Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

After replacing the headlamp bulb this morning, I don't like blowing a brake lamp on the C220 tonight!!  Had to stop at Tesco and buy a "universal bulb kit" just for one bulb which I had to change in the freezing cold (even colder than earlier) car park in the rain!  Fortunately the rear bulb cluster is easy to get to on the C220, unlike the MK1 Focus which has the worst design ever, requiring the whole unit to be removed from the car.

8 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

unlike the MK1 Focus which has the worst design ever, requiring the whole unit to be removed from the car.

Anything like the MK7? Fiesta? Had to change a bulb for my daughter the other day. Two screws from the outside, one screw that holds some trim in place which in turn holds the boot carpet in place, pull carpet which is as near as dammit solid out from behind the trim, unscrew a thumbscrew type thing that you can't actually see and remove light assembly!!!! 

7 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Anything like the MK7? Fiesta? Had to change a bulb for my daughter the other day. Two screws from the outside, one screw that holds some trim in place which in turn holds the boot carpet in place, pull carpet which is as near as dammit solid out from behind the trim, unscrew a thumbscrew type thing that you can't actually see and remove light assembly!!!! 

Yep, that's pretty much like the Focus!  In fact, the Fiesta sounds worse...

I don't like a certain grey Nissan Micra, who stopped dead in the filter lane, without any brake lights operating!! :angry:from Tesco leading on to the A349.  Causing Brandy to fall off the back seat and into foot well, as I braked firmly to avoid read ending it:sad:

19 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

unlike the MK1 Focus which has the worst design ever, requiring the whole unit to be removed from the car.

I do find it a mystery why Ford came up with that:unsure:

Clearly the designer has never had to change a rear bulb

I don't like seeing this out the window...

WP_20161117_23_42_43_Pro.jpg

Gonna need to get out 10-15 minutes early tomorrow for the first of the winter warm-ups!! 

The mk1 and mk Focus are easy to change bulbs on in comparison to the mk3.

I got to where I could change any bulb on my mk2 within about 5-10 minutes tops.

The mk3/3.5 is a pain, headlights are terrible to remove/refit and tail lights are fiddly to remove die to the plastic nuts they use.

Too little grip by hand and prone to snapping.

I found that pressing against the light and using a narrow paint scraper in the slot works well but does maul the plastic if not done properly.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Well, I was right...  First "real" frost this winter.

WP_20161118_08_06_35_Pro.jpg

The Focus' Quick Clear would defrost that windscreen in only a few minutes, but as I need to take the C220 I'll have to go and start it 10 minutes prior to leaving to let it naturally defrost. 

I love winter...  NOT!

Warm water always does the trick for me, I still use it even with the heated windscreen as the side windows don't defrost fast enough.

Before anyone complains I do mean warm, and no it won't crack any windows as mum as used this method for years without an issue.

Warm water is ok until you get a chip lol...  But tbf, the heated screen can cause a chip to crack just the same anyway.

Jamie, looks like you need the scythe out! :laugh: 

I don't like my sister leaving it until Wednesday to say she needs her brakes changed before a week away...leaving Sunday... :rolleyes:  Needless to say what I'm doing this afternoon lol, hope the weather holds, it's alright atm.

• Like 1

So glad I found this thread!

i don't like this flu virus thing I've got at the minute

i don't like sky q how it likes to break all the time 

Sky Q is fine.

It does freeze ocasionally but that's typical of Sky boxes anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I've had quite a few other issues with mine, thumbnails not working, freezing, loss of sound. 

It'll get better I'm sure, i can see the massive potential it has though!

It's ideal for me.

I have a media bed and having satellite cables running across the floor was a non-starter.

Stashing a Sky Q mini box under the bed which needs only a power lead and a HDMI cable is perfect plus the non infrared controller means no need for the box to be seen at all.

The mini box also acts as a wi-fi hub so my internet signal in the bedrooms is now excellent.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I don't like acquiring some unexplained right knee pain:sad: Which seems to come on when climbing up the stairs, when bending down to recover a poo during Brandy's strolls, or sitting at my desk.  It affecting the top of my right knee where the quadriceps tendon joins the knee; rather than the knee itself. It's behaving like a sprain but I haven't being doing anything remotely sprain-worthy:unsure:

After a substantial Google, I'm still unsure as to  my cause, as all the normal causes (sports injuries) I haven't been doing - it just appeared out the blue a couple of days ago:unsure:

Hmmmm does it almost feel like your knee cap is dislodged?

i get it sometimes, doctor says it's tendinitis. Horrible bud I feel for you!

• Like 1

Wear'n'tear plus cold/wet weather.

My left knee is better than the Met Office for predicting rain.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Wear'n'tear plus cold/wet weather.

My left knee is better than the Met Office for predicting rain.

Sent from my SM-G930F

My left knee is the same Stoney. anyone else with left knee weather forecasting ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Joss max said:

My left knee is the same Stoney. anyone else with left knee weather forecasting ?

Me, although to a lesser extent now that I've switched to an automatic.

• Like 2

I don't like having to separate a growling snarling Brandy from a hissing spitting claws extended Molly.  They were in dispute of the ownership of a sardine that fell off the grill:sad:

The only direct knee related activity I was doing prior to it coming on, was semi-kneeling on the top rung of a ladder without any knee pads on:huh:. During the re-roofing my shed/outbuilding, I wonder if that's the cause?:unsure:  I

It probably won't have helped! :tongue:

I don't like the Met Office's forecast for here, for the rest of  today and more so, for tomorrow:sad:

Everything i was going to do this weekend is outside. it's started raining as we returned from the vets, it's forecast to continue non-stop, increase in intensity and will be joined by gales tonight. Which will become severe gales this time tomorrow.

Whilst my lawns and vegetables will benefit from 13mm per hour, and all my butts replenished up to capacity: I can't proceed with anything on my "To do list":sad:

• Like 1

I don't like being stuck behind a grit spreader for 2 miles!  Aside from the fact I was limited to 20MPH on a main road, I will now have to start jet washing the underside of the cars on a weekly basis if they are going to spread that crap on the roads.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - LET IT SNOW AND THEN PLOUGH!  As for ice, grit does sweet FA to that anyway, so there is no point.  All grit does is gives you a layer of slushy snow which is harder to drive on than compacted snow, which is actually easy if you have good tyres.

• Like 1

Compacted snow eventually freezes and hardens though Jamie, making it very dangerous.

But nonetheless I also hate grit.

21 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Compacted snow eventually freezes and hardens though Jamie, making it very dangerous.

But nonetheless I also hate grit.

True, but still better than bare tarmac with ice and/or slush.

Yes salt and grit also makes the car so dirty! I've just done a 200 round trip today to Bournemouth, with 100 miles in rain. I dread to think what my car looks like in daylight now, bet it's filthy. :sad:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club