focus don't get me wrong, but I just have a general dislike of petrol engines coupled with manual gearboxes.  But, it's only until Thursday when I pick up the other car and (providing it is a just a simple job of new plugs) get the 405 back on the road.

Council "approved" contractors can often be the most expensive and not necessarily the most competent craftsmen.  When my Dad had his stroke, the occupational therapists said the could get various devices fitted to the house to help him with his recovery.  One of which was a handrail from the drive up to the front door and another going up the stairs.  The Dept of Health funded it's installation but they would let anyone else but their "approved" contractor do it.

When he arrived, he didn't have half the tools needed to the job!! I ended up having lend him mine and even then, it took him a day and a half to do what anyone else would have done in a couple of hours.

On my way back from the recycling centre this morning, I was thinking the opposite, that it was a pity the Mk1 Focus is an automatic, it just doesn't have the acceleration of a manual when you could really use it.  I did however, discover (don't know how I managed to miss it before!!:ohmy::ohmy:) that it has an overdrive, when I momentarily forgot which car I was in, and attempted to change gear:lol:

7 minutes ago, GMX said:

Council "approved" contractors can often be the most expensive and not necessarily the most competent craftsmen.  When my Dad had his stroke, the occupational therapists said the could get various devices fitted to the house to help him with his recovery.  One of which was a handrail from the drive up to the front door and another going up the stairs.  The Dept of Health funded it's installation but they would let anyone else but their "approved" contractor do it.

When he arrived, he didn't have half the tools needed to the job!! I ended up having lend him mine and even then, it took him a day and a half to do what anyone else would have done in a couple of hours.

On my way back from the recycling centre this morning, I was thinking the opposite, that it was a pity the Mk1 Focus is an automatic, it just doesn't have the acceleration of a manual when you could really use it.  I did however, discover (don't know how I managed to miss it before!!:ohmy::ohmy:) that it has an overdrive, when I momentarily forgot which car I was in, and attempted to change gear:lol:

I think petrols are fine with auto-boxes, because they have enough natural power to get going even without a manual.  By comparison, I think that diesels (even turbo diesels) are better with manuals because they do feel sluggish at the best of times, and an automatic transmission would only exacerbate that.  Having said that, my "new" Mercedes is an automatic naturally aspirated diesel, so I better get used to a sedate driving style... :mellow:

Yes, you're absolutely right, hence my reluctance to do anything about my idea even if I did have the required funds.  But, it is going to be a bit of a problem having three vehicles all parked on the road, especially when we sometimes struggle to get even one parked directly outside. 

I don't like my mother leaving the Focus' lights on when she came home at 16:30!!  Only noticed it half an hour ago when I looked out of the window and saw it lit up in the darkness... :ohmy:

She was adamant that she had turned them off, and upon investigation it turned out that she had turned the dipped beams off, but had inadvertantly pushed the knob in and turned it to the left, thus turning on the parking lights which conveniently circumvents the warning chime!!  Whoever thought that was a good idea in Ford's design team needs to be sacked. 

Thankfully it had a new battery shortly before I bought it and even after sitting for two hours with the parking lights on, it fired right up without any hesitation.  Took it for a short drive to make sure it is fully charged for tomorrow morning, but I'm impressed that the battery showed no signs of discharge after that!

She was completely unaware of the parking lights function, but now she knows hopefully it won't happen again... 

Upon returning from downstairs, having being summoned from sleeping by Brandy with an urgent need to pop outside, to do some dog business.  I don't like finding a trail of blood, through the kitchen, the hall, up the stairs and on to the landing, trailing all the way back to the corner of my futon:sad:  I assumed wrongly, Brandy had acquired another UTI:sad:  Until I looked down, that was:unsure:  and realised I was, or my big toe was the source.:laugh:

It would seem in her urgency to arouse me, whilst bouncing about to remove my duvet, one of her claws, slashed my toe. :ohmy:

I also don't finding, last night I didn't put my toothbrush on charge: so this morning it died with only only one quadrant of my teeth brushed:huh:  and I've got to wait for at least 5 hours for it to recharge sufficiently to finish the job:sad:

• Like 1

i hate being stuck at the checkout at aldi (when i'm in a rush) when some complete pain in the back side has got to pay for they're shopping with every single last coin in their wallet/purse JESUS WEPT HAVE YOU NOT HEARD OF DEBIT CARDS bet they still think morse code is cutting edge technology

• Like 2

I don't like seeing diesel has risen 7p a litre since I last refilled the tank on the Mk2, petrol hasn't escaped either, it's risen 6p a litre:sad:

