Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 hour ago, GMX said:

Molly is my cat

116400_0.png

Yes, Molly has wandered in and out of the kitchen all day

Well Molly is a cute cat, and how is she in herself, is she in good health and happy e.t.c. and did you rescue her from an animal sanctuary as well ?

How is Brandy doing now, has she made any progress or anything, does she seem any better in herself ??

thank you

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like seeing a MK1 Focus Ghia 2.0 for sale very locally for a very good price, but not having the money as it is 11 days to pay-day... :shock:

Why couldn't the seller have waited two weeks before listing for sale!? :pissed:

By the time I do get paid, the best deal will be Vauxhall Corsa with three flat tyres.

How much is the car up for ?

cheers

34 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

from the pictures it has the typical rust on the rear arches and doors.

I've yet to get the typical rust on my Mk1, everyone else seem get it, yet mine won't:laugh:

17 minutes ago, Fastlife91 said:

Well Molly is a cute cat, and how is she in herself, is she in good health and happy e.t.c. and did you rescue her from an animal sanctuary as well ?

How is Brandy doing now, has she made any progress or anything, does she seem any better in herself ??

thank you

Molly is a very vibrant 5 year old, she too is a rescue, from Cat's Protection. although unlike Brandy she wasn't a abused.  Her previous owner lost his job and consequently his  house and then his new landlord wouldn't allow pets, so he gave her up for adoption. 

I got Brandy to drink water from a syringe, she drank around 300ml, 10ml at a time. Following that, I wondered whether she might eat something if I liquidised it first, and fed it to her in the same manner. So I made her a chicken wing and lamb heart smoothie.  She ate the first syringe full, started on the second but was reluctant to have any more.:mellow: Since she had a drink her eyes look brighter

I've just carried her upstairs to my office, along with a fresh hot water bottle, her woolly fleece and one of her plush toy dogs, she's partially under my desk resting her head on my right foot

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GMX said:

I've yet to get the typical rust on my Mk1, everyone else seem get it, yet mine won't:laugh:

Yours is a 2004 though, isn't it?  It seems to be the pre-facelift MK1s that were the most prolific in terms of corrosion.

15 minutes ago, GMX said:

Molly is a very vibrant 5 year old, she too is a rescue, from Cat's Protection. although unlike Brandy she wasn't a abused.  Her previous owner lost his job and consequently his  house and then his new landlord wouldn't allow pets, so he gave her up for adoption. 

I got Brandy to drink water from a syringe, she drank around 300ml, 10ml at a time. Following that, I wondered whether she might eat something if I liquidised it first, and fed it to her in the same manner. So I made her a chicken wing and lamb heart smoothie.  She ate the first syringe full, started on the second but was reluctant to have any more.:mellow: Since she had a drink her eyes look brighter

I've just carried her upstairs to my office, along with a fresh hot water bottle, her woolly fleece and one of her plush toy dogs, she's partially under my desk resting her head on my right foot

hello

You're great, so many animals are in need of a good home with a loving owner to look after them and you sound very caring and loving. It's awful to hear Brandy had been abused but it's great to know she was taken out of that situation and has had a lovely life living with you.

It's great that she is drinking and that she has ate some , surely that is some improvement, and with her eyes appearing brighter that sounds to be a good thing.

Yes good idea, keep a hot water bottle nearby at least then she has the option of wanting it and if not she can move it away (if she has strength too) but if not makes sure she doesn't get too hot and dehydrated please. it's a good idea also to have her woolly fleece and dog toy as they will be comforting to her. when you say she is resting her head on your feet, is her head floppy or okay ? does she seem to have any strength in herself ? 

thanks

• Like 1

On 1/15/2017 at 9:07 PM, jmurray01 said:

I work for an outsourcing company who provides call centre services to a major UK energy supplier, put it that way... :laugh:

1250 units is a heck of a lot to use in a month, but is not at all surprising if he has an electric central heating system.  They are the worst, even worse than storage heaters.

