Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like being getting up to a pack-a-day...  No, not cigarettes (any more!), but these!

I've always suffered from heartburn, but I only needed antacids a few times a week until the past 12 months, when I've been taking them every hour. 

It is getting to the point now where I should really see my doctor about it, as severe heartburn can be quite serious in the long-term.

Definitely book an appointment Jamie.

I've recently had (having) a few issues with digestion, nausea etc. but I'm aware of the root cause and awaiting an MRI to check up on my Crohn's.

Hope you get some proper treatment soon.

• Like 1

Jamie, you should ask the scab lifter to prescribe you Omeprazole, wife is on them and only needs one a day.

• Like 3

My dislike (of sorts) of the day is that I have had to leave my car at the Dealers until they 'may' be able to look at it on monday and as a courtesy car got a--- Fiesta Zetec ecoboost!

I know it's a decent car but going from an ST Focus to a 1 litre Fiesta is a bit of a drop. :huh:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

My dislike (of sorts) of the day is that I have had to leave my car at the Dealers until they 'may' be able to look at it on monday and as a courtesy car got a--- Fiesta Zetec ecoboost!

I know it's a decent car but going from an ST Focus to a 1 litre Fiesta is a bit of a drop. :huh:

Whats up with it.....

I know it's a decent car but going from an ST Focus to a 1 litre Fiesta is a bit of a drop. huh.png

Whats up with it.....

Nothing wrong per-se but going from a 300bhp Focus ST to a 3 cylinder Firsta feels very strange.

It's comfortable, nippy and the steering is good but the car is underpowered by my standards.

I can feel the engine vibrations through the pedals.

Wifey quite likes it's size and simplicity and has expressed an interest in getting one for herself when she gets a licence.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Jamie, exactly as Clive said, Omeprazole. I believe the last time I saw the witch doctor he mentioned something about them being available over the counter now (so not even sure if you need a prescription). I had a problem a few years back with an acid reflux feeling, I tried all the usual anti acid tablets and they were rubbish, popped the Omeprazole, (said Om-ep-ra-zol) and took them for a month probably, and that was that.... I actually ran out for a little while and my symptoms didn't return... about a month ago I had a nagging sore throat and they thought that could be a link to acid again, so went on them again for a month and all seems alright... (I think...).

I'll probably head down the pharmacy and see if I can grab some more as they are always handy to have knocking about just incase...

I don't like the fact that my Focus has been at the body shop for 3 days, and I won't get it back until Monday evening. :sad: I'd rather the job was done properly than rushed, but still I want my car back!!

Prior to Brandy's walk I don't like automatically from force of habit putting milk into my first coffee of the day: rather than cream.  Whilst I'm pursuing a near ketogenic diet, cream is far better as it has far fewer carbs than milk.  Coffee with milk per mug is close to 4 grams:sad:: whereas coffee with single cream is 1.76 grams:smile:  i had to throw it away and reboil the kettle:mellow:

I also don't like treading on rather sleepy wasp on the carpet, as I exited the shower:ohmy:  resulting in it stinging me in the toe webbing space between left big toe and 2nd toe.:sad: and then dying, as it bore my full body weight as my foot squashed it:sad:

Unfortunately, wasp numbers haven't recovered from when they all awoke too early, for it was warm in 2013.  Only to find the temperature plummeted, and they were all wiped out. Meanwhile, there aren't enough predators to keep the slug population in check, For them it's Christmas everyday day, since April 2013.  It is not a good time to kill, however accidentally, a wasp, who could've gone on to fertilise a queen next year

I also don't like I seem to have mislaid my small ratchet screwdriver. The space between next doors fence and my shed is too narrow to fit any of my bigger ratchets screwdrivers in.  I had to stop my commencement of shed rebuilding and re-roofing to get a replacement from Screwfix:sad:  Meaning, I'm rather late starting, what I had planned to do, as soon as Brandy's walk needs were sated.

19 hours ago, Incontro said:

What do people actually do on days off? Haven't had one in such a long time I wouldn't even know what to do with it!!

Rebuild and re-roof sheds before the November gales come calling, for instance

19 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like coming home and needing two glasses of wine to feel relaxed!!  I definitely have to be more strategic with my annual leave next year, and rather than booking a couple of "big" holidays and working non-stop the rest of the time, I should book some half-days and long-weekends to give myself regular breaks, plus one big break to go away somewhere.

I tend to take the odd day off to start and complete a project rather than have blocks off.  Although I'm the only one I know of who does that, everyone else seems to have a couple of fortnights away and then make do with bank holidays, as they come. 

Several governments have come and gone since I took an entire week off in one go!

18 hours ago, Preecematt said:

I don't like that as of next Friday, I will be jobless.  Didn't really get a very good explanation as he didn't say I'd done anything bad.  I think it's 2 things.  Me and the farm manager didn't get on & 2, I think they were overstaffed so as I was last one in, I'm the first to go.  

Sorry to hear that Matt:sad:

16 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like being getting up to a pack-a-day...  No, not cigarettes (any more!), but these!

WP_20161028_21_39_19_Pro.jpg

I've always suffered from heartburn, but I only needed antacids a few times a week until the past 12 months, when I've been taking them every hour. 

It is getting to the point now where I should really see my doctor about it, as severe heartburn can be quite serious in the long-term.

Sounds like you've got a reflux condition, like my brother has. which I think is called GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease)

His GP prescribes him a capsule called Omeprazole which has prevented him living with daily heartburn and getting through Gaviscon, Settlers and Rennies by the handful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

I don't like the fact that my Focus has been at the body shop for 3 days, and I won't get it back until Monday evening. :sad: I'd rather the job was done properly than rushed, but still I want my car back!!

