Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I was really hoping not to read this but when you said she pooed on her blanky I knew this would be the next result cos Samething happened to our dobberman years ago. Take heart mate and you did the best you could and gave her a very good life in the end. She is not more suffering and jumping about in doggy heaven.

I feel you loss mate but it will get better.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

RIP.

I feel your loss Ghana.

Never easy losing a long time companion.

I've seen 4 long term companions go in my life and it never gets any easier.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GMX said:

It's ironic that 16 years ago this week I collected her from her Dog's Trust foster parents in Ringwood to begin her new life

Think about the 16 GOOD years you had with her that she may not have had, had you not chosen her :wink3:

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Think about the 16 GOOD years you had with her that she may not have had, had you not chosen her :wink3:

Yes, that is very true:smile:

I will grieve for Brandy and then I'll give another dog a new home, and hopefully another 16 good years:smile: 

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, GMX said:

I don't like that although she seemed to rally yesterday, Brandy deteriorated this afternoon:sad:  Having been constantly with her since she first declined, nursing her, syringing water into her mouth, trying (and failing to persuade her eat), I knew I had to make what was probably a one-way trip to her vet. 

Whilst she didn't seem too distressed (animals mask their pain anyway so that wasn't a guide), of the 7 signs of end of life she was displaying 5 them!!:sad: 

I can tell you, it's very hard to suppress your emotions, so your poorly dog doesn't pick up on it, as you drive in a spirited (but legal) fashion to the vets,  for what you know will be their final visit.:sad:

As I'd already phoned ahead to explain what was happening to Brandy to the vets, they had set aside a consulting room for Brandy to go straight in and not wait with the other dogs and cats.

I have to say I YPLAC'd and abandoned rather than neatly and correctly parked in vets car park:mellow:, so I could carry her in quickly.

After examining her, the vet said Brandy had suffered at least two strokes, one on Monday when she could no longer control her paws, had lost her appetite and thirst and another this afternoon.  There was nothing they could do.  She was euthanised at 6:20pm:sad::msn-cry:

brandy cushion.jpg

Brandy

19th September 2000 - 18th January 2017

Sorry to hear about your loss mate,

god bless

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to read this, I really did hope she was making a recovery. 

It doesn't surprise me that she had suffered strokes, as her condition did seem akin to that of my grandparent's late labrador.

You gave her a very happy and long life Ghana, against the odds considering her situation before you rescued her.

She's in a better place now.

• Like 1

On 05/01/2017 at 6:11 PM, GMX said:

Brandy was one of five puppies, one of her brothers went to the gamekeeper to become a working dog like his father, her other brothers' and sister went to normal dog loving homes, 

However, the young Brandy found herself being homed with an erratic alcoholic ....

I can remember back to when we took Blackie, the cat who had lived with us for 16 years, on that last visit to the Vet. While it hurt a lot, and was hard at the time, thoughts of what he added to my life were a big compensation. And still are today. Animals, and humans, may die, but memories, especially good ones, live on.

Brandy was a very lucky creature. After a bad start, she found someone who would give her all the care she could want, right up to the very last possible point. But I am sure it worked both ways. In her way, as best she could, she would no doubt return that care with faithful devotion and companionship.

Life and death are inextricably inter-twined. We have to survive the bad bits, and hang on to the good bits as hard as we can. The good times with Brandy, some of which I read about on this site, will stay with you, and with many of us, for as long as we can keep our memories!

It is great to think that another dog may have the chance for a new & better life, like Brandy did. And because every animal is different, and every human, he or she will never replace Brandy, but will be different. You can have both, in a way, one in memory, one in real life!

• Like 7

As has been said sorry to hear of your loss, Brandy is at peace now. Kindest but hardest thing to have done. Pets become so much more than a pet, they are part of the family.

At least she had a great life by the sounds of it thanks to you and 16 years she may have never had.

• Like 1

Hate seen a focus driver drive like a complete knobhead. Firstly he over takes on the left of a gyratory. Then tailgates the car in front Of The next, crosses across 3 lanes to the right and then just before the exit at least going 60mph crosses over again in front of all car just making the exit.

Erm, possibly a stupid question but@Ken.K what is a 'gyratory'?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't like remembering how old I REALLY am!!!

I was speaking to a mate yesterday about going to see a band again that I first saw 20 odd years ago...........................and then figuring out it was actually 30 years ago!!!!! :ohmy:   :crybaby::wheelchair: 

• Like 4

Erm, possibly a stupid question but@Ken.K what is a 'gyratory'?

A signalled controlled roundabout usually bigger than a normal roundabout.54e3f15be1040c623ce6c6c92a7ab448.jpg

• Like 1

Ah right, thanks. I was kind of hoping it was some very bizarre but funny auto correct lol

• Like 2

I don't like being dog-less:sad: 

17 hours ago, Ken.K said:

A signalled controlled roundabout usually bigger than a normal roundabout.54e3f15be1040c623ce6c6c92a7ab448.jpg

Now there's a sign I haven't seen for a while.:laugh:

It must be close to 20 years since I was last there.

26 minutes ago, GMX said:

Now there's a sign I haven't seen for a while.:laugh:

Going around Canford Bottom is just as complicated though.... lol.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Going around Canford Bottom is just as complicated though.... lol.

Particularly when there are BMWs on it

I don't like almost running over a cat on my drive home from work...  It ran out of the long grass at the side of the road in a 30-zone, and even despite the 405's terrible brakes and lack of ABS, it escaped, within centimeters of going under the O/S tyre! :eek:

That's one of its nine lives gone!!

I don't like being dog-lesssad.png 

Now there's a sign I haven't seen for a while.laugh.png

I'm sure there is another wee pup somewhere that needs your love and care.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I'm sure there is another wee pup somewhere that needs your love and care.

Sent from my SM-G930F

There are indeed.

As it happens, tomorrow, I'm going to meet, walk and play with a springer spaniel, at a local rescue centre, who needs a new forever home.  

http://www.margaretgreenanimalrescue.org.uk/41870 

• Like 7

There are indeed.
As it happens, tomorrow, I'm going to meet, walk and play with a springer spaniel, at a local rescue centre, who needs a new forever home.  

She's a little cutie.
I have a real soft spot for Springers having had one for 6 years now (officially called Jedi but I call him Jed).
I love their drive, energy, cheekyness and eagerness to please.
I hope you are a good fit for each other and go on to write a new life chapter together.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GMX said:

There are indeed.

My mum got hers from there. She's a volunteer for them, collecting from the mgft food bin at the local supermarket.

I've dropped off the stuff at Bere Regis quite a bit.

My mum also got her latest cat from the Church Knowle branch.

Great charity. They even let me behind the scenes for my school coursework when they were having the kennels built.

• Like 2

I don't like.....

If my bluetooth disconnects or isn't turned on at the phone then my sync2 defaults to the radio, and usually AM band. Odd because I never listen to AM, in fact I'm not sure it still exists. Also, on the same topic I wish we could edit the 'source' list. I would move AM and FM to the bottom of the list and bluetooth to the top.

I don't like the fecking tool that was driving this Discovery the other day and decided to cut me up turning into a junction.

Is the number plate illegal? It's insured and taxed as L1NTA.

L1 NTA.JPG

• Like 1