Ah no surprise, nowadays everything is outsourced lol

Indeed. Lesson learnt the hard way, need to avoid properties with electric central heating from now on!

21 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like an intermittent scoring sound from the brakes, and also a stiffer than usual clutch pedal on the 405 whilst driving home from work tonight...  I haven't had an issue for a while, so it would be typical of a French car for two to arrive at once!!

Speaking of brakes my rear drums on my Focus have started sticking again :sad:

Yesterday when leaving the house - was stuck on pretty damn hard after the rainfall on Sunday. Had to rev the engine quite hard - followed by a giant "THONK" and a backwards leap of the car! Brakes made some screeching sounds while stopping at low speeds, but noise seems to have disappeared for now.

Imagine if you have a friend or someone from work with you in the car when this happens - how embarrassing it must be! Why oh why Ford couldn't you spend a few more quid and put proper brakes on! Even bleedin' Vauxhalls don't have drums! I would have gladly paid the difference when purchasing my car!

/endrant

12 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Speaking of brakes my rear drums on my Focus have started sticking again :sad:

Yesterday when leaving the house - was stuck on pretty damn hard after the rainfall on Sunday. Had to rev the engine quite hard - followed by a giant "THONK" and a backwards leap of the car! Brakes made some screeching sounds while stopping at low speeds, but noise seems to have disappeared for now.

Imagine if you have a friend or someone from work with you in the car when this happens - how embarrassing it must be! Why oh why Ford couldn't you spend a few more quid and put proper brakes on! Even bleedin' Vauxhalls don't have drums! I would have gladly paid the difference when purchasing my car!

/endrant

Yeah, the 405's rear drums have started sticking slightly, which is surprising as the handbrake barely works!! :laugh: 

The Focus' drums have never given me any problems though, even when it was parked up for 2 weeks.  That said, the previous MK1's O/S drum did seize up completely when it was parked for 3 weeks, but that was my own fault for parking it (knowing it would be sitting for an extended period of time) and leaving the handbrake on.  I should have put it in gear and left the handbrake off.

Speaking of which, isn't your Focus an automatic?  In which case, unless you are parked on a slope then there is no need to apply the handbrake, so that could help avoid unnecessary embarrassments.

13 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Yeah, the 405's rear drums have started sticking slightly, which is surprising as the handbrake barely works!! :laugh: 

The Focus' drums have never given me any problems though, even when it was parked up for 2 weeks.  That said, the previous MK1's O/S drum did seize up completely when it was parked for 3 weeks, but that was my own fault for parking it (knowing it would be sitting for an extended period of time) and leaving the handbrake on.  I should have put it in gear and left the handbrake off.

Speaking of which, isn't your Focus an automatic?  In which case, unless you are parked on a slope then there is no need to apply the handbrake, so that could help avoid unnecessary embarrassments.

Yes, auto :smile:

I guess you could, but it makes me wince when I think that all the stress of holding the car in place is on one small part of the gearbox (parking pawl). Gearboxes are expensive.

3 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Yes, auto :smile:

I guess you could, but it makes me wince when I think that all the stress of holding the car in place is on one small part of the gearbox (parking pawl). Gearboxes are expensive.

Not much stress if it is level ground.  But I take your point.

34 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

hello

good advice.

How's you're day been, everything good ?

I'm off to  the cinema tonight to watch a film called split, it looks good judging from the short preview clip I watched, should be fun and provide a little break to help keep my mind of the problems of motoring, lol. 

Cheers

9 minutes ago, kpg said:

I'm hoping this is a joke/photoshop:

1484692260270.jpg

What have they done ?

Made it more aerodynamic apparently. It doesn't look as bad in some angles, but it's looking a bit melted there, lol.

Perhaps it's better in the metal?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kpg said:

I'm hoping this is a joke/photoshop:
What have they done ?

Starting to look more like a Jaguar XJR 😦 Europe is killing the raw American style of the mustang, 

I think ford need to ban the compass from all it's design studios; no more curvy edges guys.

