Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

12 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

I did not enjoy a journey from Alvaston, Derby (marked 2 Beech Ave on the pic, which is an arbitrary location on my route), to the tip (sorry, recycling centre, marked with the red pointer) at Raynesway taking the course of the blue line on the map.ohmy.pngwacko.png

I have done it before, a few years ago, and looked on Google to refresh my mind, but it looked different on the ground, and I got in the wrong lane, on a dual carriageway. Grrrr.

I know the area, my daily trip to school was on that route for 7 years. But that was a few decades ago now, and the roads are very different.huh.png

So in trying to get back down the dual carriageway, I made two further mistakes. Both by taking the left lane when I wanted to turn left, only to find the roads crossed over. Why it has to be so spaghetti like, I do not know. At one point, top right in the map, I was just yards from my old school.

It was all made worse by being about 5.30 when I went wrong, seeing the tip go by on the wrong side of the road, and it shut at 6.00. I could not decide whether to thump the steering wheel and swear, or burst into tears in frustration. In the end I just avoided both, and by a miracle, got there with 5 minutes spare!

It was not funny at the time, but I can see the funny side now.laugh.png, (Just!) So feel free to have a little laugh if you wish!

DerbyTip.jpg

Uber driver? :smile:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Sorry to hear that @Turvey I remember reading your original comment now. Good idea going to the vets and letting them know.

A friend of mine is the senior producer/presenter on our local BBC radio station and may be doing a piece on it as well. 

• Like 2

I don't like returning to work tomorrow...  At least I got my medication sorted out over the time I was off, but having to go back there will throw everything off kilter!!

Back to work Tuesday and Wednesday but off to the hospital on Thursday and then off Friday.

I would have probably booked the whole week off but being at home at the moment isn't fun either :wallbash:

I don't like finding the local pigeons have had mass ablutions all over the Mk1 Focus, in the last hour:sad:  Because their breakfast was mainly ivy berries, the tonic blue Focus is covered in multiple slimy purple blotches:wacko:

On 15/04/2017 at 10:56 AM, Jonro2009 said:

I don't object to their fees, a few times when I've phoned for emergency advice they don't charge at all. Our vet is really good. I do object to the price of medications though. A lot of the time you can get the human equivalent a lot cheaper.

Hope your pet isn't too sick, never nice when one of the family is ill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our vet always points out when the human equivalent is cheaper, and suggests it would be better to get it from a pharmacy. than for her to prescribe the more expensive medication   Some years ago, when Brandy got mange from a local fox and developed an allergy, her vet said she could prescribe  Cetirizine hydrochloride (£20 a time for 14 doses), or I could buy some human over the counter human Piriteze ( £5 for 12 tablets)  and give Brandy a quarter of a tablet with her breakfast.

Our vet also never charges for follow-up appointments, even if there are several.

On 16/04/2017 at 0:54 AM, Tdci-Peter said:

I did not enjoy a journey from Alvaston, Derby (marked 2 Beech Ave on the pic, which is an arbitrary location on my route), to the tip (sorry, recycling centre, marked with the red pointer) at Raynesway taking the course of the blue line on the map.ohmy.pngwacko.png

I have done it before, a few years ago, and looked on Google to refresh my mind, but it looked different on the ground, and I got in the wrong lane, on a dual carriageway. Grrrr.

I know the area, my daily trip to school was on that route for 7 years. But that was a few decades ago now, and the roads are very different.huh.png

So in trying to get back down the dual carriageway, I made two further mistakes. Both by taking the left lane when I wanted to turn left, only to find the roads crossed over. Why it has to be so spaghetti like, I do not know. At one point, top right in the map, I was just yards from my old school.

It was all made worse by being about 5.30 when I went wrong, seeing the tip go by on the wrong side of the road, and it shut at 6.00. I could not decide whether to thump the steering wheel and swear, or burst into tears in frustration. In the end I just avoided both, and by a miracle, got there with 5 minutes spare!

It was not funny at the time, but I can see the funny side now.laugh.png, (Just!) So feel free to have a little laugh if you wish!

DerbyTip.jpg

oooh...that puts the double backing and little out of the way round trip; i have to do every time I want to fill a car up into perspective. :laugh: The Shell petrol station i use is on the wrong side (from where I'm coming from) of the dualled part of the A349

• Like 2

Unfortunately our vet doesn't tell us about cheaper alternatives @GMX they also don't charge for follow up appointments providing they administered treatment in the first instance. Fortunately I am a nurse practitioner so I have a pretty good knowledge of medications. We have to be careful when buying meds for our pets, if the pharmacist thinks you are buying it for an animal they are reluctant to sell it. Strange little town that I live in [emoji52]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't like having remove all of Pipper's spoil piles from her recent below bush excavations, in order to mow the lawns.:sad:  Rather than stand sideways on and dig alongside: Pipper chose to dig facing the bush and toss the soil and stones between her paws and on to the lawn:sad: but she did manage to separate the stones from the soil.  The stones were pawed beyond the soil pile, in a sort of radiating spray pattern

I wonder if she'd use her digging skills for the furrows of the maincrop potato planting?:unsure:  or perhaps dig the bean trench prior to application of the compost?:unsure:

• Like 1

On 13/04/2017 at 8:09 PM, Turvey said:

I don't like having to have one of our cats put down due to poisoning! Symptoms VERY similar to anti-freeze poisoning so it could have been accidental but I'm not so sure. We found a half eaten birdfeeder fatball outside our house. The fatball is a light purple in colour and smells sweet, not like any I've seen before. 

