Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

4 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like going out onto our front lawn this morning to see that someone has let their dog s**t on our grass!!! Our garden isn't fenced etc so folk walking by don't seem to appreciate the fact that they are letting their dogs walk all over MY grass!!! :angry: All they need to do is ask and I would even give them a poopbag to clean it up.................cos that's what responsible owners do, clean up after their dogs! Rant over.

I know exactly what you mean Kevin!  It was the same when we had an "open" garden at one of our previous properties, and the neighbours across the road had dogs who would walk around of their own volition half the time and crap wherever they wanted, mostly on my lawn.  I knew who it was, and most of the time they would come and clear it up when brought to their attention, but that wasn't the point!  They were otherwise nice people though, so it was a tricky situation and not just as simple as reporting it as there was neighbourly relations to consider.

8 hours ago, Lenny said:

Purchase a 1 or 2 meter length of 8AWG earth cable with crimp ring terminal ends, 

For to a bolt on the chassis inside the boot compartment and fit the other and to a bolt on the boot door.

shouldn't cost you more than 12 pounds and it should help stabilize voltage on the boot door as the greased hinges may not transfer the best.

Cable link to kit http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-METRES-4-AWG-GAUGE-AMPLIFIER-CABLE-POWER-CABLE-WITH-2-RING-2-FORK-TERMINALS-5M-/192044378946?hash=item2cb6bcab42:g:wjAAAOSwubRXNOQ8 

I will check that out, thanks Lenny.  As it happens I used the car this morning and lo and behold, the "blown" bulb is working again!!  Either it is a dodgy bulb or there is some loose wiring.  I'll investigate in due course, right now I've had about as much as I can take!

• Like 1

I don't like having to spend money on car repairs rather than mods a cv boot and lower engine mount to start with, then try and cure the mystery squeak when I brake, so it's back to work using pedal power.

On the upside it'll save me £100 a month in petrol and I avoid the annoying road works on a daily basis

• Like 1

I don't like selling the Focus...  The good news is it will be repaired by the new owner and kept on the road, but I will definitely miss that car.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Commencal24 said:

I don't like having to spend money on car repairs rather than mods a cv boot and lower engine mount to start with, then try and cure the mystery squeak when I brake, so it's back to work using pedal power.

On the upside it'll save me £100 a month in petrol and I avoid the annoying road works on a daily basis

To be honest if you can (and are willing to) cycle back and fore to work, then it is probably better to do that all the time regardless of whether the car is running or not.  No point wasting fuel!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

To be honest if you can (and are willing to) cycle back and fore to work, then it is probably better to do that all the time regardless of whether the car is running or not.  No point wasting fuel!

I did do this for a few years but stopped in winter after buying my focus, think I just got lazy

I don't like finding a box of Astra parts  in my car part cupboard, that didn't get included when I donated it to Giveacar for the benefit of the Dog's Trust. :sad: Not that their inclusion would necessarily have increased the donation value,

The local household recycling centre won't accept whole car parts, apart from oil filters accompanying waste engine oil.  They deem car parts to be trade waste not household:sad:  The only way to deposit them there, is to break them down to their component parts (metal, plastic, rubber, electrics etc),  and then put them in the appropriate containers.

I also don't like not seeing the fox poo on the the steps leading to the lawn, treading in it and bringing it back into the kitchen, in a series of splats and smears!:sad:

• Like 1

I don't like my guess of what my new glasses were going to cost (from trying working it out off the web site, although they don't give all options prices - about £350 I thought), and what they actually cost was somewhat out (£503):ohmy: 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GMX said:

I don't like my guess of what my new glasses were going to cost (from trying working it out off the web site, although they don't give all options prices - about £350 I thought), and what they actually cost was somewhat out (£503):ohmy: 

"That's the WoW factor right there"

The designer frame with this coating on the lenses to prevent scratching and another coating to prevent glare at night when driving and this fee for thinning out the lenses so they don't look like milk bottles aswell as VAT @ 20% brings it up because we can ☺

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GMX said:

Crikey!  I could buy three used cars for that!! :ohmy::laugh:

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Crikey!  I could buy three used cars for that!! :ohmy::laugh:

The actual total opticians bill was higher (£881 ) as I got a pair of prescription sunglasses at the same time, to take advantage of the bogof on frames. 

How many used cars now?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GMX said:

The actual total opticians bill was higher (£881 ) as I got a pair of prescription sunglasses at the same time, to take advantage of the bogof on frames. 

How many used cars now?

Flipping hell!  I could buy 7 used cars with that...

• Like 4

I don't like the inexplicably large box the chemist decided to put 7 sleeping pills in!!  Talk about waste...

WP_20170405_20_34_25_Pro.thumb.jpg.0ead1a111923ebe85920d9ad8bdc5b2f.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like the inexplicably large box the chemist decided to put 7 sleeping pills in!!  Talk about waste...

