Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Don't worry, just realised it's the same on my own number plate with the 1 :blush:

• Like 1

I've recently realised that when your wife has little to none of an income and it comes to your birthday.

It leaves an overwhelming empty feeling in my chest, despite knowing nothing was going to happen but not even a card. 

And the kids wanted me to take THEM to the cinema to see "SING" because it's my birthday like;  was weird.

overall no cards no cake nothing just another day 😕

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

I've recently realised that when your wife has little to none of an income and it comes to your birthday.

It leaves an overwhelming empty feeling in my chest, despite knowing nothing was going to happen but not even a card. 

And the kids wanted me to take THEM to the cinema to see "SING" because it's my birthday like;  was weird.

Happy birthday Lenny:smile:

It could have been worse, she might have asked for some of your money to buy you your present and card.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lenny said:

Happy birthday Lenny!!! We all love you on here (no homo), that's what matters :smile:

Things I don't like - the Qashqai I test drove today, more-so out of curiosity than anything else. Was surprised at how rubbish it was - lots of road noise (only slightly better than my Focus, and much worse than the new shape Civic), lots of turbo lag (throttle was binary - either ON or OFF), and even creaking power steering!

Who knows, part of my brain is telling me to just get another (newer) Focus lol. They really are superb cars - I was so glad to be back in mine after the test drive! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Happy birthday Lenny!!! We all love you on here (no homo), that's what matters :smile:

Things I don't like - the Qashqai I test drove today, more-so out of curiosity than anything else. Was surprised at how rubbish it was - lots of road noise (only slightly better than my Focus, and much worse than the new shape Civic), lots of turbo lag (throttle was binary - either ON or OFF), and even creaking power steering!

Who knows, part of my brain is telling me to just get another (newer) Focus lol. They really are superb cars - I was so glad to be back in mine after the test drive! 

Nissan are completely owned by Renault since 2007 your Nissan quashqai has a 1.5 Diesel Renault engine just like a Dacia Duster but different badge 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMX said:

Happy birthday Lenny:smile:

It could have been worse, she might have asked for some of your money to buy you your present and card.

That would have been alot worse to be fair 😁 look what I bought you with your bank card 😲

Happy Birthday Lenny. Don't forget the best presents are ones that money can't buy [emoji87]For instance, and this is a once a year deal from he wife, she leaves me the hell alone and doesn't ask me to do the most mundane tasks lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't like being officially skint having put diesel in the car and bought shopping this evening.  That's not bad for January though, which is notoriously hard when it comes to money thanks to early pay before Christmas extending the period between pay cheques (5 weeks).

• Like 1

I don't like I've mislaid my box of balls. :sad:  A couple of months ago I bought 25 re-pressurised deep cleaned tennis balls for Brandy's ball needs, now I can't find them:sad:

I'm not sure I can some more tomorrow before 11:30am, if I don't find them.  Do Tesco sell tennis balls, for instance?:unsure:

30 minutes ago, GMX said:

Do Tesco sell tennis balls, for instance?:unsure:

They certainly used to, especially during Wimbledon etc :wink: try Poundland etc might have them to tide you over until you find your box full of them :laugh: 

• Like 1

I don't like NOT being the tallest in our household anymore! Our oldest son, 15, has overtaken in the last week 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Turvey said:

They certainly used to, especially during Wimbledon etc :wink: try Poundland etc might have them to tide you over until you find your box full of them :laugh: 

Thanks Kevin:smile:

i was planning a hour or so of ball throwing with Pipper tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't like NOT being the tallest in our household anymore! Our oldest son, 15, has overtaken in the last week 

I think I was 11 when I overtook my Dad, whereas my brother had to wait until he was 13

• Like 1

Enjoy your first meeting@GMX it sounds like Pipper would be lucky to come and live with you. Tennis balls are normally available in Tesco but not usually the cheap ones, they are normally Wilson ones. The ones in Poundland are pretty poor and fall apart in an excitable dogs mouth. My daft dog loves to rip them to bits, we get solid rubber ones now. Not the rock solid ones, the ones with a bit of bounce in them. As long as they fit in the 'launcher' I'm happy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we dont do tennis balls in this household any more, tried that one on our dog, i spent my time retrieving them myself as she would chase them but not retrieve. only time she does is in the back garden.
previous dog i had was tennis ball mad . i used to walk her down by tennis club courts early in the morning and he used to come out the hedges with a new ball every time, some mornings my pockets were full of them on the way home!

13 hours ago, Lenny said:

Nissan are completely owned by Renault since 2007 your Nissan quashqai has a 1.5 Diesel Renault engine just like a Dacia Duster but different badge 

Well in that case, even more reason to avoid it like a barge pole lol.

Ford & Honda (and to a lesser extent BMW) seem to be the only makes I actually like nowadays.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Lenny said:

We've got a 2010 Qashqai with that engine and whilst it's maybe not the quickest car around it's not bad. The most economical car we've ever had. The owners club forums aren't nearly as good as this one though :wink: 

• Like 3

Sorry Lenny but after reading what you stated about Renault owning Nissan I found that hard to believe so I googled it out of curiosity. Renault own 43% of Nissan with rights to vote on its business. Nissan own 15% of Renault with no rights on its business. Both companies have the same CEO. But still I'm suprised at that. I'd have thought Nissan were far bigger than Renault but what do I know.
I don't like Renault cars at all and all Nissans bar the Skyline which I adore.

• Like 3

I don't like the white Audi who overtook me just as I had started turning right, into the entrance of the animal rescue centre:ohmy:

Perhaps he thought my right indicator flashing meant "please overtake me on the right, now"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GMX said:

I don't like the white Audi who overtook me just as I had started turning right, into the entrance of the animal rescue centre:ohmy:

Perhaps he thought my right indicator flashing meant "please overtake me on the right, now"

That's very dangerous!  I hope you gave him a good blast of the horn.

7 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

That's very dangerous!  I hope you gave him a good blast of the horn.

I did indeed, and gave him an extended headlight flash after he went past

• Like 4

Trying to replicate this 👇

_57_zpszpetahbb.jpg

20170122_175725_zpsvetfsi1i.jpg

on to the living room wall 

20170122_184322_zpskgqdkd5b.jpg

I've gotten the first three on the right side carefully marked out with 2" spacing 😥 20170122_191012_zpsbi7amiq5.jpg

only 12 more to go 😟

😣 just realised the third one down on the right side is different to the first two 😧

20170122_175725_zpsvetfsi1i_edit_1485113

thanks to the forum here for making me take a step back to re-evaluate the task.

20170122_194051_zps5fsfb7fk.jpg

• Like 1

I don't like that I've completely run out of single and double cream, to whiten any further cups of coffee, until 12:01am (when Tesco reopens).:sad:  Had i known I was so low, I could've got another tub before I went to see Pipper.  I have one tub of the extra thick but that's not runny enough to use as a coffee whitener:sad:

There's far too many carbs in regular milk and even more in the semi and skimmed versions.

23 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Trying to replicate this 👇

_57_zpszpetahbb.jpg

20170122_175725_zpsvetfsi1i.jpg

20170122_175653_zpsl2pwefsy.jpg

on to the living room wall 

20170122_184322_zpskgqdkd5b.jpg

I've gotten the first three on the right side carefully marked out with 2" spacing 😥 only 12 more to go 😟

How do you manage to get everything spaced evenly? :unsure: I struggle trying to get 2 or 3 pics in a line without them being a few mm out! Are you using old fashioned picture hooks or the new Velcro style hangers? 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club