Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Yes @jmurray01 I agree it's down to pc gone mad that today's society is the way it is. Maybe I'm a bit naive but the Robinsons 'golliwog' wasn't offensive, neither was a 'black board' or the 'black sheep' in the nursery rhyme. Maybe that's because I'm not black, I don't know.
On a related note I really really don't like the female 'of colour' in my work place can do as she pleases because managers are frightened to pull her up as last time this happened she played the race card, quite how her being reprimanded for not wearing her uniform correctly was racially motivated I have no idea!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Yes @jmurray01 I agree it's down to pc gone mad that today's society is the way it is. Maybe I'm a bit naive but the Robinsons 'golliwog' wasn't offensive, neither was a 'black board' or the 'black sheep' in the nursery rhyme. Maybe that's because I'm not black, I don't know.
On a related note I really really don't like the female 'of colour' in my work place can do as she pleases because managers are frightened to pull her up as last time this happened she played the race card, quite how her being reprimanded for not wearing her uniform correctly was racially motivated I have no idea!

No, it's because you are NORMAL!!  Admittedly there aren't many black people in my area, but the ones I have met and spoken to are down to earth and are not sensitive whatsoever to things like that, unless they are deliberately intended to be racist.

Some people (regardless of race, gender or sexual orientation) are just pathetic and will use anything they can to get attention and put others in a bad light.

• Like 2

I don't like how wintery tonight's evening stroll was, the pleasant warm southerly breeze of today has been replaced an icy north easterly near gale.:sad: I had to return and redress, adding another fleece and hat. 

I also have discovered there are least three different power steering pressure switches that Ford put on the Mk1 Focus:ohmy:. With little logic as to what trim and engine size got which switch. So, I'll need to remove the existing one to read the Finis and engineering code off it, before I can order a new one. My line of vision is blocked by the pump itself:sad:

I don't like having to delete 'friends' on FB due to their constant anti-muslim posts and the fact that they seem to think that every Muslim is a terrorist when nothing could be further from the truth! 

I've had to do the same in the past due to people sharing crap from the likes of Bigots First.
  • Like 1

I don't like seeing this news article!

That means that there will only be one RBS branch within 20 miles of my house.  Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.

I don't like that much earlier this afternoon I forgot I was going to have slow cooked pulled pork for tea and failed to put it in the oven at the appropriate time, for eating about now. :sad:  Having served Pipper her chicken and Molly her salmon; I noticed my oven was bare :ohmy:  Having corrected this error, it now means my tea will really become a rather late supper after Pipper's evening stroll:sad:

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like seeing this news article!

That means that there will only be one RBS branch within 20 miles of my house.  Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.

Hardly anyone is using bank branches regularly now, 

It's a sad evening. Boris had gone to its new owner. Good few months I had with Boris. Hope he is looked after.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Ken.K said:

It's a sad evening. Boris had gone to its new owner. Good few months I had with Boris. Hope he is looked after.

Glad to hear you got it sold! 

I don't like this UTI that I seem to have contracted, meaning "bathroom visits" are a minimum of 5 minutes long, and don't always result in success...  It started after I began taking an anti-depressant prescribed by the doctor (sertraline), and after doing a quick Google search I found that it has been known to cause such side-effects.  Needless to say I've stopped taking it and will be having a word with my doctor on Monday morning!

• Like 1

Best have a word with a chemist about your prescribed medication. They can give a better alternative as they know a damn sight more than doctors do about medication.

26 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

Best have a word with a chemist about your prescribed medication. They can give a better alternative as they know a damn sight more than doctors do about medication.

Good point, but it is still down to the doctor at the end of the day as they write the prescription.

18 hours ago, Ken.K said:

Congrats, hope you got a decent price for it.

Congrats, hope you got a decent price for it.

Not the price I wanted but my hand was forced really and with an airbag light on plus the fact I know it will need cambelt and water pump during next service not too bad.

Jamie. I've a friend who's a chemist. Also had friends who are now doctors (not seen then in over 25 years ) but I remember them saying chemists know best once a precipitation has been issued.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

Jamie. I've a friend who's a chemist. Also had friends who are now doctors (not seen then in over 25 years ) but I remember them saying chemists know best once a precipitation has been issued.

Yeah, but the doctor writes the prescription for a specific medication and the chemist cannot alter that.  I may ask though and then relay back to the doctor what their advice was.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like this UTI that I seem to have contracted, meaning "bathroom visits" are a minimum of 5 minutes long, and don't always result in success...  It started after I began taking an anti-depressant prescribed by the doctor (sertraline), and after doing a quick Google search I found that it has been known to cause such side-effects.  Needless to say I've stopped taking it and will be having a word with my doctor on Monday morning!

