Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Things I don't like - feeling depressed. 
As a young graduate I'm lucky, since I was in the tiny minority able to find a decent paying job. But just feel like I've gone into the routine of eat/sleep/work all too soon, with not much else to look forward to.

You can break that cycle man by doing things you like. Holidays hobby's etc. You do not need to make it boring

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

You can break that cycle man by doing things you like. Holidays hobby's etc. You do not need to make it boring

Thanks man, I guess you're right.

Thanks man, I guess you're right.

I started working right out of college and felt the same after awhile my career as just gon higher and higher and sometimes I have just take a step back and see good up why am I working so hard if I cannot enjoy my money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Incontro said:

Things I don't like - feeling depressed. 

As a young graduate I'm lucky, since I was in the tiny minority able to find a decent paying job. But just feel like I've gone into the routine of eat/sleep/work all too soon, with not much else to look forward to.

I'm not sure how old you are - but I've been in that routine since I was 17.  Only difference is, I'm not a graduate nor am I in a decent paying job! :laugh:

Joking aside, I know all too well what depression is like, so if you really do feel like you have got into or are getting into a rut, talk to your doctor.  It might seem over-the-top, but it's better getting professional advice when it is just a minor problem as opposed to letting it take control of your life, then getting signed off work etc...

• Like 1

Life and work are generally pretty boring and routine what you have to do is brighten it up with periods of enjoyment in whatever form that takes.

cars and beer are a good start [emoji593][emoji481]

• Like 2

I'm not sure how old you are - but I've been in that routine since I was 17.  Only difference is, I'm not a graduate nor am I in a decent paying job! laugh.png
Joking aside, I know all too well what depression is like, so if you really do feel like you have got into or are getting into a rut, talk to your doctor.  It might seem over-the-top, but it's better getting professional advice when it is just a minor problem as opposed to letting it take control of your life, then getting signed off work etc...

I do not know anything about depression but I know what it feels to feel like your stuck and just have a routine. Sometimes I just take the Mrs and drive for a night out or go to a scenic town. We get stuck in and forget to just stop back and see life and enjoy it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

I do not know anything about depression but I know what it feels to feel like your stuck and just have a routine. Sometimes I just take the Mrs and drive for a night out or go to a scenic town. We get stuck in and forget to just stop back and see life and enjoy it.

That's very true.  On the rare occasion I'm not working or intoxicated, I like to get in the car and just drive, with no particular place to go!  Sometimes it makes me more depressed because I wish I could just keep driving forever and never turn around but know I cannot do that, and sometimes it helps to clear my head and get away from the physical places of stress (work and home) for a while.  Either way, it's better to be depressed in the car than depressed at home in my opinion.

That's very true.  On the rare occasion I'm not working or intoxicated, I like to get in the car and just drive, with no particular place to go!  Sometimes it makes me more depressed because I wish I could just keep driving forever and never turn around but know I cannot do that, and sometimes it helps to clear my head and get away from the physical places of stress (work and home) for a while.  Either way, it's better to be depressed in the car than depressed at home in my opinion.

That is why when you can, buy a car you really like even if your on a tight budget just buy what you can enjoy and no you can turn back look at and smile

It's not the week for the Mk1 Focus:sad: and my Mum using it, together with inevitable phone call in the middle of Pipper's extended walk

Today's calamity, involved her overtaking far too widely and destroying the offside door mirror on an oncoming car's offside mirror:ohmy:  She stopped to exchange details, the other driver didn't and kept going.  She also phoned the police to report herself.

Conveniently I have a spare new offside mirror, after I bought a set, when my Dad had it and did something similar; but on the nearside with a parked van.

Speaking of overtaking widely, my dislike for today is cyclists riding two abreast.  Not so much of a problem on wide roads, but on winding narrow country lanes - seriously!? :ohmy::angry:

I pay road tax, I pay fuel tax, I pay car insurance, I HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY.  Cyclists pay no taxes for their push bikes and create far too much danger on the roads.

19 hours ago, Ken.K said:

I started working right out of college and felt the same after awhile my career as just gon higher and higher and sometimes I have just take a step back and see good up why am I working so hard if I cannot enjoy my money.

Some wise words there :smile:

53 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Speaking of overtaking widely, my dislike for today is cyclists riding two abreast.  Not so much of a problem on wide roads, but on winding narrow country lanes - seriously!? :ohmy::angry:

I pay road tax, I pay fuel tax, I pay car insurance, I HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY.  Cyclists pay no taxes for their push bikes and create far too much danger on the roads.

The thing that annoys me is that a cyclist can easily run into a car/scrape it causing damage, but can easily cycle away without any repercussions.

No number plates to trace them with, do you think 3rd party insurance at a minimum should be mandatory for cyclists?

