Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Having to find out one of sidelights is gone. Now need to change it. I guess good excuse go get white ones not yellow.

Edit: Anyone know what bulbs I will need for sidelight, foglights and main headlamps. Also I have a zetec so doubt they are xenons am I right?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mondeo headlamps!!

They're a right royal pain in the ***** to remove!! Looks easy enough...2 screws, wiggle & jiggle and out.

The frigging things don't jiggle out very easily at all!! Nearly half an hour I spent faffing with them!!

Meanwhile in other news KwikFit have released their annual financial records.
Sales have trebled in the Elgin area however their bill at the local ScrewFix store has doubled.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

I don't like that I've only just finished the paperwork that I wrongly thought I'd have done by around 1am:sad:

It's hardly worth going to bed now:unsure:

3 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Sales have trebled in the Elgin area however their bill at the local ScrewFix store has doubled.

We actually had something similar down here a couple of years ago. A local tyre fitter spent went out slashing tyres during  the  wee hours, on entire streets full of parked cars and vans to drum up business for his family ailing tyre business, averaging 70 complete sets of tyres per night.:ohmy:

He hadn't banked upon, or had forgotten that some people have dashcams with park mode and others CCTV.   I think it was during his fifth night of  slashing, his entire venture was filmed from the point of pulling up in his works van in it's distinctive livery, through to each and every slash he made, as proceeded down the road: and then driving home

He got 3 years at her majesty's pleasure and subsequently lost both the family business and the family home as a result of the compensation for his victims.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ken.K said:

Anyone know what bulbs I will need for sidelight, foglights and main headlamps. Also I have a zetec so doubt they are xenons am I right?

Shamelessly c&p'd from the Focus sub-section sticky

Ford Focus(2008>)

Dipped Beam - 499 (H7)

Main Beam - 448 (H1)

Front Fog - 708 (H8)

Sidelight - 501 Capless

Front Indicator - 382 Single Contact

Rear Indicator - 581 Indicator Bulb

Rear Brake Light - 780 Red

Rear Back Light - 780 Red

Rear Fog Light - 382 Single Contact

Reverse Light - 382 Single Contact

Number Plate Light - 501 Capless

Interior Light - 501 Capless501

Dam people parking to close to my door on car parks,had to get through passenger side it was so close.

Checked the side after as the passenger had to get out if was one but if there was must of been wafer thin,im far from wafer thin.

29 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

Dam people parking to close to my door on car parks,had to get through passenger side it was so close.

Checked the side after as the passenger had to get out if was one but if there was must of been wafer thin,im far from wafer thin.

A work colleague left these cards on peoples windscreens when people did it to him!:laugh:

Screenshot_20161205-064912.png

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WES180 said:

A work colleague left these cards on peoples windscreens when people did it to him!:laugh:

Screenshot_20161205-064912.png

Thats cool,there was some of them parking tickets floating about on eBay and looks like a real parking ticket and you tick the boxes and stick it on.

You can think of the words coming from my mouth.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Sent from my SM-G930F

It wouldn't surprise me!! :wink:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GMX said:

I don't like that I've only just finished the paperwork that I wrongly thought I'd have done by around 1am:sad:

It's hardly worth going to bed now:unsure:

We actually had something similar down here a couple of years ago. A local tyre fitter spent went out slashing tyres during  the  wee hours, on entire streets full of parked cars and vans to drum up business for his family ailing tyre business, averaging 70 complete sets of tyres per night.:ohmy:

He hadn't banked upon, or had forgotten that some people have dashcams with park mode and others CCTV.   I think it was during his fifth night of  slashing, his entire venture was filmed from the point of pulling up in his works van in it's distinctive livery, through to each and every slash he made, as proceeded down the road: and then driving home

He got 3 years at her majesty's pleasure and subsequently lost both the family business and the family home as a result of the compensation for his victims.

I am seriously wondering if that is what it is, and if so, I'm getting a bit paranoid about who I use when I next need tyres... :unsure:

I, and probably lots of others, don't like those morons who switch on their rear high intensity lights at the 1st sign of fog.

Those Mickey Mouse signs have been doing the rounds for about 40 years.
Simple but effective.

Sent from my SM-G930F

23 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Those Mickey Mouse signs have been doing the rounds for about 40 years.
Simple but effective.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I know a guy who used to go around car parks putting a home made version of that sign on badly parked cars..... until it resulted in a fight :-)

I don't like frozen screenwash this morning...was only -2 as well, thought it'd go lower but I am still on the 'summer' stuff tbf, waiting for it to run out so I can fill up with the Halfords berry stuff again. :biggrin: 

berry stuff any good? is that the -10c version?

I used bluecol -36C but I think it blues vision unless my car windscreen is just dirty.

• Like 1

Pour some cheap vodka in the bottle.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

Pour some cheap vodka in the bottle.

Sent from my SM-G930F

What does the vodka do? I heard someone say use vinegar to watch the windscreen

7 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

What does the vodka do? I heard someone say use vinegar to watch the windscreen

Vodka stops it freezing doesnt it? The cheap stuff should make a good degreaser and paint stripper too going off how it was burning my throat on friday night!:laugh:

• Like 2

Excellent for degreasing and boosting screen wash.
My Father used to be in boat building and they used vodka and gin to clean fibreglass gel coating.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I will give it a shot. I think my windshield is dirty as hell though cos my wipers make horrendous if it is just light rain and leaves streaks. Even after a visit to the car wash. Will get new wipers and use something like rainX when I get paid next

Other stuff good for degreasing is Acetone or MEK (basically the stuff used for cleaning oil based marker pen off white boards).

Sent from my SM-G930F

6 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Excellent for degreasing and boosting screen wash.
My Father used to be in boat building and they used vodka and gin to clean fibreglass gel coating.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I bet that was a good job, one for the boat, hic, one for me, one for the boat, hic, won formby :laugh:

• Like 4

It's probably cheaper to just buy proper screen wash than buying some vodka for it! :laugh:

Yeah Ian, I've used the berry one for a couple of years now, smells great lol and I've never had it freeze.  Doesn't smear either.  The main reason I started using it was the cheap stuff kept going off in the bottle and smelling awful, I haven't had any Halfords stuff go off so far.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club