Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like my new prescription sunglasses having a frame failure this afternoon, as the left side nylon string holding the lens in: snapped without warning, and the lens promptly fell out:sad:

This is a first!  I've been wearing glasses since I was 5 and I've never had a pair collapse like this:ohmy:

9 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

The one I'm looking at is a Bosch Rotak ergo 40-17.

I have it's big brother the Rotak 45, it easily in terms of wet long grass competes with the petrol counterparts for the domestic user: although it's obviously not as powerful as the commercial petrol models.

10 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I just don't know how easy they are to push along the grass.

Very, they're not heavy, it weighs about the same as a cat!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lenny said:

@Jonro2009  bought two "hardy fish" today well according to the pet shop there hardy but I didn't see any sailor tatoo's on them or anything 😁 he says if they die bring down a water sample 😦 I put in aquasafe and safestart stuff last Sunday I'm down €294 at this point now.

put them in there at 15:45 checked in them at 17:00 and there both dead 😐 I have officially they most expensive 55litre basin of water in history... Que The animal wrights activists 

What kind of filter are you using? It can take a while for the filters to start working correctly. Do you have an air-pump? If you have an air-pump running an air-stone this helps get rid of the chlorine etc Have you got plants? These help with removing chlorine as well and help mature the filter.

I know it's hard not to buy fish but you really should leave it a couple of weeks and then start to stock it slowly.

I used to keep fish years ago and fishkeeping technology has probably moved on a lot since I last kept any. There's bound to be fishkeeping forums you can peruse and gain knowledge :wink:

EDIT: http://www.fishkeeping.co.uk/modules/newbb/

Very, they're not heavy, it weighs about the same as a cat!

Thanks @GMX that's a good help, a review from a tried and tested user. The 40 would be plenty big enough to suit my needs in terms of cutting width and I think the 1700W motor will be capable, so it was the manoeuvrability I was interested in, particularly pushing it through the grass and turning it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I still don't like people on there phones while driving. It's now 3 vs 1 (female vs male) in my mini count since the new laws started. Yesterday it was a lady in her damn Nissan Micra, today another older lady in her 58 plate Audi. Both got the same treatment of a point and shout out of the window while stopped. The bloke was driving in the opposite direction to me (a few days earlier) so I could only give him the bird instead!

• Like 1

Lenny you absolutely have to be patient fish are extremely sensitive. New tanks take at least two weeks before any fish are introduced

First you need to check the ph of your water to ensure it is correct for the species you are putting in. Also the temperature is that correct? When introducing new fish put the bag of water they come in into the tank so the temperature equalises before letting them out. Make sure you have plenty of plants thriving and enough bacteria. Is your pump/filter working correctly.

Temp and water quality are key and if it's wrong everything you put in will die so keep faith and remain positive

Aquariums can be very frustrating but if well cared for very rewarding.

• Like 1

On 04/05/2017 at 9:36 PM, GMX said:

I've been wearing glasses since I was 5 and I've never had a pair collapse like this:ohmy:

My 2nd best pair of glasses is donkey's years old, must be over 20! Part of the metal frame, the double bridge bit, broke ages ago, but the other half of the bridge, and the rest of the frame, still soldiers on. They are used for all my rough work, and some of it is pretty rough!

A month or so ago, I was working near Tyneham, repairing a bit of stone paving. While standing on the stone heap, looking for likely stones, my boot slipped ohmy.png, right down a big sloping stone. I tried to catch my balance, but couldn't quite manage it. Next thing I knew, I nose dived into a juicy spring nettle on the grassy verge.ohmy.pngohmy.pngsad.pngwacko.png

Literally landed partly on my nose, head pushed back, twisting my neck a bit.sad.png Though it must have been great amusement for onlookerslaugh.pngbiggrin.png, once they had seen I was still alive.

I was lucky, I suppose, that I missed all the stones, but that nettle did sting for hours, and my neck ached. My glasses took some of the impact, the nose pieces & one side were bent, but they survived, and bent back to shape ok. They may have kept that evil nettle out of my eyes!

I thought I might get whiplash, but a couple Ibuprofen and half a bottle of wine may have helped. I woke up next morning none the worse for the experience. Maybe I will learn to take more care on slippery stone heaps. Or maybe not! If I haven't learnt by now, perhaps I never will.

