Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

An automatic provides a very different driving experience. In the case of your Mercedes, I can see exactly why you'd prefer the auto over the manual equivalent. Certainly, in my opinion, an auto suits the car better as at the end of the day it's not a sports car! I personally prefer manuals, especially on something like a Focus which doesn't suit an auto at all IMO. It's It's a nimble, fun to drive and nippy car and an auto just takes away those characteristics. (Plus the knackered auto Foci I've been in have been dreadfully slow!) My grandparents have a MK2 auto Focus and whilst it's a great car it's rather soulless to drive.

However, on something like the Mercedes or my dad's Range Rover, the auto suits it down to the ground. Plus with the RR you have flappy paddles for if/when you want to do the gears yourself!  :wub:

I think it all boils down to the car itself and what you want from the driving experience. 

On Friday, October 28, 2016 at 11:16 PM, Zico said:

Definitely book an appointment Jamie.

I've recently had (having) a few issues with digestion, nausea etc. but I'm aware of the root cause and awaiting an MRI to check up on my Crohn's.

Hope you get some proper treatment soon.

Sorry I know that it's a bit late but hope your Crohn's calms down (as much as possible) soon. Such a horrible illness, but keep strong! :smile:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Sorry I know that it's a bit late but hope your Crohn's calms down (as much as possible) soon. Such a horrible illness, but keep strong! :smile:

Evening Chris.

Feeling slightly better off this last day or so compared to the previous three weeks. MRI appointment turned up today for the 17th November so will see what's going on then.

• Like 2

I don't like driving the C220 (automatic) for five days and then jumping into the Focus!  Having gotten used to the relaxed driving style of the Mercedes, I just didn't enjoy the Focus.  Yes the manual is great for quick acceleration, but overall it is more trouble than it is worth. 

Because I prefer automatic people automatically (pardon the pun...) assume that I can't drive a manual, which couldn't be further from the case.  I can drive a manual transmission better than a lot of people, but my problem with it is that I don't see the point.  Unless power and acceleration are of utmost importance, an automatic is much easier to deal with. 

I do agree I used to give auto drivers stick but after driving through central London for a few days I can now see the appeal. Next car would definitely be an auto. Test drive the new 1.5 ecoboost mondeo in auto and it needed more power but very smooth definitely the 2l will be better. 😁😁

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I don't like that it's suddenly the time of year where people are spreading viruses around again, coughs and sneezes all over the place...as someone who's terrified of catching anything I think my next trip to Tesco will be in a haz-mat suit... :unsure: 

And on that note, I don't like whatever happened last night, I'd had a headache all day, and by the late evening felt extremely rough, was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open and fell asleep in the chair at ~10pm, can't remember the last time I fell asleep out of bed, must've been over 10 years!  When I woke up I was boiling hot and so shaky and wobbly I could barely walk to the loo.  Got in bed and was panicking that I was gonna be ill, trying to go through all the food I'd eaten if anything might've been dodgy, and all the places I could've caught something, put the radio on to try distract myself from it but it didn't really work. 

At some point I fell asleep and woke up this morning feeling the same as normal...which isn't good but it's not deathy either lol.  I'm wondering if it was simply tiredness that caused it but I really have no idea! :unsure: 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like that it's suddenly the time of year where people are spreading viruses around again, coughs and sneezes all over the place...as someone who's terrified of catching anything I think my next trip to Tesco will be in a haz-mat suit... :unsure: 

And on that note, I don't like whatever happened last night, I'd had a headache all day, and by the late evening felt extremely rough, was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open and fell asleep in the chair at ~10pm, can't remember the last time I fell asleep out of bed, must've been over 10 years!  When I woke up I was boiling hot and so shaky and wobbly I could barely walk to the loo.  Got in bed and was panicking that I was gonna be ill, trying to go through all the food I'd eaten if anything might've been dodgy, and all the places I could've caught something, put the radio on to try distract myself from it but it didn't really work. 

At some point I fell asleep and woke up this morning feeling the same as normal...which isn't good but it's not deathy either lol.  I'm wondering if it was simply tiredness that caused it but I really have no idea! :unsure: 

Yes, tiredness (and stress!) can do that to you.  Many times I've come home from work and felt like death warmed up, then went to bed and awoke the next morning feeling normal again, which like you isn't great but is better than the alternative!

