Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Sad part is I do have a lot of friends that drive BMW's and they all drive so well makes me thinks who are these other people

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

On 12/6/2016 at 0:55 PM, TomsFocus said:

How do you find the -20 stuff?  Seems to have a lot of complaints so I always stuck with the berry one lol! 

Will definitely check the temperatures though as that seems odd. :unsure: 

No complaints - smells a bit odd, but works well enough.

On 12/6/2016 at 1:23 PM, iantt said:

-20 stuff is the green citrus?

Yeah, that's the stuff!!

One of my favourites was the Lidl stuff.  Not seen it for a while though...

I don't like forgetting to phone my tester mate for an MOT slot for the Mk1 Focus, i would've thought it unlikely he'll have a spare slot until next week now:oops:

• Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:22 PM, SeanW said:

Check the minimum temperature rating on both first!!

I got some Halfords "readymixed" that protects down to -20 for less than a bottle of their "concentrated" stuff that undiluted protects down to...yep...-20!!

Finally the screenwash warning light came on lol! :biggrin:  So I checked this...all of the Halfords concentrates are the same...  They are advertised at the concentrated temp, not the diluted temp.  So is it the same stuff in both bottles!?  :unsure: 

My don't like for today is facebooks yearly review...  I know my life's really boring, didn't need facebook confirming that! :laugh: 

• Like 2

I don't like almost forgetting to go to bed last night :ohmy:and as a consequence, only having 2 hours sleep:sad:.  As a result;  I've been sleep deprived all day:sad: and am struggling to concentrate:sad:  Not unlike a zombie:laugh:

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

My don't like for today is facebooks yearly review...  I know my life's really boring, didn't need facebook confirming that! :laugh: 

Facebook have a yearly review of the users?  :laugh: 

What like, "you have failed to post the mandatory number of comedy kittens and LOL cats" , or "why aren't you following the Kadashian family and liking every inane post they all make?"

Are there sanctions, if you have a bad review?:ohmy:

• Like 1

That sounds more like a Twitter review! :laugh:

No the facebook review basically chooses your 'best' pictures and statuses (statii!?) of the year to remind you how it's been...  Good idea in principal but mine was 3 car pictures, a broken wheel nut and a couple of happy birthday posts... :lol:

On the subject of car pictures, I just took this one this afternoon...lovely autumn scene...ruined by that overhead cable!!  Didn't notice it at the time. :sad:

IMG_20161209_151548452.jpg

• Like 1

I don't discovering the rear screen washer on the Mk1 Focus, has a fractured pipe somewhere between the nozzle and where it goes into the tailgate.:sad:  Each time I put on, no jet on the windscreen but drip drip drip drip coming off the tailgate trim and a small pond forming in the boot.:ohmy:

I also discovered, that in the process of tracing the washer pipe, the plastic part of third brake light bulb mount is broken in several places, the bulbs are only being held by the copper bus, but they still work.  I'm not sure if that's plastic degrading with age, or the previous owner was a bit ham fisted when changing the bulbs

A further but unsurprising discovery; given it's methanol content, is that screen wash stings when it get in an open cut:mellow:

21 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

On the subject of car pictures, I just took this one this afternoon...lovely autumn scene...ruined by that overhead cable!!  Didn't notice it at the time. :sad:

Can't you Photoshop the cable out?

On 06/12/2016 at 0:55 PM, TomsFocus said:

How do you find the -20 stuff?  Seems to have a lot of complaints so I always stuck with the berry one lol! 

Will definitely check the temperatures though as that seems odd. :unsure: 

Be careful with the berry one, it attracted a mouse to my dad's last car and it chewed holes in the under bonnet insulation where it had dripped!

He's always used plain "alcohol" smelling stuff since.

46 minutes ago, GMX said:

Can't you Photoshop the cable out?

Not sure.  I can't use photoshop personally...MS Paint is about my limit. :unsure::laugh: 

41 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Be careful with the berry one, it attracted a mouse to my dad's last car and it chewed holes in the under bonnet insulation where it had dripped!

He's always used plain "alcohol" smelling stuff since.

I can't imagine the mouse survived much longer after that lol? :lol:  There's loads of cats around our car park so hopefully there aren't too many mice about here.

34 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Not sure.  I can't use photoshop personally...MS Paint is about my limit. :unsure::laugh: 

People may laugh but the copy and paste on Windows Paint can get some decent results. Just copy the cloud and move it up to cover the cable. Ive used it to visualise an extension on my house and various other projects.:smile:

1474816626000.jpg

1476546643331.jpg

Not bad eh! Ignore the slight bow on the roof ridge!:laugh:

• Like 5

I don't like it when people can't follow simple requests.....

