Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

To be fair to the dentist I'm sure his instruments were clean, infection is a risk with any procedure and there is lots of bacteria in the mouth. Dental infections are unfortunately very common and the pain can be agonising! Of all the 'accidental' medication overdoses I see I'd say 70% are due to dental pain and the person being in so much pain.

Hope you get better soon @Stoney871

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No rattling but plenty of discomfort.
Painkillers are hardly making a difference and pretty much climbing the wall.
That dentist is definitely getting chinned on monday 🤕

Sent from my SM-G930F

Clive. oil of Clover. Get some from the chemist. I thoroughly recommend it. It tastes ***** awful But it numbs the pain. It's an oil that you dab on the painful tooth (some will alway get on your tongue yuk) but it'll start working within a minute. My wife suggested I get it when I had chronic toothache last December and it helped massively until I went to a dentist. It comes in a very small bottle and is about £4.
Clove oil or Oil of Clover. Same stuff just different name.

I don't like the local Vauxhall dealership. They keep on placing big orders with us, without any warning despite us asking them to. Not exactly what you want when you've been running a quality day shift and they come along and knacker your stats for the day...

• Like 1

i don't like there's a second confirmed case of Alabama Rot in Dorset, rather too close to here to home:sad:  The first case was on the Dorset/Somerset border but this one, was in Canford Heath/Bearwood area, only about 2 miles east of us:sad:  An area that Pipper and i have walked across quite recently:mellow:

No-one is exactly sure what is causing it but it has almost been fatal for every dog that gets infected:sad: 

http://alabamarot.co.uk/about-alabama-rot/about-rot/

Since it first appeared in the UK (2012) in the New Forest, following advice from the vets, to wash paws after a walk. In each car, I carry a supersoaker, a small pump with a tube and shower head and a jerrycan of water to wash off any mud on paws and legs, after each walk.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GMX said:

i don't like there's a second confirmed case of Alabama Rot in Dorset, rather too close to here to home:sad:  The first case was on the Dorset/Somerset border but this one, was in Canford Heath/Bearwood area, only about 2 miles east of us:sad:  An area that Pipper and i have walked across quite recently:mellow:

No-one is exactly sure what is causing it but it has almost been fatal for every dog that gets infected:sad: 

http://alabamarot.co.uk/about-alabama-rot/about-rot/

Since it first appeared in the UK (2012) in the New Forest, following advice from the vets, to wash paws after a walk. In each car, I carry a supersoaker, a small pump with a tube and shower head and a jerrycan of water to wash off any mud on paws and legs, after each walk.

What's the wife think of all that😅

Went to A&E last night as pain was horrendous.
Nearly got put on intravenous anti-biotics.
Pain relief now been doubled so hopefully some blissful sleep may be possible.

Sent from my SM-G930F

11 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Went to A&E last night as pain was horrendous.
Nearly got put on intravenous anti-biotics.
Pain relief now been doubled so hopefully some blissful sleep may be possible.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Sorry to hear of your; to say "extreme discomfort" is probably an understatement mate,

I hope it eases now, tooth pain is worse than any bone fracture 

2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Sorry to hear of your; to say "extreme discomfort" is probably an understatement mate,

I hope it eases now, tooth pain is worse than any bone fracture 

Aye, i know.

At least with a broken bone or pain in a limb you can favour it and do something physically to ease discomfort.

With tooth pain it's inside your head and there's no escaping it.

This is agony (and this coming from someone who has suffered a broken back in his lifetime).

At least the combination of Codeine, Paracetamol and Ibuprofen seems to be helping a bit at last.

Going to try and get some much needed sleep, pity I still can't eat anything, been on minimal nutrient input since wednesday.

I've even resorted to squeezy packs of baby food fruit puree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stoney871 said:

Aye, i know.

At least with a broken bone or pain in a limb you can favour it and do something physically to ease discomfort.

With tooth pain it's inside your head and there's no escaping it.

This is agony (and this coming from someone who has suffered a broken back in his lifetime).

At least the combination of Codeine, Paracetamol and Ibuprofen seems to be helping a bit at last.

Going to try and get some much needed sleep, pity I still can't eat anything, been on minimal nutrient input since wednesday.

I've even resorted to squeezy packs of baby food fruit puree.