• Like 1

Some wise words there smile.png

Typed that late at night so many. Spelling errors but am happy you understood. Lol basically just book a day to do stuff you like or a weekend and learn to leave work at work unless absolutely necessary. Do not take work stress home or home issues to work and definitely do not be scared to take a day off work you are entitled to it

• Like 1

I don't like buying screen-wash tonight then discovering I still had half a bottle of the £10 stuff (see previous don't like post!) left!!  It isn't the end of the world as I'll use it soon enough, but didn't need to buy it tonight off my limited money I have before pay day. 

Speaking of overtaking widely, my dislike for today is cyclists riding two abreast.  Not so much of a problem on wide roads, but on winding narrow country lanes - seriously!? ohmy.pngangry.png

On a windy back road it's often safer for them to ride to abreast, apparently. I'm not a cycler and they do annoy me with their flagrant disregard for the rules of the road - let's call that the Highway Code and Law [emoji6] but apparently it actually makes it easier and safer to pass them. The theory behind it is - if you have to overtake one cyclist then you should be in the oncoming lane by say 2ft which would mean the lane was empty for you to cross into it. So if that's the case you can go all the way into it and pass 2 cyclist riding alongside each other in the same time it would have taken to pass one. I still don't like sharing the road with the minority of them though. I perhaps don't feel quite as strongly as you do though @jmurray01 lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

On a windy back road it's often safer for them to ride to abreast, apparently. I'm not a cycler and they do annoy me with their flagrant disregard for the rules of the road - let's call that the Highway Code and Law emoji6.png but apparently it actually makes it easier and safer to pass them. The theory behind it is - if you have to overtake one cyclist then you should be in the oncoming lane by say 2ft which would mean the lane was empty for you to cross into it. So if that's the case you can go all the way into it and pass 2 cyclist riding alongside each other in the same time it would have taken to pass one. I still don't like sharing the road with the minority of them though. I perhaps don't feel quite as strongly as you do though @jmurray01 lol

Yes, but riding two abreast on a narrow country road can mean that it is impossible to safely overtake them as they take up the same width as a car, and you wouldn't/couldn't overtake one of those.

• Like 2

Fair point. The roads around your way can be particularly crap at the best of times.

4 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Fair point. The roads around your way can be particularly crap at the best of times.

Indeed.  The edges are very rutted also which means if you catch one with your tyre you can get pulled right into the ditch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken.K said:

Typed that late at night so many. Spelling errors but am happy you understood. Lol basically just book a day to do stuff you like or a weekend and learn to leave work at work unless absolutely necessary. Do not take work stress home or home issues to work and definitely do not be scared to take a day off work you are entitled to it

Brilliant advice mate, deffo going to follow that more 

As you said, I think my problem is that I'm not making my weekends interesting/fun enough - I might start going out and visiting new places, doing new things etc. Also plan to start going to the gym again soon.

Brilliant advice mate, deffo going to follow that more 
As you said, I think my problem is that I'm not making my weekends interesting/fun enough - I might start going out and visiting new places, doing new things etc. Also plan to start going to the gym again soon.

Deffo mate I used to be like that just work then complain about no money for having things or doing things and always serious trying to control everything. Then it clicked why stress, what will be will be and just do the best you can with any situation

• Like 1

Having spent 25 quid on new ink for my printer only to find its developed a fault where it won't print in black. No amount of cleaning and aligning etc etc from the hp website helped. In the bin with the fekker.

16 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

Having spent 25 quid on new ink for my printer only to find its developed a fault where it won't print in black. No amount of cleaning and aligning etc etc from the hp website helped. In the bin with the fekker.

Funny that, our HP printer has just started doing much the same thing! Prints out a sample picture OK but won't print out type in either BLACK or COLOUR! :mellow:

Time to bin it Turvey and buy a new one. Mine was about 4 years and hp forum seems to say bin time.
Mind you try this. Power printer up. When on and silent pull the power lead from the back of printer. Then unplug lead from wall socket. Count to 15. Plug lead back into wall socket. Then plug lead back into printer. Printer should start up as normal.
This apparently resets the printer according to HP. If that fails then new printer time.

25 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

Mine was about 4 years and hp forum seems to say bin time.

I hate the throw-away soon syndrome that seems to be creeping from packaging, through printers, to cars, these days.

My main printer is a Canon BJ-230, an A3 monochrome inkjet. It is 22 years old, and still working! Bit hard to get ink for.

My other printer is an Epson colour one. It is really slow to get going, and far too expensive and fussy to run for everyday use, so is only used for quality colour needs. It won't last like the Canon.

Yeah good point Peter. But considering the price now of all in one printers (and other electonic items) is that they're so damn cheap now it's easier to replace than repair.
Ink on the other hand. Feck me Epson ink is twice the price of say HP ink (and much more than the sauce lol)
The throw away society started years ago and seems the norm today unfortunately.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club