• Like 2

I don't like that my kitchen radio, a Roberts RD-22, has been rendered obsolete because the remote has stopped working!!! The remote is pretty integral to the operation of the radio in as much as the only thing you can WITHOUT it is, turn it on and off and turn the volume up and down. It's a cracking wee radio, good sound from a smallish unit that sits nicely on top of the kitchen cupboard. Hell, I even specified a socket above the cabinets when we built the house so I could put the radio there!

I've been in contact with Roberts and they don't have any remotes in stock as they are now obsolete, they don't even have one they could programme with a learning remote!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like that my kitchen radio, a Roberts RD-22, has been rendered obsolete because the remote has stopped working!!! The remote is pretty integral to the operation of the radio in as much as the only thing you can WITHOUT it is, turn it on and off and turn the volume up and down. It's a cracking wee radio, good sound from a smallish unit that sits nicely on top of the kitchen cupboard. Hell, I even specified a socket above the cabinets when we built the house so I could put the radio there!

I've been in contact with Roberts and they don't have any remotes in stock as they are now obsolete, they don't even have one they could programme with a learning remote!

The Roberts Stream93i is an excellent replacement,

Could try local phone repair shop to see if they can fix the remote or try eBay for remote 

• Like 1

For your remote control, have you tried searching for the part number rather than for the radio number?

I tend to find you get better results that way.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Turvey said:

I'd do a thorough search online to see if a replacement is available, otherwise maybe have somebody look at the remote to see if it is repairable.  It could be the sensor on the actual radio that is at fault though, and not the remote control itself.

• Like 1

I'd do a thorough search online to see if a replacement is available, otherwise maybe have somebody look at the remote to see if it is repairable.  It could be the sensor on the actual radio that is at fault though, and not the remote control itself.

You can also get one of those logic universal remote controls. They work very well

• Like 1

I don't like watching Watchdog last night...

More burning Vauxhalls - there's a Corsa D that parks in our car park! :unsure: 

More burning tumble driers - got me wondering if any neighbours in my block have got an effected one (already checked mine and it's not).

Talking about food hygiene of ASDA delivery...while I don't have delivery, or shop at ASDA, I don't really trust the warehouses to be as clean as the shops...especially since I used to work in a small supermarket!  But they also mentioned about certain bacteria on the outside of raw meat packets, that only makes you ill 2-5 days after the event so you wouldn't even guess what caused it...why can't these packets all be passed through some sort of disinfector at the factory?  Either a 'damp' antibacterial wash like a car wash style or a dry one with UV lights or something?

• Like 1

Being at home for more than a week looking for a new contract this close to Christmas

• Like 1

A fly going around the room all day when im working night shift and trying to sleep, 

Don't want to spray it because then the room will smell and it's to fast for me to swatt it with somthing.

can't leave door open for it to escape as kids are down stairs screaming aswell 😦

13 hours ago, Lenny said:

The Roberts Stream93i is an excellent replacement,

Could try local phone repair shop to see if they can fix the remote or try ebay for remote 

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have a look. 

10 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

9 hours ago, Ken.K said:

You can also get one of those logic universal remote controls. They work very well

11 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

For your remote control, have you tried searching for the part number rather than for the radio number?

I tend to find you get better results that way.

I gave a pal of mine the remote to have a look at. He repairs iPhones, laptops etc etc and said he couldn't fix it. I have spent many an hour searching Google and eBay for replacements to, so far, no avail, but I'll try Stoney's idea and get a part number and try that. 

In the course of my conversation/emails with Roberts I asked about universal controls and they informed me that their 'boffins' had tried to get one working but they weren't happy with the results so they refused to 'release the codes'!   

• Like 1

I don't like finally relenting and having to put the heating on!!! :smilie_tux:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't like finally relenting and having to put the heating on!!!

That's embarassing!:blushing:

I have had the heating on at times, for the last two weeks. Hit 3C to 6C overnight. Last night it was 1C (in the greenhouse), then cold & wet, heating has been on all day. And this is Southern England, about 700 miles south of Orkney!ohmy.png

Maybe 10 years ago I would have hung on a bit longer, :canadian: but I am not as tough as I once claimed to be. Working at a desk indoors all day does'nt help.

A couple of glasses of wine does help though. :wine:

Oooh, now where do I start, with today's dislikes???.