I personally don't think I ask too much of people, maybe I do... but bagging up dog crap and bringing it INTO the house instead of shoving it in a bin outside is one example...

Letting the dogs out at least once in the two hours I'm out is another... cleaning up if the pup has an accident can be another...

Maybe the requests are too large, but seeing as dog crap at this stage is small enough to pick up with a bit of bog roll and flush down the toilet which is about 10 steps away I didn't think it was.... oh well, C'est la Vie....

• Like 2

Haha Wes, just a slightly dodgy builder that's all.....either that or wood from a banana tree!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ianb said:

Letting the dogs out at least once in the two hours I'm out is another... cleaning up if the pup has an accident can be another...

Have you got Pretzel a friend or many friends now?

I don't like my memory loss getting worse...  It is now being noticed by others and really starting to affect my life.  I'm sure it is stress/depression related, but it is worrying nonetheless!

2 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like my memory loss getting worse...  It is now being noticed by others and really starting to affect my life.  I'm sure it is stress/depression related, but it is worrying nonetheless!

You told us that yesterday!:whistling1:

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Some medication can cause this affect aswell, I was one prescribed Tramadol for a fractured pelvis and believe it or not; it made me write backwards at times aswell as forgetful but this became shadowed by the levels of extreme euphoria 😊 all from the same medication thankfully over the fracture and no medication anymore.

Stress & depression are very difficult experiences which can haunt you in waves.

2 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Ah that's terrible 😐

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Thanks Wes! :laugh:

I did check though to make sure you weren't being serious... :unsure:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Thanks Wes! :laugh:

I did check though to make sure you weren't being serious... :unsure:

Ha ha. Yeah, only joking mate. Stress and depression are are terrible for memory loss. Ive forgotten so many things from over the years so youre not on your own!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Some medication can cause this affect aswell, I was one prescribed Tramadol for a fractured pelvis and believe it or not; it made me write backwards at times aswell as forgetful but this became shadowed by the levels of extreme euphoria 😊 all from the same medication thankfully over the fracture and no medication anymore 

True, but I'm only on Propanolol for anxiety/migraines and Omeprazole for heartburn/acid reflux and have been on the former for over 2 months now and the latter a couple of weeks.  I suppose it has gotten worse since taking the Omeprazole, but I doubt that has a connection.

Ironically I had two more instances of forgetfulness just in the process of typing this post.  First I went to check the time and found I had taken my wristwatch off, but had no recollection of doing so, and secondly went through to the kitchen to find the name of the medication I'm on, but by the time I got there I forgot what I went through for and came back, then saw this half written reply and had to go through again!! 

By comparison to some of the more serious things that have happened though, those couple of "moments" were minor.

4 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

True, but I'm only on Propanolol for anxiety/migraines and Omeprazole for heartburn/acid reflux and have been on the former for over 2 months now and the latter a couple of weeks.  I suppose it has gotten worse since taking the Omeprazole, but I doubt that has a connection.

Ironically I had two more instances of forgetfulness just in the process of typing this post.  First I went to check the time and found I had taken my wristwatch off, but had no recollection of doing so, and secondly went through to the kitchen to find the name of the medication I'm on, but by the time I got there I forgot what I went through for and came back, then saw this half written reply and had to go through again!! 

By comparison to some of the more serious things that have happened though, those couple of "moments" were minor.

😦I'm on here to escape my wife whom well she blames me for everything and I'm talking to you whom is blaming me for increasing levels of forgetfulness by enducing taskful situations 😀

My wife's ever silent "anxiety issues" 

25 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Memory loss doesn't sound all that bad...  Do you forget minor embarrassments and awkwardness from the day/week/life?  The amount of time I spend shouting at myself (in my head lol) to forget about something or let it go is ridiculous...  Some of the things happened over a decade ago...they're usually the ones to pop up at 3am and stay there a couple of days... :laugh:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lenny said:

The working class enthusiast business enterprise getting hit hard 😕

http://www.thejournal.ie/counterfeit-ford-products-3131072-Dec2016/?utm_source=twitter_self 

I bought some mud flaps off him, when I got the Mk1 Focus on his eBay account, allegedly genuine Ford one's.  Apart from the fact they looked nothing like OE Ford when they arrived, the quality was abysmal and he wasn't selling them that much cheaper than say, Ford Parts UK.  Paypal refunded me, when he didn't respond.

He's been trading on eBay a lot longer than the dates given in that article.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club