I was on those during a difficult time in life where a line was being drawn and some circumstances dealt with.

personally I never got used to them, I used to get pains in the sides of my head and in my lower jaw, after taking for three weeks I became unaware of speed when driving aswell as loss of care or sence of consequence. 

My wife was in them a few years later for postnatal depression and she claimed to feel fine but speech would be slurred at times and when leaving the house she would be likely to have left Windows and doors open and generally easily distracted by just talking to her about somthing for 1 minute she would completely forget what it was she had been doing.

thankfully neither of us require the use anymore, but there not for everyone. 

A chemist will suggest over-the-counter non-presctiption items that can compliment prescribed items (to reduce side effects etc).
A lot of Doctors just prescribe what's in fashion or being currently promoted by their local reps.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

I was on those during a difficult time in life where a line was being drawn and some circumstances dealt with.
personally I never got used to them, I used to get pains in the sides of my head and in my lower jaw, after taking for three weeks I became unaware of speed when driving aswell as loss of care or sence of consequence. 
My wife was in them a few years later for postnatal depression and she claimed to feel fine but speech would be slurred at times and when leaving the house she would be likely to have left Windows and doors open and generally easily distracted by just talking to her about somthing for 1 minute she would completely forget what it was she had been doing.
thankfully neither of us require the use anymore, but there not for everyone. 

I have been on Sertraline for a number of years now and as far as I can remember I've never had a side effect from them, I guess I'm lucky. However before that I was on Citalopram and that was really harsh on my stomach.

They say antidepressants can take at least 6 weeks to start working and that one of the most common side effects is suicidal thoughts. I would have thought that's what the tablets were for, because of those feelings.

• Like 1

@jmurray01 one thing I'd like to say at this point mate is look after yourself and be mindful of the side effects until they find the correct medication that best suits the condition, and when trying the medication it may help to evaluate your feelings in third person mode, ask yourself how is me, and perhaps me is feeling worse and its only because of the particular medication prescribed, this is the way onwards and upwards getting away from the black dog.

in the mean time perhaps join Twitter it's full of cheerful thoughts and funnys, depending on who you then follow on Twitter; when they post somting you then instantly get a notification of it to your phone like a message; some will give you a good laugh, id you then press "retweet" it shares that message to all of your followers.

my Twitter is @woodslenny if you do decide to join; follow me and I'll follow back.

music is also great perhaps download spotify app and download some good classics, headphones can be got fairly cheap these days which can really help to zone out and go for a walk.

gardening is also very rewarding wheater you grow plants or vegetables it's somthing that requires tending to and passes the time with visual progress which you can then reflect on yourself to document time from then to now sort of thing and brightens the place up, doesn't have to cost alot neither few plants in Aldi or half some potatoes and plant then in fresh compost. We used a pallet crate lined with plastic bags, put some slate stone in the bottom for drainage, had to get out and water them tend to it.

A cat is also good for stress but wouldn't mix well with the flowers 😣

overall mate look after yourself, life is a journey to be shared your never alone 👍

• Like 4

Thanks Lenny, I appreciate that.  Some very good advice there which I will try to take on board.

I'm going to be off work for the next few weeks at least (signed off) so hopefully I can start to make some headway and at least determine where I stand and how to proceed.  Hitherto I have been blocking it all out and just focusing on going to work etc, which is the worst thing you can do and only makes it worse in the long run.

• Like 1

I don't like the Focus' MOT expiring today...  It has been parked up for the past 8 days and will continue to sit until Friday when I get paid and can put it in for the test.  It passed the last one with no advisories (failed the first time for a corroded subframe which was replaced) at just under 60,000 miles and it now has just over 70,000 miles. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like the Focus' MOT expiring today...  It has been parked up for the past 8 days and will continue to sit until Friday when I get paid and can put it in for the test.  It passed the last one with no advisories (failed the first time for a corroded subframe which was replaced) at just under 60,000 miles and it now has just over 70,000 miles. 

Hasn't gathered alot of miles since the last MOT mate should be fine.

I don't like realising that my 18" Genuine facelift ST alloys have some hair line cracks inside the rims as they drove fine but there now listed on a no reserve auction starting at 1 pound 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-focus-ST-alloy-wheels-genuine-facelift-18-st2-st3-mondeo-connect-rs-X-4-/172592505098?hash=item282f50a10a:g:0cMAAOSwsW9Y1bQS 

2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Hasn't gathered alot of miles since the last MOT mate should be fine.

Well, lets hope so!  All the tyres are good, brakes work and there shouldn't be any undercarriage corrosion, so the only issue could be the rumbling noise above 40MPH which I suspect to be a wheel bearing.  There is some clunking over bumps but that just sounds like anti-roll bar link bushes which is only an advisory unless they go completely.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club