Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

2 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Well, I followed your advice (finally...) Lenny, lets see if they work any better than what I've tried so far!

They seem to have slightly different ingredients though, but that's all we have here in Scotland as far as I could see.

WP_20170428_11_18_46_Pro.jpg

No fair you get 16 capsules we only get 12 😦

mine cost €5.76 aswell 😣

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

No fair you get 16 capsules we only get 12 😦

mine cost €5.76 aswell 😣

Mine cost £2.99, which I believe works out at €3.54.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Mine cost £2.99, which I believe works out at €3.54.

See the people at "Reckitt Benckiser's Group PLC" know the Scotts are hardy; and wouldn't be willing to pay double the price for the flu tablets unlike the irish 😣man flu😩

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lenny said:

See the people at "Reckitt Benckiser's Group PLC" know the Scotts are hardy; and wouldn't be willing to pay double the price for the flu tablets unlike the irish 😣man flu😩

True! :laugh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lenny said:

lol :smile:

• Like 1

I don't like the prospect of 5 hours at work tomorrow... :angry:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like the prospect of 5 hours at work tomorrow... :angry:

I'm in for 8 hours but have only gotten three hours sleep so far, due to heart burn and excitement that it's my last time in work until Friday next week 🙌

I don't like putting up coat hooks and the screw heads breaking off!!! :wallbash: 

Think I might have to go out and buy a Dremmel type tool to cut the screws down to the wood and mount the hook slightly to the one side.

IMG_20170429_150755728.jpg

9 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't like putting up coat hooks and the screw heads breaking off!!! :wallbash: 

Think I might have to go out and buy a Dremmel type tool to cut the screws down to the wood and mount the hook slightly to the one side.

😮 nice bit of Oak there mate, I'd mask the area before using the dremil because sparks will burn the finish on the wood.

some A2 stainless steel screws will be of better pre-cast construction aswell 💪

• Like 2

I don't like that the Volvo (V541XBE) with its super-efficient 1.9TDI engine costs more to tax per month than my Rover (V191FNC) with its gas-guzzling 2.3 petrol!?

tax.png.9cfd0f50217bf51f6f04521ecca8cee9.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

😮 nice bit of Oak there mate, I'd mask the area before using the dremil because sparks will burn the finish on the wood.

some A2 stainless steel screws will be of better pre-cast construction aswell 💪

Just a bit our joiner had lying about :wink: 

Thanks for the masking tip, wouldn't have thought about that. 

• Like 1

My aunts Vauxhall Omega blowing it's head gasket this afternoon, leaving her and my uncle car-less. They have a Peugeot 407 too but that's been in the garage for over a month as they couldn't get a part for it and had to wait for it to arrive from France, but 6 weeks is taking the mickey...

In a way I think my aunt is pleased as she hated the Omega anyway so good riddance! Just got to take the new tyre off and off it goes to the scrapyard. Only problem is they now have no car, and their only source of income atm is her job which she can only get to by borrowing my cousins 307 for a week whilst she's on holiday.

Don't you hate Vauxhalls? (Granted, they're not all bad). Looks like we might have to scrape some money together to get something for her, a £400 Astra is looking suitable...

24 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

My aunts Vauxhall Omega blowing it's head gasket this afternoon, leaving her and my uncle car-less. They have a Peugeot 407 too but that's been in the garage for over a month as they couldn't get a part for it and had to wait for it to arrive from France, but 6 weeks is taking the mickey...

In a way I think my aunt is pleased as she hated the Omega anyway so good riddance! Just got to take the new tyre off and off it goes to the scrapyard. Only problem is they now have no car, and their only source of income atm is her job which she can only get to by borrowing my cousins 307 for a week whilst she's on holiday.

Don't you hate Vauxhalls? (Granted, they're not all bad). Looks like we might have to scrape some money together to get something for her, a £400 Astra is looking suitable...

Strangely the Omega is actually the one (and only) Vauxhall I like, and would consider buying.  With the 6-cylinder engine and automatic transmission it is quite a good car, RWD too.  The head gaskets are quite a common problem though.

For £400 surely she could get a Focus or a Mondeo in the same condition as an Astra? :ohmy:

Yeah it's a 2001 Y-reg V6 Auto (Elite?) in some sort of dark green with cream interior. Not actually a horrible car, just terrible reliability and worth about 10p. Totally unsuitable for my aunt who would prefer a smaller car (Focus/307) sized. Unfortunately my uncle doesn't take much notice and buys moneypits. :rolleyes: Now she's the breadwinner for the time being hopefully she will get to choose the next car. Next week she plans on giving the garage a stern word (!) about the delay in the Peugeot being fixed.