That looks nice actually. Am split on the mustang I see some and think oh wow I see others and think meh

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't like passing over 20 cars with blown headlamp(s), 5 with high beams on, 3 with poorly aligned headlamps, and 4 that hadn't bothered to switch them on full stop!!  All in the space of 27 miles going from Nairn to Lossiemouth tonight.

IDIOTS!!  EVERYWHERE!!!! :angry:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like passing over 20 cars with blown headlamp(s), 5 with high beams on, 3 with poorly aligned headlamps, and 4 that hadn't bothered to switch them on full stop!!  All in the space of 27 miles going from Nairn to Lossiemouth tonight.

IDIOTS!!  EVERYWHERE!!!! :angry:

The amount I see in the morning going about with no lights on is unreal! Lights are dual purpose ie see and BE SEEN!!! Switching your own lights off and on a couple of times usually gives the oncoming driver a clue :wink:

3 minutes ago, Turvey said:

The amount I see in the morning going about with no lights on is unreal! Lights are dual purpose ie see and BE SEEN!!! Switching your own lights off and on a couple of times usually gives the oncoming driver a clue :wink:

You would think so, but in the times I've done it only once or twice has it resulted in a driver turning their lights on.  If you are too stupid to realise you need your lights on then you are also too stupid to realise what flashing lights from an oncoming vehicle means.

Some people should just take the bus!!

On 17/01/2017 at 0:18 AM, jmurray01 said:

Yours is a 2004 though, isn't it?  It seems to be the pre-facelift MK1s that were the most prolific in terms of corrosion.

Interesting, so the pre-facelift models are more prone to corrosion then ?

cheers

You would think so, but in the times I've done it only once or twice has it resulted in a driver turning their lights on.  If you are too stupid to realise you need your lights on then you are also too stupid to realise what flashing lights from an oncoming vehicle means.

I agree

I find flashing lights at folk, especially up here where the chances are you might know the other driver, just results in a friendly wave back!!! :rolleyes:

And sometimes it's the bus that needs to switch it's lights on! Seen quite a few busses up here recently driving on either very dim sidelights or dipped headlights with one blown bulb! So much for daily checks! 

I don't like that although she seemed to rally yesterday, Brandy deteriorated this afternoon:sad:  Having been constantly with her since she first declined, nursing her, syringing water into her mouth, trying (and failing to persuade her eat), I knew I had to make what was probably a one-way trip to her vet. 

Whilst she didn't seem too distressed (animals mask their pain anyway so that wasn't a guide), of the 7 signs of end of life she was displaying 5 them!!:sad: 

I can tell you, it's very hard to suppress your emotions, so your poorly dog doesn't pick up on it, as you drive in a spirited (but legal) fashion to the vets,  for what you know will be their final visit.:sad:

As I'd already phoned ahead to explain what was happening to Brandy to the vets, they had set aside a consulting room for Brandy to go straight in and not wait with the other dogs and cats.

I have to say I YPLAC'd and abandoned rather than neatly and correctly parked in vets car park:mellow:, so I could carry her in quickly.

After examining her, the vet said Brandy had suffered at least two strokes, one on Monday when she could no longer control her paws, had lost her appetite and thirst and another this afternoon.  There was nothing they could do.  She was euthanised at 6:20pm:sad::msn-cry:

brandy cushion.jpg

Brandy

19th September 2000 - 18th January 2017

I'm so so sad after reading that Ghana, RIP Brandy. :sad::sad::sad::sad:

I hope it gives you a little strength, knowing that Brandy is up there in a better place now, without any suffering.

• Like 4

I'm sorry for your loss Ghana. Take pride in the fact that you rescued Brandy and gave her a good life for all the years she was with you.

I'm sat here myself with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes as it feels like only yesterday that I was in the same situation as yourself with our female Rottweiler Kiya who was put to sleep in July last year at almost 14 years old.

• Like 1

It's ironic that 16 years ago this week I collected her from her Dog's Trust foster parents in Ringwood to begin her new life

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club