Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Yes, she uses the Mk1 Focus as it's an automatic, but won't drive further than about 3 miles, and has given up driving in the dark entirely

I don't like my first run in an artic being great until I got to avonmouth. Had a 3 and a half hour wait to get tipped. by which point I was coming down badly with proper man flu.

My whole body aching, shivering one minute then red hot with a fever the next. Banging headache and tablets we're not touching it at all.

Had to get driver who was with me to take over driving as there was no way I could drive.

Ended up being a 12&1/2 hour shift as we didn't take the pallets we collected to our last drop we went back to the yard instead.

I did however have to drive the last 40 mins back to the yard as I was feeling almost OK otherwise he would have had to take another break.

Got home and had broken sleep all day, dizzy, headache, aches and nausea. hadn't eaten for 24 hours either, just really ill.

My boss gave me tonight off anyway so that was good.

Hate feeling at deaths door one minute then almost normal the next. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, simcor said:

I don't like my first run in an artic being great until I got to avonmouth. Had a 3 and a half hour wait to get tipped. by which point I was coming down badly with proper man flu.

My whole body aching, shivering one minute then red hot with a fever the next. Banging headache and tablets we're not touching it at all.

Had to get driver who was with me to take over driving as there was no way I could drive.

Ended up being a 12&1/2 hour shift as we didn't take the pallets we collected to our last drop we went back to the yard instead.

I did however have to drive the last 40 mins back to the yard as I was feeling almost OK otherwise he would have had to take another break.

Got home and had broken sleep all day, dizzy, headache, aches and nausea. hadn't eaten for 24 hours either, just really ill.

My boss gave me tonight off anyway so that was good.

Hate feeling at deaths door one minute then almost normal the next. 

Shame your first run got spoiled:sad:

Although it's bought my streaming cold into perspective.:mellow:

A cold is just irksome in comparison to flu

I always seem to end up with it around this time, just as the holiday season is near to start. And I'll bet a pound to a dollar it will come and go but last for a couple of weeks or so.

I reckon yesterday I could have cooked an egg on the back of my neck I had that high a temperature.

I'd be happy if I was just really ill for a couple of days really bad and then it's gone, but it's the whole feeling so I'll one minute then almost fine the next.

At least the nausea has stopped for a while and manged to eat some pasta without chucking that up.

I dont like 5979 posts of negativity!!! Oops, better make that 5980!:laugh:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WES180 said:

I dont like 5979 posts of negativity!!! Oops, better make that 5980!:laugh:

4k posts on the 'do like' thread and 6k on the 'don't like' thread...  I wonder if that says more about Ford owners or just Brit's in general? :laugh: 

Starting to see why people hate Audi drivers.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Starting to see why people hate Audi drivers.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Only starting to?

(Skip to 4:17, lol)

Still disagreeing about my notice period!! This time the director spoke to me to say it's a month. Yeah, right. !!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Still disagreeing about my notice period!! This time the director spoke to me to say it's a month. Yeah, right. !!

Surely it is in your contract?

Your not wrong there tom. I've decided to leave on 30th. Then they have to pay me for the Xmas bank hols while I sit at home. Ha ha. It amazes me how nice employers can be until you say your leaving .lol

• Like 4

I didn't like waking up, to some howling and whimpering, by a distressed Brandy wedged in the well, between my futon and the bedlinen storage box:sad: 

She'd clearly slipped off the duvet, and was now stuck:sad:  The  benefits of her daily Metacam  would have faded during the night, so it was too painful to use her rear paws to push herself out, and on their own, her front paws hadn't the strength to pull her out.:sad:

I also don't like having a particularly distracting itchy left ear hole:sad:  It's the only symptom of my cold that Tescos cold capsules haven't suppressed.  Appeasing it with one of those floss-on-a-stick ear cleaners, only satisfies it for a few minutes:huh:

I have a nice set of brushes for cleaning oil ways in the garage: I'm getting sorely tempted to try one of those, may be the nylon one: the steel one might be bit harsh:lol1:

On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 1:20 PM, iantt said:

Your not wrong there tom. I've decided to leave on 30th. Then they have to pay me for the Xmas bank hols while I sit at home. Ha ha. It amazes me how nice employers can be until you say your leaving .lol

When I was leaving my previous job; I changed my login on the computer to "YourOnlyANumber" 

on my way out the manager shook my hand and asked what the password was, 

I said it's Your Only A Number mate, don't forget that 😅 cya later

• Like 4

I don't like forgetting that I am watching a recorded programme and inadvertently sitting through the adverts...

• Like 8

1 minute ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like forgetting that I am watching a recorded programme and inadvertently sitting through the adverts...

I do that all the time :smile:

• Like 3

And me, and do the opposite. Trying to fast forward then realise I didn't press record.

