Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX
聽Share

2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

100% when it's parked and 110% when it's running 馃槀

Got it!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Oh yes, another dislike of today is filling the 623 up with petrol...聽 40 litres after only 260 miles!!聽 Not that bad though I suppose, just under 30MPG which is decent enough for a 2.3 litre with an automatic.聽 The old Focus Ghia got 35MPG with its 2.0 manual, and produced 20 fewer BHP.

Picked up an eBay purchase yesterday a caravan.

Had a look round it last weekend, fell in love with it - good enough to use but just enough needing doing to keep it interesting.

Just got out onto the main road and I hear this weird thunk-flp, thunk-flp.

Thought I'd blown a tyre, stopped and had a look - all looks good, except the cowling on the A-frame seemed a bit loose. 聽Meh - no worries, sort it later.

Carry on and then I hear clunk-thud-clunk thud and see the van bouncing. 聽Manage to tease it around the very sharp bend on the very narrow road. 聽Got out and thought "that's odd...I don't remember seeing mud flaps on the van?"

It wasn't a mud flap...

20170319_162024.jpg

• Like 2

Christ, that's what you call "delamination"!!聽 It looks like something tore a chunk off the sidewall (possibly the initial noise) and then the rest of the tread peeled away.

• Like 1

Don't think I've seen a tire do that before! Or聽have I lived a sheltered聽聽life?

I don't like the local Vauxhall dealership. They keep on placing big orders with us, without any warning despite us asking them to. Not exactly what you want when you've been running a quality day shift and they come along and knacker your stats for the day...

ha ha, that used to be me also. i worked there. lol
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Lenny said:

Looks mint,

Sorry to see you selling mate,聽

There's a lad over here swapping a 2002 mk1.5 focus 1.4petrol for a PlayStation 4 馃榾

http://touch.adverts.ie/car/ford/focus/cheap-car-for-sale-not-swap-selling-for-200euro-cash/12534103

Talk about priorities. Who would rather drive a car in a game instead of real life? lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Christ, that's what you call "delamination"!!聽 It looks like something tore a chunk off the sidewall (possibly the initial noise) and then the rest of the tread peeled away.

The track out was pretty rough - caravan bounced a good-un even at 10mph.

That coupled with the age of the tyres, the fact it's been stood for a long time and I suspect it's been run at the wrong pressure(s)...it just gave up.

I thought I was fine - stick the spare on and head home...err...no...spare was the wrong sized wheel!!聽

Eventually managed to acquire a whole new wheel through a friend of a friend in the nearby village (literally 300yds from where I was). 聽Chap was going to throw it away because his new caravan was 5-stud, so he let me have it for nowt!!

2 hours ago, Commencal24 said:

Don't think I've seen a tire do that before! Or聽have I lived a sheltered聽聽life?

Nor had I lol

First time for everything lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Incontro said:

Talk about priorities. Who would rather drive a car in a game instead of real life? lol

Difference is that driving a car in a game doesn't require insurance, tax, or petrol.聽 Sadly too many people just cannot afford to run a car these days.聽

I agree with you in principle though!!

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

Difference is that driving a car in a game doesn't require insurance, tax, or petrol.聽 Sadly too many people just cannot afford to run a car these days.聽

And you can crash without real-world consequences...driving at 100mph and slam into a wall head on? No problem - just back up, turn round and carry on!

8 hours ago, SeanW said:

And you can crash without real-world consequences...driving at 100mph and slam into a wall head on? No problem - just back up, turn round and carry on!

Indeed!!聽 It is rather worrying however that some children these days are growing up with these games and may then go straight into a real car and expect to be able to do the same...聽 Mind you, looking at some of the accidents Vauxhall Corsas get into, I think that is already the case!!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

People can't afford to catch trains, let alone drive!

I tried catching a train once...didn't manage it though...

My net wasn't big enough

• Like 1

I don't like I've inadvertently stained Pipper pink:ohmy::sad:聽 Not all of her pink, just a big patch on her otherwise white shoulders:mellow::sad:20170321_162536_HDR.jpg

Before taking her out for an extra afternoon stroll, I applied her monthly Advocate between her shoulder blades..聽 As we walked along, she started to take on a pale rose hue where the Advocate had been applied.:ohmy:聽 Her collar, lead and harness are all purple, I wondered the carrier in the Advocate was acting a as solvent on the dyes in either her colllar or her harness; even though it's never done that before.:unsure:

We carried on walking and Pipper got pinker:ohmy: and pinker.:ohmy: and pinker:ohmy:

I examined her harness and collar, nothing was coming off them

My friend who was accompanying us, suddenly observed that it was not the harness or the collar: but Pipper's bright red plastic bone shaped ID tag that was smearing itself in red streaks on Pipper's fur. When she's not got her harness on, the ID tag hangs down from the D ring on her collar at the front; but with her harness it's resting on her shoulders 9right where the Advocate was applied) where the D ring links into her harness D ring. The carrier in the Advocate was essentially dissolving her ID tag:ohmy:聽 Not unlike pipeweld does.