I only looked at cars within 10 miles of their postcode and beggars can't be choosers...

This is the car, seems like a good bet, only one advisory on the last MOT and that was for a cracked number plate!

www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703253672125?atmobcid=soc3

15 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Yeah it's a 2001 Y-reg V6 Auto (Elite?) in some sort of dark green with cream interior. Not actually a horrible car, just terrible reliability and worth about 10p. Totally unsuitable for my aunt who would prefer a smaller car (Focus/307) sized. Unfortunately my uncle doesn't take much notice and buys moneypits. :rolleyes: Now she's the breadwinner for the time being hopefully she will get to choose the next car. Next week she plans on giving the garage a stern word (!) about the delay in the Peugeot being fixed.

I only looked at cars within 10 miles of their postcode and beggars can't be choosers...

This is the car, seems like a good bet, only one advisory on the last MOT and that was for a cracked number plate!

www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703253672125?atmobcid=soc3

What about this?

You should have a good look on Gumtree in her general area, there are a lot of decent cars on there.  Try 30-50 miles from her post code, as many sellers will take the car nearer or you could drive her to it.

This one too...

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll look into those, bargains! We will speak to her tomorrow, at least she has the 307 for the next week. 

A MK1 Focus would be a good choice, she likes my other cousins one, a nice blue/green Y-reg Ghia which has been pretty reliable for its age. Even managed to escape death when someone crashed into it and got repaired outside of insurance!

13 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Thanks, I'll look into those, bargains! We will speak to her tomorrow, at least she has the 307 for the next week. 

A MK1 Focus would be a good choice, she likes my other cousins one, a nice blue/green Y-reg Ghia which has been pretty reliable for its age. Even managed to escape death when someone crashed into it and got repaired outside of insurance!

Well, you know what I'm like with used cars Chris!!  If I were local I could probably get her something decent for less than £200, but Scotland is a bit far away unfortunately...

You never know, if she buys a MK1 then she may give it to you when she gets the Peugeot back and then you will have a MK1 to restore!!

Haha yeah, that would be cool! Tbh I don't know what will happen, they can't afford anything at the moment, my uncle is starting a new job with luck in a few weeks, but it's in Burton-upon-Trent so he may well need the Peugeot or go by train. So it looks like they'll need another car anyway! She only passed her test about 10 years ago and is quite a nervous driver so a smaller car would be better suited.

IfIf she gets an old banger I'd love to give it a thorough cleaning and maybe practice machine polishing it. :biggrin:

I don't like my bottom left rear-most gum becoming incredibly painful as it did several months ago (and then mysteriously got better overnight).  Paracetamol and ibuprofen don't help, and even whisky has little effect!! 

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like my bottom left rear-most gum becoming incredibly painful as it did several months ago (and then mysteriously got better overnight).  Paracetamol and ibuprofen don't help, and even whisky has little effect!! 

Some of the new listerine solutions are really quite effective on various conditions the purple one is most abrasive but there's also a white frosted glass type one may be worth trying those out before paying the dentist 

39 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Some of the new listorene solutions are really quite effective on various conditions the purple one is most abrasive but there's also a white frosted glass type one may be worth trying those out before paying the dentist 

I'll look into that, thanks Lenny!

8 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I'll look into that, thanks Lenny!

I used the purple one for a few weeks, id take a cap full before getting in the shower then hold it until I got out of the shower again every day, 

it took a lot of dead skin from inside my jaws 😅 could roll it with my tongue and spit it out, I'm now on the white one and it's forming somthing like jelly when used for a minute.

20170501_094707.jpg

I don't like the overly aggressive traffic warden that demanded whether I know the law, for stopping on double yellow lines for just a few seconds to get directions on my satnav.

I wasn't impeding the flow of any traffic (i was directly in front of a row of parked cars), and my engine was running the whole time.

As far as I understand, parking on double yellows is obviously never permitted, but provided there are no additional stopping restrictions in force (via signage), you are actually allowed to unload/load passengers not taking more than a reasonable amount of time. If that's allowed, then surely stopping to enter directions to your satnav must be??

The aggravated burglary turned murder in the headlines is only a couple of miles from me and I drive passed the end of the road every day.

Might go through the dash cam footage but don't remember seeing anything unusual.

Thoughts are with their friends and family.

• Like 1