I don't like the Jaguar which sped past me at around 80MPH on a country road and in doing so kicked up a large stone which whacked the 405's bonnet resulting in two scrapes in the paintwork!!  Thankfully it hasn't dented the bonnet, but I'll need to touch it up which will not be perfect and that irritates me.

I don't like finding out that Edd China is leaving Wheeler Dealers due to the new production company wanting to cut costs by reducing the workshop segments of the show.
The show is all about working on cars, cutting this back will ruin the whole thing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I hate being offered a nice 525d when I just got the lexus and now I have a massive itch to go after it. I shall refuse though cos I love the Lexus and I can smell a small rat on the 525d. Owner keeps dodging questions and answers not consistent.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I don't like finding out that Edd China is leaving Wheeler Dealers due to the new production company wanting to cut costs by reducing the workshop segments of the show.
The show is all about working on cars, cutting this back will ruin the whole thing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk
  • Like 2

I must be getting old, but just dropped step daughter off at guitar practice at a recording /practice studios and there is a band that practice at the same time in a room near entrance. What a racket!!! Population 7 apparently. Whoever they are. All sounds the same to me. Lol

I don't like doing an Ookla test on my laptop after setting up the "new" internet connection...  Then again, what do I expect from WiFi as opposed to Ethernet connection.

5911f63904c3f_Ooklalaptop.png.3497fb224596c209878e4fbd145cd7e5.png

Strangely though the upload speed is actually BETTER over WiFi than wired?  What the heck!?

I don't like seeing more well driven Vauxhall Corsas than Ford Fiestas!!  Not to mention the modern Foci which are constantly driving up my back-side and overtaking etc...

I don't like the weather today would've been ideal to take Pipper for an extended stroll through Dorset or eastern Hampshire: but apart from her morning stroll, I've been stuck inside desk bound with a mountain of paperwork:sad:  And typically, the forecast for the weekend, when extended strolls usually occur is suggesting rather a lot rain and little sun:sad:

I also don't like discovering that I've already got something that I'm already committed to, falling on the same weekend as Ford Fair:ohmy::sad: 

On 08/05/2017 at 7:32 PM, iantt said:

I must be getting old, but just dropped step daughter off at guitar practice at a recording /practice studios and there is a band that practice at the same time in a room near entrance. What a racket!!! Population 7 apparently. Whoever they are. All sounds the same to me. Lol

This band?

https://www.facebook.com/population7

A further don't like for today, which I've just discovered:sad:

Is not noticing I'd inadvertently knocked over the 1L container of Ford power steering fluid last night, that was right by the door, when going to the freezers, to get Pipper's chickens out.  The top wasn't fully screwed on :ohmy:  About 50ml remains in the the fallen bottle: the rest is a wide puddle on the floor!:sad: 

25 minutes ago, GMX said:

A further don't like for today, which I've just discovered:sad:

Is not noticing I'd inadvertently knocked over the 1L container of Ford power steering fluid last night, that was right by the door, when going to the freezers, to get Pipper's chickens out.  The top wasn't fully screwed on :ohmy:  About 50ml remains in the the fallen bottle: the rest is a wide puddle on the floor!:sad: 

You missed a key detail - what colour steering fluid was it - green or red? 

Won't be able to sleep tonight if you don't tell me :tongue:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Incontro said:

You missed a key detail - what colour steering fluid was it - green or red? 

Won't be able to sleep tonight if you don't tell me :tongue:

Green

A further detail I omitted was Ford Part No. 1384110:laugh:

7 minutes ago, GMX said:

Green

A further detail I omitted was Ford Part No. 1384110:laugh:

I've recently seen some debates on whether Red or Green fluid is appropriate for the Mk2/Mk2.5 Focus. Apparently Ford used to use red in the Mk2, but at some point during production of the Mk2.5, they switched to green for cost cutting purposes (since most of their more recent vehicles used green).

Birds pooping on car after just gave a good valet n polish.

spent hours on my drive 😥🔫

I don't like the two white man van drivers this morning. One was tail gating me up to the point where he turned off from the roundabout and the next ***** decided to pull out in front of me!!

I don't like nearly being attacked by a flock of birds in the smoking shelter at work!  Like a scene from The Birds!!

I've amassed a few "don't likes" today.