So tomorrow I think we'll be making a phonecall to the SSPCA to let them know and maybe even let the police know. 

I don't like having a second cat, Stella, falling ill with the same symptoms!!! She's been at the vets since 08.30 this morning and is on a drip and had bloods taken. She has definitely  ingested anti-freeze, albeit in a much smaller dose than the first cat. She's being kept in for observation overnight and will get more blood tests tomorrow morning where they will be able to tell if there is any kidney damage, and any decisions about her future will have to made.

BBC Radio Orkney mentioned it on their main morning and lunchtime bulletins so hopefully something will come out of it, if only to warn other owners of the dangers. 

Meanwhile, our third and final cat, Ozzy, is confined to barracks which he absolutely HATES!!!

So, needless to say, it's not been a very happy household this week so far. 

Driving an hour each way on insterstate 4 to get to a craft/sewing shop while on our hols in us. Now waiting in shop for my partner while she browses. Kids had the right idea to stay at villa in pool. 

Cracked a seriously impacted wisdom tooth last week.

Finally managed to get to a dentist today - quick look & an x-ray confirms that yes, it needs to come out.

Turns out it's also infected, so the local anaesthetic wouldn't take properly.  Dentist tried something a bit stronger...turns out I'm extremely sensitive to it.  Blood pressure plummeted, I nearly pass out and now I have a referral to get it out under sedation :-/

On the plus side, I am now on the books there (friend of mine is a dental nurse there).  Quite glad - my (now former) surgery were absolute arses and refused to see me early (supposed to have an appointment next week).

I don't like the idiot cyclist I encountered this evening whilst out in the 405!  He was cycling along a straight road, looking ahead with both hands on the handlebars, so I checked the road ahead was clear and began to overtake him, only for him to suddenly (without ANY indication) swerve to the right to turn down a side road, putting himself directly in front of my car and forcing me to slam on the brakes and swerve to the left to avoid hitting him at 30MPH. 

Absolute flipping MORON!!! 

If I hadn't had my Mother with me in the car I would have followed him and given him a piece of my mind, but alas I did so I carried on and tried to ignore his stupidity. 

Why are cyclists not made to pass a test prior to being able to cycle on public roads?  It's ridiculous!  If I had hit him then I would have been at fault and prosecuted for it, despite the fact he was to blame. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like the idiot cyclist I encountered this evening whilst out in the 405!  He was cycling along a straight road, looking ahead with both hands on the handlebars, so I checked the road ahead was clear and began to overtake him, only for him to suddenly (without ANY indication) swerve to the right to turn down a side road, putting himself directly in front of my car and forcing me to slam on the brakes and swerve to the left to avoid hitting him at 30MPH. 

Absolute flipping MORON!!! 

If I hadn't had my Mother with me in the car I would have followed him and given him a piece of my mind, but alas I did so I carried on and tried to ignore his stupidity. 

Why are cyclists not made to pass a test prior to being able to cycle on public roads?  It's ridiculous!

Id have dropped a gear and put em through the windscreen on to the back seat the stupid female reproductive organ 

• Like 1

Just now, Lenny said:

Id have dropped a gear and put em through the windscreen on to the back seat the stupid female reproductive organ 

Haha, yeah as tempting as that is I don't fancy having to find a replacement front bumper, bonnet and windscreen for a Peugeot 405!! :laugh:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Haha, yeah as tempting as that is I don't fancy having to find a replacement front bumper, bonnet and windscreen for a Peugeot 405!! :laugh:

I think he wanted the front of that 405 more than anything in life mate 😁

Going on 15 years now; I don't like the wife's family,

More recently; I don't like my wife inviting three of her families newly found parteners to our 8yr old daughter's communion of which the celebration is taking place in our own home in three weeks time which I am personally paying for 100% to include bouncing castle yet none of my own family have been invited atall.

so basically im paying for 19 people to have sandwiches and cake along with drinks and coffee in my own house😦 3 of those individuals are complete strangers as they are the family parteners and the other 16 hate me 😁

and result it's breaking my heart to dothis but I'm just going to be at the chapel for the ceremonie then I'm getting the bus up to my mother's for the night as I can't stomach the all out stupidity and I'm not going to be here to be ridiculed by a buch of nobody's whom mostly depend on Benefits or still live with mammy since born yet all have an opinion of me that I'm not good enough for there sister or daughter depending on the family member in opinion.