• Like 4

I don't like when your wife gets your phone while your sleeping,

Then goes through your phonebook list editing the assigned picture of each contact replacing it with a picture of some random person on the internet 😐😅

my mother does not look anything like a ***** St⭐ar yet thats the image assigned to the contact 😧

update: she has also drawn moustache's on the kids faces and is blaming the elf on shelf whom is on the floor in hall with a packet of markers 😂

• Like 4

I don't like the volume of under 2 year old cars with major dents and scrapes in Sainsburys carpark this morning...  Though it should've given me an idea what I was in for in store, getting bashed out of the way by 80 year olds trollies, well that's when they weren't leaving them stranded across the aisles, not even length ways!   Worst part is, when I did reach the correct shelf, the cooked meat and bakery items didn't have anywhere near long enough dates so I'll have to make a return visit later in the week anyway! :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

I don't like that the I can't fit much of the polystyrene packing from my recent purchases into the non-recycling wheelie bin, even when I break it into chunks.:sad:  Even if the council hadn't replaced the 240L bins with 180L ones, I doubt I could fit it in.  The new fortnightly collection doesn't help either, it won't be emptied until the 27th.

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like the volume of under 2 year old cars with major dents and scrapes in Sainsburys carpark this morning...  Though it should've given me an idea what I was in for in store, getting bashed out of the way by 80 year olds trollies, well that's when they weren't leaving them stranded across the aisles, not even length ways!   Worst part is, when I did reach the correct shelf, the cooked meat and bakery items didn't have anywhere near long enough dates so I'll have to make a return visit later in the week anyway! :rolleyes: 

Since I've replaced moderate carb milk with low carb single cream, as a coffee whitener, for my diet, I can see I might have logistics issue with getting enough cream to last over the bank holiday closures, but not too much that it sours before I've had chance to use it. :unsure:  Whilst you can freeze milk and whipped cream: I don't think you can freeze liquid cream, so i can't just bulk buy and freeze it:sad: 

Of course, everyone and his wife buys cream in the days before Xmas, and if I wait too long and go for my usual afternoon shop, they might not have enough for my usual weekly 4 x 600ml:unsure:  Halloween caused an afternoon cream shortage at Tesco, and that was only one day:sad:

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, GMX said:

I don't like that the I can't fit much of the polystyrene packing from my recent purchases into the non-recycling wheelie bin, even when I break it into chunks.:sad:  Even if the council hadn't replaced the 240L bins with 180L ones, I doubt I could fit it in.  The new fortnightly collection doesn't help either, it won't be emptied until the 27th.

Calm down 😊

get some petrol,

pour 1 litre in to a bucket, 

then put the polystyrene in the bucket, the chemicals in petrol will melt the polystyrene down to a molton base which will dry hard again but take up less space in your bin,

it's like melting chocolate without the heat 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Calm down 😊

get some petrol,

pour 1 litre in to a bucket, 

then put the polystyrene in the bucket, the chemicals in petrol will melt the polystyrene down to a molton base which will dry hard again but take up less space in your bin,

it's like melting chocolate without the heat 

That's a brilliant idea:smile:

Thanks Lenny:smile:

• Like 2

I don't like checking through the Focus' service history to find that the last oil change was at 60,000 miles, and it is currently at over 69,000 miles!! :shock:

For some reason I had it in my head that it was done at 64k, which would mean it was just due now, but 60k means it has covered 9,000 miles which is well over my usual 6,000 mile/6 month interval. 

• Like 1

I don't like that Brandy fell down the stairs (again) first thing this morning, on her way down to her morning ablutions, but unlike last time, didn't get up after her collision with the floor:sad:  She remained motionless for too long, and then yelped and growled when I tried to assess what she might have done to herself:sad:  Fearing she'd broken something, I manoeuvred her on to, and then wrapped her in a blanket and went straight down to the vets. 

She perked up a bit on the journey; but wasn't herself:mellow:  She remained cocooned on the back seat in her blanket

After an examination, an x-ray, and a CT scan the vet said she hadn't broken anything:smile: nor did she have any internal organ injuries:smile: She (vet) said it was the shock of having fallen the human equivalent of a 4-storey building, that immobilised her.  She (Brandy) does have a swollen cheek where she hit the occasional table in the hall but no mouth or muzzle injuries.

12 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like checking through the Focus' service history to find that the last oil change was at 60,000 miles, and it is currently at over 69,000 miles!! :shock:

For some reason I had it in my head that it was done at 64k, which would mean it was just due now, but 60k means it has covered 9,000 miles which is well over my usual 6,000 mile/6 month interval. 

I misremembered the expiry date of Mk1's MOT, I'd wrongly remembered it as the 18th December, it was actually the 15th.

For 6000 miles, my Foci would have had around 12 oil changes!  Every 6 months, mine have one. But then you do more miles per month than I do per year:laugh:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club