When did that happen? :unsure: When last refilled the Mk1, petrol was £1.099, about a fortnight ago, and diesel a penny more.:mellow:

I also don't like finding Tesco have sold out completely, not only in the Extra store I use, but across all the Extra in and around East Dorset:ohmy:: single cream in 600ml tubs:ohmy::sad:

Whilst it's probably all those pumpkin pie makers: I would have thought Tesco could have planned for the surge.  They certainly have with pumpkins themselves:laugh:

1 hour ago, ayup said:

i hate being stuck at the checkout at aldi (when i'm in a rush) when some complete pain in the back side has got to pay for they're shopping with every single last coin in their wallet/purse JESUS WEPT HAVE YOU NOT HEARD OF DEBIT CARDS bet they still think morse code is cutting edge technology

Or indeed the wheel:dry:

I don't like people that start walking or driving just as youre about to pass...  This is always an annoyance for me but the frequency of it seems to have jumped dramatically in the last month...

Either don't stop unnecessarily in the first place or wait until I've passed before moving...I don't want to be stuck walking next to you for the rest of the way! :rolleyes: Has happened 3 times in the car this week as well, not sure if they're not checking mirrors or just couldn't care less. :unsure:

I also don't like the sudden rise in fuel prices that Ghana pointed out, I haven't driven much lately bit it was 10p less per litre when I last filled up a few weeks ago!

My biggest don't like atm is the lack of any distraction project, I've got literally nothing going on atm which is not only boring but it means I spend a lot of time in my own brain...and trust me, it's not a nice place! :laugh:

I don't like that a headlight fault I had back in april has reared it's ugly head again, this time with a vengeance.

Previously it was just the case that while on auto the left headlight would veer to far left and stay put, not too bad as restarting the car with auto headlights off would stop this although obviously I needed to remember to turn the lights off when getting out.

Now the left light is doing a maniacal version of the self levelling test, flailing wildly around before staying full left and throwing up a failure warning on the cluster.

It also doesn't respond to flicking on full beam.

The last time I had to endure 3 visits to the Dealers, (4 hours diagnostics prompting the ordering of a new headlight, a week later visiting again for 5 hours to be told that the new lamp wouldn't program to the car properly requiring another new lamp and a further week's delay, then another 5 hours for the second new lamp).

Looks like it's going to be a sleepless day today and after a tough 12 hour night duty.

Basically the car is not safe to drive in the dark at the moment so either they sort it out sharpish or I'll be looking for a loaner.

(Must admit I quite like the idea of cheekily asking if their RS demonstrator is free for a few weeks :whistling: ).

• Like 2

I don't like rushing to get ready to leave for work by 08:00 (20 minute drive) only to look at the clock and realise I start at 09:00 today...  Not sure why I thought I started at 08:30, but I certainly don't and could have relaxed a bit more had I known of the extra time at my disposal.

At least I didn't actually leave and got there 40 minutes early!  I can't stand being in that place a minute longer than I have to be, let alone spending 40 minutes waiting for the start of my shift... :mellow:

Worked like a dog today, got so much OT accumulated (been keeping a record), need to start using it!

What do people actually do on days off? Haven't had one in such a long time I wouldn't even know what to do with it!!

I don't like coming home and needing two glasses of wine to feel relaxed!!  I definitely have to be more strategic with my annual leave next year, and rather than booking a couple of "big" holidays and working non-stop the rest of the time, I should book some half-days and long-weekends to give myself regular breaks, plus one big break to go away somewhere.

I don't like that as of next Friday, I will be jobless.  Didn't really get a very good explanation as he didn't say I'd done anything bad.  I think it's 2 things.  Me and the farm manager didn't get on & 2, I think they were overstaffed so as I was last one in, I'm the first to go.  

25 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

I don't like that as of next Friday, I will be jobless.  Didn't really get a very good explanation as he didn't say I'd done anything bad.  I think it's 2 things.  Me and the farm manager didn't get on & 2, I think they were overstaffed so as I was last one in, I'm the first to go.  

Sorry to hear that Matt, hope you get something else soon!

• Like 1

I don't like being getting up to a pack-a-day...  No, not cigarettes (any more!), but these!

WP_20161028_21_39_19_Pro.jpg

I've always suffered from heartburn, but I only needed antacids a few times a week until the past 12 months, when I've been taking them every hour. 

It is getting to the point now where I should really see my doctor about it, as severe heartburn can be quite serious in the long-term.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club