First there was the dishwasher, which partially flooded the kitchen, only 10 minutes into it's washing cycle!:sad:  It was waterfalling out of the bottom of the door in a 600mm wide flow!:ohmy: like one of those architectural features! Upon opening the door, the lower arm was actually submerged.  Something was impeding the pump:unsure:, or less likely the drainage pump had failed itself :sad:

Bailing out a flooded dishwasher with soup ladle takes a lot longer than you would otherwise think!

It wasn't the pump, it was the shared drainage with the sinks, which to say they were blocked somewhat was an understatement!  Pipes have a diameter of 40mm had been reduced to a narrow passage 1-2mm.  Just as I'd removed with aid of butter knife and a few marmalade/jam spoons cable tied to several screwdrivers of varying length: 6 bags of soap scum: I remembered last year I bought an attachment for my pressure washer for clearing blocked pipes and drains:wallbash:

Still with my drains, then there was the fiasco, of trying to find the the foul water inspection manhole.  The only two obvious ones were in the paver drive, the tray type with plastic handles.  What sort of idiot thought plastic handles were a good design choice, at the inspection hole cover manufacturer?:ohmy::unsure:  If they haven't been lifted since they were installed (12 years), a combination of corrosion and grit locks the whole thing in place, and you can't apple any king of leverage to plastic handles:sad:   The gap between the tray and it's seat was too narrow to get any any kind pry bar in.:sad:

So that was more faffing about with various blades to loosen the grit in the tiny slit and a compressed air duster to blow it away.  It turned out, once I'd got the lower cover off, it wasn't a foul water one after all: but  surface water one:mellow:  I eventually found the foul water one, after an extensive search under the shrubbery; concealed in the very depths of Prunus hedge! 

And then when I went to collect Pipper from the Rescue's in-house clinic, their vets were unable to do her spay today, because she's having a phantom pregnancy :w00t: and is full of milk for her non-existent puppies:ohmy::wacko::blink:

• Like 3

Any idea who the father is Ghana? :laugh:

• Like 1

I don't like finding Tesco had had a run on single cream tonight when i went down to get my weekly quota, for my diet.:sad:  Normally runs on cream coincide with eating festivals like Xmas, Easter and Halloween. I ended up having to get the last 2 singles, what was left of the whipping and the remainder as double.  Although the ratios are actually better with double cream, it makes a mug of coffee more like a meal than a drink.:huh: 

I discovered whilst looking for something to hide her medicine in with her first dose today, that Pipper is not fond of oily fish and is not that attracted to cheese:mellow:  Whereas Brandy loved having medication; because it meant a saucer of sardines or mackerel with each dose, or a tablet hidden in a block of cheese.  Pipper's chicken carcases and necks don't lend themselves to having medicine mixed in, it tends to run off:sad: 

I suppose if I got a syringe and needle I could inject into the flesh of the carcase or neck:unsure:  Syringes are fairly easy obtain but I don't think hypodermic needles are: unless your a medic or a vet.:unsure: 

At £10 a dose, I didn't want to put it on something she wasn't going to eat:mellow: So, I offered her a sample to try before I dosed a full saucer. Both the sardine and the grated extra mature cheddar: she sniffed and then rejected.  The only other strong flavoured things I had in the fridge was Tesco Finest duck paté and half a chorizo.  The duck paté was successful, although I'm surprised as it contains orange marmalade; dog's don't usually like marmalade!

Since Pipper started her medication, she's started to utter lengthy howls, proper wolf-like ones.:ohmy:  Amongst the side effects of Galastop, howling like a wolf isn't mentioned.  Our vet mentioned she might have a change of behaviour whilst her raging hormones are bought under control

3 hours ago, Incontro said:

Any idea who the father is Ghana? :laugh:

Dorset doesn't seem to have any famous ghost dogs.

Although, Jasper the recently deceased Rottie, former daily user of the driveway dog bowl is a possibility.:laugh:

1 hour ago, GMX said:

I suppose if I got a syringe and needle I could inject into the flesh of the carcase or neck:unsure:  Syringes are fairly easy obtain but I don't think hypodermic needles are: unless your a medic or a vet.:unsure: 

Ask your vet (obviously tell them why you want them) - they will have syringes and needles around, and if not free, they will be a couple of quid maximum - preferably for your purposes a drawing up/filling needle with a blunt, or near blunt tip (no filters though, you'll probably never get the stuff through). For food prep can be washed and safely stowed with the needle cap on - don't stab yourself - and reused when required (but to dispose of, take to your vet to put in the yellow bin).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club