I Earn more than adequate income to provide for there daughter and our three children aswell as a mortgage, car and the party there going to be attending.

I'm absolutely discusted, our daughter doesn't even know these people or care if they are there but I'm her dad shouldn't I come first. 

My wife is a complete push over to her mother whom has still some sort of hold on her despite I cater for her every need since 2002 she doesn't rely on them for anything yet im cast aside as the papier 

I hate not knowing how to set up a Android phone coming from iPhone 6s and keep deleting things that are needed like Google drive (MyDrive)

Quote '' i don't need this Drive thing''.......Delete.......contacts gone...dame thing so sign into google photos and surprise drive is signed in and contacts back.

They say you learn by mistakes.

Top tip with Android phones - Back Up Regurlarly to the Google account, that way you won't ever lose any contacts or settings and make it far easier to transfer to new phones on upgrade or if replacing a broken phone.

• Like 2

More recently; I don't like my wife inviting three of her families newly found parteners to our 8yr old daughter's communion of which the celebration is taking place in our own home in three weeks time which I am personally paying for 100% to include bouncing castle yet none of my own family have been invited atall.
so basically im paying for 19 people to have sandwiches and cake along with drinks and coffee in my own house[emoji46] 3 of those individuals are complete strangers as they are the family parteners and the other 16 hate me [emoji16]
and result it's breaking my heart to dothis but I'm just going to be at the chapel for the ceremonie then I'm getting the bus up to my mother's for the night as I can't stomach the all out stupidity and I'm not going to be here to be ridiculed by a buch of nobody's whom mostly depend on Benefits or still live with mammy since born yet all have an opinion of me that I'm not good enough for there sister or daughter depending on the family member in opinion.
I Earn more than adequate income to provide for there daughter and our three children aswell as a mortgage, car and the party there going to be attending.
I'm absolutely discusted, our daughter doesn't even know these people or care if they are there but I'm her dad shouldn't I come first. 
My wife is a complete push over to her mother whom has still some sort of hold on her despite I cater for her every need since 2002 she doesn't rely on them for anything yet im cast aside as the papier 

That sucks Lenny. Me thinks it's time to call it a day and move on.

3 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

so basically im paying for 19 people to have sandwiches and cake along with drinks and coffee in my own houseemoji46.png 3 of those individuals are complete strangers as they are the family parteners and the other 16 hate me emoji16.png

That sucks Lenny. Me thinks it's time to call it a day and move on.

What?  From his wife, or her family?

• Like 1

What?  From his wife, or her family?

Na mate I will invite my own family over as well but then again I do not know the situation with your side. But from her side it is a bit insensitive to be honest. Personally just go along and rule your house mate. Your there for your daughter not your wife or her friendly.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like having a second cat, Stella, falling ill with the same symptoms!!! She's been at the vets since 08.30 this morning and is on a drip and had bloods taken. She has definitely  ingested anti-freeze, albeit in a much smaller dose than the first cat. She's being kept in for observation overnight and will get more blood tests tomorrow morning where they will be able to tell if there is any kidney damage, and any decisions about her future will have to made.

BBC Radio Orkney mentioned it on their main morning and lunchtime bulletins so hopefully something will come out of it, if only to warn other owners of the dangers. 

Meanwhile, our third and final cat, Ozzy, is confined to barracks which he absolutely HATES!!!

So, needless to say, it's not been a very happy household this week so far. 

Unfortunately Stella had to be put down this morning! Her kidneys weren't functioning so there was no point carrying on treatment and prolonging her suffering :sad:

The SSPCA are supposed to be going to investigate it but I really don't hold out much hope of finding out who did it. 

40 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Unfortunately Stella had to be put down this morning! Her kidneys weren't functioning so there was no point carrying on treatment and prolonging her suffering :sad:

The SSPCA are supposed to be going to investigate it but I really don't hold out much hope of finding out who did it. 

I'm so sorry to hear that Kevin, to lose two pets in the same month is just terrible.  Could it not be that a local car has a leaking radiator or coolant hose? 

8 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I'm so sorry to hear that Kevin, to lose two pets in the same month is just terrible.  Could it not be that a local car has a leaking radiator or coolant hose? 

Cheers Jamie, aye, no very nice at all. Mrs and the kids are devastated. 

We found a fat-ball(what you would normally hang up for birds) that seems to have been soaked in anti-freeze or something similar so I don't think it's accidental. Whether whoever did it was after cats or vermin I really don't know though. 

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

that's bad  sorry to hear :sad:

On 15/04/2017 at 0:26 PM, Turvey said:

Unfortunately Harley had been put down before my original post :sad:

Police have been informed, more for their information rather than expecting an investigation and prosecution. Also went past the other vets practice to make them aware as well, hopefully it was an isolated case but you never know. 

Sorry to hear this,our pets are like another human in the house.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club