I wrapped her ID tag in a poo pag and tied it to her collar, hoping HDPE bags wouldn't dissolve too.聽 Advocate is supplied in LDPE tubes so, polyethylene should be OK and stop any further pinking of Pipper.until we got home.聽 At this point we were in the middle of Upton Heath, some 4 miles from home.

Seconds after returning it was off to vet to find out, one how to get dissolved red plastic out of fur and two, having removed it, is Pipper likely to overdose on Advocate if I reapply it. having removed the partially absorbed first dose.聽 It turns out the tag is made from acrylic and carrier in Advocate is benzyl alcohol.聽 It's actually mentioned on the second page of the Advocate datasheet that it can dissolve certain plastics and polymers, without stressing which ones.聽 it of course is a well known solvent in the dye, paint and colouring world:mellow:

Her vet had seen a variety of accidental dyed and painted patients but never someone whose flea and tick treatment had partially dissolved their ID tag. She checked Pipper's skin in case there was reaction; which there wasn't. She said the best thing is to leave the Advocate on, and wait until her fur is completely dry.聽 When it might brush out, as it will be tiny particles of acrylic on her fur or to wait until it falls off as it hasn't penetrated each strand of fur, it's literally clinging to each one.

Pipper's replacement ID tag will be brass or stainless steel, neither of which benzyl alcohol can dissolve

I do not like having 11 views on my auto trader advert but no phone calls yet. It went up today so hopefully by tomorrow I will start getting calls.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

I do not like having 11 views on my auto trader advert but no phone calls yet. It went up today so hopefully by tomorrow I will start getting calls.

Patience mate, hopefully you'll get a buyer soon. I suppose you've listed it on gumtree as well?

If all else fails, you can go back to the Focus :P

Patience mate, hopefully you'll get a buyer soon. I suppose you've listed it on gumtree as well?
If all else fails, you can go back to the Focus [emoji14]

Yeah, I have dropped the price from 3000 to 2400 to accept 2250 but no offers. Will wash it again and take better pictures maybe that will help.

5 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Yeah, I have dropped the price from 3000 to 2400 to accept 2250 but no offers. Will wash it again and take better pictures maybe that will help.

Deffo wash it - I must admit I was a little surprised when you first showed the car looking filthy in the advert, psychologically people will be far less inclined to buy badly聽presented cars (even if mechanically they're fine). That's why people keep buying lemons from Habib's autos, only cause the car has been valeted and polished down to the last inch聽:wink:

Deffo wash it - I must admit I was a little surprised when you first showed the car looking filthy in the advert, psychologically people will be far less inclined to buy badly聽presented cars (even if mechanically they're fine). That's why people keep buying lemons from Habib's autos, only cause the car has been valeted and polished down to the last inch聽wink.png

To be fair it was not filthy when I took those pictures just, had just washed it the night before and drove to work. I will do it tomorrow and take better pictures for sure.

30 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

When I listed my trailer on eBay, i had 256 watchers and not a single bid, or even an enquiry to view, for 6 out of the 7 days.聽 Everything changed on the final day

When I listed my trailer on ebay, i had 256 watchers and not a single bid, or even an enquiry to view, for 6 out of the 7 days.聽 Everything changed on the final day

And on the 7th day he sold his car.

I don't like realising I have not driven the 405 since last Wednesday...聽 I left the handbrake off so that won't be seized, but it has the opposite problem that after sitting for over a week the first few applications of the foot brake feel like nothing is happening until you absolutely stand on the pedal!聽 It's fine after the first few applications and never does it again unless you leave the car for extended periods of time, so I suspect it is the calipers.聽 They were stripped down and "serviced" for the MOT as it initially failed the efficiency test (then scraped by with an advisory for "just" passing), so they are probably seizing up again and would be best replaced outright.聽

Since I bought the Rover though I just can't bring myself to get back into the manual Peugeot!!聽 I love the automatic too much...

ha ha, that used to be me also. i worked there. lol

No when you worked there the orders weren't so bad. The last few times they've ordered it's been absolutely ridiculous.

Although not as bad as the order I had from the new B&M yesterday...
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Ken.K said:

I've had my old car on sale for nearly 2 1/2 months on various sites, all I'm getting is idiots asking if I'd sell the manifold or inlet manifold!!

I've had my old car on sale for nearly 2 1/2 months on various sites, all I'm getting is idiots asking if I'd sell the manifold or inlet manifold!!

Now 45 views

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club