Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like chapping my finger in the padlock at work today! On a good note my wood chopping thumb injury is getting better..........slightly :wacko:

IMG_20170327_230130371.jpg

That's a bad one Kevin (the thumb, not the finger!).  Must have been bad when it first happened, considering that was some time ago now.

To be fair, the blood blister is sorer than the thumbnail! Didn't really feel it when I did it though........ unlike the thumb which I definitely felt!!! 

The worst bit about the thumb is that where the old nail finishes, at the root,  is starting to catch on clothes, gloves etc and I'm frightened it'll get torn off one of these days :ohmy:

15 minutes ago, Turvey said:

To be fair, the blood blister is sorer than the thumbnail! Didn't really feel it when I did it though........ unlike the thumb which I definitely felt!!! 

The worst bit about the thumb is that where the old nail finishes, at the root,  is starting to catch on clothes, gloves etc and I'm frightened it'll get torn off one of these days :ohmy:

That's true!  Perhaps not a bad idea to wrap a plaster round it or something, so there is nothing to catch?

• Like 1

I don't like as i embarked upon giving the Mk1 Focus an oil service, whilst I had it up on the ramps for the power steering pressure switch replacement. I noticed a blob of grease on the offside outer CV boot and when I examined it: a small split:sad:  Of course, i don't have a replacement for the Mk1 to hand:sad:  i have a pair of spare ones for the Mk2 but I doubt they're the same:mellow:

21 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like chapping my finger in the padlock at work today! On a good note my wood chopping thumb injury is getting better..........slightly :wacko:

IMG_20170327_230130371.jpg

Your thumb resembles my left big toe after an incident with a catering size can of sliced peaches, whilst making a rather large peach pie and literally buttered fingers!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GMX said:

Your thumb resembles my left big toe after an incident with a catering size can of sliced peaches, whilst making a rather large peach pie and literally buttered fingers!

You need steel toe capped boots in the kitchen! :ohmy:

• Like 1

I don't like my Acer Aspire laptop peeing me off to the point where I'm looking for a replacement...  I do need something with better performance in the long run, so it may be a blessing in disguise however.

I don't like chapping my finger in the padlock at work today! On a good note my wood chopping thumb injury is getting better..........slightly wacko.png
IMG_20170327_230130371.thumb.jpg.4fa6e3e653dc70dfdc529ce095f3600c.jpg

I would have pulled the whole nail off by now, I'm bad for picking things!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't like not drinking my usual 1-2 litres of water yesterday evening. Which consequently led to me waking up with cramp in both vastus medialis muscles, and for good measure, quite oddly; my right index finger too:sad:  Having failed to stretch it out whilst being beneath the duvet, Pipper was then perplexed as I arose suddenly with aid of the cupboard to get fully erect and perform the cramped leg jerky dance walk around the room, and then the house:laugh:

I also don't like the forecasted rain for now, decided to come down during Pipper's morning stroll; some 6 hours early.  I wasn't dressed for rain and got soaked:sad:

I don't like how much I dislike driving a manual after getting accustomed to the Rover's automatic... 

I don't like more unexpected and not forecasted for now, rain:sad:

I have things to do outside in the garden, none of which are really practical in the rain.

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like how much I dislike driving a manual after getting accustomed to the Rover's automatic... 

Whilst I don't prefer one transmission over the other. I sometime forget which car I'm in, and either not bother to change gear in the manual Mk2 or try to change gear in the automatic Mk1:laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMX said:

I don't like more unexpected and not forecasted for now, rain:sad:

I have things to do outside in the garden, none of which are really practical in the rain.

No sun bathing wouldn't really work atall would it😀

power washing the yard would blend in nicely though; always annoys me when people power wash there driveway on a dry day 

No sun bathing wouldn't really work atall would it[emoji3]
power washing the yard would blend in nicely though; always annoys me when people power wash there driveway on a dry day 

Good pair of boots and waterproof trousers and your away! Best to do it in the rain, helps wash away the debris.

When do people start cutting the grass again? Ours is desperate but I have held off for now and was thinking first week in April??

I definitely do not like that Ford still have my car and are no closer to diagnosing the fault. I do miss my little MK5

Just now, Jonro2009 said:

I definitely do not like that Ford still have my car and are no closer to diagnosing the fault. I do miss my little MK5

I think little is a stretch for the Mk5. :P

What's the problem?

Well maybe not so little haha, in fact I have found the boot to be a few cm longer than the estate MK5. As a courtesy car I have a Vignale estate.

Intermittently the engine will crank but won't turn over, so I try again and the engine starts but it sounds like a machine gun. It won't rev over 3000rpm, the turbo won't work and if you drive it it won't go over 30. As soon as you lift off the accelerator the nose dips and it wants to stop. I had it recovered and the fault can't be replicated, it's random. No codes are stored at all either. The same thing happened a year ago soon after I got it and they flashed the PCM in the end and that sorted it. It's been 2 weeks now.

It's the 1.5 ecoboost petrol

Ah my favourite engine...

Have your dealer spoken about getting an engineer from HQ out, or do they need to prove it themselves first?

I don't know if they can fit some logging equipment and give you the car back.

Otherwise you might just need to take it on and video it happening, then they can provide proof to Ford.

It's often not the dealer being awkward, but if they can't replicate it, Ford won't let them do anything :(

I have absolute faith in the dealership, my friend is the manager of all the sales and after sales. I go through him most times.

They need to replicate the fault but can't, it really is random. I've got an obd dongle and reader but couldn't plug it in the last time it did it.

I've got audio of it while it is doing it and the garage have listened to that so they have an idea of what is sounds like.

I don't like the Focus being booked in for its MOT tomorrow at 13:00...  I'm almost certain at least one wheel bearing will fail (loud droning over 40MPH which seems to be coming from the O/S/F) but other than that I don't know.  If it just fails on the bearing then that'll be great and I'll get them to replace it there and then, but if it fails on a pile of other things then I may have to contemplate fixing it if the costs outweigh the value of the car.  Don't worry though, even in worst case scenario it would be replaced immediately with another Ford!!

I don't like it when a front coil on my focus randomly brakes with a horrible snapping noise when I opened the passenger door to remove shopping... 

Got it booked in for a replacement tomorrow. Thankfully it was pay week this week! 

7 minutes ago, Arwen said:

I don't like it when a front coil on my focus randomly brakes with a horrible snapping noise when I opened the passenger door to remove shopping... 

Got it booked in for a replacement tomorrow. Thankfully it was pay week this week! 

That is random!  Never heard of them snapping when the car is stationary, but it is the best time for them to go as opposed to whilst driving.

• Like 1

Neither have I. I didn't notice untill wednesday when i used it to get to work (i had been using the bike). Drove it to work and found it to be "a but weird" got out and noticed the gap difference…

I remember the noise on Sunday afternoon, at the time i was confused but couldn't work out where it came from! Can only guess it was the coil giving up. 

Council have recently filled my road with horrible harsh speed bumps, and the roads are a state just now with pot holes so putting it down to them. 

IMG_20170329_164540.jpg

IMG_20170329_164549.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club