Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

That's ridiculous!  If I were you I'd be phoning in to make a heck of a complaint.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

That's ridiculous!  If I were you I'd be phoning in to make a heck of a complaint.

Indeed. I'll be sending an email to the CEO, and the UK director.

Unless talking on your phone in light drizzle for a few seconds (i.e. typical British weather), or leaving it in a damp bathroom for a few minutes counts as 'water damage', it was never water damaged.

major catastrophe this morning, the sofa's electric recliner started making horrible noises and wouldnt revert to upright position. imagined being being stuck in my sofa all day( wishfull thinking!! lol) 

dragged myself out  and investigated, motor had come loose/fallen apart. while on the floor  fixing this i could hear water dripping noise from behind me. then felt water dripping on me. mmm, water dripping off the ceiling light fitting on to me. sure its only supposed to produce light.

argh!!! the hot water tank is leaking upstairs !!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, iantt said:

major catastrophe this morning, the sofa's electric recliner started making horrible noises and wouldnt revert to upright position. imagined being being stuck in my sofa all day( wishfull thinking!! lol) 

dragged myself out  and investigated, motor had come loose/fallen apart. while on the floor  fixing this i could hear water dripping noise from behind me. then felt water dripping on me. mmm, water dripping off the ceiling light fitting on to me. sure its only supposed to produce light.

argh!!! the hot water tank is leaking upstairs !!!!

not a good day then :sad:

• Like 1

got my priorities right by having sofa fixed first. lol .well, its only water and the plasterboard didnt come down. havent tried switching the light on yet though,perhaps i should before it gets to dark to see the consumer unit trip its breakers.  turned the water off and heating. was a "non floating" float valve on top of hot water tank combined with a loose fitting overflow pipe. rather wet floor boards upstairs 

good start to sunday!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iantt said:

got my priorities right by having sofa fixed first. lol .well, its only water and the plasterboard didnt come down. havent tried switching the light on yet though,perhaps i should before it gets to dark to see the consumer unit trip its breakers.  turned the water off and heating. was a "non floating" float valve on top of hot water tank combined with a loose fitting overflow pipe. rather wet floor boards upstairs 

good start to sunday!! 

Atleast you've got to it early enough! 

1 hour ago, stef123 said:

Atleast you've got to it early enough! 

yep, feet up time now , would have been  gutted if i had to sit upright. lol  

oh you mean the water leak? ha ha yep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

yep, feet up time now , would have been  gutted if i had to sit upright. lol  

oh you mean the water leak? ha ha yep.

Glad it didn't soak your seat lol

• Like 1

Got to work taking my wipers / scuttle panel off with the aim to look at the top of the strut mounts, lovely hot day too.

Just got to taking the actual scuttle panel off the strip that runs along the bottom of the windscreen, when I noticed that the windscreen had a small inch long crack coming up from the strip... turns out there is a small chip smack bang below where the drivers side wiper parks, which has now blown and spread half way across the drivers side of the screen :( Cue very angry Ted putting all the plastics back on and ringing the glass people! Put me right off doing anything else to the car that day (except washing it).

I now know why I always ensure I have glass cover on the insurance!

i don't like in every packet of Tesco avocados (both "ripen at home" and "ripe and ready"), there is always one that has large parts that are inedible:sad:  it's either rotting from the inside out:sick:, or hasn't ripened properly and has become very fibrous; like a coir doormat:wacko:  That's between a 25% and 50% loss of edible avocado each time:angry:

The one i've just opened has rotted around the stone, where it should be pale green and firm: it is black and slimy:yucky: It's partner, however, is perfect:smile: That's a 50% loss on this packet of ripe and ready:ohmy:

I buy a couple of packets of ripen at home and a couple of packets of ripe and ready every week.  So, that I can eat ripe avocados for a couple of days whilst the others ripen and I also don't have to make multiple avocado buying trips each week. The packeted avocados have a lower unit price than the loose ones. Which isn't a lot (10p per avocado) if you only buy them in ones or twos; but soon adds up to quite a saving when you get through 12-14+ avocados a week:smile:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GMX said:

"ripe and ready"

😀 #GetThemInToYa 

Personally I've not tried them atall 

1 hour ago, GMX said:

i don't like in every packet of Tesco avocados (both "ripen at home" and "ripe and ready"), there is always one that has large parts that are inedible:sad:  it's either rotting from the inside out:sick:, or hasn't ripened properly and has become very fibrous; like a coir doormat:wacko:  That's between a 25% and 50% loss of edible avocado each time:angry:

