Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

3 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Sorry to hear this,our pets are like another human in the house.

Cheers mate, to lose one cat was bad enough, but to lose two in one week due to someone's deliberate use of antifreeze as some form of pest control is really sickening! 

I don't like the idiot in a Citroen Picasso that nearly went straight into the 405's N/S wing on the M90 this afternoon, when he decided switch lanes without indicating or checking his mirror!!  Fortunately I managed to brake and move over to the right (almost hitting the raised pavement) to avoid a collision, but only just. 

11 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like the idiot in a Citroen Picasso that nearly went straight into the 405's N/S wing on the M90 this afternoon, when he decided switch lanes without indicating or checking his mirror!!  Fortunately I managed to brake and move over to the right (almost hitting the raised pavement) to avoid a collision, but only just. 

I assume you have a dashcam to capture these kinds of events?

I don't like being sick off work today :(

I think it was something I ate yesterday (looking at you Nandos!!)

5 hours ago, Incontro said:

I assume you have a dashcam to capture these kinds of events?

I don't like being sick off work today :(

I think it was something I ate yesterday (looking at you Nandos!!)

Nope, the 405 has a constant feed cigarette lighter so I couldn't use one without plugging and unplugging it all the time, plus I hate having things stuck to the windscreen.  Until they come up with a dash cam incorporated in a rear view mirror that has a battery which can last for 8-10 hours (and be removed for charging/replacement) I won't be using one as it is just too much bother.

I suppose that's another "don't like", is dash cam manufacturers being unable to put a half decent battery in their cameras!!

I also don't like driving home in a blizzard of snow this afternoon, in APRIL.  Strange weather...

15 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Nope, the 405 has a constant feed cigarette lighter so I couldn't use one without plugging and unplugging it all the time, plus I hate having things stuck to the windscreen.  Until they come up with a dash cam incorporated in a rear view mirror that has a battery which can last for 8-10 hours (and be removed for charging/replacement) I won't be using one as it is just too much bother.

I suppose that's another "don't like", is dash cam manufacturers being unable to put a half decent battery in their cameras!!

I also don't like driving home in a blizzard of snow this afternoon, in APRIL.  Strange weather...

Aye the cold blast you're having up north is currently on it's way down south :( 

Min/Max temps of 0/11C on Wed, Autumn is back!!

dont like getting home from hols of 32c and back to uk cold and wet weather!!

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Have you thought of one of these?-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122029160115?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I don't like a news article tonight lambasting drivers for overtaking cyclists too closely, when nothing is ever said about cyclists failing to cycle in a straight line/check over their shoulder/use arm signals/use appropriate roads, the list could go on. 

But of course no, us BAD drivers must look after those POOR cyclists. 

Cyclists pay NO taxes and NO insurance, but yet they expect us TAX PAYING and INSURANCE HOLDING drivers to do everything to keep them safe from their own STUPID behaviour.

*RANT OVER*

• Like 2

Totally agree. I do give em room however when I'm' in my truck.

4 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

Totally agree. I do give em room however when I'm' in my truck.

Yep, 95% of them are total idiots.  They spend half the time cycling in the middle of the road and the other half moaning about "bad drivers".  If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!!

There are a few who are very decent though and do everything they can to allow cars past, but unfortunately they are in the minority...

• Like 2

Opening my bag of McCoys on break to find its only 1/4 full!!! 

IMG_7826.thumb.JPG.9f16e5921fd326145dad080051517f8c.JPG

• Like 1

I know crisp bags aren't as full as they used to be, but that's taking it to a new level!!

• Like 1

I don't like waking up feeling fevered and suffering from a persistent cough.  Yet another flipping cold!!  How many can I get in one year?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like waking up feeling fevered and suffering from a persistent cough.  Yet another flipping cold!!  How many can I get in one year?

I had the flu jab this year due to age and have had three bad colds already think it might be something to do with that jab:sad:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

I had the flu jab this year due to age and have had three bad colds already think it might be something to do with that jab:sad:

Yep, the vaccine contains a minute percentage of the flu virus to create the biological antibodies within your immune system preventing you from catching the full flu virus,

If you get the vaccine again next year it won't affect you as much as your already a subscriber 😁

• Like 1

Just now, Lenny said:

Yep, the vaccine contains a minute percentage of the flu virus to create the biological antibodies within your immune system preventing you from catching the full flu virus,

If you get the vaccine again next year it won't affect you as much as your already a subscriber 😁

hope so felt like s--- this year :smile:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dezwez said:

hope so felt like s--- this year :smile:

Some "lemsip cold&flu" tablets are brilliant there a green&red box 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

Some "lemsip cold&flu" tablets are brilliant there a green&red box 

I shall get some of them :smile:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

The flu vaccine only contains a dead/deactivated version of the chosen strains.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vaccinations/Pages/how-flu-vaccine-works.aspx

• Like 2

The vaccine only contains the previous years strain so only gives a small protection as the strain mutates every year.
That's why it can't be cured once and for all.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

17 hours ago, dezwez said:

I shall get some of them :smile:

Get the store brand - fraction of the price, same active ingredients

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Lenny said:

As others have said, the virus is dead.

The other cocktail of substances enable your body to react to it - the cold symptoms and generally ill feeling you get are potentially just explained by your body trying to fight the vaccine (which is what gives you your immunity).

I have one every year (and have done for a good 4-5 years) - both for my young nephews (and my sister when she was pregnant) health, and also the service users I come into contact with on a daily basis.

• Like 1

I don't like that I have another 400 mile round trip to Edinburgh on Friday and I am still feeling like crap despite resting in bed for most of today.  Lets hope another day of rest tomorrow can kill whatever it is that's attacking my system and I'll be well again by Friday morning...  Thank goodness this happened during some pre-booked annual leave, as I couldn't have called in sick again after only just coming back!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club