😯since Wednesday😦 that's a heck of a long time, 

I don't like just having answered the door to the residence committee there now, 

Last week I paid €35 for the yearly upkeep of the landscapes and cutting of the green area.

We were all given a letter in the door five weeks ago to notify that it was due in four weeks time which is plenty of time for such small money and we paid last week on the date stated.

there's 48 houses in our estate and because 6 of those houses are refusing to pay the €35 fee.

we are now all being refunded by the committee and the maintenance isint going to be carried out 😦 

The six houses should be named and shamed seriously even if there on benefits in this country €35 is easily come by in the space of four weeks time frame and well worth the spend for the level of standard in the area I'm absolutely disgusted and feel sorry for the chidren including my own whom enjoy playing football and picnics on the green, 

I may end up cutting an island of the grass myself if nobody else does it across from our row; there's myself and two others with petrol mowers mine's a Honda 😁

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lenny said:

😯since Wednesday😦 that's a heck of a long time, 

Tell me about it  :stretcher::nopity:

I know I could do with shifting a bit of spare poundage but still a bit of an extreme dieting option.

Missed my guinness on Paddys day too :down:

• Like 1

oil of Clover. Get some and some cotton buds (for application )

1 hour ago, tazzman600 said:

Oil of Clover. Get some and some cotton buds (for application )

That's probably better in terms of targetting the pain

I haven't used the oil for toothache but i have pounded some cloves with pestle and mortar in a little vodka into a pasta, and applied that. to around the tooth

I did use it for chronic toothache and it worked. Tastes ruddy awful tho.

You could try Ambesol, it's a baby toothing thing. It's a liquid and comes in a tiny bottle. You put a little bit on your finger tip and then dab the sore area. It numbed my tongue when I tasted it so it's not a little baby thing. If you had a syringe or pipet you could put a drop on instead of touching it.

If you aren't eating properly and taking he max dose of brufen regularly be mindful of any vomiting and/tummy pain that you may not have experienced before. It's pretty harsh on the tummy.

• Like 1

My problem is that the abcess/infection is actually in the jaw under my tongue root.

Clove oil won't reach that far.

The combination of codeine, paracetamol and Ibuprofen do seem to be helping but still getting a nasty pain surge when the effects wear off.

Staggering the tablets is smoothing the surge a fair bit.

• Like 2

I don't like having a snottery baby for the last two weeks. This morning I spy she needs her nose wiped so grab a tissue and turn back to wipe it but the 'stream of green' has gone. So we carry on playing, she has a habit of putting her fingers in my mouth, it was at this point I realised why her nose wasn't dirty when I turned back. Baby bogeys 1 daddy's mouth 0

4 hours ago, Ken.K said:

Sad times but listed the focus if you guys know anyone interested or interested yourself give me a pm
https://www.gumtree.com/p/ford/ford-focus-1.6l-3dr-hatchback/1222208209

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Looks mint,

Sorry to see you selling mate, 

There's a lad over here swapping a 2002 mk1.5 focus 1.4petrol for a PlayStation 4 😀

http://touch.adverts.ie/car/ford/focus/cheap-car-for-sale-not-swap-selling-for-200euro-cash/12534103 

Looks mint,
There's a lad over here swapping a 2002 mk1.5 focus 1.4petrol for a PlayStation 4 [emoji3]
http://touch.adverts.ie/car/ford/focus/cheap-car-for-sale-not-swap-selling-for-200euro-cash/12534103 

Very Mint but cannot let the Lexus slip away

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't like almost falling A over T whilst taking buckets of water out to clean the Focus!! 

Quite similar to this incident, only it was a bucket instead of a watering can and I was not wearing high heels (or a dress!)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0eINGyJHz8

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Looks mint,

There's a lad over here swapping a 2002 mk1.5 focus 1.4petrol for a PlayStation 4 😀

I'm confused, it is 100% or 110%? :wacko:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jmurray01 said:

I'm confused, it is 100% or 110%? :wacko:

100% when it's parked and 110% when it's running 😂

5 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like almost falling A over T whilst taking buckets of water out to clean the Focus!! 

Quite similar to this incident, only it was a bucket instead of a watering can and I was not wearing high heels (or a dress!)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0eINGyJHz8

Bit of a jack & jill situation there mate 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club