Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like the route my life is taking at present...  But, unlike those idiots who let sat-navs lead them into fields and off cliff edges, I can make active decisions to turn things around.

The fact Ford wouldn't even consider authorising a £7 part as a gesture of goodwill, to fix a known issue (not only with the Mk 2.5 design)... the one real feeling of being let down by Ford!

9 hours ago, Micro said:

The fact Ford wouldn't even consider authorising a £7 part as a gesture of goodwill, to fix a known issue (not only with the Mk 2.5 design)... the one real feeling of being let down by Ford!

What issue are you talking about, out of interest?

But yes, Ford really do have a yuuuuuuuge way to go in terms of customer service.

3 hours ago, Incontro said:

What issue are you talking about, out of interest?

But yes, Ford really do have a yuuuuuuuge way to go in terms of customer service.

Corrosion/paint damage due to "sometimes sharp edges" of the tailgate handle trim and possibility of grit/dirt getting between it and the paintwork. There has been a TSB since 2011 for it.

Speaking to a couple different Ford approved repairers/garages sounded like a common issue but they will not budge on their decision not to help whatsoever due to the warranty having expired (but the Corrosion warranty is separate to the Perforation warranty?).

The fix appears to depend on the amount of damage, they have transparent vinyl which goes between the two pieces to stop damage, or there are black/silver vinyl bits that I believe stick out from the trim a bit to cover the damage, or the 3rd option listed is a full panel repair.

• Like 1

The weather!

So chuffin' cold!!  Not nice when you're on the water all day in power boats!!

Only another 3 days to go...

On 12/02/2017 at 9:14 PM, SeanW said:

The weather!

It's a bit of a pain when at work you can be going from warm vehicle, to cold outside, inside to buildings, outside to cold, and back into a warm vehicle. Means you don't know whether to wear a coat or not!

• Like 2

Don't wear a coat/jacket whilst in vehicle but put it on before getting out of it. Makes a world of difference.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Micro said:

It's a bit of a pain when at work you can be going from warm vehicle, to cold outside, inside to buildings, outside to cold, and back into a warm vehicle. Means you don't know whether to wear a coat or not!

Sounds like YOU could use a FordOwnersclub Fleece 😉

#DirectMarketing 

• Like 3

I don't like one of my email providers who has always been free for a limited storage account (25mb), is ending all their free accounts, as according to the email from them.  "We have very few customers with the limited free accounts now, most people upgrade to to higher capacity after a few months of use, it's costing us too much to continue to offer them".

However, they have stated as a long term free user (since the late 1990's), I can have a 50% discount off any of their packages if I upgrade before July 2017.  Most of them have far more storage than I could possibly use in several lifetimes, even if I never deleted an email.  I've opted for the smallest storage on a 3 year contract, which is £33 (or thereabouts it was priced in US dollars, even the company is Australian)

On 12/02/2017 at 9:14 PM, SeanW said:

The weather!

My Ranger rover owning neighbour took his boat his power boat out on Sunday too, a family trip circumnavigating the Isle of out Wight.  He said he's never been so cold and what was he thinking of, taking the boat out:laugh:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, GMX said:

My Ranger rover owning neighbour took his boat his power boat out on Sunday too, a family trip circumnavigating the Isle of out Wight.  He said he's never been so cold and what was he thinking of, taking the boat out:laugh:

Hanging with the "Big Knob's" 

I don't like getting home to find that the Ghia's fuel gauge was bang on empty!! :ohmy:

The computer said I still had 60 miles left and the low fuel light hadn't illuminated so I didn't realise how low it was...  Strange thing is that the fuel light does work as it illuminates with the bulb check when the ignition is first turned on, but doesn't illuminate when the needle hits empty like it does on the Zetec.  Perhaps as the computer still calculates 60 miles of fuel left, it won't come on until that gets below a certain point?  Either way, I don't think I'm brave enough to keep driving and find out!! 