Shame!  But, you could ask to borrow your Dad's Range Rover in the meantime... :wink:

I don't like the idiot in a vomit green Ford C-Max who decided to cut a corner on an NSL road just as I was going round it!  The Mercedes isn't exactly the most agile of cars (nor the smallest!) and I had no choice but to swerve into the grass verge at 50MPH!!  Given the terrible day I've had at work and my foul mood, I was so tempted to turn around and follow him and give him a piece of my mind, but decided that getting arrested for assault wasn't a good idea.

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

Shame!  But, you could ask to borrow your Dad's Range Rover in the meantime... :wink:

Haha! :laugh: I wish, but I'd probably never give it back! (Not red though...:tongue:

On a serious note I bet the insurance would be horrific on a 305hp car at my age!! He said he'll have a look when I'm 18, if he still has it by then. :rolleyes:  (he wants an Aston Martin now! :angry:)

1 minute ago, GMX said:

I don't like unforeseen snags:sad:

Me neither, I discovered a rather large one not too long ago.

I'd assumed I would have finished rebuilding my shed wall by the time I lost the daylight, a moment ago, and started on the re-roofing

However, I was banking on the original shed frame being square and true: which it was not!!:ohmy:   Near enough every upright was out, by between 2° and 8° !! :ohmy:There's also some unexpected skewing on some of the beams.

I've spent most of the afternoon truing it up and as a consequence, have only fitted 3 horizontals to support my new shed skin.

1 hour ago, chrisroberson99 said:

On a serious note I bet the insurance would be horrific on a 305hp car at my age!! He said he'll have a look when I'm 18, if he still has it by then. :rolleyes:  (he wants an Aston Martin now! :angry:)

My mate who's an insurance broker was on about a 17 year old they'd got cover for, on a Range Rover: the annual premium was £22K :surprise: with £10K excess:surprise:

Although unlike yourself, this 17 year old had managed to have acquired 7 outstanding claims against him (in just 9 months of driving!:surprise:) and had just recently written off one of the family cars.  His Dad thought he might be safer in the Range Rover, apparently. 

• Like 1

I don't like the gum behind my lower left rear-most tooth becoming incredibly painful again.  It was like this a few months ago and then went away, but has returned.  Not sure if it is a wisdom tooth or what, but either way I would rather be without it!!

I don't like burning my brakes out on the way down to Wales for the WRC, those awesome Welsh driving roads between Bala & Welshpool up through the hills(can't remember the name of the road but it's got a 12% incline going up & a 17% incline going down, or vice versa if your going in the opposite direction) combined with a Ecobeast does not combine well with fuel efficiency or brake pads.  Also don't like getting jobs suggested to me.  I don't even know if I want to stay in farming, I want to see a psychologist first to sort my head out but according to everyone else I'm fine

16 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

I don't like burning my brakes out on the way down to Wales for the WRC, those awesome Welsh driving roads between Bala & Welshpool up through the hills(can't remember the name of the road but it's got a 12% incline going up & a 17% incline going down, or vice versa if your going in the opposite direction) combined with a Ecobeast does not combine well with fuel efficiency or brake pads.  Also don't like getting jobs suggested to me.  I don't even know if I want to stay in farming, I want to see a psychologist first to sort my head out but according to everyone else I'm fine

That's the problem.  Everyone else thinks you are fine because you get up every day, go to work and go to bed at night.  That's the requirements for being "fine" to the outside world, but only you know if there is a problem. 

Definitely get yourself checked out first and do what is best for you.  Other people can make judgements, but only you have to walk in your own shoes.

• Like 1

I don't like cleaning out the inside of a car for the first time after buying it...  Cleaning up your "own" dirt is one thing, but somebody elses makes my skin crawl!! :unsure:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like cleaning out the inside of a car for the first time after buying it...  Cleaning up your "own" dirt is one thing, but somebody elses makes my skin crawl!! :unsure:

You should have stopped by the Eastgate centre carpark on the way through Inverness, Polish boys(I think) in there have an area cordoned off for valeting cars. Always seem to be busy. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

That's the problem.  Everyone else thinks you are fine because you get up every day, go to work and go to bed at night.  That's the requirements for being "fine" to the outside world, but only you know if there is a problem. 

Definitely get yourself checked out first and do what is best for you.  Other people can make judgements, but only you have to walk in your own shoes.

Hit the nail on the head there.  Can't do well at a job if my heads not in the right place.   

The fact you've identified the fact that you could use some help, and want it is a good sign that you will be fine!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeanW said:

The fact you've identified the fact that you could use some help, and want it is a good sign that you will be fine!

Absolutely!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

You should have stopped by the Eastgate centre carpark on the way through Inverness, Polish boys(I think) in there have an area cordoned off for valeting cars. Always seem to be busy. 

I'll bear that in mind.  I know a guy in Elgin who does fantastic valeting so I think I'll go to him when I have some spare cash.

• Like 1

I don't like the consequences of putting the clocks back coupled with running out of hammer in fixings, at critical point in my shed rebuilding before the autumnal storms visit.(again) :sad:

Although Screwfix's click and collect is fast, my order was ready for collection with 30 seconds of so of sending it:yahoo:, the sun went down on my way home:sad:, and is now too dark to accomplish anything:sad:

I don't like driving the C220 (automatic) for five days and then jumping into the Focus!  Having gotten used to the relaxed driving style of the Mercedes, I just didn't enjoy the Focus.  Yes the manual is great for quick acceleration, but overall it is more trouble than it is worth. 

Because I prefer automatic people automatically (pardon the pun...) assume that I can't drive a manual, which couldn't be further from the case.  I can drive a manual transmission better than a lot of people, but my problem with it is that I don't see the point.  Unless power and acceleration are of utmost importance, an automatic is much easier to deal with. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club