I don't like being awoken at 4:30am with a left leg undergoing a massive spasm, in the overall inner thigh area.:sad:  Which wasn't relieved by walking up and down the hall in a purposeful manner, nor being rubbed: after 10 minutes of :ohmy: and :eek:, it went of it's own accord.:mellow:  Back to bed I went, for all of half an hour, only to be awoken again, with my right inner thigh having it's own cramp session, although I was able to bring that to an abrupt halt by doing some squats and stretches.  And so I returned to sleep (again)

Then Brandy awoke me three quarters of an hour later, with a desperate need for the loo. As I arose swiftly and sort of spun on my left leg backwards; I was revisited by the intense spasm I had some 1½ hours earlier. :sad::surprise: Making the journey downstairs to the back door with haste: somewhere between agony and excruciating but with a comedy value, on account of the spasm prone thigh causing an irrational limp and jerk manoeuvre :ohmy: 

I'm fairly certain all three were caused by getting my electrolyte balance wrong with my diet with the outside possibility of dehydration too.  When I look at yesterdays stats, both sodium and potassium levels were less than optimum:unsure:

I don't like that yesterday's earlier forecast of mainly rain, for most of the day proved to be more accurate than the later ones. That declared the rain wouldn't touch the south west and would wait until east Hampshire before commencing.

Since the clocks went back, and evenings are now dark, I had re-arranged my working days this week, to mornings and evenings.  Taking the afternoon off to rebuild and then re-roof my outbuilding/shed.  I had planned to remove the old roof this afternoon, having got as far as I can with the rebuilding of the structure.  Nothing productive happened this afternoon, apart sketching alternative pitches and roof elevations for my intended roof:sad:

At Screwfix, where I seem be going daily to collect my "click and collect" items, it seemed every YPLAC in Dorset (and possibly Hampshire, Devon and Somerset) had convened in their car park, determined to show everyone else, how not to park!  :sad:

Among the notable offenders, an red Astra van managed to straddle three parking bays, at the sort angle you only see in grapefuit, when there is a deformed segment, completely at odds with the other segments!  A blue transit van, belonging to a local plumber was the only correctly parked vehicle. As a consequence of al YPLACs, there weren't any spaces left: I had to park several units away, outside the PPE company, whose car park wasn't filled by YPLACs.

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I haven't had to yet but then I am about 700 miles south of you.

I did however, wear a beanie on both Brandy's morning and evening strolls today

9 hours ago, Turvey said:

The heating has been on here (storage heating due to no mains gas...) for the past few weeks, but so far I haven't needed to supplement it with the coal fire...  Yet!

Had to put mine on nearly a month ago!  Though I'm told my lack of weight doesn't help...damn those fat people! :laugh: 

Admittedly it is only on number 2 of storage heat.  Felt really cold last few days but determined not to turn it up yet as it costs so much.  Does anyone know what the lowest 'reasonable' temperature should be in a living/bedroom?  It's 18c in here this morning but it doesn't seem this cold when its 18c outside!! :unsure: 

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Had to put mine on nearly a month ago!  Though I'm told my lack of weight doesn't help...damn those fat people! :laugh: 

Admittedly it is only on number 2 of storage heat.  Felt really cold last few days but determined not to turn it up yet as it costs so much.  Does anyone know what the lowest 'reasonable' temperature should be in a living/bedroom?  It's 18c in here this morning but it doesn't seem this cold when its 18c outside!! :unsure: 

21c for living room and 18c for bedroom  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5372296.stm  but I suppose it's down to personal choice. 21 is too cold for Mrs Turvey in the sittingroom, hence the woodburner going on most nights recently, and 18 is, for us anyway, still a bit too warm for a bedroom :wacko: When we go to the Premier Inn in Inverness we ask for the air-con to be switched on, even in winter! 

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

The heating has been on here (storage heating due to no mains gas...) for the past few weeks, but so far I haven't needed to supplement it with the coal fire...  Yet!

The exact opposite here! Had the woodburner on here most nights for a couple of weeks. Just been leaving the doors open to warm the rest of the house, free scrap wood from work helps :wink:

I live in a studio flat, the living room is the bedroom lol. :unsure:  I'll try not to let the temp drop below 18cthough, going on that logic.  My personal preference would be a bit warmer during the day but my bank balance says otherwise lol. 

• Like 1

I don't like Farming Simulator 2017 not really being worth the money, yes it's got some new tractors & my favourite breed(Fendt) but you can't customise the Fendt(not even to a black beauty) and it's only got 1 new map with the 2nd map being an official add on from FS15.  Don't like that I've deleted my Man Utd/England save off Football Manager 15 & don't like that Steam deleted my 1000 cow Farming Simulator 15 save due to an XML file not being located.  Don't like being badgered/peer pressured into going to a farm for a job on Tuesday, I wanted to go off on my own + I'm working for a contractor friend in the spring as he collared me in Sainsburys for half an hour the other night.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club