40 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like getting home to find that the Ghia's fuel gauge was bang on empty!! :ohmy:

The computer said I still had 60 miles left and the low fuel light hadn't illuminated so I didn't realise how low it was...  Strange thing is that the fuel light does work as it illuminates with the bulb check when the ignition is first turned on, but doesn't illuminate when the needle hits empty like it does on the Zetec.  Perhaps as the computer still calculates 60 miles of fuel left, it won't come on until that gets below a certain point?  Either way, I don't think I'm brave enough to keep driving and find out!! 

Ive gotten 30km beyond the point where the computer is displaying 0km 

but I wouldn't like to be there doing that again 😅

Just now, Lenny said:

Ive gotten 30km beyond the point where the computer is displaying 0km 

but I wouldn't like to be there doing that again 😅

No, I certainly wouldn't do it on purpose!!

• Like 1

Just now, jmurray01 said:

No, I certainly wouldn't do it on purpose!!

I was on a journey where I had left my bank card with the wife to do a lodgement and I had cash in my pocket but the only fuel station I met was fully automated and I only had cash no card with me 😣

Managed to make it to the next fuel station by driving below the rev range that turbo comes on aswell as coasting on the hills to save as much as possible 😥

5 hours ago, GMX said:

I rather foolishly agreed to do my Power Boat Instructor course before checking when it was...

Assessment day tomorrow - and I haven't been asked to go home yet...soo...err...fingers crossed

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

I was on a journey where I had left my bank card with the wife to do a lodgement and I had cash in my pocket but the only fuel station I met was fully automated and I only had cash no card with me 😣

Managed to make it to the next fuel station by driving below the rev range that turbo comes on aswell as coasting on the hills to save as much as possible 😥

Don't modern cars use little/no fuel when 'freewheeling' when in gear as opposed to clutch in/out of gear? :unsure:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Don't modern cars use little/no fuel when 'freewheeling' when in gear as opposed to clutch in/out of gear? :unsure:

That's what I was thinking, but my instinct is still to dip the clutch if I'm trying to save fuel.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lenny said:

Sounds like YOU could use a FordOwnersclub Fleece 😉

#DirectMarketing 

Not sure the organisation would approve ;-)

12 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

Don't wear a coat/jacket whilst in vehicle but put it on before getting out of it. Makes a world of difference.

Might only be outside for a minute or so, before end up back inside somewhere toasty. Probably should just grow a pair! :P

• Like 1

I don't like learning that the reason the main road out of my town was closed earlier today was due to a fatal house fire... 

Fortunately I didn't know the man personally, but had seen him out and about quite frequently.  The house always piqued my interest due to its unusual style and the way it was almost hidden from view, despite being on a busy road. 

I don't like discovering all the computer magazines, that could be relied on for component reviews, have moved on to being general tech magazines, or ceased trading all together.:sad:

Whilst those still in existence, do review, aside from graphics cards: they no longer review computer components:sad:

I also don't like waking up with a paw in my mouth, perhaps Pipper was utilising my warm breath as a foot warmer:laugh:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GMX said:

I don't like discovering all the computer magazines, that could be relied on for component reviews, have moved on to being general tech magazines, or ceased trading all together.:sad:

Whilst those still in existence, do review, aside from graphics cards: they no longer review computer components:sad:

I also don't like waking up with a paw in my mouth, perhaps Pipper was utilising my warm breath as a foot warmer:laugh:

It's all online now. :)

• Like 2

I don't like the bewildering choice that is found in the world of mops.:sad:

Who would've thought that a mop isn't just a load of thick string on the end of a stick?:mellow:

There are different weights of head, different lengths and thicknesses of pile, microfibre or traditional: and that's just the string head type.  Then there are the squeegee sponge types, the flat sponges with or without scrubbing strips, the ragheads (for want of a better description, strips of cloth rather than string), the spinner types:wacko:

• Like 1

Things I don't like - feeling depressed. 

As a young graduate I'm lucky, since I was in the tiny minority able to find a decent paying job. But just feel like I've gone into the routine of eat/sleep/work all too soon, with not much else to look forward to.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club