WP_20170405_20_34_25_Pro.thumb.jpg.0ead1a111923ebe85920d9ad8bdc5b2f.jpg

Reminds me of the software programme box's in PC World 😀 big box with only a disc inside.

be careful with those mate.

Coming back from work to find the other halfs nearside rear tire completely flat, and she'd just done the school run in it!!!

went to pump it back up and air is coming out from the side of the valve, Getting the spare wheel from underneath a mk3 Clio is a pain too

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Commencal24 said:

Coming back from work to find the other halfs nearside rear tire completely flat, and she'd just done the school run in it!!!

went to pump it back up and air is coming out from the side of the valve, Getting the spare wheel from underneath a mk3 Clio is a pain too

not a good day then :sad:

• Like 1

Just now, dezwez said:

not a good day then :sad:

Definitely not how I expected to be spending the first part of my evening 

I don't like that as I'm finishing walking the dogs prior to going to work that a car crashes into 4 cars directly in front of me then leaves the scene.

I like even less that the dog I was walking at the time was my collie and not the mali who could have been handy in the situation.

I like even less that the perpetrators car was a Fiesta and the main cars hit were another Fiesta and a Ka.

k.thumb.jpg.cf0b6d385229c6c6fff41b47ec9f9f7c.jpgl.thumb.jpg.926cc1282cf5a34e940f582cbe8ab3a4.jpga.thumb.jpg.d86080fdf1451f23ce904388eba3bef0.jpgb.thumb.jpg.e818093d66afdd567c143626034196a1.jpge.thumb.jpg.427039521e4e7ca8964c94f93967096e.jpgc.thumb.jpg.f223a92efeba825ffc0cf52f6bbd33b6.jpgd.thumb.jpg.d63459baa65f87d25981f37cd905cfd5.jpgf.thumb.jpg.94fb4a0e65bd5081390d8b98418cdf8d.jpgg.thumb.jpg.4ab4741d7ad5eabf92f7e01aeb761246.jpgh.thumb.jpg.d4148128a13f1d622340f23631e2bd76.jpgj.thumb.jpg.fa54a4f01c800ae21473182a2877e9e9.jpg

What can be classed as something I do like is that I had my radio with me and could call it in immediately, then when speaking with my attending colleagues that the driver and passenger came walking around the corner and straight into my hands.

The offending car didn't get very far as the NSF tyre was hanging off the rim.

They're currently being breathalysed and processed :detective: by my colleagues.

• Like 6

On 4/5/2017 at 10:04 PM, Commencal24 said:

I can completely agree with that! I really struggled to put the spare back where it was meant to be. So much so I ended up chucking it in the boot and driving to a local garage to ask for help! 

Not the perps lucky day then. Talk about being caught red handed

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't like finding the drive covered in leaves and twigs this morning, having swept all of this weeks pigeon related leaves, twigs and pigeon poo off it last night. :sad: The local pigeons are rather messy as they strip the holly tree of it's berries, causing all the dead leaves and twigs to fall as they thrash about in foraging frenzy.

It wasn't overnight pigeons: it was a fox, who was rather loudly hunting something in the rhododendron hedge below the holly just after midnight. Pipper and Molly were both curious to the sound coming from the front hedge, that disturbed their slumbers.  Neither opted to rise from their respective cushion and sofa. So,  I went outside to have a look, just as the fox sloped off with a limp rodent hanging out of it mouth.  I didn't notice until this morning, what a mess of the drive he/she had made in getting his supper:sad:

Talk about being in the right place at the right time Clive!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arwen said:

I can completely agree with that! I really struggled to put the spare back where it was meant to be. So much so I ended up chucking it in the boot and driving to a local garage to ask for help! 

I will never understand why French cars insist on having the spare wheel mounted to the undercarriage rather than a well in the boot, which is much easier to access and protects the tyre from being exposed to the elements. 

• Like 1

Update on the RTI situation (without adding pre-conceived bias prior to legal proceedings)-
Two counts of TWOC, Two counts of no licence, two counts of no insurance, two counts of leaving the scene of an accident, two counts of reckless driving and--- two counts of driving whilst over the prescribed drink/drive limit.
One was already out on licence so has been instantly remanded.
And all this before I even got on duty [emoji41].

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 3

Update on the RTI situation (without adding pre-conceived bias prior to legal proceedings)-

Two counts of TWOC, Two counts of no licence, two counts of no insurance, two counts of leaving the scene of an accident, two counts of reckless driving and--- two counts of driving whilst over the prescribed drink/drive limit.

One was already out on licence so has been instantly remanded.

And all this before I even got on duty [emoji41].

Sent from my SM-G930F

Wow your quota for the day sorted then. At least they got what they deserved.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club