The one i've just opened has rotted around the stone, where it should be pale green and firm: it is black and slimy:yucky: It's partner, however, is perfect:smile: That's a 50% loss on this packet of ripe and ready:ohmy:

I buy a couple of packets of ripen at home and a couple of packets of ripe and ready every week.  So, that I can eat ripe avocados for a couple of days whilst the others ripen and I also don't have to make multiple avocado buying trips each week. The packeted avocados have a lower unit price than the loose ones. Which isn't a lot (10p per avocado) if you only buy them in ones or twos; but soon adds up to quite a saving when you get through 12-14+ avocados a week:smile:

You should complain to Tesco (e.g. on Twitter), and get them to give you a free replacement pack of avocados :)

• Like 1

I don't like a persistent cough, general feeling of "hot and cold" and now stomach cramps.  No doubt I'm coming down with yet another cold/flu.  Wonderful!! 

dont like having a bit of a strop at both my managers at the same time in the office, arrggh !!! then they are nice to me later in the day. i wonder why? !!!

I don't like that after getting my broken teeth fixed this week that now I have a horrendous infection in my jaw which is affecting eating and sleeping.

tooth_bacteria_cavities_full-300x300.jpg

***** hell that's no good Stoney. Did the dentist codge up somehow?

He reckons that the tooth nerves are dead but fillings have pushed an infection into the soft tissue of the jaw.
Painkillers and anti-biotics until monday then probably root canal treatments.

Sent from my SM-G930F

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

He reckons that the tooth nerves are dead but fillings have pushed an infection into the soft tissue of the jaw.
Painkillers and anti-biotics until monday then probably root canal treatments.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I really do empathise with you Clive.  Toothache is possibly the worst pain you can get.

Me too, I had a tooth out a fortnight ago!! Worst pain I've ever had, I thought they'd swapped the dentist for a butcher!!

Apparently I wasn't suppose to feel a thing. 

Aye, dental pain is horrible.
It seems to drill right through your head and painkillers don't do a lot.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I'm no pro but sounds to me your dentist isn't any good. He/she's the one who has not done a good job of checking and using clean instruments and sounds like no anti inflammatory injection used.
2 years ago I had multiple dentist visits. 4 filling gs and 2 root canals done. I didn't feel a thing in any aspect of my treatment and I didn't have any issues after treatment either. I had numbing injections so I didn't feel any pain. I also had medicated swabs to kill any chance of infections. Seems not all dentists are good at their work.

• Like 2

My dentist is particularly crap.

Never ever been much of a fan of dentists tbh, I would go private but it costs way too much nowadays for even basic treatments.

Since I moved to Leeds I had to find a new dentist. All that I found were Not taking on NHS patients. Wow I thought so I priced up treatments. I found that registering as a private patient the price difference was as little as £20 more to pay than when I was NHS patient back in Manchester. £80 got me 3 xrays a clean and a filling. Now thats not bad and luckily I've found a great dentist 5 min walk away.
I asked why they stopped taking on NHS. They said coz no dentist was getting paid by the government because they couldn't reach targets set by the government hence they only take on paying patients and at a very reasonable price.

Well I'm now on 6 hourly 1000mg paracetamol, 60mg codeine, 1000mg amoxycillin and 500mg ipobrufen to ease the swelling under my jaw and combat pain and still not doing well.
My dogs know I'm crocked and are following me around the house like doting carers.
They hate not being at work (me too tbh) but are getting hourly exercise as the cool air in the garden is cooling on my face plus playing fetch with them is distracting me.
The collie has got bored and gone to bed though.
Just wish I could manage to eat more than soup and get some proper sleep instead of dozing between bouts of pain when thr medication starts to wear off.
God I hate my Dentist so much right now, I think I'll sock him in the mouth with my Asp baton on monday so he gets a taste of what I'm having to suffer.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Well I'm now on 6 hourly 1000mg paracetamol, 60mg codeine, 1000mg amoxycillin and 500mg ipobrufen to ease the swelling under my jaw and combat pain and still not doing well.

:ohmy:

***** hell!!! Do you rattle if someone shakes you? 

Hopefully the pain will start easing shortly mate :wink:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club